PVP in SP

Options
Msmunholy - Lost City
Msmunholy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
so were on a pvp server and u cant pvp in a non safe zone... hmmm.

If its bannable to pk in there y cant u use a PVE code and make it so you plain out cant kill in there.

i understand that it is a hassle for low lvls tryin to get stuff done but if were on a pvp server and not in safe zone y the hell cant peps drop who ever they want.

so i say make it a PVE area or lift the rule for bannin in there.

who agrees with me?
Post edited by Msmunholy - Lost City on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    pvp in sp is bannable? is this just on LC or something?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Both LC/HL...it's called "Griefing." Seeing as basically you're let's say, keeping 6-8 people from a faction you hate in SZ...and lowbies aka: level 30s come by running passed you, you're just so tempted to kill them. So therefore, BAM! You're banned 'cause you're stopping them from questing.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    No.

A pvp server isn't a no rules server. Camping in sp was banned because it went from simple pk parties...to picking on 3x for the laugh....to picking on 3x doing quests for the laugh.... to disrupting 3x quests in any way possible for the laugh.... to simply taking pleasure in making that poor 3x's life as thoroughly miserable as possible. Players are human beings and unfortunately some people take things too far. This is evident from such happenings as extreme verbal abuse, bullying and high levels putting tolls on low level quest areas/blocking them off.

The reason pve is called "carebear" is because pvp is basically seen by some as an area where you can be ruthless and follow no rules and do what the heck you like. Not the case.

If you have a pk party in sp with a few buddies or you casually engage in the odd pk fight with a passerby or two in there you will not get banned. The only thing you will get banned for is harassing low levels. I don't see what the problem is here. Just don't do it. It shouldn't affect your gaming experience in any way possible unless you're a bullying jerk who get's annoyed at rules put in place preventing you from having "fun" at others expense.
    level 30s come by running passed you, you're just so tempted to kill them. So therefore, BAM! You're banned 'cause you're stopping them from questing

No, you wont get banned. If you stood in the path and waiting on those lv30s and pk'd them every single time they tried to get through completely blocking the route to their quest repeatedly, you'd get banned.

I don't see why it's so tempting. Kinda seems like pve'ing lv1 livestock in villages and towns or quingfu. I'd rarely do that more than the odd single kill for fun, because quite frankly I'd be embarrassed to be seen by others my level bashing away on weaklings. It'd make me look horribly weak and like a nub who's trying to play pretend he's pro.
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Whats next? NO PKING AT TUSK AND NO PKING AT SWAMPS! YOU ARE GRIEVING THE LVL 60S!
    But pking is just too funny!
    Somebody on HL got butthurt after getting pked and started saying he was going to sue the pkers for not letting him quest! A GM even had to show up at swamps that day.. It was hilarious..
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I do not think anyone has ever been banned for killing someone once, or twice. But if you keep killing people over and over and over and over and over and over, you are just keeping them from playing which seems to be against the rules. And this has nothing to do with where you are.

Also, just so you know: if do not get "pk credit" (for the top 50 ranking list) when you kill people multiple times, nor even for the first time if you have 30+ levels on them.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    No, you wont get banned. If you stood in the path and waiting on those lv30s and pk'd them every single time they tried to get through completely blocking the route to their quest repeatedly, you'd get banned.

I don't see why it's so tempting. Kinda seems like pve'ing lv1 livestock in villages and towns or quingfu. I'd rarely do that more than the odd single kill for fun, because quite frankly I'd be embarrassed to be seen by others my level bashing away on weaklings. It'd make me look horribly weak and like a nub who's trying to play pretend he's pro.

You're on Sanctuary, how exactly would you know? I've been banned for standing next to someone who was just killing a few level 30s. Care to elaborate?
  • Msmunholy - Lost City
    Msmunholy - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    well i thought i herd that peps got banned for having a battle in there. not kill the lvl 30's that ran past ( maby a few in an aoe...) but the higher lvls that were in there. so if ur cruzin through and u see someone red or a person that u dont like and drop em its ok? if that is true then NM, but like i said i herd that ALL PVP not campn and killin lvl30's (whitch i agree is not too coo, and needs to be regulated so that peps can enjoy the game) was bannable.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    While back people were making fun when I said that if peeps keep complaining about pking on a pvp server that sooner or later the PVP servers will start looking like PVE servers, when it comes to PKing.

This is the first step towards that. Next will be to start banning people that PK in Heaven's Tears (not sure why this one was not the first to get the "no pking here"), and the list will grow from there.

