Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    keep expressing your displeasure in this thread, I appreciate those who have kept it contained to here. b:victory

Everyone else, consider this:
    -We can't read all duplicate and spam topics on days like this, there's just not time.
    -The above is why we ask you to post here, makes it much easier.
    -GMs and moderators do not control sales, so making their jobs harder is not helping anything.
    -Less spam threads needing lock means more time I can compile this feedback and count how many folks are responding here, so it's a win-win situation to post here.

I'm sorry to those who are angered by this sale, but please remember that feedback that is written calmly and without flames is what we need, flames come a dime a dozen and they don't help the situation.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Packs Back = fine, some like and many do not.

BUT

For the love...the Red Text b:surrender <
    This is more the issue imo

Duke is perma KOS b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ravamia - Heavens Tear
    Ravamia - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    keep expressing your displeasure in this thread, I appreciate those who have kept it contained to here. b:victory

-We can't read all duplicate and spam topics on days like this, there's just not time.
    -GMs and moderators do not control sales, so making their jobs harder is not helping anything.
    -Less spam threads needing lock means more time I can compile this feedback and count how many folks are responding here, so it's a win-win situation to post here.

I'm sorry to those who are angered by this sale, but please remember that feedback that is written calmly and without flames is what we need, flames come a dime a dozen and they don't help the situation.

Please give us an explanation spoons. b:surrender What was the purpose of bringing these back? What was PW thinking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Packs Back = fine, some like and many do not.

BUT

For the love...the Red Text b:surrender <
    This is more the issue imo

Duke is perma KOS b:angry

i demand u equip my sig b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    #include <iostream.h>
    #include <conio.h>
    void main( )
    {
    clrscr( );
    int x;
    cout<<"DA BOSS: Should we release the Anniversary Packs again?"<<endl;
    cout<<"Type: 1 for Yes, 0 for No"<<endl;
    cin>>x;
    if(x==1)
    cout<<"YOU GOT RAISE!"<<endl;
    else
    cout<<"YOU FIRED!"<<endl;
    getch( );
    }
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Apologies for the plug, Spoons, but I thought we were looking for a coin sink after the previous events? This is the exact opposite.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i demand u equip my sig b:angry

<
    am rotating b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    <
    am rotating b:cute

who many do u have O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    #include <iostream.h>
    #include <conio.h>
    void main( )
    {
    clrscr( );
    int x;
    cout<<"DA BOSS: Should we release the Anniversary Packs again?"<<endl;
    cout<<"Type: 1 for Yes, 0 for No"<<endl;
    cin>>x;
    if(x==1)
    cout<<"YOU GOT RAISE!"<<endl;
    else
    cout<<"YOU FIRED!"<<endl;
    getch( );
    }

+1

Otherwise, appreciate spoon posted, but it's deja vu, just "post on this thread." Where will the compilation go? :)
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You mean the player base that is opening packs like maniacs and spamming the text box with Duke announcements? I am sure they are furious at the Duke spam as well.

We, the players, gave PW a record month in September, that is how popular the packs were.... If the start of this sale is an indication, PW is looking at another 2 week sale record...

They really should had changed of the packs to Halloween Packs though...

Many people are naturally greedy. Most players are naturally competitive, and naturally want to be the best. If I was one of the players buying these packs yet I didn't agree with them being there, I'm sure my mindset would be "God I am not happy these packs are back, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be the only one left out and gimped for not participating."

This is just my guess/opinion, but it's not impossible for someone to be buying them and still not be happy they are back.

I can say in all certainty though, my name won't be popping up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • AnbuChris - Sanctuary
    AnbuChris - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    instead y dont the GM's put all these items in the cash shop to buy?
  • EdeArai - Heavens Tear
    EdeArai - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I do hope that you will realise anytime soon that we can express our displeasure to you only. And by you I mean the GMs. It is not kind to remove the responsibility off of you and put it on someone else that is invisible to us, like you did in your thread. The old excuse about devs controlling everything is really really old now. And kinda frustrating.

If you want US to make YOUR job easier, bring the devs here and we shall talk to them(if it's their responsibility about today's chaotic situation), since GMs and moderators can do nothing at all.

Oh, and I am really disappointed to see the POLL being closed by aryannamage. Lame if you ask me. Since this topic does not have a poll, that one should remain open.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Maybe but the clearest most easiest to read (would have saved you even reading this thread) thread was shut down.

