Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    price cap doesnt mean a thing. people can sell out of AH, where noone can control the price market

true, but if people check AH and there is gold on sale for less than what people are selling out of AH, they'd buy gold from AH right?
    Call me San.
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    true, but if people check AH and there is gold on sale for less than what people are selling out of AH, they'd buy gold from AH right?

true... but if you look at it again, people will stop using the AH. i dont know what might happen. it is a possibility. You may be right though.

but seriously, 999k coins for 1 gold? no one is gona play the game anymore anyway. would u? :P
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009

No one would put gold in AH if they could sell for much higher outside. Would make the AH obsolete. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No one would put gold in AH if they could sell for much higher outside. Would make the AH obsolete. b:surrender

didn't think about that to be honest :/
    Call me San.
  • Thughustler - Sanctuary
    Thughustler - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    umm i did everything u guys told me 2 but i still havnt gotten my mount and i sent in my request about a month ago
  • Thughustler - Sanctuary
    Thughustler - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    help pls b:thanks
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Seems anni packs not going anywhere... no matter how big this thread gets.

Anyway, can't wait till christmas event.

jikdnm.jpg
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    All they care about now is the money there getting since people r quitting and going to different games.

it all started when all the "rare mounts" were sold in a weekend and said they werent gonna release them again... and guess what... a couple months later there they are in the boutique AGAIN. Now its all about the anniv packs. It was a BAD idea to bring them back since its making less wealthy players wanna play less(or quit) since they dont have those elite end game gear.

GG pwi
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    david12345 wrote: »

jikdnm.jpg

LMAO

+1

10characters
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    man, If any thing Im a supporter of this event, I finally got my damn bow after uh... 50$ spent on the damn things rofl. Whatever, Im happy, just please dont bring em back :P. Limited time, should mean limited time. Take a lesson form Gravity interactive, theyve done this whole "OP Box with good items' **** NUMEROUS times, and have lost alot of players and $$.Just a tip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • nasdaqguru
    nasdaqguru Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    man, If any thing Im a supporter of this event, I finally got my damn bow after uh... 50$ spent on the damn things rofl. Whatever, Im happy, just please dont bring em back :P. Limited time, should mean limited time. Take a lesson form Gravity interactive, theyve done this whole "OP Box with good items' **** NUMEROUS times, and have lost alot of players and $$.Just a tip.

If you had a chance to get your weapon easily, why should others after you not also get that chance?

Make the anniversary pack a permanent addition to the cash shop. That's the only fair thing to do.
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Am i right in saying your point is that this event is a coin sink? to make people pay high for coins and drain away their coins?

i wish this was the case too. However i doubt it is true. Pefect tokens of best luck = 5mil injected into game everytime someone won it. And throughout the day i've been seeing more than 20 of such messages = 100mil injected.

And there is no true sink, the money just underwent transfer of hands. However the coins are still there. GOld prices can never go down because people with several hundred millions will care less about paying more for 1 gold.

There is no outflow of coins, only inflow of coins through perfect tokens of luck

True about the gold pricing towards coins, but this is only with the Anni packs. I just have faith that the prices will go down for gold like it did before. I just feel right in saying that. The prices will go down.

However, I'm guessing there will be a Jolly Johns Halloween event so the prices will increase I'm guessing for the angels/scrolls. I suggest stocking up now on the angels.

Well, I was going a bit off-topic. It is also true about people who have dozens of money that will pay a large amount for 1 gold. I admit, I am one to do such, but for good reasons.

I can't tell you my plot.b:cute Just know if the gold continues to soar high, I'll take action myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
    edited October 2009

jikdnm.jpg

+1 again.
    10characters
    edited October 2009
    jokerxdude wrote: »
    True about the gold pricing towards coins, but this is only with the Anni packs. I just have faith that the prices will go down for gold like it did before. I just feel right in saying that. The prices will go down.

However, I'm guessing there will be a Jolly Johns Halloween event so the prices will increase I'm guessing for the angels/scrolls. I suggest stocking up now on the angels.

Well, I was going a bit off-topic. It is also true about people who have dozens of money that will pay a large amount for 1 gold. I admit, I am one to do such, but for good reasons.

