Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Let's look from "PW Co" side =) They ALREADY spend that money. And most high lvl players reduce game activity... because next level is sooo far... no need to hurry.
    But new members ready to spent new money.
    How long from 1 to 80? 1-3 months. It's TT60, TT70, TT80... mats, refine, shards...
    How long from 80 to 100?... i think u understand.

So you're asking them to look at the 100 dollars in their pocket instead of the thousands they would receive long term, and drive off the long term players despite the amount they will spend over time?
    People leaving because they are ready to leave. So this is little impulse. May be without ann packs it happens few months later. IMHO.

Say they leave of their own accord a year later. That's a year more of paying PW. This just doesn't make sense, why they would want people to quit. Which is what you're saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why bother guys... there's no point in talking about this. I use to think that we can make a difference on here. But:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=406242

190 pages later...

Yeah, it pays to just not really care about the game and it's creators and only worry about having fun and having nice people to have fun with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thousands and thousands of packs being sold out=popular demand?

Not when its the same 20 people buying the packs.

And thats just on LC server.

Those 20 people aren't a big enough population to warrant "Back By Popular Demand!"

Especially when the rest of the population of the server demand that the packs be removed.

You can't advertise a free to play game, and then cater solely to the players with nearly limitless credit lines.

-edit-

Well, I suppose you can, since you already are. But thats a poor way to run a game that at one time was awarded #1 MMO of the year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lainn - Dreamweaver
    Lainn - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    U guys cannot be serious about all the ranting here. The game and the CS and the auction are one piece. If u want to play this game to the fullest and have fun, u have to PAY. Always has been like that, and always will be like that.

Did any of u, like me, started playing PW on the MY servers before coming here?
    If u did, and if u remember, u should have seen the auction prices go up. Just like it does here. That's how the PW auction works.
    When the game got released, the prices there were very low...
    I dare u to download the MY version (just to see), make a quick character, and go directly to the auction house. I think u will realise that it's not so bad here... If u talk about 1 million there, thats pocket change. That's how much it rose the last years. And it will happen here too.
    That's the nature of this game.

Don't blame the anniversary packs. If they didn't bring those back, it would be something else u ppl would rant about.
    I am fully aware for those who aren't able to pay (or not willing). It's frustrating.
    But simply said, in that case. U shouldn't be playing this game.
    Because u will just get more frustrated...

Only thing I mind about the anniversary packs, is that I rather had something else.
    Jolly Jones however, I loved every minute of that event. b:pleased

And they can continue just as they're doing now, cuz that's the way I always knew the game, and I still love every moment of it.
    (most of the time b:victory)

Oh, and they will not lose players because of it. Again, check out the MY servers, which still is fully populated...

Only ppl who will leave are:

1. those who are bored and need a change.
    2. Non paying players who get frustrated (and that's a minority...)
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I do hope that you will realise anytime soon that we can express our displeasure to you only. And by you I mean the GMs. It is not kind to remove the responsibility off of you and put it on someone else that is invisible to us, like you did in your thread. The old excuse about devs controlling everything is really really old now. And kinda frustrating.

If you want US to make YOUR job easier, bring the devs here and we shall talk to them(if it's their responsibility about today's chaotic situation), since GMs and moderators can do nothing at all.

Oh, and I am really disappointed to see the POLL being closed by aryannamage. Lame if you ask me. Since this topic does not have a poll, that one should remain open.

In all actuality we do have more power to respond with then just posting in these forums. But not wanting to be banned or anything I'm not going to go into it.

I am not happy with this. And I've decided myself to stop spending my hard earned money in-game. From now on no charms no nothing. What I have with me is what I will be playing with. My friends are already asking me to move to other games....its getting tempting....

I ask PWI to give me a reason to stay. I really don't want to go. I like this game. But this stuff is starting to drive me crazy.