Soon, like in another MMO I used to play, you will have to ask the other person for permission before PKing them, or they can report you.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    well i thought i herd that peps got banned for having a battle in there. not kill the lvl 30's that ran past ( maby a few in an aoe...) but the higher lvls that were in there. so if ur cruzin through and u see someone red or a person that u dont like and drop em its ok? if that is true then NM, but like i said i herd that ALL PVP not campn and killin lvl30's (whitch i agree is not too coo, and needs to be regulated so that peps can enjoy the game) was bannable.

Several people have been banned for pk'ing there. Small and large groups.

Just best not to go in there to begin with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • bawksy
    edited October 2009
    Options

They also did this on wq 29, and pking is acceptable there.
    inb4 Alexeno

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »
    This? http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9894/lolh.jpg
    lvl 70+ can actually get away/ have brains to realise that we can come back at a later time.
    Quit.
  • bawksy
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lvl 70+ can actually get away/ have brains to realise that we can come back at a later time.

dejavu and angerr are there.. No way in hell a lvl 70 will get away
    inb4 Alexeno

• Saveless - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options

Just like you can go to SP at another time, amirite?
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dejavu and angerr are there.. No way in hell a lvl 70 will get away
    Indeed they can. ( i did b:cute)
    Just like you can go to SP at another time, amirite?

Indeed you can, just grind some mobs for a an hour or twob:bye
    Quit.
  • bawksy
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Indeed they can. ( i did b:cute)

Indeed you can, just grind some mobs for a an hour or twob:bye

SS or it didn't happen b:chuckle

but meh.. grinding isn't bad.. everyone did it back when the server started.. There are people who only do their FBs and leave other quests behind, and they seem to lvl faster than the questers.
    inb4 Alexeno

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    SS or it didn't happen b:chuckle

but meh.. grinding isn't bad.. everyone did it back when the server started.. There are people who only do their FBs and leave other quests behind, and they seem to lvl faster than the questers.
    Sutra > town portal b:cute or tele stones b:bye.
    Quit.
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I do not think anyone has ever been banned for killing someone once, or twice. But if you keep killing people over and over and over and over and over and over, you are just keeping them from playing which seems to be against the rules. And this has nothing to do with where you are.

Also, just so you know: if do not get "pk credit" (for the top 50 ranking list) when you kill people multiple times, nor even for the first time if you have 30+ levels on them.

Correction. I got banned for stepping into SP for 5 minutes. Wasnt disturbing anyone and wasnt pking anyone. Didnt even have red name hours and lowbies and others were going by just fine. Yes, im not joking, i was banned for spending 5 minutes in SP. After the day ban was lifted and i filled numerous tickets, one of the gm's through live chat apologized. It was a mistake but then again, that shows the lack of attention on PWE's part and how the manage things. I wasnt compensated for the troubles and had a day wasted just because PKing (apparently standing there too) is bannable in PVP servers inside SP.
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think it is ridiculous.
    I always hate it when there are PKers in there, as I remember what a hard time I had as a 3x. Truth be told though, I was always able to come back later, use the teleport stone, or await some other high level players to come and rid the place of the menace.

Thats what I do now, or atleast used to do.
    I would come into SP with my director and marshals and we would kill any red name in there harassing people.

That being said, PWE's new rule is not properly displayed anywhere, and being banned for PKing there is absoloutely ludicrous.
    The game allows us to.
    It is a PvP server.
    The rule is not even properly defined, let alone displayed.

It's a slippery slope. This rule can't even BE implemented properly without the "need" for it to be put into place in infinitely more areas.

I think that somebody made an honest mistake creating this rule, and that it needs to be removed.
    If you can't take the heat, go to PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    A pvp server isn't a no rules server. Camping in sp was banned because it went from simple pk parties...to picking on 3x for the laugh....to picking on 3x doing quests for the laugh.... to disrupting 3x quests in any way possible for the laugh.... to simply taking pleasure in making that poor 3x's life as thoroughly miserable as possible. Players are human beings and unfortunately some people take things too far. This is evident from such happenings as extreme verbal abuse, bullying and high levels putting tolls on low level quest areas/blocking them off.

Ok Mr. PvE server.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    why even the need 2 pk on sp is this the only place 2 go pk i would say no
    oooh and u cant pk lowlies buu huu its sad that lv90 gota pick on 3x to get any one killed srry but then ur a fail this about pk on sp is so ****
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    why even the need 2 pk on sp is this the only place 2 go pk i would say no
    oooh and u cant pk lowlies buu huu its sad that lv90 gota pick on 3x to get any one killed srry but then ur a fail this about pk on sp is so ****

-_- People PK there because it is an inclosed space with no Nix's, no flight, etc. and a single entrance to watch. You dont have to worry about the mobs because they are low level and it's relatively near Archosaur the economic center of the game. It is incredibly convenient, and we meet up with other high level people there. It's not always about killing lowbies. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceFalls - Sanctuary
    IceFalls - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    -_- People PK there because it is an inclosed space with no Nix's, no flight, etc. and a single entrance to watch. You dont have to worry about the mobs because they are low level and it's relatively near Archosaur the economic center of the game. It is incredibly convenient, and we meet up with other high level people there. It's not always about killing lowbies. Sorry to burst your bubble.

