Genie resets gone.. where was the warning?

Options
Kymi - Sanctuary
Kymi - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Ok seriously.. what gives?

Taken from the patch notes here.

"The Watcher of the Earth no longer offers a quest for free Genie reset items."

Where was the warning that the resets were only available for a week? I can't speak for anyone else, but I was thinking over what skills/attributes I wanted for my level 90, 4th evo genie and hadn't yet picked up the quest or the resets for it.

Do the good people at PWI not understand that a large number of people who play MMORPGS like to take time to research builds/skills before commiting themselves to making changes? Don't they read their own forums?

We were not told that the quest/s would be gone in the maintenance today. Even if it was reasonable to assume the resets would not be permanent, I for one did not think we'd only have a week before the resets were gone.

If you think I'm going to buy gold to reset 50 points of magic and some vit, think again. This is completely unacceptable. There was no hint of this. The fact that the resets were only available for a very short period of time should have been stated on the 188 patch notes here.

In fact it states..

"Due to these changes and the following list of Genie Skill changes, the Watcher of the Earth will offer free Stone of Refreshment and Origination Orders to re-spec your Genie. Please note that this quest is only available once per character."

Now that to me does not suggest any hint of a time limit.

I am very angry and request that the resets be made available for another week, this time stating that they will be removed at the following maintenance. That at least would be fair. Come on.. where is the communication?
Post edited by Kymi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• KokoSinopa - Heavens Tear
    KokoSinopa - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I second this emotion. The skills were not even updated in game yet, so many who were preparing to make changes were not filling two slots of their inventory with something they were not going to use until everything was "sorted". This is not to mention those poor players who took a week vacation in the wrong week. I pity their surprise when they return. Why couldn't you have made it just a one time quest? There needed not be a time limit. Spit it up, GM's. Everyone deserves a genie reset after the changes you've made.
  • OlivarraX - Heavens Tear
    OlivarraX - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    +1

I took the quest from it, but not the second (which converts gods of war to the resets) and now i can't convert it. I did because i didn't want to reset my genie's atr. and affinities now, and i didn't want to get 2 slots of my bank for the resets.

Sooo i have 1 slot occupied on my bank that's usless now -.-. i won't NPC it for 1 coin >:(

It's true, u didn't said "it will be for a limited time"
    Olivenoma
  • turdburglary
    turdburglary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i posted the same issue in the maintenance thread, but i guess this would be a more appropriate venue...

i second the point. i wasn't sure that i hadn't just missed some warning about it but now seeing this thread makes me a lil more confident that at least i'm not the only one. i had no idea there was any time frame involved w the quest so i didnt rush it. the resets/orders/whatever aren't tradeable so i didnt wanna take up the space w the items until i was ready to use them too.

couldnt the quest be made a one-time per character thing permanently anyways, much like getting the free genie in the first place?

my two cents.
  • Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I second this emotion. The skills were not even updated in game yet, so many who were preparing to make changes were not filling two slots of their inventory with something they were not going to use until everything was "sorted". This is not to mention those poor players who took a week vacation in the wrong week. I pity their surprise when they return. Why couldn't you have made it just a one time quest? There needed not be a time limit. Spit it up, GM's. Everyone deserves a genie reset after the changes you've made.

You guys had a week to use the quest and get the items. The items themselves did not disappear.. so honestly if you didnt get the quest and get the items over the past week i feel no sympathy what so ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I didn't get the resets as well, I took the quest.. and forgot to take the second one, and I just messed up my genie's affinity too. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I didn't pick mine up earlier... I submitted a ticket like an hour ago... we'll see what happens :( I just dont have the inventory space to hold those orders while I'm still deciding what to do -.-
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't even post in the forums, and I just spend 20 minutes trying to remember my login/password so I can complain about this.

There is no reason why the free genie reset items should be removed. In the previous patch note, it specifically stated that:

" Please note that this quest is only available once per character."