Cant get anymore easier to read than a Poll indicating wether players wanted these packs back or not.

TBH your choice, read countless posts of players saying they are not happy or having a quick look at a poll result which says the same thing.

So it would be nice (cant see it happening) if that poll was re-opened and also makes it easier for the GM's at a glance to gauge players reaction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    who many do u have O_O

Lol....a few ppl keep making me them b:cute

<3333 It.

On topic ---> Red Text
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I politely PM'ed aryanmage and got the same canned answer that cropped up in other threads.

I understand the frustration of mods & GMs trying to clean up a mess of text, but a poll IS the cleanest and most visible indication of our collective thoughts.
  • Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Wrathfulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I politely PM'ed aryanmage and got the same canned answer that cropped up in other threads.

I understand the frustration of mods & GMs trying to clean up a mess of text, but a poll IS the cleanest and most visible indication of our collective thoughts.

I agree. =_= What's the point of posting a text wall, that will never be read. Get some simple numbers and run with it.
    Good post? d=(^_^)=b
    Bad post? q=(-_-)=p
    Troll post? t(^_^)t
  • MiksIr - Harshlands
    MiksIr - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    do you come into a game advertised as "F2P" to spend a ton of money to feel 1337? most people don't do that. they come into a F2P game to play a game that's free, and if they like it, they buy something for themselves.
    Not, i'm not come to spend a ton of money BUT i'm understand that good game cannot be free. If someone not like disbalance between free players and donators - he go to month fee games. If u come to play to F2P server - u must be ready that donators will have advantage.
    And really - in PW very good balance between free and donate. If compare with some other games.
    and have you any ideas how much high levels spend on charms, shards, gear, GAs, refines, sockets? do you even know what refines are?
    The ones that spend thousands of dollars over a period of time as opposed to the ones that spend one hundred and then quit
    Let's look from "PW Co" side =) They ALREADY spend that money. And most high lvl players reduce game activity... because next level is sooo far... no need to hurry.
    But new members ready to spent new money.
    How long from 1 to 80? 1-3 months. It's TT60, TT70, TT80... mats, refine, shards...
    How long from 80 to 100?... i think u understand.

And one more... how many TOPs in this topic who spend hundreds per month and continue to do it? I saw lot of TOPs in Duke's shout on my server... but noone here. m?...
    The servers aren't even close to being full...are you actually suggesting that they did this with the purpose of making people leave?
    Not really =) But this situation is real - this trouble happens on russian servers (and they have 8 servers).

People leaving because they are ready to leave. So this is little impulse. May be without ann packs it happens few months later. IMHO.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well done PWI for busting up gold prices again and giving players with a bigger wallet than their brains a huge advantage over other players, you deffenatly know how to make this game enjoyable to play for both sides of the community (rich and poor)

*goes to reply in the "when was the last time you thought about quitting" thread*
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I agree. =_= What's the point of posting a text wall, that will never be read. Get some simple numbers and run with it.

your simple 500+ numbers will have to compete with the thousands upon thousands of packs being sold. As you so well said. Numbers talk.

A wall of text can actualy make it look like more people are against than a simple 500 no votes, and we all know that a chunk of those voting are alts.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I missed the poll, actually, which irritates me somewhat.

But and however, that point aside! As many, many players have repeatedly pointed out - a poll isn't just a post or three made by a player who's irritated and annoyed by the actions of game management (please note I'm keeping that vague on purpose) - a poll is an actual bunch of statistics.

If you were to write, say, an essay, or report, on the effect of the anniversary packs being re-released, then you could include as many opinions as you can bare to read. But what really actually makes a difference in such reports is those statistics - the statistics that were so nicely shut down and made to disappear.

GMs, mods, we are all very aware you are not responsible for these packs. Yes, some are blowing their top unnecessarily, but the majority of players here have been quite calm while expressing their opinion and have stated that they understand you do not run the game. But as GMs, and as moderators too, you are the only people we can come to about these sorts of problems - the "upper boundaries" of management are behind a thick steel door with the words "off limits" burned into it a thousand times over to us players.
    Spam threads are unhelpful, I agree.
    That poll was a bunch of statistics that not only saved page after page to read through, but was also at the end of the day a bunch of evidence that these packs are not wanted. Whether they would help in the long run or not, to throw such things aside with the same age-old excuse we are seeing used more often is a dismissal of important opinion, in all honesty, or (and I mean no offence at all, I understand your jobs are not easy and I respect what you have to put up with) the beginnings of the shunning of the responsibility you hold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gnomes - Sanctuary
    Gnomes - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You looking from players side. Which wanna play and free. Not, i'm not come to spend a ton of money BUT i'm understand that good game cannot be free. If someone not like disbalance between free players and donators - he go to month fee games. If u come to play to F2P server - u must be ready that donators will have advantage.
    And really - in PW very good balance between free and donate. If compare with some other games.

