Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• riddiculus
    riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    holy ****... its on the 46th page alredy!! hahahahaahha.. took me a while just to find the last page of this thread...

I LOL big time at the event .. hahaha.. i quit right after the first one came out but a second time?? the phrase "stab you in the back" should change to "stab you twice in the back" now b:surrender

seriously.. this game is for rich ppl... they will come out with more ways to attract you to buy more zen... you havent seen the worst of it yet...

now im playin a diff game thats just been released (name shall not b mentioned bt i think you know wat i mean)...

but i do like to check on pwi forums cause its just funny sometimes b:laugh
  • Lainn - Dreamweaver
    Lainn - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm pretty sure, that a lot of these people posting on this thread, have avatars next to their names. And lot of those avatars, have a little number in the bottom right, and that little number kind of indicates that they actually play the game.

What kind of argument is that. Ofc players who play [removed] and not PW won't come here to rant, I call it logic b:victory.

And the full sentence was:

Play the game how it's designed and complain about the important things.

Fully known the players who come here, are the ones that complain. But some of those complain about EVERYTHING.

My reason to come here this evening, was because i keep getting dced today, and trying to see if it's me or the game.
    But when i saw this thread, I just had to reply to this nonsense.

First time I come to the forum btw, cuz i don't need it, and neither does the majority of the players in the game. We like the way it's going, unlike some...
  • Bruxie - Harshlands
    Bruxie - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm very happy the anniversary packs are back b:laugh

This way I can exchange $10 for 6mln instead of 3mln coins.

Only problem is I didn't expect them to come back. And if those packs did come back so fast the devs may invent something similar very soon that will raise the price of 1 gold even above 1mln coins.

The bright side is we will have less people with HP charms spoiling pvp.
  • AnbuChris - Sanctuary
    AnbuChris - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    maybe the creators of perfect world are running out of money and they saw how much they made off the anni packs
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    maybe the creators of perfect world are running out of money and they saw how much they made off the anni packs

Look at their financial reports... they are a public traded company... they have a return on investment in the 45% (Most companies are happy with 3%-5%). Their shares went public at $8 dollars and now trade around $40. All their growth happened while the world economy was collapsing (remember all the bailout to the banks and auto industry?), that makes it even more amaizing.

I wished I had gotten in on the shares when they went public....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What kind of argument is that. Ofc players who play [removed] and not PW won't come here to rant, I call it logic b:victory.

And the full sentence was:

Play the game how it's designed and complain about the important things.

Fully known the players who come here, are the ones that complain. But some of those complain about EVERYTHING.

My reason to come here this evening, was because i keep getting dced today, and trying to see if it's me or the game.
    But when i saw this thread, I just had to reply to this nonsense.

First time I come to the forum btw, cuz i don't need it, and neither does the majority of the players in the game. We like the way it's going, unlike some...

How do you know thats how the majority of the players feel? I agree that there are a lot of people who really just don't care. But you can't discredit the players who post to the forums as well. Just because this is the first time you've been to the forums doesn't mean every other player is just like you. I can see that there are some on here that are enjoying the Anniversary packs, and its not just those who are buying thousands of them to get pro gear. Some are just casual cash shoppers who might have gotten lucky.

But from what I have seen on the server, and on the forums, and note this is just my observation, yours can be different. A majority of people are displeased with the return of the anniversary packs. And like I said, thats just my observation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:PWRD

Peak was at $48.5. And.. surprisingly thats near the end of the first period of anniversary packs.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Winterenity - Dreamweaver
    Winterenity - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you did wanted the Anni event back at least make it for a week rather than a month, this is insanely uncalled for.
  • Kyokusa - Sanctuary
    Kyokusa - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You're feeding people like this:
    2009-10-1314-52-25.jpg

+2 this. This event gave birth to wizzeled on sanctuary. By far the most undeservingly arrogant jerkoff our server has ever seen.

"I attacked you with my wallet and you died. Noob."
    edited October 2009
    Options
    +2 this. This event gave birth to wizzeled on sanctuary. By far the most undeservingly arrogant jerkoff our server has ever seen.

Mhm, even though this is a free game, its going to turn out who ever has the most dough to conquer.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

LOLs i do believe wizzeled was making a fool of himself with his wallet wayy before this. it's just that this event happened to have caught him at a higher level so he looks less of a fool refining his ****.

let us not forget about the +7 cloud parting crossbow, or the +7 (or something) TT60; and now, after a long chain of +7 and above weps, he's found the right mark refining the frost bow high and proud (+10?) (of course then he went sage and socketed garnets and maintained that obviously the rest of the archer community didn't know what they were talking about going demon) b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Mhm, even though this is a free game, its going to turn out who ever has the most dough to conquer.

Every game is like that. Just like RL, it all comes down to who has the money.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Every game is like that. Just like RL, it all comes down to who has the money.