This note implies that the "once per character" is the only limitation and that's it. There is no mention of a time limit. Heck, the genie skills are NOT EVEN FIXED YET!!! There are many errors in descriptions of how skills works. How do you expect players to reset genies when the skills are not updated yet? This latest patch updated all the genie skills, but you remove the reset? What gives?

C'mon PWI, why did you remove the free reset items? Is it an attempt to force people to buy reset items in cashshop? If so, that's going a bit too far trying to gouge players. And as a PWRD shareholder, I love it when PWI makes money. But if PWI needs to resort to grieving players to make money, then something is seriously with the company. Heck, I'm even considering quitting, and I own a piece of the company!
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

This.

Removing them without any warning whatsoever is pretty messed up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The good news is i believe the resets are still available in...you guessed it.. "the boutique"...whip out those credit cards if u want a genie that works this week then next week get the credit card back out to buy more resets again cause they have changed something else on the genies...
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Someone made the point about players being on vacation - similarly what about those in hospital etc who have had no chance to pick up the quests to get the refresh stone and origination orders - they are now going to be penalized for PWI's mistakes - hardly Treating Customers Fairly is it?

For me I agree with Victory above, i also had such a time picking how to un-nerf my genie on my main I was waiting till the skills were fixed before picking up the quests on my alts.

It's the players that are your source of income PWI - this move won't increase the sale of cash shop refreshment stones it is more likely to drive people away even faster than you are already. This is really putting me off lining PWIs pockets with any more of my hard earned. Ok thats only one player not paying you anymore, but how many are just going to silently quit the game and move on over this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have to agree, this is lame to say the least. I'm in the crowd of people that hadn't yet taken the reset due to space issues while waiting for some actual real lists of genie skills to be put together. Massive skill changes that require tons of restating, and even research into skills with incomplete descriptions in order to figure out what works well with certain stats is annoying to say the least, but now I can't even restat my genie to do that.

There was no indication in the previous notes that the quest would only be available for a week. It's just a tad bit messed up.
  • Princess_NAN - Lost City
    Princess_NAN - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is just not fair. How that note was written gave no indication that there was a time limit. Some of us were really thinking and research how best to use this for our characters and now all of a sudden its gone. now I have to buy a refreshment stone? Wait is there gonna be a sale on genie reset next week? you think all the Pay events last weeks and weeks but a free event disappears in one week as if it was a mistake in the first place. Shame, There are so many other things in the game that NEEDED fixing. This was not one of them. Did everyone get back their hair yet?
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well, I was surprised that they would give out free reset items to begin with. I was so surprised, that the first thing I did when I logged on last week, was to go to 1K Streams and collect them, in case they had a quick change of heart, and removed them the very next week, without warning b:scorn. My cynicism paid off b:victory.

I can totally empathize with those that didn't want to fill their 2 inventory slots, or were away for the week, but if there is any upside, I hope that this at least serves as a learning experience.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    :/ I forgot to pick mine up ... ****
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i am pretty sure the dev's (if they are in any way capable) could write a bit of code in less that 30mins to check their database to see which chars have not completed the quest yet, and automatically add the items to their inv or mail it to them - it is not impossible. It is what should have been done in the first place rather than having to go get a quest to get another quest to get the items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would be happy to sign a petition to have this implemented for another couple weeks or so. Even though I have already gotten my resets for both of my characters. I think its only fair that warning is indeed given for something like this, and I agree with all the reasons on page one (got lazy stopped reading).

And that's my 2 cents.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiksIr - Harshlands
    MiksIr - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got mine resets but i'm totally agree with topicstarter.
    Removing quest without warning look very bad b:worried
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I got mine resets but i'm totally agree with topicstarter.
    Removing quest without warning look very bad b:worried

This.QQQQQQQ
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I did get the resets on my main, as I have more than enough room for them. But I was waiting until I got a few bank upgrades before I got the resets on my alts. Seeing this in the patch notes had me just wee bit upset. b:beg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    Whiite - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    exent wrote: »
    Let me tell you this, and remember it for the rest of your gamer's life... They can change anything at anytime. Don't wait untill it's more convinient for you, cause it might not be there anymore.