I can't tell you my plot.b:cute Just know if the gold continues to soar high, I'll take action myself.

i cant wait to see whats ur plot :) and if its for the good of the server. thumbs up

yea i agree with you, gold prices will go down after this event, definitely. However this is all dependant on the devs/management team of pwi. What if they decide to release new sales like the post on top? we will never know :)
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'll do my best. I'm using these sales as an easy coin grabbers.

I'm gathering enough coin on every server to __________.

I'll post it up on the forums when the deed is done.b:victory

Sanctuary takes the longest.b:cryPK more, people! So I can sell your stuff for the good of the sever. Lol I sound like Robin Hood.

And Lol, David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009

jikdnm.jpg

Rofl +3

Strangely sad how true it is. I think pwi has somehow manged to do things gradually enough so that we don't really realize how bad it is. Or worked up to it well enough
    Only today I had to explain to a guildie returning to the game after quitting during the first anniversary sale that.... well.......

........the sale ended! Buuuut 15 days later they brought it back, by "popular demand". There was a poll that showed 92% disagreed, but that deleted. Oh and gold is 500k+ now. And all the rare fashions and mounts were released and cash shoppers are wearing luner, frost and sharded g11+12 gems. Oh yeh they completely nerfed your genie too. But they took the quest to reset it away, tough luck. Oh and dukes back and spamming like mad. And did I mention the 7 or 8 new bugs that they wont fix? So...uh yeh welcome back. I trust you'll be staying. :D

Seriously. This has all happened over a month or two.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lols warsoul for only $100? surely they can do better than that. i expect like...1 frag to cost 50 gold or something like that >.<
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hmm... The only thing that pondered my mind when I saw the anniversary pack ad in the patcher: "back by popular demand". I mean, really? At least have Duke drown for the month... If I lived September, the same can be done in October. Just do not do it November, December, etc etc please.
    At times like these, I guess I'm just glad that I'm a huge care bear.
    <snipped awesome event comic>
    PURE
    WIN
    And I wouldn't be surprised at all if this becomes reality.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    malixdark wrote: »
    Rofl +3

Strangely sad how true it is. I think pwi has somehow manged to do things gradually enough so that we don't really realize how bad it is. Or worked up to it well enough
    Only today I had to explain to a guildie returning to the game after quitting during the first anniversary sale that.... well.......

........the sale ended! Buuuut 15 days later they brought it back, by "popular demand". There was a poll that showed 92% disagreed, but that deleted. Oh and gold is 500k+ now. And all the rare fashions and mounts were released and cash shoppers are wearing luner, frost and sharded g11+12 gems. Oh yeh they completely nerfed your genie too. But they took the quest to reset it away, tough luck. Oh and dukes back and spamming like mad. And did I mention the 7 or 8 new bugs that they wont fix? So...uh yeh welcome back. I trust you'll be staying. :D

Seriously. This has all happened over a month or two.

You forgot one thing a maintence with no official warnings on most of the servers. They love of so much dont they? :p xD /saracasm

Lol seriously though this event really those make you wonder if they do actually care what it does to the non cash players, and if they do... its very hard to see any love for the free to play players, sure there is events that F2P can participate in, but most of it you have to take the time out of game play to complete/qualify for there offers.

also one more thing domino effect ftl!
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009

jikdnm.jpg

ROFL +10

Laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary
    Mamiko_mao - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's nice, but having it repeated does take away the fun and exclusivity of an 'anniversary' event.

Would work better if it was disguised as another event name, yes? b:laugh
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think the problem isn't people getting stuff without doing anything ingame. They charge zen, they should have a bit of an advantage, right?

The real problem is the price of everything... Tell me, what lvl 40s have 3mil coins to buy a mount? I couldn't save 500k when I was that lvl.

If prices were to drop a bit to the point that you could grind and save money to buy something nice in the end, it would not be so bad. The fact that people have better gear and stuff that I'll probably never get doesn't ruin my gameplay, but having to keep up with absurd prices is getting harder and harder everyday.