Spoons I ask you...why...why........b:sad
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That poll was a bunch of statistics that not only saved page after page to read through, but was also at the end of the day a bunch of evidence that these packs are not wanted.
    Not necessarily. The poll is not evidence that a majority of players do not want them, it's evidence that a majority of FORUM POSTERS do not want them. And I'm willing to bet that more forum users are dissatisfied with the game than otherwise. By and large, people who are perfectly content with the status quo are not coming to the forums to say so; they're busy playing the game. It's purely a matter of human nature that people are far more vocal about things that are wrong than about things that are right. And that's not even taking into account things like people making new accounts to "stuff the ballot box" as it were, or the far more important statistic on the other side of the argument - the sales data for the anniversary packs.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • remorhaz
    remorhaz Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ok so what the hell

Just because a bunch of greedy players are buying us the packs doesn't mean they should be brought back. I dont think what we say to the gms here will make a difference if all these *******s in game keep spam buying the boxes.

Quitting is a bit much, I spent too much time here to quit now, I hope you realise that the more **** you pull on us means we will have very very VERY high expectations for the expansion. I want new armor sets, FBs, Quests, the whole shebang. Prove to us that you put our money to good use before I even think of giving you more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sk8erchad
    sk8erchad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Your probably gonna delete this post forum mod, but just yesterday was the first time I have actually used the forums and felt that i could post my opinion on something i truely felt strongly about, You called it Spam (im referring to the poll about the anniversary packs) In MY opinion it seems you made a mistake I was rather dissapointed that you gave us a link to post in the "official thread" well this thread has no poll so we dont really get to see a percentage of who wants or doesnt want the anniversary packs back without having to read through all the posts. There was NO real point of closing it unless you plan on adding a poll on the official thread, because by "popular demand" we do want a poll the 600+ people that voted have proved that.
  • Ravamia - Heavens Tear
    Ravamia - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I agree. I want a reason to stay in this game.
    And by the way? I was a paying member. I HAVE bought zen and I still hate this event. What about those who do buy zen and still dislike this event? It seems those are being ignored.

Whatever. I don't see anything changing anytime soon and this forum is just a bunch of dribble to the people in charge.

Heaven forbid the company wanting to keep their faithful players happy. Oh wait. Realizing this by a typo I just made, they took the "L" out of players and changed it to payers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    remorhaz wrote: »
    ok so what the hell

Just because a bunch of greedy players are buying us the packs doesn't mean they should be brought back. I dont think what we say to the gms here will make a difference if all these *******s in game keep spam buying the boxes.

Quitting is a bit much, I spent too much time here to quit now, I hope you realise that the more **** you pull on us means we will have very very VERY high expectations for the expansion. I want new armor sets, FBs, Quests, the whole shebang. Prove to us that you put our money to good use before I even think of giving you more!

Do you have any evidence that "only a bunch of greedy players are buying the packs"? If you don't, than don't make acusations and blanket statements. Maybe some of the people buying the packs this time did not have the money to buy them last time, with tuition and books they had to buy in september. Maybe they are very generous and are donating all their items to their friends. Unless you can back up those statements, what you are posting is meaningless.

Want proof that the packages were popular? Look at last month's sale numbers. That is solid evidence of the most popular sale ever in PW history.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thinking this over about the annivers packs isnt really all bad. It certainly has quite a few upsides as well.

The one down side to this I can see is that those willing to spend the out of pocket money to get gold to get packs will certainly drive the price of gold up. But like was stated in an earlier comment gold being at 100k isnt even close to practical. 200-300k for gold? Doesnt sound out of reach to me. Even if it pushes toi 350k and I know its higher someplaces.

Gold price aside how about we thank those who spend the out of pocket money? They get loads of packs and certainly can sell the tokens but with the rares they get can sell those as well. The more of the "rare" that are on server would in theroy lower the value of them??? That seems like a good thing to me. So taking in to consideration the over flow of the tokens and rare items would make it seem the the over all value on those things would come down and possibly some one who would really like one of them can possibly now afford them. I guess I look at this as a plus.

Another thing I was thinking about when it comes to paying for better gear/refineing or what have you. Sure the advantage would go to the person puting forth the out of money but is this truely all that bad??? What if he is the guy or girl next to you in TW? Wouldnt you be really happy about that??? opposite side of that is he/she is accros the battle field from you and sure would kinda be a pain but its not truely there fault that they are willing to spend that money and you arent. Surely this is a F2P game that you "CAN" put forth out of pocket money if you choose to. IMO take it in stride really play the game like you want to play it. If some one is spending money to have all +10 gear and you can barely swing +2 gear its not a huge deal.

