Rising Tide Questions [First round of answers posted!]

Comments

• Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I kinda saw the skills of the new races... urgh seriously?
    its not too op? its like having so much def and attack... wow... so if someone oracles to 90 he will **** any other classes? whats the deal here? massive reroll?b:sadb:surrender

QQ much first point.

1. Only time they get that major defense is in water, so unless u live under the sea plz.

2. Every class has their advantage, Archers for example and immobilize them and run like h*ll so calm down

3. Its not going to be massive considering more people are coming then ever before and with the massive overload of players, its gonna be even out so

4. U probably have all refined gear and an oracle will have npc so u can easily take him out, so take ur panties out of a bunch
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    QQ much first point.

1. Only time they get that major defense is in water, so unless u live under the sea plz.

2. Every class has their advantage, Archers for example and immobilize them and run like h*ll so calm down

3. Its not going to be massive considering more people are coming then ever before and with the massive overload of players, its gonna be even out so

4. U probably have all refined gear and an oracle will have npc so u can easily take him out, so take ur panties out of a bunch

this is why i love silver b:shy
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I doubt the new classes will be OP. It's all hype until it's real.
  • rose9
    rose9 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Logic fail.
    Assassins: Arabic.
    Katanas: Japanese.

Then again...
    Assassins: Fish.

b:shutup

Are you always such an ****? how many games have an assassin class that uses katanas. I can think of at least 2 off the top of my head. I think katanas would be a nice addition to the game and the only reason you seem to think the only place to have assassins are Arabic countries is because you play way too much Assassin's Creed.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    rose9 wrote: »
    Are you always such an ****? how many games have an assassin class that uses katanas. I can think of at least 2 off the top of my head. I think katanas would be a nice addition to the game and the only reason you seem to think the only place to have assassins are Arabic countries is because you play way too much Assassin's Creed.

Lmao look at the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway Even if he was a d*ck about it dont mean u can be. He might of been playin to much Assassin Creed but it seems you been playing to much Ninja Gaiden. Just be patient dang.

On a side note Why would they add another sword, we already have 2 types with 2 variations of both of them, so why should they add a Katana over Dual daggers? Hmm???
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • rose9
    rose9 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lmao look at the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway Even if he was a d*ck about it dont mean u can be. He might of been playin to much Assassin Creed but it seems you been playing to much Ninja Gaiden. Just be patient dang.

On a side note Why would they add another sword, we already have 2 types with 2 variations of both of them, so why should they add a Katana over Dual daggers? Hmm???

I don't play Ninja Gaiden, and which would you rather have dual knives or dual katanas. Also I wasn't trying to be an **** and I'm sorry if it seemed like that.
  • HaseoToD - Lost City
    HaseoToD - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There's cities in the sky already. Heaven's Tear is one. You just haven't gotten there.

Also, very astute detective work. I'm impressed that you managed to deduce that the Tideborn will be an aquatic race using only the clues and the trailer provided to us by PWI. :\

OK what trailer I seen nothing about a trailer. All I found was the 5 or 6 OLD Trailer's In the Download,Moive area of the site and screenshots of the new area and race.

(( YES I SUCK AT FINDING INFO AND OTHER THINGS> I HAVE MY MOTHER TO BLAME FOR THIS. 22years and she she FORCES me drop out of school JUST because she things its for the better of me.))
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OK what trailer I seen nothing about a trailer. All I found was the 5 or 6 OLD Trailer's In the Download,Moive area of the site and screenshots of the new area and race.

(( YES I SUCK AT FINDING INFO AND OTHER THINGS> I HAVE MY MOTHER TO BLAME FOR THIS. 22years and she she FORCES me drop out of school JUST because she things its for the better of me.))
    Too much info man T_T
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will we get 2 more char slots from 8 to 10, or must we delete our existing chars to play? b:question b:beatup
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • HaseoToD - Lost City
    HaseoToD - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will we get 2 more char slots from 8 to 10, or must we delete our existing chars to play? b:question b:beatup

Why more Character Slots?
    8 should be enough
    1.Male/Female Blademaster
    2.Male/Female Wizard
    3.Male Untamed
    4.Female Untamed
    5.Male/Female Archer
    6.Male/Female Cleric

And for the new Race/Class
    7.Male/Female Tideborn(whatever 1st Class)
    8.Male/Female Tideborn(whatever 2nd Class)
    So why have more.
    Unless you plan on making both Male or Female Blademaster/Wizard
    or of the Tideborn
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The biggest question I have is...

