Where did your character name come from?

Options

Comments

• Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    'Dan'... my real life name :) 'The' one and 'The' only... so 'The' + 'Dan' = 'TheDan'

Sounds cocky doesn't it? b:cute

First day I started this game.. Some guy in Etherblade gave me a high five for saying "TheDan Band" rocks... Never heard of them until I started this game lol. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIRiZsDObrU

The Dan Band LOL

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. b:shutup
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    :P
    Naitomea= a jrock band i like
    people meet me and never ask xD
    it means nightmare.
    they cant believe i picked that name
    idk why though >:D

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So much drama, let's be carebears b:victory, and learn a little about each other.

Where did your character's name come from?

Well, I've always used YWE as my character names in other games.

But my first PWI char was a really fail BM, but it was like level 27 and at the time I didn't want to delete it yet. So I took YWE and tried to make a name out of it. I settled on YngWiE, and thus, my name came to fruition

YngWie is actually a german name or something.
    Theres also a musician called Yngwie Malsteem (Or malsteen, i forgot, google it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Saintblu - Sanctuary
    Saintblu - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My name was supposed to be fallensaintblu, But it was to long.

It means I fallen from all religion, and Blu is my street name, so when I made my first WoW character I couldn't use falenSaintblu like I wanted so I stuck with saintblu because fallen make me seen emo. Basicly I just put Saint and blu together. b:laugh
  • Nyrilia - Sanctuary
    Nyrilia - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Nyrilia = sounds like a name that an elf might have b:laugh
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    RP character's name. I don't RP on here but I was lazy.

Appearance is based off of her too.

If only I could make characters short. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • JadeyRoared - Sanctuary
    JadeyRoared - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    JadeyRoared ahhh

Well usually in MMO's Im MorphinaJade > Morphine = Addiction Jade = my name so its like Your addicted to me??? Sounded right at the time when I first started my gaming experience 3 years ago.

Well my first character was a fail cleric, so I made a veno out of frustration as a side character that turned into my main JadeyRoared. Jade Frustrated so Jade Roar!? Get it :P

JadeForDucky was to be my shop character and DuckTheLuck used to be my rl run around buddy we always did stuff with till we realized that our lifes were going down different paths. I kept the character, I do wish that you could change their names :(
  • Luxado_Ranks - Harshlands
    Luxado_Ranks - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    100% made up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the everlasting stormbringer.
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The Punisher 2 was out at the time. I wanted to watch it but didn't have time so I keep thinking about it. I tried ThePunisher, Punisher,... but all failed.

I used to have a char. in another game called Madness so I'm thinking about something big and grand for my char.'s name.

Therefore, i ended up calling him BigPunisher. i never thought people would call me BigPee (which is true b:chuckle) and I do love punishing/pk people b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    my real anme is Alex so my nick was Aly and i just made Alyyy out of itb:chuckle

i actualy entered a BH squad and a bm said b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty and i was like O.o ok...... so turns out her nick is also Aly XD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narica - Sanctuary
    Narica - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Narica is the second half of the scientific name for the white-nosed coati, my favorite animal. (Full name is Nasua narica).
    Nothing too interesting, just me being a nerd. xD
    -- Currently playing Perfect World version Vendetta b:victory --
    "Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it."
    - Albert Einstein
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    From a stripper I met in Las Vegas.b:chuckle It's the warrior princess!!
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Cause.....my irl name is Chris and the reason for all the S's was because Chris was taken then Chriss and so on, so finally I got Chrisssss. I normally tell ppl when the ask "Why so many S's" I just tell them that it's because their are so many Chris's in the world. b:chuckle I should make a faction named Chris and see how many Chris's and or Christina's I can get into the fac.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Mine's come from the song "Frijolero" from the mexican band Molotov. My friends started callin' me like that cause I've lived a few years in USA.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I gave my char blue hair and wondered...
    I like waterfalls XD
    but waterfall was already in use...
    so now with only 1 l at the end xD
    b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My name...well, I just did not care, and did not want to try and think of an actual name, so i came up with this abomination of a name.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My name...well, I just did not care, and did not want to try and think of an actual name, so i came up with this abomination of a name.

your name kicks ****. every time I see you run past me, I smile :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • ajgg1
    ajgg1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    they should make an alternate form of running that's more aggressive for him to use b:chuckle

that'd be worth a few lols
    your name kicks ****. every time I see you run past me, I smile :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manny_Panda - Dreamweaver
    Manny_Panda - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    What made your think of that name?

I thought of my name by well starting with Manny but it didnt work!
  • Narat - Sanctuary
    Narat - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I always use Taran in games (Walt Disney movie ... Black Cauldron), but the name was taken so I just went backwards ... work well, kinda like it now and might stick with using it. b:chuckle
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You know that water behind the Human Character Creation Screen? Yeah, well, waterfalls ~ Falls.

Well, I was pretty angry that my original choice in name; "Peanut", was taken, so I had to make do.

By the way YngWiE, I thought you were Swedish and chose the name because of this guy: http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/graphics/contests/yngwie_sweeps_splash.jpg .
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Damewort - A cruciferrous plant (Hesperis matronalis), remarkable for its fragrance, especially toward the close of the day; Called also rocket and dame's violet.

Few years ago I was trying to find a good and untaken name for my e-mail address. I wanted to be it connected with night/dark, but all good ones was taken. A Direct translation of damewort from my language would be "night violet". It sounded ok and was available. Later started to use it as my username in other places too as it was never taken :P
    I just usually don't mention that it is name of a flower.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    my name came of uber imagination and original mind of mine

bladecutter!!! lol (my other names were occuppied so i just made it that way)

isnt so hard to know where did that come from <.<
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    GentleHinata (my first main)- "Gentle" as in gentle fist, used by hinata in naruto, she is also my fist bm b:cute
    This name caused some issues in chat as it couldn't be abbrieviated well. I noticed alot of peeps had one unifying world or set of letters in their character names so i came up with,

QT - I saw this in a movie i watched when I was a kid. It was this kid in a spelling bee that couldn't spell very well so his team gave him the advice to sound it out. his word was Cutie and this is how he spelt it, always makes me giggle.

QTKyuubi (my second main)- Naruto inspired kyuubi ninetails, becaue ninetails are more fun than one b:kiss
    QTCalypso - Spiderbait inspired b:victory my nub cleric has the white rainbow hair that looks like light shining through a crystal or glass bead in a window
    QTShot - My nub archer, my jester character plays on Cootie Shot b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    noname is my name, in Viet, translated to English and I'm a wiz so yep, that's me: nonameWiz b:chuckle
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Majou - Sanctuary
    Majou - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    uuhh...well...first of all i are an anime freak xDDD like a lot of ppl >_> so i tried a bunch of names believe it or not..like normal names..but..then i thought..ooh venos use that staff thinger for a weapon so i tried Majou - means witch in japanese xD im so glad i got that name...and majo_ the bm is creepy +_+
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    From the french comic strip 'The Adventures of Asterix'. One of the roman soldiers is called Minimus
  • vtwin
    vtwin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Name comes from one of my bikes, Silverado vstar
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Nel b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
This discussion has been closed.