You work hard in game it rewards you from what I have seen. You want TT mats?? Do the multiple TT runs and will get them adventually. Want coin?? Go do one man armies get coin from mobs coin from selling drops and coin from the mirage stone frags. IDK, it seems silly to QQ over this when there is plenty of oppertunities for those who wish not to spend money to get farther in the game and progress in terms of lvl and gear.

Yea sry to rant on or ramble on but its just a few thoughts of mine. Take em with a grain of salt really.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    .... lets see the good side guys... we stock up on subs?
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    .... lets see the good side guys... we stock up on subs?

And the factions that have to pay someone to join them can now afford more members! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:sad
    the event came 1week to 2 months too early for the magic hamster~!!
    b:cry
    Me still in the preparation phase of mah evil evil plans~~
    b:surrender

hamster_snake-713064.jpg <--- me next to anniversary event. D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You're feeding people like this:
    2009-10-1314-52-25.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • remorhaz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Do you have any evidence that "only a bunch of greedy players are buying the packs"? If you don't, than don't make acusations and blanket statements. Maybe some of the people buying the packs this time did not have the money to buy them last time, with tuition and books they had to buy in september. Maybe they are very generous and are donating all their items to their friends. Unless you can back up those statements, what you are posting is meaningless.

Want proof that the packages were popular? Look at last month's sale numbers. That is solid evidence of the most popular sale ever in PW history.

I seen a lot of your posts so I know you love to quote people and attack them. LOLUMAD?

just being real about **** here, and generalisations are the easiest way to to it. its not even about the packs, people love spending money, its just that this is it! as far as we know the **** u get from the packs is the endgame armor for good. thats why i said SHOW ME something to prove my money is being put to use! cuz if in a month the big patch comes and the lvl cap goes up and new armor is in the game then thats cool with me! rite now the only thing i'm grinding for can be bought means theres no point in playing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    as far as we know the **** u get from the packs is the endgame armor for good.

I don't understand why people think that? Just like any other major MMO the "endgame stuff" today will be "loljunk" with the next expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lainn - Dreamweaver
    Lainn - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh, and the argument

"Watch the poll and see how many ppl dislike the event"

is applied only to the forum members, and not the entire game population.

So it means nothing. I haven't even voted for it and won't even bother.
    They won't change it because of that small vote.
    THAT would be discriminating.
    For all we know, IF they apply that vote to the whole community (ALL gamers), It could even be so that it backfires on u ppl.
    And even if this little poll wins, they'll just bring out another event, and u guys will rant about that.
    So if they say, why bother, I fully understand that.

Play the game how it's designed and complain about the important things.
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ffs why are we getting these again? it destroyed the economy the first time and now its doing it again!!
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • remorhaz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't understand why people think that? Just like any other major MMO the "endgame stuff" today will be "loljunk" with the next expansion.

thats what i want to hear, but nobodys confirmed that. new race doesnt mean we get more high lv content
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    r u srs? b:cry
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Retailer_a - Sanctuary
    Retailer_a - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Since when does a Games Company actually really listen to its player base, Very rarely!!

And what response can you always expect to get from the Games Moderators, "sorry but nothing we can do about it"

Why do think they always close multiple threads and try get everyone to post in one thread, sorry but it has nothing to do with keeping the forum clean. NO!! its to give the impression there are not as many players complaining as others would think on first looking (hence why they closed the poll, for the poll does give a better indication as to how many of the player base is unhappy).

Any company will always first and formost think of its profit margin above anything else. If profits are on the down, they will do whatever they think will make that profit rise again. The mere fact that it will have an adverse effect on their costomers is of the least importance to them, so blind are they in getting that profit.

There is so much that can be said/written, but in the end, it needs someone to listen/read and take notice and then react to remedy the situation so that the customers will not go elsewhere.

