Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The Poll was closed? Unbelievable...
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    coz U (aryasomething) Keep Ignoring Main Topic I Decided To Ask Here..

Time: 8:32 Am
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3072/97833254.png

Xarfox Edits His Post:
    Originally Posted by xarfox
    Please discuss the recent addition of Anniversary Boxes within this thread. Any flaming or non-constructive criticism will result in your post being removed.

EDIT: They have now been taken out but please keep all discussions about this topic to this thread still.

Time 8:40 Am
    http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7259/70583223.png

So The Question Is... Wth Is Going On???

Bump!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    shes, only nonsense is going on :)
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Bump!!!!!!!!!

Beating a dead horse. zzz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • MiksIr - Harshlands
    MiksIr - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Somehow it doesn't seem like good business sense to regularly wipe out the biggest spenders and highest levels, then have them replaced by lower levels that didn't understand the reason for them leaving, only to have them leave when PW does something else similar.

Isn't it a better idea to keep the playerbase? Do the old high levels need to leave for the new high levels to spend money?

Why u thinking that only high lvls is biggest spenders? Lot of new players wanna lvl fast, wanna get nice armor/wep. New venos wanna get nix, etc... - it's more, more money than from TOPs.

And... for new lvl40 player dasn't matter - why few TOPs leave... they not play together, they are not friends. White TOPs are myth (which can be shown only on TW), red TOPs are devils - no reason for love. So why low lvls will be worry about few 90+?...

And, again - most of TOPs who shout on forum 'i leaving' - really not leaving. Other part of TOPs can't really understand - why they leaving... may be because they too greedly to pay? b:chuckle "unbalanced, ruined economic"...
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

By the duke's announcements I can see another 2 week sales record coming.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Old Chinese saying - If the horse dies, get down and walk. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    xarfox's acc was **** GGb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Old Chinese saying - If the horse dies, get down and walk. b:laugh

Old PWI saying- If the horse dies, buy a new one from boutique

wat
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • MiksIr - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Most of us waiting for new expansion pack... but noone wanna think - how hard that work. How many money spended for it.
    So, if vote will be
    - no ann packs, no new race
    - new race, but ann packs too
    ... which will be ur vote?...
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    WTB> Popcorn
    edited October 2009
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »

wat

I lol'd.ggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LeirtA - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »

wat

UH OH! You just gave them an idea for mount sales after this DejaVu pack sale is over. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh, come on. Even the poll thread was closed? What's the justification behind that?

PWE is gonna crash and burn with these kind of business practices. They'll probably release the expansion shortly after the anni-packs come off the market to attract some interest in the game once again. Then once the novelty wears off there will be a max exodus.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why u thinking that only high lvls is biggest spenders? Lot of new players wanna lvl fast, wanna get nice armor/wep. New venos wanna get nix, etc... - it's more, more money than from TOPs.

And... for new lvl40 player dasn't matter - why few TOPs leave... they not play together, they are not friends. White TOPs are myth (which can be shown only on TW), red TOPs are devils - no reason for love. So why low lvls will be worry about few 90+?...

And, again - most of TOPs who shout on forum 'i leaving' - really not leaving. Other part of TOPs can't really understand - why they leaving... may be because they too greedly to pay? b:chuckle "unbalanced, ruined economic"...

Please watch your spelling and grammar, translating this is making my head hurt.

A new player playing a game for a week and charging 100 dollars in zen isn't the same as a player that charges 50 dollars a month, but plays for years.

And you're not listening to what I posted. There doesn't need to be 'room' made for new high levels. There's no limit to how many 90+ you can have on one server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    let's go ahead and not
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Most of us waiting for new expansion pack... but noone wanna think - how hard that work. How many money spended for it.
    So, if vote will be
    - no ann packs, no new race
    - new race, but ann packs too
    ... which will be ur vote?...

I don't think you understand. PWE made PLENTY of money before this. The sales were enough. The first Anniversary Pack event was enough.

Now they have to bring it back again? It's pure greed, you ****ing know it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LeirtA - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    WTB> Popcorn

*Passes Bob a bag of popcorn* Let's share instead. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Still waiting for a heads up on which way we, as players, should feel about those...Anniversary Packs. >_> I know how I feel about Duke...And the packs aren't far off from that...
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Allow me to express my displeasure at the re-release of these packs.

