Rising Tide Questions [First round of answers posted!]

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:surrender yeah i noticed it didnt make much sense after i posted it ....im kinda sleepy ...mostly i was commenting on him putting down other ppls posts and saying his is most important ... im sure the GMs will answer all of them at some piont
    i really dont like those ppl that act like there so much better then everyone else for one reason or another

Ah, I see. Yes, some people are like that sadly. But ya, they are answering the questions from page 1 to now so it may take a while. Get some sleep^^
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Spankmepls - Dreamweaver
    Spankmepls - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ah, I see. Yes, some people are like that sadly. But ya, they are answering the questions from page 1 to now so it may take a while. Get some sleep^^

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK .......soo uhh ...ill be back in a few hours g'night ...err i mean ...later
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will the level cap increase?
    A: No. The level cap will not increase with the Rising Tide Expansion.

:( well maybe for next expansionb:victory 105 so low lol
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Blackanese - Lost City
    Blackanese - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The rumor is that w/ the new expansion we will NOT be able to upgrade our tt99 green weapons (f/ 12->15) but we WILL be able to upgrade the tt99 gold wpns? Can you confirm/deny this please? The tt99 green wpns if you think about it were much harder to obtain then the tt99 gold pataka (2 gold mats, 10 green mats and NO souledge) so any tom, ****, and harry can have a tt99 gold wpn w/ ease via this event (obtaining 2 gold mats w/ ease). I've been holding off making my tt99 wpn till this expansion came out (due to rumor of refine transfer finally available) but wth is the point if only the people w/ tt99 gold wpns will be able to take full advantage of this? Can any of this please be confirmed/denied please?

Source (it's in Chinese, look under 10.19 for TT100 upgrading and 10.18 for rank equipment's non-upgrading): http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1410264&page=1

The development team in China just stated that they realised that the reason they gave for TT100 weapons not being able to be upgraded ("it's already the strongest weapon in TT") was silly, so they are reconsidering whether to make TT100 weapons upgradeable.

Side note: Because military rank weapons and equipment follow the reputation branch of PW's weaponry/armoury, they will not be upgradeable. It is uncertain whether there will be rank 9 in the future (and I quote from the same post,"we have a plan"), but if there is, it certainly isn't coming in this expansion.

Hope that helped a little. Yeah, I know it isn't the question you asked, but it's a little related lol.
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    so will there be level 100+ monsters with the new expansion ?

There are already level 100+ monsters (madtooth's near bloodjade arena and others i cant remember)

Im intrested in how the new races history will be added to the other races.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Spankmepls - Dreamweaver
    Spankmepls - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol there r lv 110 mobs
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Source (it's in Chinese, look under 10.19 for TT100 upgrading and 10.18 for rank equipment's non-upgrading): http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1410264&page=1

The development team in China just stated that they realised that the reason they gave for TT100 weapons not being able to be upgraded ("it's already the strongest weapon in TT") was silly, so they are reconsidering whether to make TT100 weapons upgradeable.

Side note: Because military rank weapons and equipment follow the reputation branch of PW's weaponry/armoury, they will not be upgradeable. It is uncertain whether there will be rank 9 in the future (and I quote from the same post,"we have a plan"), but if there is, it certainly isn't coming in this expansion.

Hope that helped a little. Yeah, I know it isn't the question you asked, but it's a little related lol.

Seriously we need a confirmation on this before the event is over.
    If only TT99 Gold and Lunar weapons are going to be upgradeable.....They must tell us......so we can all rush to get them Lunar weapons, tokens for gold 99 mats, whatever before it's too late!

No sarcasm in my above statement. It's smarter for you pwi. Inform the masses and we will buy what is needed for the upcoming changes!
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • CrazyNCuddly - Sanctuary
    CrazyNCuddly - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    all i want to know is what weapons the new classes will use and is they will be ranged or melee or some kinda mix of the 2 thanks
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol there r lv 110 mobs

there's level 150 mobs <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    there's level 150 mobs <_<

unless ur refering to lv [?] mobs ..which r basically lv 150 then no there isnt
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    rukhmath wrote: »
    This is a very important question.^
    Rather than all the stupid questions about fashion, wings, mermaids and what not.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    unless ur refering to lv [?] mobs ..which r basically lv 150 then no there isnt

lvl ? mobs are widely accepted as being lvl 150 b:laugh

even pwdatabase shows them as such (it being inaccurate 1/2 the time nonwithstanding)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Unsure if it was asked, will there be a territory map reset?
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Unsure if it was asked, will there be a territory map reset?

i would say... assume not b:chuckle

this gets brought up alot... but i don't think there's ever been GM comment on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • X_Boot_x - Sanctuary
    X_Boot_x - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Uh...6 player limit is going to make Rebirth a touch difficult for everyone.