But until that someone is ready to listen and understand that the needs of its customers should always be paramount in in such situations as we find ourselves in at the moment.
  • remorhaz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    r u srs? b:cry

2czr8g7.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    IMO, the purpose of this thread is to keep flames (which are obviously going to outweigh the pros of the sales 100000000:1) down. This thread is not for discussion of the effect of the anniversary packs on the economy of the game, GMs do not even take into consideration our suggestions about events.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • ghostk11
    ghostk11 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just think, for the low price of $400 thats 2 pheonixs or 2 hercs for you venos out there, you can level a player from 30-80 off this event.... Seriously you can. Its actually like $380 in anni. packs but thats provided you dont get a duke message in there. so the other $20 is to hopefulyl compensate for the duke spams....
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh, and the argument

"Watch the poll and see how many ppl dislike the event"

is applied only to the forum members, and not the entire game population.

So it means nothing. I haven't even voted for it and won't even bother.
    They won't change it because of that small vote.
    THAT would be discriminating.
    For all we know, IF they apply that vote to the whole community (ALL gamers), It could even be so that it backfires on u ppl.
    And even if this little poll wins, they'll just bring out another event, and u guys will rant about that.
    So if they say, why bother, I fully understand that.

Play the game how it's designed and complain about the important things.

I'm pretty sure, that a lot of these people posting on this thread, have avatars next to their names. And lot of those avatars, have a little number in the bottom right, and that little number kind of indicates that they actually play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serxerus
    serxerus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    honestly i think it has already done enough damage to the economy last event...it needs a break b:surrender

i know im not forced to buy the anni packs, and i wont...
    but it affects almost the price of everything else and ...ughb:angry

What??? they're back?? I'm sorry but it's ruining the game for people who can't buy out of the cash shop, when you go into arch and see feathers for 8,000k?! what happened to the 3,500??? This is insanity and I think it need to be put to rest and let the economy recover, and so the poor people like myself stand a chance to get stuff. Popular demand? what Popular Demand? people curse these things like they curse aids! >.> put the pet packs back on sale, or I read on the threads and increased drops event, or a double exp again that was nice, but not a economy damaging item such as this. I deal with it real life enough, I don't want to come to my perfect world and find it's not so perfect anymore
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I seen a lot of your posts so I know you love to quote people and attack them. LOLUMAD?

just being real about **** here, and generalisations are the easiest way to to it. its not even about the packs, people love spending money, its just that this is it! as far as we know the **** u get from the packs is the endgame armor for good. thats why i said SHOW ME something to prove my money is being put to use! cuz if in a month the big patch comes and the lvl cap goes up and new armor is in the game then thats cool with me! rite now the only thing i'm grinding for can be bought means theres no point in playing

You see, when one makes generalizations, although it is easier for us to vent our frustation that way, it has no impact with customer service, as they try to convey the problem we are having to management.

So an employee for PWE goes to their boss and says "according to the posters in the forums, only greedy players are buying the packs". Management would say "can you show me that is the case", Customer support guy "no, it is only a generalization, since it is easier".

If we hope to have an impact, we cannot use generalizations, since they will be going against some really hard effidence, and very hard evidence will win.... They know how many people are buying packs, they can even tell you WHO is buying them, we can only throw out generalizations....

Also, the truth is you do not just get end game gear from the packs. You have a very very very small chance to get some almost end-game gear from the packs. Level 85 and 95 gear, gold or not, is not end-game. That gear is at par with the TT99 gold if you really look at it. It has different bonuses than the TT99, so it provides for more options, but it is not overwhelmingly better. Exception to that is the ability to buy the one item to make the TT100 2* orange weapon.

The shards, I think, provide a much more imbalanced advantage, since, as someone calculated before, even if you wanted to make one of the last tier shards, it would take something like 1 month to combine all the shards. On top of that you can get the +10 Vita shards, which can add ALOT to your gear, and, as far as I know, there is no other place where you could get several of them.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You're feeding people like this:
    2009-10-1314-52-25.jpg

+1

return of **** players go pro
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but there have been times where no patch or maintenance has been given and cash shop items being added and removed. IIRC, aren't GMs able to change the cash shop without requiring a patch?

Certainly it would seem that they are *capable* but the game is still the property of the parent company and making a change without authorization is likely to result in firings if not worse, such as a civil suit for lost wages, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.