I'm all for celebrating an anniversary of a game, really, I am. I try not to be too cynical about things like this as well, as -le gasp- it is only a game. But re-releasing anniversary packs? Okay, fine, re-release them.

NEXT anniversary.

We only just got those things out the system, and as much fun and games as they were, the anniversary month is over. Re-releasing by popular demand? That doesn't happen all the time in the real world, and if it does, very rarely is it only two weeks after they just disappeared from the shelves as it were. =P

We had only just started to recover from some of the terrible prices these packs caused us during September, we don't need them out again within two weeks when things were just starting to improve. >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't think you understand. PWE made PLENTY of money before this. The sales were enough. The first Anniversary Pack event was enough.

Now they have to bring it back again? It's pure greed, you ****ing know it.

QFFT

I've seen f2p mmo's survive and run perfectly well on a fraction of the player base, less gold inflation, frequently offering free cash shop items via events....and still managing to produce new content on a regular basis.

The forums are now a joke. The front page, not counting stickies, has 6 open threads. The rest consist of 4 locked and closed threads and 10 moved ones. It doesn't take a genius to figure out everything is in chaos and the player base is furious.
  • MiksIr - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Please watch your spelling and grammar, translating this is making my head hurt.
    Sorry, can't. Not so fammilar with english. b:surrender
    A new player playing a game for a week and charging 100 dollars in zen isn't the same as a player that charges 50 dollars a month, but plays for years.
    Hm.. not the same. And which type of players preferred for "Perfect World Ltd." which create this game for earn lot of money? =)
    And you're not listening to what I posted. There doesn't need to be 'room' made for new high levels. There's no limit to how many 90+ you can have on one server.
    But number of players per servers is limited. If this limit will be reached - login to server will failed.
    I think i understand. Really. And i think anyone who have own business understand it too. And if u really interesting - u can start to read financial reports of Perfect World Ltd. http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/index.html
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It doesn't take a genius to figure out everything is in chaos and the player base is furious.

You mean the player base that is opening packs like maniacs and spamming the text box with Duke announcements? I am sure they are furious at the Duke spam as well.

We, the players, gave PW a record month in September, that is how popular the packs were.... If the start of this sale is an indication, PW is looking at another 2 week sale record...

They really should had changed of the packs to Halloween Packs though...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • TraciLords - Lost City
    TraciLords - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Since they don't care much what we are saying here let's express our opinions on facebook too : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Perfect-World-International/21892369737 b:victory

dont bother they are editing that spot too b:chuckle
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Can it be my birthday every month?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

do you come into a game advertised as "F2P" to spend a ton of money to feel 1337? most people don't do that. they come into a F2P game to play a game that's free, and if they like it, they buy something for themselves.

and have you any ideas how much high levels spend on charms, shards, gear, GAs, refines, sockets? do you even know what refines are? you have no idea what goes on at the higher levels and how much some of the more competitive people spend and yet you just insist on spewing nonsense. you think a phoenix costs a lot? people have spent enough money to buy multiple phoenixes just from getting shards.

higher level players spend the most on this game, prove me ****ing wrong
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Can it be my birthday every month?

Happy late b-day mai <_< i forgot what day it was b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hm.. not the same. And which type of players preferred for "Perfect World Ltd." which create this game for earn lot of money? =)

The ones that spend thousands of dollars over a period of time as opposed to the ones that spend one hundred and then quit.
    But number of players per servers is limited. If this limit will be reached - login to server will failed.

The servers aren't even close to being full...are you actually suggesting that they did this with the purpose of making people leave?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmmm...you people are forgetting a few important points.

(1) Money talks. All the people that are buying gold aren't all buying packs. The amount of gold bought went up because of the spend people are buying it. The only reason people are buying gold is because of the packs, now.

(2) PWE doesn't have just one money maker. While it may be Perfect World Entertainment, it has other games, under it's roof. All of which can and will be used to make money.

(3) A large portion of the players can't understand more than a few words of English. It doesn't matter if you scream it, they don't know wtf you are talking about. They can't complain because they can't post anything on the forums. =D It's a win/win, for the company.

(4) Everyone takes orders. Even the GM's and Dev's answer to someone. And that someone doesn't even have to deal with a single player. Let the GM's and Mod's catch the flack. Whatever flack the GM's give the mods never makes it to the top of the gold mountain.

Just some points to think on.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
This discussion has been closed.