Let's look from "PW Co" side =) They ALREADY spend that money. And most high lvl players reduce game activity... because next level is sooo far... no need to hurry.
    How long from 1 to 80? 1-3 months. It's TT60, TT70, TT80... mats, refine, shards...

And one more... how many TOPs in this topic who spend hundreds per month and continue to do it? I saw lot of TOPs in Duke's shout on my server... but noone here. m?...

Not really =) This situation is real - this trouple happens on russian servers, for example (and they hav 8 servers). People leaving because they are ready to leave. So this is little impulse. May be without ann packs it happens few months later. IMHO.

Dev ALT trying to stop the raiding of how dumb it was to put these back in. MAUL IT.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But apparently, it was already calculated by popular numbers that these were 'back by popular demand!'

if you dont like cleaning up the forums when the player base is in an uproar, try coming up with something better than the automated, prepackaged reply of 'we the gms cannot control this or that' 'its all the dev's fault'

Guess what? we cant get ahold of the devs, and we submit tickets, but never get responses 75% of the time, even a few months down the road. what do you suggest we do? organize a march to san francisco and barge through your front doors and bust into your cubicles/offices?

trust me, as much as I would love to see that vision come to life and see the pure panic strewn all over 'the guys to blame's' faces, I dont want to waste another dime on this game, no matter what it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sigh. No double EXP weekends. No Double coin weekends. No double drop weekends. No triple wraith invasion weekends. Just anniversary packs FOR A MONTH. The laughable "Back by popular demand" line. Popular in the PWI office perhapsl "Back because you tolerated it and we made money" is more like it. Why not just go ahead and have PWI slot machines in every town? Put all the gambeling there, and then have events that introduce differant temporary wrinkles.
    I know, "Rebirth alpha works this week" is a good event.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why bother guys... there's no point in talking about this. I use to think that we can make a difference on here. But:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=406242

190 pages later...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Maybe I'm mistaken, but there have been times where no patch or maintenance has been given and cash shop items being added and removed. IIRC, aren't GMs able to change the cash shop without requiring a patch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lainn - Dreamweaver
    Lainn - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    DELETED see the next page, don't see the delete button and if i do i'll delete it :p
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The packs are making Duke run his damn mouth again. I thought you Gm's already fixed that, what happened?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Not, i'm not come to spend a ton of money BUT i'm understand that good game cannot be free. If someone not like disbalance between free players and donators - he go to month fee games. If u come to play to F2P server - u must be ready that donators will have advantage.

Not really =) But this situation is real - this trouble happens on russian servers (and they have 8 servers).

People leaving because they are ready to leave. So this is little impulse. May be without ann packs it happens few months later. IMHO.

you suggest that the new members would spend a ****load of $$ to heavily refine their gear only to have to do it again a lot sooner because they level fasterrrr? thus they spend more because they change gear more...right? you know what? NO! you don't get many of those around because most people are not R - E - T - A - R - D - S. do you have any idea how much it costs in real $$ to refine something to higher levels? just by straight buying gold? any ****ing idea?? of course, everyone here is ready to refine their TT60 to +10 sharded with perfects wooohooooooo

frankly, if someone just spends $200 bucks to refine +8, then they've spent more than a p2p player spent in a year, now think of the ppl with lategame gear that refine their **** to +11, how much money is that? does it still matter how long their gear lasts in terms of game profits? and what about charms, GAs, what about those? that is steady income as long as players pvp, much much more than what they'd spend in a p2p game by far. and even on pve servers, as higher levels take longer to level up, a LOT of them start pking. if a high lvl is made to stay, he/she generates much more income than some lowbie unless said lowbie is a **** that pisses money but then, it can be reasoned that said lowbie would become an even bigger spender at higher levels and just have money diarrhea out.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
This discussion has been closed.