No point of it being free then in my opinion.
    I wouldn't mind tht the Anni packs came and went into CS but the fact its up for a month, thats just not right.
  • Lainn - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    How do you know thats how the majority of the players feel? I agree that there are a lot of people who really just don't care. But you can't discredit the players who post to the forums as well. Just because this is the first time you've been to the forums doesn't mean every other player is just like you. I can see that there are some on here that are enjoying the Anniversary packs, and its not just those who are buying thousands of them to get pro gear. Some are just casual cash shoppers who might have gotten lucky.

But from what I have seen on the server, and on the forums, and note this is just my observation, yours can be different. A majority of people are displeased with the return of the anniversary packs. And like I said, thats just my observation.

Oh but I don't like the packs, I don't care about em, but it's not a reason to complain. Don't like it, skip it.
    The prices in the auction haven't gotten anything to do with this directly. If it wasn't the anniversary packs, it was going to be something else, like Jolly Jones. But ppl would still complain about it.

The PW auction is known (here and the MY version) by the longer the game runs, the higher the auction prices go. So whether everyone here likes it or not, is unimportant, because it's going to rise no matter what.

All I'm saying is, play the game how it's designed (free or paying customer) or play smth else.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR

No one wants them. TAKE EM OUT YOU PANSIES!
    edited October 2009
    Options
    No point of it being free then in my opinion.
    I wouldn't mind tht the Anni packs came and went into CS but the fact its up for a month, thats just not right.

Unlike those games by blizzard and that other company, in this game you have the option to not pay. That is where the free part comes in.

If you play one of those other games, you cannot say... "you know, I need to save money this month, I think I will just play and not pay this month". While playing PWI you have that option.

So this game is free to play, since you do not need to pay, however, lots of people choose to pay, in order to not have to grind as much, or in order to have some fashion, etc. People do not need any item in cash shop at all to play this game, they just happen to want them to make life easier or more fun to them.
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    there Was A Poll About Wanting Packs That Has Been Deleted.
    Just So Everyone Knows, The Count Was 500 Against And 50 For Having Them.

What A Great Ratio!
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh but I don't like the packs, I don't care about em, but it's not a reason to complain. Don't like it, skip it.
    The prices in the auction haven't gotten anything to do with this directly. If it wasn't the anniversary packs, it was going to be something else, like Jolly Jones. But ppl would still complain about it.

The PW auction is known (here and the MY version) by the longer the game runs, the higher the auction prices go. So whether everyone here likes it or not, is unimportant, because it's going to rise no matter what.

All I'm saying is, play the game how it's designed (free or paying customer) or play smth else.

Until just recently, the game wasn't designed so that you could get items that normally would take hours in an instance to get, for a dollar. If the players don't say something about things that they believe could really mess up the game, it'd end up a ****storm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR

No one wants them. TAKE EM OUT YOU PANSIES!

LOL...your sig b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Until just recently, the game wasn't designed so that you could get items that normally would take hours in an instance to get, for a dollar. If the players don't say something about things that they believe could really mess up the game, it'd end up a ****storm.

I like your sig. b:chuckle
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    less saying i like your sig more complaining to GM's that anniversary pack is a HORRIBLE idea b:angry
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

i likes ur siggy xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
    edited October 2009
    Options

There were countless posts with people saying that the "grindfest" in PWI would kill the game. There are even more posts about making this game easier, with people asking for auto-target and auto-attack, to people asking for better drops, more mat spawns, faster this or that, etc.

There has been lots of complains about having to work hard in this game, and I do not remember seeing a single post from people thanking PW for having the items and exp be so hard to get and require grind fests. I saw alot of people asking for faster ways to get exp though and money.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Unlike those games by blizzard and that other company, in this game you have the option to not pay. That is where the free part comes in.

If you play one of those other games, you cannot say... "you know, I need to save money this month, I think I will just play and not pay this month". While playing PWI you have that option.

So this game is free to play, since you do not need to pay, however, lots of people choose to pay, in order to not have to grind as much, or in order to have some fashion, etc. People do not need any item in cash shop at all to play this game, they just happen to want them to make life easier or more fun to them.

This part really just doesn't apply nearly as well to pk servers. On a pk server where many times it's kill or be killed, those who do not spend money in the CS are already at a disadvantage to those who do, just on terms of sheer survival. An event like this only continues to increase that distance, sometimes making it impassable. (and no that's not a typo of impossible). Now, to finally relieve us of it only to put it back in 15 days later for no reason other than money, is a slap in the face.

On a pve server it's true, if you don't want to pk. Although it doesn't prevent level 90 players who have been on for a couple weeks from laughing at you for not having full tt90 +7. Those kinds of jostles don't get to me too much, because I've been around a long time. But it really creates an annoying and unfriendly environment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This part really just doesn't apply nearly as well to pk servers. On a pk server where many times it's kill or be killed, those who do not spend money in the CS are already at a disadvantage to those who do, just on terms of sheer survival. An event like this only continues to increase that distance, sometimes making it impassable. (and no that's not a typo of impossible). Now, to finally relieve us of it only to put it back in 15 days later for no reason other than money, is a slap in the face.

