Where did your character name come from?

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    vtwin wrote: »
    Name comes from one of my bikes, Silverado vstar

What about Harley Davidson?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kyrol - Sanctuary
    Kyrol - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I love to write stories, and in most of my stories, the main character is named Kyrol. Most take place in alternate universes, where the world is not too different from our own. Kyrol has always been my pseudonym even when I sign documents, Kyrol is my fancy little signature.
    This might be Sparta...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpankShot - Sanctuary
    SpankShot - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    SpankShot came from me and my friend debating for many minutes of stupid names.

we came up with spanky, but that was taken... so me being an archer SpankShot was born
    I Never Mean to Steal Aggro,
    Im an archer... its in my DNA. its just... what i do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands
    KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Made it to repel random people spamming *sup* and *hey let's talk about the time i saw a bird for five hours for no reason* all the time.b:pleased People clear the area right away if they see emo in your name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--Little siggy.b:pleased
    Server: Harshlands (PvP)
    Started: 9-11-2009
    Class: Cleric (hybrid-vit. build)
    Pet: Emoticon (antelope)
    Kills (Pk only): 0
    Death (Pk only): 0
    Ladies embraced b:pleased: 0
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how did this name come to my mind i let u guess b:laugh
    First one who find out get a kiss b:kiss
    edited September 2009
    how did this name come to my mind i let u guess b:laugh
    First one who find out get a kiss b:kiss

She-a-l-u.
    "She-almost-loves-u"(like in "you"). Kiss pls.b:pleased
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    NAH, b:laugh but well find b:pleased
    edited September 2009
    NAH, b:laugh but well find b:pleased

Damn! I'm kissless again...b:sadb:cry
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    mmmm my name ... easy i already knew how it would turn out and i was right b:victoryb:victory i like it tho bring it on
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • Katiekins - Sanctuary
    Katiekins - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was bored :3 and was playing COD2 at the time lulz and i had Katie and someone said maybe you should add "kins" to your name and i did lulz xDb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    the answer was :

[she]alu--s[heal]u--sheal== she-heal-you b:laughb:chuckle
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I typed in **** to see if it was open.
    Lookie thar it was?
    b:victory
  • jachos
    jachos Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My character's name is Orakio, from Phantasy Star III. Any old school Genesis gamers out there? b:laugh
  • TheCorrupt - Sanctuary
    TheCorrupt - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I tried a lot of names out at first, but all were taken. Eventually I thought, "This is an mmorpg, why not turn to one of my favorite rpg's of all time for a name?: Final Fantasy." I tried many Final Fantasy character names out and they were all taken. The last Final Fantasy game I played was Final Fantasy XII for the Playstation 2 (because I'm too poor for a PS3). I opened up my strategy guide for it and started picking out names. Most were already taken. I flipped to the Espers section. The first few names I tried there were already taken as well. I eventually got lucky with TheCorrupt. TheCorrupt is the title, or nickname, give to the Esper: Mateus. Mateus is a male character shrouded in darkness, which is what I was going for when I made this character.
  • Zvezda - Heavens Tear_1257389728
    edited September 2009
    My name means Stars in Russian plus i was listening to t.A.T.u. at the moment and stars was playing xD

so i thought HMM ^o^
    If my character cant shine in combat she can shine by herself xD

very corny =]
    but yay i love Zvezdab:chuckle
  • KyaWitchclaw - Sanctuary
    KyaWitchclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I made mine cause I wanted a cute bubbly name for a roleplay character (let the laughter begin :P ) She was to be a young spirited wiccan XD therefore I got: KyaWitchclaw

P.S. Hellion faction is a can of awesomness b:victory
  • Wahayv_Adage - Sanctuary
    Wahayv_Adage - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well after having a fail cleric, i decided to try a veno. I wanted to be creative with it, so, being wolf-like in form, i went with Wahayv Adage. It means "Wolf Pup" in cherokee, which is a big part of my heritage. ^_^

I pretty much knew for a fact that this name wouldn't already be taken. :D
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    Sinangel - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I used to share the game with my sis and she wanted a cleric since it looked pretty. I said no, changed it to bm last minute did create and didn't look at the name while my sis leveled it to 40. She got knocked up and didn't play anymore so gave the account to me. I played to 70 noticed the name at last and went, wow, that name can be emo and feminine but was too lazy to create a new character. On a side note I also own the names pedobears, Fayt Leingod, and tasty_beaver. THe last name is my personal touch where pedobears was to make fun of venomeow.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I said no, changed it to bm last minute did create and didn't look at the name while my sis leveled it to 40. She got knocked up and didn't play anymore so gave the account to me. I played to 70 noticed the name at last and went, wow, that name can be emo and feminine but was too lazy to create a new character.