Will the new classes be able to use the pills (fatbro, pumpkin, monkey king, big head)?

That alone could decide if I play the class or not!

b:laugh
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    8 should be enough
    2.Male/Female Wizard
    3.Male Untamed
    4.Female Untamed
    5.Male/Female Archer
    6.Male/Female Cleric

So why have more.
    or of the Tideborn

Well, there IS the fact that no one knows which sort of builds to go for so there's going to be a lot of experimentation. Remember, we're the first ones to get these guys so it's completely uncharted waters. No pun intended.
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gggame
    gggame Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This Halloween, we don't have the new expansion.
    The last hope is Noel.
  • Viedra - Harshlands
    Viedra - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It would seem you already have most of the questions answered, aside of course from release date. I have a good question regardin Rebirth or GV. There is usually a squad bonus given for having 1 of each of the 6 classes in it, a rainbow squad if you will. what happens to the bonus in regards to the 2 new races, will it still be given if 1 member or 2 in the squad are tideborn?
  • Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver
    Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It would seem you already have most of the questions answered, aside of course from release date. I have a good question regardin Rebirth or GV. There is usually a squad bonus given for having 1 of each of the 6 classes in it, a rainbow squad if you will. what happens to the bonus in regards to the 2 new races, will it still be given if 1 member or 2 in the squad are tideborn?

My guess would be that as long as each member is a different class, the bonus would go through. At least, that's how I'd program it. But that probably won't be a concern for awhile since people have to level that high, for starters, and there will be a lot of experimentation with builds and skills.
    O power that lies at the root of all creation,
    O memory inscribed in ages past,
    Hear my call and arise before me!
  • Json - Heavens Tear
    Json - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will the new classes help us combat Nixs in any way ?
  • Json - Harshlands
    Json - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i mean they are quite hard to beat even low lvl ones sometimes if the new classes do help how will they help e.g freeze the nix or ???
  • XAnonymousx - Heavens Tear
    XAnonymousx - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    is it ok if i put the vid preview i found about them?
  • gggame
    gggame Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009

ok ok ok ok ok ok
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009

lol that vid... its OLD

get with he times =\

ps. stop trolling
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    8 should be enough
    2.Male/Female Wizard
    3.Male Untamed
    4.Female Untamed
    5.Male/Female Archer
    6.Male/Female Cleric

So why have more.
    or of the Tideborn

I have used all my 8 slots: 1-6 one of each regular build of each char, 7-8 experimantal builds that actually are more fun to play then the normal ones.

So yes i have to delete chars i really like to play to test the new classes, and I do nopt believe im alone in using all 8 slots already. b:beatup
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • Morath - Harshlands
    Morath - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    since the tideborn can transform in mermen and marmaids will they be able to do this on land or only be able to transform in water?
  • XAnonymousx - Heavens Tear
    XAnonymousx - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    vid i found is here just click link ^.^
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI1NDc0MzY0.html
    ^^ actual trailer enjoy b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    since the tideborn can transform in mermen and marmaids will they be able to do this on land or only be able to transform in water?

I think you can answer your own question......
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have used all my 8 slots: 1-6 one of each regular build of each char, 7-8 experimantal builds that actually are more fun to play then the normal ones.

So yes i have to delete chars i really like to play to test the new classes, and I do nopt believe im alone in using all 8 slots already. b:beatup

That's what more than one account is for b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ArsnycInLace - Dreamweaver
    ArsnycInLace - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    With the release of the new Expantion is there going to be a Rare water pet or not??b:cute
  • LordMiroku - Dreamweaver
    LordMiroku - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Found a YouTube version of the Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62hRJF2IFV8

cant wait...b:laugh
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    we gotta be getting close to another update its been almost a week QQ
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver
    Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Here's something I just thought about.
    What kind of flying mounts will the Tideborn use?
    A: The Tideborn will use a new set of wings exclusive to their race.

Water wings? b:surrender
    O power that lies at the root of all creation,
    O memory inscribed in ages past,
    Hear my call and arise before me!
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Plz do not let tideborns morph into mermaid/mermen on land D:
    Cuz than they will have feet and look like seamonsters.
    I want a pretty tail not scaly feet b:sad
This discussion has been closed.