On a pve server it's true, if you don't want to pk. Although it doesn't prevent level 90 players who have been on for a couple weeks from laughing at you for not having full tt90 +7. Those kinds of jostles don't get to me too much, because I've been around a long time. But it really creates an annoying and unfriendly environment.

If people sucked at pvp, the whatever gear they got from the packs is not going to save them.... They will still suck. I do not think it makes it impassable, since they will still suck. The bigger issue may be all the high levels that were good to start with and now are even better with the new gear, however, that will be a little less of an issue, since the stuff you get from the packs, except for the shards and the capes, is comparable with TT99 weapons in case of the lunar gear, and TT90 weapons in the case of frost weapons. The rings are comparable to the mold ones you can get from dragon orders. The shards however, specialy the +10 vita ones and the level 12 ones are a different story.

However I can see that not buying angels on a PVP server may be too risky, so "having to buy angels" may actualy be a truer statement when it comes to pvp servers.
  • Lainn - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options

Yes it is, trust me on this one :), I've played the MY version a long time and it's the same here as it was there. And it won't stop.

And it's not good for us paying customers either btw (weird noone mentioned this before)

If we buy for example 20 gold today. Sell it to the auction for 400k each.
    Means we now have 8 million coins. WOW u would say. Indeed.

BUT if we don't spend it quickly (before the next event) that 8 million could be worth 4 million (example). And we would actually have lost 10 gold. (economical view)

HOWEVER, we can get lucky and have it otherwise. But knowing the game all too well for too long, it's mostly the first theory.

U have to make sure u always get rid of the gold u have, and have popular items to sell (buy and sell principle).
    So if the auction prices rise again, u can sell for higher and don't lose money. However, if the items u bought aren't popular enough and u can't get a profit, u lose gold, and gambled wrong.

If u pay in this game, u gamble. U have to make sure u gamble right.
    If non-paying players don't pay, they can't loose, cuz they didn't invest directly.

If non-paying players quit at one time, they won't lose anything, but I will.

(Sorry for the economical view, just how I see the game ;))
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There were countless posts with people saying that the "grindfest" in PWI would kill the game. There are even more posts about making this game easier, with people asking for auto-target and auto-attack, to people asking for better drops, more mat spawns, faster this or that, etc.

There has been lots of complains about having to work hard in this game, and I do not remember seeing a single post from people thanking PW for having the items and exp be so hard to get and require grind fests. I saw alot of people asking for faster ways to get exp though and money.

Thank you PWI for not making the game a freakin' daycare center.

Get rid of anniversary packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If people sucked at pvp, the whatever gear they got from the packs is not going to save them.... They will still suck. I do not think it makes it impassable, since they will still suck. The bigger issue may be all the high levels that were good to start with and now are even better with the new gear, however, that will be a little less of an issue, since the stuff you get from the packs, except for the shards and the capes, is comparable with TT99 weapons in case of the lunar gear, and TT90 weapons in the case of frost weapons. The rings are comparable to the mold ones you can get from dragon orders. The shards however, specialy the +10 vita ones and the level 12 ones are a different story.

However I can see that not buying angels on a PVP server may be too risky, so "having to buy angels" may actualy be a truer statement when it comes to pvp servers.

I've seen this argument so many times, and it is just not true. If say...a barb uses no cash shop, has no charm whatever, but is very skilled at pvp, faces an archer who has a level 95 bow +9 full tt90 +10, filled with diamond of dragon....then only one outcome is available. That archer will shoot that barb 2x maybe 3x (including the metal attack) and the barb will die, end of story. That's not skill.

EDIT: Leaving work and going home, will check back later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes it is, trust me on this one :), I've played the MY version a long time and it's the same here as it was there. And it won't stop.

And it's not good for us paying customers either btw (weird noone mentioned this before)

If we buy for example 20 gold today. Sell it to the auction for 400k each.
    Means we now have 8 million coins. WOW u would say. Indeed.

BUT if we don't spend it quickly (before the next event) that 8 million could be worth 4 million (example). And we would actually have lost 10 gold. (economical view)

HOWEVER, we can get lucky and have it otherwise. But knowing the game all too well for too long, it's mostly the first theory.

U have to make sure u always get rid of the gold u have, and have popular items to sell (buy and sell principle).
    So if the auction prices rise again, u can sell for higher and don't lose money. However, if the items u bought aren't popular enough and u can't get a profit, u lose gold, and gambled wrong.

If u pay in this game, u gamble. U have to make sure u gamble right.
    If non-paying players don't pay, they can't loose, cuz they didn't invest directly.

If non-paying players quit at one time, they won't lose anything, but I will.

(Sorry for the economical view, just how I see the game ;))

Dood. I just want to know that the hours I'm going to spend in HH or FF or CV aren't going to be worth a dollar D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lainn - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Dood. I just want to know that the hours I'm going to spend in HH or FF or CV aren't going to be worth a dollar D:

That made me lol a bit :P
This discussion has been closed.