It's simply a greed problem... Don't think there's anything dev's or gm's or whatever, could do to fix it... Price cap on gold maybe? They wouldn't do that... Would probably upset the cash shoppers...
    You forgot one thing a maintence with no official warnings on most of the servers. They love of so much dont they? :p xD /saracasm

Lol seriously though this event really those make you wonder if they do actually care what it does to the non cash players, and if they do... its very hard to see any love for the free to play players, sure there is events that F2P can participate in, but most of it you have to take the time out of game play to complete/qualify for there offers.

also one more thing domino effect ftl!
    i thought it was brilliant idea that this game allows all cash items to be tradeable for game cash,it eliminated all those gold spammers web sites involvement in this game and practically ensured that they make money on every player,because we all bought socket stones,dragon orbs or charms,so talk about biting the hand that feeds you,those items are just getting too expensive and it takes more and more grinding to make money to buy them,so keep catering to those big spenders that buy 100's of anniversary packs but how long do you think they'll stay around ? once they have all top items and more game money that they know what to do with,they'll get bored fast and leave to look for actual challenge
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009

jikdnm.jpg

LOL +11!

128775951866998623.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009

jikdnm.jpg

+12.
    seriously this is getting addictive
  • MurderPriest - Harshlands
    MurderPriest - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    +12.
    seriously this is getting addictive

How much did you spend to +12 that picture, hmm? You could've gotten anniversary packs with that cash! >:O
  • Hizora - Harshlands
    Hizora - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I read a bit of this post and this is what I came up with:
    I want pw creators to come and tell me that it is possible to create a free MMO now. Everything in this game is starting to cost real money as you level up, you can't really play without spending at least 8$ USD for your stash lvl 50 and 70. And you better buy some mount or something because you're really going to be slowed down in your quests and everything.
    I'm really sorry but it's not true that you can manage to buy things with only coins or you have to be the leader of the leading guild.
    Conclusion, this IS NOT a free game and it is impossible to create a free MMo
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You can play just fine without the stash at 50, the other one you have to have a hammer to open is 80 and isn't really worth it. A mount you can buy ingame with coins from another player. The game is still just as free as it was a year ago, you just want more boutique items than you used to.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you can't really play without spending at least 8$ USD for your stash lvl 50 and 70.

Oh? I bought Sinister Shooter for about 551k instead of the hammer and I got more DPS out of it as well. Also, I bought the Christmas Tome for 650k instead of buying a hammer. After all, I get an occasional free Mirage Celestone from World Quest.
    And you better buy some mount or something because you're really going to be slowed down in your quests and everything.

I've never owned a mount. Instead of buying a mount, I spent coin on refining my weapon. Well, the shard was about 480,000 at the time (Flawless Garnet) and the +3 was something like 600,000. Oh, and the weapon itself was a lucky 250,000; thanks for that goes to Wizzeled (lol). Also, in the areas where I got quests, I got mobs that could easily kill me, such as the lvl 80 Mothran Dazzlewings. And where I farm I got lvl 90+ mobs that could and have killed me.

Also, I'm running the Wings of Winged Elves, the basic lvl 1 wings, coupled with lvl 10 Flight Mastery, so I got a cheap +2.0 m/s aerogear. The only problem is that the 2.5 and 3.0 m/s wings cost several millions of coins.

But really, the only way to maintain a game as free-to-play would be to spam it with ads and that would pretty much ruin any fantasy game. I mean, who the hell wants to see an Apothecary selling Coca Cola, Pepsi and... I dunno, Dr. Pepper?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I mean, who the hell wants to see an Apothecary selling Coca Cola, Pepsi and... I dunno, Dr. Pepper?

I dunno. Dr. Pepper led Evolution for quite a while...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I dunno. Dr. Pepper led Evolution for quite a while...

I had my first ever half-a-glass of that stuff a while ago and it was ****. This coming from someone who's been drinking sodas for like... 13 years since I was 5-6. God I miss that blue Spiderman one, it was fun.

Oh well, I'm still rather depressed at seeing the occasional person trying to buy a Scroll of Tome for over 100,000,000 coins.

The only really sad things to me are the costs of charms, I liked being charmed.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
This discussion has been closed.