Sure keeping the limit at 6 isn't just a way to reduce coding? Slackers. b:chuckle
    I gave up healing for more immediate methods.

x_Boot_x
    _WillFire_ ( retired )
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Uh...6 player limit is going to make Rebirth a touch difficult for everyone.

Sure keeping the limit at 6 isn't just a way to reduce coding? Slackers. b:chuckle

Maybe the sensible thing to think will be Rebirth will in future require 6 different classes rather than all 6 there are now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Modease - Lost City
    Modease - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I haven't heard much answers to whether the new class will have new weapons or armor or use the current ones. Anyone know for sure? b:victory
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Maybe the sensible thing to think will be Rebirth will in future require 6 different classes rather than all 6 there are now.

I'm thinking this. Or, maybe a substitution type thing, like switching asses with BMs, or psychics with DDs. But most likely this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What squad-role do the devs envisage the new classes taking? (That is, are they primarily tank, dd, buffer, healer, crowd-control, hybrid, something else?)

The current six classes seem to have the role 'pie' pretty well covered, what sets the new classes apart? Similarly, then, what class features prevent them replacing other classes entirely?

Will their underwater ability just be *speed* or will they, perhaps be able to move sideways as people can on land? Please?

Will there be any underwater areas that are confined spaces? Currently water-fighting is like air fighting, only more annoying due to reduced visibility and hindered movement. Since you've already confirmed no underwater dungeon, this would be the next best thing.

Are there any plans at all to mitigate everyone bringing their 9x mains to the new area and splatting the quests for their new 1x tideborn alts/guildmates-alts? What about the inevitable grief play?

Edit:
    Will there be new low-level quests for the other races to introduce new players to the tideborn? (As there currently are to take them to the other races home-cities).

Which element(s) will these new classes be strongest/weakest against?
  • gggame
    gggame Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    pictures of new weapons of two new classes

1.jpg

ch-y-th--2.jpg

php-c-u-1.jpg

php-c-u-2.jpg
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Nice pics. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    gggame wrote: »
    pictures of new weapons of two new classes

1.jpg

ch-y-th--2.jpg

Lunar Glade gold dagger and TT90 Gold Zerk dagger. I put 1m coins on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    gggame wrote: »

php-c-u-1.jpg

THIS IS TOTALLY MY PSYCHICS ENDGAME WEAPON b:dirty
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh wow! Those weapons look great! Love the blue flame lotus one.

But how do you exactly hold those magical orbs?b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh wow! Those weapons look great! Love the blue flame lotus one.

But how do you exactly hold those magical orbs?b:puzzled

I believe the dude in the pic is holding one ;O

Looks pretty damn flashy! the fists of magic users I would say b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    damn i wanna reroll just to get these weaponsb:pleased

exited to see how the wing design is gonna be. though flying boats would be cool.
  • HoTnReady - Harshlands
    HoTnReady - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Um the first faction to get the city on LC server um.........Conquerorb:surrender But hey one more city we can all wish we could get :P
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Um the first faction to get the city on LC server um.........Conquerorb:surrender But hey one more city we can all wish we could get :P

You forgot to put it in red. b:surrender

Also, I wonder how well they can PK because by the look of these new classes they look like the new best pkers in PW.

P.S: Now Venos and Archers may have a hard time killing these guys in a fair fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would really love to hear about these rumours of Lunar Gear and HH100/99 gear not being able to be refined or being upgraded to lv 15 or what not. Can we get sum clarification on this?

Correction: So rank 8 cant be refined? but lunar glade and 99 gold weapons are level 15? atm? or after patch? if so they are gonna fix this and make em lv 13? or are they going tofix the number and let them remain 15?
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would really love to hear about these rumours of Lunar Gear and HH100/99 gear not being able to be refined or being upgraded to lv 15 or what not. Can we get sum clarification on this?
    If this was true, I would Laugh at everyone that got Heaven Shatterer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
This discussion has been closed.