Where did your character name come from?

Options
YngWiE - Sanctuary
YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
So much drama, let's be carebears b:victory, and learn a little about each other.

Where did your character's name come from?

Well, I've always used YWE as my character names in other games.

But my first PWI char was a really fail BM, but it was like level 27 and at the time I didn't want to delete it yet. So I took YWE and tried to make a name out of it. I settled on YngWiE, and thus, my name came to fruition
Post edited by YngWiE - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    RisenPhoenix:

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. The Phoenix has always been my totem animal in my life, a representation of the journeys I have endured throughout my life, in which I soar high, then burn into a raging fire, then emerge from my own ashes.

I have a tattoo of a a phoenix engulfed in flames located on my left shoulder/neck

Not to be confused with Icarus, Son of Daedalus, mind you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    o_O I was randomly playing Mortal Kombat before i made this character XD
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Akyta - Sanctuary
    Akyta - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    my name came from a breed of dog.. o.o if u dont know what it is, i dont blame u b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• Warmechanism - Harshlands
    Warmechanism - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    When I was a little kid I took apart an old clock and glued all the little wheels and doohickies on an action man doll then asked my dad to paint it in bronze color (I wasn't exactly normal, lol).Looked pretty cool, like a statue. Made him look like a little mechanic fighting... thing. When I created my BM he look exactly like that toy. So there's the name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Instant chaos with a turn of a key.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Andromeda cuz its cool ;P and really big

but Andromeda was taken so i made xAndromeda AndromedaA AndromedaB etc
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well, back in my younger days (AKA, about 7 years ago), I was a HUGE fan of Metal Gear Solid (still am). Anyway, the current MGS game at that time was MGS2: Sons of Liberty. That game introduced the character whose codename was "Raiden", which I already thought was pretty cool. After finishing the game, though, I realized that Raiden was just an all-around badass, and he looked hella cool while doin' it. So that's where my character's last name comes from.

The first name, Konari, however...is a mystery, even to me. I knew I wanted something Japanese to compliment the "Raiden" for a last name...so I think, and this is just my theory...that I took the parent company of MGS, Konami...swapped a letter to make it seem like more of a "person name" than a "company name", and viola.

Konari Raiden.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    Miriade - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Miriade is my second name.

I wouldn't be able to use the first, because it's was being used already.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well, back in my younger days (AKA, about 7 years ago), I was a HUGE fan of Metal Gear Solid (still am). Anyway, the current MGS game at that time was MGS2: Sons of Liberty. That game introduced the character whose codename was "Raiden", which I already thought was pretty cool. After finishing the game, though, I realized that Raiden was just an all-around badass, and he looked hella cool while doin' it. So that's where my character's last name comes from.

The first name, Konari, however...is a mystery, even to me. I knew I wanted something Japanese to compliment the "Raiden" for a last name...so I think, and this is just my theory...that I took the parent company of MGS, Konami...swapped a letter to make it seem like more of a "person name" than a "company name", and viola.

Konari Raiden.

b:victory

wrong forum bud b:laugh
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My name comes from my Monk my main on Guild Wars.Who's name is Misty Maiden yes another healing class.I just changed the first name around a bit and it is to honour her being a Monk.

To Risen Phoenix you must like Nixs.

To AndromedaB I thought it might have something to do with the tv show Andromeda.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wrong forum bud b:laugh

*slap* OBJECTION!

My fame transcends your feeble Server Boundries!!

I AM AN IMPORTANT MAN, AND I AM A WET MAN, RARRGGHH, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?!?!?!

b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My name comes from my Monk my main on Guild Wars.Who's name is Misty Maiden yes another healing class.I just changed the first name around a bit and it is to honour her being a Monk.

To AndromedaB I thought it might have something to do with the tv show Andromeda.

that too :P i loved that show
    <3 rommie :P

*slap* OBJECTION!

My fame transcends your feeble Server Boundries!!

I AM AN IMPORTANT MAN, AND I AM A WET MAN, RARRGGHH, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?!?!?!

b:angryb:angryb:angry
    baib:bye
    edited August 2009
    Options

Nix's used to bother me. Until I found out how to beat them. I take great pleasure killing a veno's nix, and if she is a fail veno, running away to res her precious pet. They are quite pretty, Im a bit jealous...I want a pet nix :(

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I want a pet nix :(
    Dont worry someday u ill get it a white Nix http://www.ecatomb.net/babypet.php

Also my chara name comes from my favorite manga b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My name is partly due to the first skill wizards get is a fire skill, and the marilyn manson song 'Dogma'.

I do get hate pm's for my name, so to make it clear... I'm not an extremist from any religion.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    "Then the fit hit the Shan."

- Roger Zelazny (Lord of Light)

It seemed like a good name for an archer.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Urban_Ninja - Sanctuary
    Urban_Ninja - Sanctuary Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My name came from the youtube parkour sensation, Urban NInja.. Plus, I've been doing parkour for 2 years now yay!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Decepticons b:cool

Starscream b:heart

Transformers rock >:O and I dont mean the movie versions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Domina = domination
    tiger = cause I am a tiger *roar*

Dominatiger

simple^^... I was about to use other nick... but that wont suit a barb at all xD
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Niteblade - Sanctuary
    Niteblade - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    mine's simple.. wanted to name something along the line of sword/blade/saber: darkblade - taken, darkknight - taken, royalsaber - taken, sooo... since i'm mostly on at night, nightblade was also taken, niteblade - not taken.. woot! and thats mah story b:pleased
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I... made mine's up.
    Belligero
  • Sugar_cube - Sanctuary
    Sugar_cube - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    song: sugar cube by: porcelain and the tramps.
    Its a cute song I like...and yea fun stuff b:chuckle
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    One of the last games I played before starting PWI was Fallout 3. Since I made a female toon I decided to name it after one of the female characters, but I always mispronounced "Amata" and "Amarta" so I used this instead.

Come to find out, it's a place in Indonesia :|
  • Bandages - Sanctuary
    Bandages - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i'm a healer b:bye
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    looooooooooooooooooollllll
    i'm A Healer B:bye
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    erm there was this serial of Robin hood starring michael Pread and this was supposed to be a mythical character there. other than that Herne_Hunter is supposed to be a pagon god too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • LhRag - Sanctuary
    LhRag - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Long haired random asian guy
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Long haired random asian guy

lmao. acronyms are fun.
  • zkif
    zkif Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Changed Ski"p" to "f" thus the name Skif b:laugh i just likezz it b:bye
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    'Dan'... my real life name :) 'The' one and 'The' only... so 'The' + 'Dan' = 'TheDan'

Sounds cocky doesn't it? b:cute

First day I started this game.. Some guy in Etherblade gave me a high five for saying "TheDan Band" rocks... Never heard of them until I started this game lol. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIRiZsDObrU

The Dan Band LOL
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
This discussion has been closed.