PVP in SP

Options

Comments

• HealHamsta - Lost City
    HealHamsta - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Is it really interrupting the gameplay for a person if you kill them once or twice?
    Dying is part of the game.
    Thats why theres the cleric skill revive.
    b:laugh

Granted killing them 50+ times is obviously gameplay interruption.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

*sigh* b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Is it really interrupting the gameplay for a person if you kill them once or twice?

Granted killing them 50+ times is obviously gameplay interruption.

If you were not planning on getting killed, they have interrupted YOUR game play.....

Killing somoene 50 times, assuming you were chasing that player is actualy harrassement, which is a different offense.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you were not planning on getting killed, they have interrupted YOUR game play.....

Killing somoene 50 times, assuming you were chasing that player is actualy harrassement, which is a different offense.

now marry me <3
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    now marry me <3

We would need to start a all new thread about marriages......
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You have answered that yourself with your replies to my comment.
    Actually, no, not really. I don't really quite know the games that you have played that differs with the PvP system here and such... So, can't answer myself that really...
    How do you define interrupt game play? As i said, if you do something that stops what I was doing (like killing me), you are interrupting my game play, which means, I can submit a ticket. Harrassement is a different line item on the TOS, and it may or may not be applicable at the same time as interrupted game play.
    Interrupting gameplay is part of PKing as I had clearly mentioned before. Instead, I used the term Blockading which is a far clearer term for the results from grieving. And no, one or two pks by the same person is hardly anything worth to submit a ticket about. I mentioned that in my replies. Harassment, which I did not mention, is something indeed completely different. But to answer what I think you are asking right now, I copy and paste what I had posted.

"PKing doesn't interrupt normal game play if it is done once or twice. Because face it. It hardly is a bump if you get killed, go back and fight again. But Griefing which is the main subject of this thread is a complete blockade to normal gameplay. There's a huge difference to your claims."
    This will apply if a high level kills low level players once or fifty times, same if the pking between 2 high level players. As long as one was caught of guard, and the pvp engagement was not schedulled in advance, one party can claim that the pking is interrupting his normal game play.
    It's only 'interrupting' normal gameplay if and only if the acts are committed within a crucial area of a quest like the SP. But then again, I'm having a hard time grasping your flow of thoughts here, so I'll go ahead and skip to the last thing you have said.
    An interruption/blockading of the normal gameplay applies to camping. Camping is not when someone drops in, kills you once, you return and he's gone. That's not something to ticket about. But if you're talking about whiners who abuse the ticketing system, then that's all on the player. Not on the game.
    In one game I played, the "game interruption" force players to have to ask the other party if they would mind if they attacked them before pking.....

Most pvp based games I have played, that have used the "interrupted game play" have had to changed the wording and no longer use that, instead they use the harrassement violation. Usualy to for an harrasement violation to be acted on, the offending player would have to have chased you around the map killing you.
    Well then, I don't see PW going down that road because that's what the PvE servers are functioning as right now. That's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The bigger question is, if it's not to interrupt game play, why would anyone repeatedly PK someone 20 levels(or more) lower than themselves?

Because they're there? Or maybe they're testing out their combos. Trying to see how large they can get their crits?

I kid. I don't see the point in CAMPING lowbies. But blasting them if you're passing by? Why not? Either way, thanks for the clarification on the SP thing, Spoons.

But, like some have said, don't turn this into another game, where you could get banned just by PKing people... That was a horribly stupid move on their part...

I do just have one small question. What if, after you've killed someone, they keep trying to fight you again, and again, and again, forcing you to kill them again, and again, and again? Who would be at fault in such a situation?
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Then everyone could just accuse everyone else for interrupting their gameplay.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I do just have one small question. What if, after you've killed someone, they keep trying to fight you again, and again, and again, forcing you to kill them again, and again, and again? Who would be at fault in such a situation?

It would seem like in any screenshots they sent, the GMs would be able to see that the other player was pink. And if you're that high level, they wouldn't be able to get a shot in before you killed them.

Damage logs would also show what happened, and GMs can look into that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Eh, we can solve this with a suicide button.

At least it gives lowbies a choice. Fight back and die, run and die, or kill yourself and not give the PKer any satisfaction of a PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    We would need to start a all new thread about marriages......

pm me in game and we will find solution :D
  • HealHamsta - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

Then everyone could just accuse everyone else for interrupting their gameplay.

oh mah gawd the level 55 mob (named jewelscalen mayhaps?) i needed for my quest totally killed me again and again and again and again and I dropped an item. I was so not planning on that BAN THE COMPUTER CONTROLLED MONSTER IT RUINED MAH GAMEPLAY~~!
    b:surrender
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    oh mah gawd the level 55 mob (named jewelscalen mayhaps?) i needed for my quest totally killed me again and again and again and again and I dropped an item. I was so not planning on that BAN THE COMPUTER CONTROLLED MONSTER IT RUINED MAH GAMEPLAY
    b:surrender

I would of slightly "giggled", but a few things wrong with that:

1. I said everyone could accuse everyone else, not everyone could accuse things.

2. Can't drop items to mobs.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    FALSE saveless >.>

u CAN drop items to mobs >.>

its rare tho but u can ...............

had to correct u b:giggle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

1. I said everyone could accuse everyone else, not everyone could accuse things.

Thought Belle dropped XS to bats?
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    Options
    blue/white names has a 1% chance to drop any item in their inventory upon death. by player or by monster.
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    bawksy wrote: »
    Thought Belle dropped XS to bats?

No, some BR faction got it.