If you want to follow that path, PK in Nightscream. Only one entrance, and the Starting area doesnt have mobs. I dont think Nixs can be summoned either.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you want to follow that path, PK in Nightscream. Only one entrance, and the Starting area doesnt have mobs. I dont think Nixs can be summoned either.

The starting area is a safe zone, people come there to do Zhen partys and its rude to attack them there. It's way off in the corner and assuming I did want to fight there, people can run in any direction from the entrance. There is no specific place to sit.

High levels that come to secret passage are accustomed to it being the place to be if you are bored and want to fight. It's much like west gate. No nix's or flight though.

Anyway.
    What I said there was not my argument for why this rule was ridiculous. It was merely my rebuttle to the "NoPKLowbiesUFail!" post. To see my reasons why I am against this rule, scroll back to my post I made before the one you quoted.

EDIT: Also I don't really see PvE players as having a productive opinion in this matter, regardless of what that opinion is. It doesn't affect them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well...Ppl on pve servers pk @ SP too, for the same reasons ppl on a pvp server pk there. The only difference is that actually low lvls on a pve server CAN go blue name and do their quests.

Now IMAGINE the frustration of pkers when ppl QQ on a PvE server about PKing there..i mean WTF?! Just go blue name and do your fckn quests! b:angry

So i CANT imagine enforcing a NO PK rule at SP on PvE servers since if low lvls get killed there its ABSOLUTELY their fault!

/end rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RobertMX - Lost City
    RobertMX - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    msm ure not rpk'ing noobs are u?b:thanks
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    -_- People PK there because it is an inclosed space with no Nix's, no flight, etc. and a single entrance to watch.

Can you PK in Cave of Sadistic Glee ?, if so there ya go then... oohh wait you might bump into lvl 8x and 9x questing there and get ya asses handed to you.Much safer to Pk in lvl 30's area.. Pfft PvP carebears hiding in SP b:chuckle
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    SP is the best for the lazy ppl who dont reali want to do anything. And i mean if u guys on PvP servers didnt harass low lvls all the time this wouldnt have been a problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Reminds me of someone's signature floating around here.

"PK responsibly. Kill anything that moves."

What I want to know is this. Is this just a PWE move, or do other versions of Perfect World enforce a "No PK in a certain areas" as well. Because from what I understand, there are NO PvE servers in those versions, meaning that you have no choice but to roll PvP there.

I'll flat out admit it. I've killed lowbies. Even though I'm on a "Carebear" server, I LOVE PvP. I'm only here, instead of Lost City, like I would prefer, because I have friends that don't do PvP, and since they're the ones that introduced me to the game, I'm sticking with them. If you go PK mode on a PvE server. you're fair game. I don't care if you're a 10x, or 3x. You knew the rules. By that same token, if you roll a PvP server, you also knew the rules. It's stupid to whine about being killed when you knew damned good and well that it was a very large possibility. Don't want to die? Roll PvE. But I'll warn you right now. Pick Sanctuary, and go White? Hope you don't find me. Because I'm no Carebear. And I enjoy killing people, no matter what their level. I took on an 8x cleric last night. As well as a 7x BM, and two 5x Venos who were chilling around the Silver Pool. I must give props to that cleric, though. Most respectful PKer I've had the fortune of fighting. Kudos to you, good sir.

Do I PK in SP? No. Why? Because it seems kinda weak to me. I'd rather fight the groups out in the open, where you can do everything possible to win. Do I frown down on those who do? Hell no. You guys want to avoid Nix Death, go for it. Have fun. Enjoy yourselves. Kill each other, kill some passerbys, have a big battle between yourself, and another group, it doesn't matter. PvP is one of the most enjoyable rushes in this game. You don't get a rush from killing mobs, you don't get a rush from most bosses. But fighting another player, letting the bloodlust take over... That's a thrill, right there. And making it banable in one of the best spots in the game? That's a fail, right there. Find another solution.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But I'll warn you right now. Pick Sanctuary, and go White? Hope you don't find me. Because I'm no Carebear. And I enjoy killing people, no matter what their level. I took on an 8x cleric last night. As well as a 7x BM, and two 5x Venos who were chilling around the Silver Pool.

Okay then I'll stay away from you b:chuckle

Now on-topic, I dont really see where's the fun in harassing people who can't defend themselves, I mean do you see the fun in taking a lollipop from a baby?
    I don't. But again that's not my problem. Just my 2cents b:bye
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
This discussion has been closed.