PVP in SP

Options
1235»

Comments

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you are carrying 1 GS it is used up saving your items, like its supposed to

It is an extremely, extremely rare case to drop a GS, but it does happen. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Please keep on topic people. I would thuroughly appreciate it.

We are on topic. The topic involves PvP. People use GS during PvP, which means that dropping your GSs while engaged in PvP would still fall under the topic, which involves PvP. Your post, however, is minimodding. Which IS off topic.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if it exist in pwi, but I know I've seen people drop their guardian angels, as well as some of their items along with them.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It is an extremely, extremely rare case to drop a GS, but it does happen. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

We are on topic. The topic involves PvP. People use GS during PvP, which means that dropping your GSs while engaged in PvP would still fall under the topic, which involves PvP. Your post, however, is minimodding. Which IS off topic.

This thread is about PvPing being a bannable offense in secret passage and possibly other areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This thread is about PvPing being a bannable offense in secret passage and possibly other areas.

Which Spoons has answered, and clarified to the best of his ability. Topics evolve, and drift. We've all stated our opinions on the OP's post, and since Spoons has clarified, we are covering the other questions which have been asked during conversation. That's all.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

If that is the case (save getting into a needless arguement) then the programme must check for A* drop % and drops BEFORE checking to see if B* GS are in inv .Where as it should check for B* first and if B* = 0 calculate A*

Now if what you say is true, if its checking drops before checking GS's then in theory you can drop 100 GS's if you had them in inv.
    If that is how it works (and GM clarification would be nice) then arnt GS's being sold under false advertising ?
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If that is the case (save getting into a needless arguement) then the programme must check for A* drop % and drops BEFORE checking to see if B* GS are in inv .Where as it should check for B* first and if B* = 0 calculate A*

Now if what you say is true, if its checking drops before checking GS's then in theory you can drop 100 GS's if you had them in inv.
    If that is how it works (and GM clarification would be nice) then arnt GS's being sold under false advertising ?

The way it seems, is if you have a single GS, if it is randomly chosen as the dropped item, it no longer works. If you have multiples, however, the other GSs prevent it from happening.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The way it seems, is if you have a single GS, if it is randomly chosen as the dropped item, it no longer works. If you have multiples, however, the other GSs prevent it from happening.

So it must be working out the chance to drop before it checks to see if GS's are equiped. So basically its doing the math the wrong way round and GS's are sold under false pretense.....hmmm interesting thankyou

@ Aadi

My apologies if this is the case

hey Im big enough to say sorry if im wrong b:pleased
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll try to clarify a bit for everyone here.

The principal line of the ToS that I feel is the deciding factor regarding PK in SP is the following:

"n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service."

So basically, if you are PKing someone repeatedly, to the point where they are unable to play the game normally, that is probably a violation of the ToS.

In this case, if any player is intentionally blocking off a region necessary for quest or game progression by PKing everyone who is trying to get through, then this could be considered a violation of the ToS.

The main issue is "intent" though right? Think of it like this, if you are wandering around the world PKing everyone who you encounter, this is pretty much normal gameplay. If you decide, "Hey, I'm going to stay right here and kill every single person who comes by" you're setting yourself up for trouble if it is a place that people need to go.

Of course, if you are a high level in a low level area this is more of a problem, as you have intentionally chosen a place where the average player population is too low to even stand a chance against you.

Keep in mind that no case is identical, and in all situations the GM who is responding to the ticket has the final decision on whether you are in violation of game rules

tl;dr version: Don't camp a location if people need to go there. Don't camp players who are too low level to fight back.

MEH If you don't want people to PK in SP why not making SP a Safe Zone, just MAYBE?! I mean seriously, I have only been noticed officially about this now and I know of many people who have been banned in SP, wouldn't it be easier to make SP a Safe Zone and stop banning people? Start about thinking about players more please?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Y'know that you necro'd an old and done thread, right?

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.