And 1%? 'kay, regardless.....NEVER really hear from anyone that drops to mobs.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    No, some BR faction got it.

And 1%? 'kay, regardless.....NEVER really hear from anyone that drops to mobs.

I did... I was soloing FB59 a while back, and ended up pulling wrong... I only dropped some DQ item, thankfully... I would have raged if I ended up losing some of my gear...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I did... I was soloing FB59 a while back, and ended up pulling wrong... I only dropped some DQ item, thankfully... I would have raged if I ended up losing some of my gear...

You can't drop your equipment according to this guide.

Granted, if you had to change weapons or armor for some reason, it would be bad if the gear in your inventory dropped. I wonder if it's possible to drop Guardian Scrolls...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    'cause you get tired/bored watching your enemy stay in SZ. Then you watch this little low level stroll on by and then you think "Oh hey, I'll 1 shot you since you think you can just walk on by and think you're safe." It happens when pk is completely dead.

Oh and for that, yeah....a lot do tend to do that. But, there are quite a bit of cases where it has actually happened to being banned for no apparent reason.

yes that is happening more and more. i used to think that people were lying when they said they didnt know why they were banned. now i know from personal experience that they most likely really didnt know.

why would someone pk on a pk server? and a lower level too. that is just outrageous. even worse is Saveless standing next to someone doing it. you jerk! someone ought to spank you for that! b:heart
    seriously though, if GM's dont want people to pk lower levels then i think it would only be fair to give players a warning before starting to enforce that. HL used to be fun until people started getting in trouble for PvP ing. of course getting pk d interupts your game play. duh. and yes getting camped just sucks but that is what a PVP server is all about. how can you have a KOS on another faction if you are not allowed to "camp" them? that is sort of the point. pk them until they drop tag.

this entire senario reminds me of when people decided that all kids needed to be winners in sports games. cause the losers would get their lil feelings hurt.
    the good Starr
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options

Granted, if you had to change weapons or armor for some reason, it would be bad if the gear in your inventory dropped. I wonder if it's possible to drop Guardian Scrolls...?

I have two sets of gear on me. One LA, and one AA. Which means one is always in the bottom part of my inventory. And, as far as I know, GS counts as an item, and can be dropped. Someone was complaining about dropping one in PK mode, along with a whole bunch of other stuff. That's why I always carry more than one with me...
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yes that is happening more and more. i used to think that people were lying when they said they didnt know why they were banned. now i know from personal experience that they most likely really didnt know.

why would someone pk on a pk server? and a lower level too. that is just outrageous. even worse is Saveless standing next to someone doing it. you jerk! someone ought to spank you for that! b:heart
    seriously though, if GM's dont want people to pk lower levels then i think it would only be fair to give players a warning before starting to enforce that. HL used to be fun until people started getting in trouble for PvP ing. of course getting pk d interupts your game play. duh. and yes getting camped just sucks but that is what a PVP server is all about. how can you have a KOS on another faction if you are not allowed to "camp" them? that is sort of the point. pk them until they drop tag.

this entire senario reminds me of when people decided that all kids needed to be winners in sports games. cause the losers would get their lil feelings hurt.

QFT! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HealHamsta - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

hmm I got a better mob example.
    ZMOG LUMINOC ARCHITECT IS PURPOSEFULLY RUINING MAH GAMEPLAY! HE KEEPS KILLING ME~! QQ I NEED HIM FOR MAH LEVEL 59 ULTIES AND MAH SPIRITUAL CULTI~~ AND HE STOLE ALL THE ITEMS IN MY INVENTORY AND RUINED ALL MY EQUIPMENT!!

LUMINOC ARCHITECT!!! b:cryb:cry
    you-make-bunny-cry.jpg

lol whats up with this "all kids need to be winners" bullocks.
    The losers have to know they're doing something wrong and will be more likely to change for the better when told so.

Good job Billy! You managed to single-handledly manage to ruin the game for everyone. But thats ok you're still a winner~!
    yeaa.... pretty sure Billy is going to stay dumb and ignorant after being told that.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lol The game is full of so many high level noobs... pfft I blame the oracles.

If you are carrying GS YOU CANNOT drop items, thats the whole point of them

*shakes head*
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options

If you are carrying GS YOU CANNOT drop items, thats the whole point of them

*shakes head*

Wrong. If you are carrying ONE GS, you can drop that GS, as well as anything else when you die.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wrong. If you are carrying ONE GS, you can drop that GS, as well as anything else when you die.

If you are carrying 1 GS it is used up saving your items, like its supposed to
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

Please keep on topic people. I would thuroughly appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HealHamsta - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

whut?
    then whats the whole pont of carrying GS?
    and lol dang I just realized how much risk I put myself the last time I went red.
    Holy sheet %50 to drop an equipped item?
    b:shocked

The BH party i was in killed me 3 times for fun and I dropped nothing.
    Must be me noob power.
    (>.<)'
    b:bye

(I went red for a goood reason: a 40+ cleric wanted a res from my friend who wasn't willing to res him but I convinced her to so she did. But he didn't say thanks or anything just went on questing. Which upset my friend and me a bit. So I struck him down where he stood (errr didn't expect one sand storm to 1 hit K.O a level 40+ cleric) (i was level 66 at the time)
    DX
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

I've never used an oracle, thank you. I just don't PvP, and when I do it's against rednames so I don't bother with a GS in that case.

Rude reply wasn't needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So I dislike the ruling about secret passage and think that it is contradictory to the point of having a PvP server.

b:shocked <--- Attempts to get it back on topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.