It took you 30 levels to notice what the name of your character was? O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    She got knocked up and didn't play anymore so gave the account to me.

I thought you said your sister was a spy in Legendary, and you guessed her password so you could see all of Legendary's info. You quote states she didn't play anymore? Perhaps someone's bluffing. b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    Sinangel - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You are behind. That was a bluff to see how much legendary trusted their officers. It's rather hard to play pwi if you can't see beyond your belly. (BTW i'm an uncle of two girls if you care). If i really knew what was going on then wouldn't I know who the ironguard leak really is? Either way, ya....I didn't notice how feminine my name was until i googled it. CURSE YOU GOOGLE!
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You are behind. That was a bluff to see how much legendary trusted their officers. It's rather hard to play pwi if you can't see beyond your belly. (BTW i'm an uncle of two girls if you care). If i really knew what was going on then wouldn't I know who the ironguard leak really is? Either way, ya....I didn't notice how feminine my name was until i googled it. CURSE YOU GOOGLE!

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=sinangel&btnG=Google+Search

LOL You are right...just from the result descriptions.
  • Aerynx - Sanctuary
    Aerynx - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Originally I intended to name my char aeryn, it's what my sis calls me. Not sure why, i think it comes from some random sci-fi show. Anyway, aeryn was taken so i added the x at the end.

I do love punishing/pk people b:victory

yes it's true, he got me a lot during DT b:shocked
  • astarael7
    astarael7 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Mine is from a book
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Heh, mine is actually the name of one of my snowboards - funnily enough the one i use most for freestyle tomfooleryb:laugh

Normally I use a different name completely for my main char, but this time it was taken:(
  • Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    XD where to start......
    Punching_bag (barb) its what his job is lol
    blackrobe (wiz)-trying to make a character like Raistlin Majere from dragonlance
    helr (cleric)- play on words for healer, no one seems to get it tho Q.Q
    youken (old bm)- roughly translated, it means demon sword in japanese
    _Tara (veno) - stole the look and the name from a YYH fanfic.
    Jaggerjaques (new bm) - BLEACH FTW!
    white-robe (old cleric) - healing magic was the forte of the White Mages, and i already had blackrobe

yeah yeah, way too many lol.
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I rolled my face across the keyboard.
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I rolled my face across the keyboard.

you never suprise me sing b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HellFiend - Sanctuary
    HellFiend - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    All of the first choice names for my chars were taken(mostly demons or gods of old times), so made some up
    HellFiend-tho fiend basicly means hellion or demon, canine's are sometimes refered to as fiends,guessing the ill tempered ones, and the barb is a wolf.
    ZealotOfHate-bm, simple, I have mastered the zen of anger
    AncientDeath-wiz, in essence i'm an really old soul and my attitude towards most of humanity due to their actions is rather unpleasent to put it lightly.
    Respect the ZONE and it will repay in kind, tho remember, once a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. allways a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. , there is no escape
  • Tabit - Sanctuary
    Tabit - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Tabit, Came from a different game I used to play for kicks.

Well, when I named my character for first time, I had no idea the short words for in game references. i.e. Tab it. As in Tab the FB.

Ya, well, just imagine my first time realizing the terror my name can bring. Especially if a bunch of higher levels mistype the sentence.

Tabit, attack boss. should have been: Tab it, attack boss.

b:chuckle You can guess what I did on my own FB39. b:pleased I can tell ya. everyone was laughing when I died, including me for not thinking before acting on a command. I saw the words and my mind and body worked to commence like a robot. And.... dead. I was thankful there was a cleric at the time.

So, yes. My name strikes in humorous terror for those who don't use at least reasonable grammar when asking others to do things. Some people com to call me Tab, too. (and some rarer few call me Yabit, or Yab for short. another misspelling for jokes.)
This discussion has been closed.