You have a quest that gives you free stuff, go take it NOW. This is not the first time they change something without warnings and it's not gonna be the last...

Taken from another thread about the same topic.

No matter how you people disagree about this, you can deny that it's true.

They gave you a week to take the items, thats more than enough, unless you went on a holiday etc. If you are worried about the 2 slots it's going to take up, make an alternate character or put in your bank and store it there.

I'm not saying that I don't know how you all feel, because I felt the same way countless times when this kind of things happen.

Okay, now, after you people read my post, I know you are going to reply and disagree with me. So, if you do intend to reply, please try to ignore and prevent this thread from turning into a flame war.

-Just an opinion from a newbie.
    [SIGPIC]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rgdgf6.png[/SIGPIC]

Sigh, lowered quality.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Taken from another thread about the same topic.

No matter how you people disagree about this, you can deny that it's true.

They gave you a week to take the items, thats more than enough, unless you went on a holiday etc. If you are worried about the 2 slots it's going to take up, make an alternate character or put in your bank and store it there.

I'm not saying that I don't know how you all feel, because I felt the same way countless times when this kind of things happen.

Okay, now, after you people read my post, I know you are going to reply and disagree with me. So, if you do intend to reply, please try to ignore and prevent this thread from turning into a flame war.

-Just an opinion from a newbie.

Except you can't trade them. b:victory So you can't store them on an alt.b:surrender
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Whiite - Dreamweaver
    Whiite - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Except you can't trade them. b:victory So you can't store them on an alt.b:surrender

Oh I see, I'm sorry for not knowing that, as I said, I'm a newbie. b:chuckle

Well, here's another solution.

You can take 2 items that you don't really need urgently and transfer them into an alt, then take the freebies from the Watcher of the Earth and store it using the 2 slots you have just given yourself. b:victory

After you have decided what skills you are going to put into your genie, use the Genie resets, then transfer the 2 items from your alt back into your main.

Simple right?
    [SIGPIC]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rgdgf6.png[/SIGPIC]

Sigh, lowered quality.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh I see, I'm sorry for not knowing that, as I said, I'm a newbie. b:chuckle

Well, here's another solution.

You can take 2 items that you don't really need urgently and transfer them into an alt, then take the freebies from the Watcher of the Earth and store it using the 2 slots you have just given yourself. b:victory

After you have decided what skills you are going to put into your genie, use the Genie resets, then transfer the 2 items from your alt back into your main.

Simple right?

Except... Its too late for that! b:victory But thats ok I have maxed inventory and bank I stored them alright on my bank. Good advice tho.
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Marshmallows - Dreamweaver
    Marshmallows - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Lovely :(

I was waiting to get my genie reset items until I knew what stats to change on my genie... because they'd sit and waste inventory space...and now I CAN'T get them anymore T_T They never said it was a limited time thing. That's just WONDERFUL. Now my genie is ruined forever
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Heh, oh joy...

Not nice PWI team, not nice...b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    All I gotta say, is "Wow... Fail." No warning, no hint that they might be temporary in anyway. I'm just glad I'm a researchaholic. The instant you guys nerfed and changed the genies, I immediately looked up every single skill that was of interest to me on my high level main, and set up potential genie skill sets for my alts. That way, I got the current requirements, and bonuses in an actual usable form, instead of the guesswork in the Skill description window.

I, thankfully, didn't have to reset my Alt's genie, although I took the War Rewards, planning to use it later, if the skills I chose turned out to suck in reality. But, here's a funny thing... Not everyone can do that. So you basically just screwed every mid to low level player who doesn't have a serious description of the genie skills. I know we could get the quest reward at any time, but what was the point? It was made pretty apparent that if you took it at a low level, you basically got a tiny sliver of help, so most people were waiting until they were high level, and actually had a reason to restat their genies when they discovered how nerfed the skills that had been advised really were.

Bad move, PWI. Really bad move. You're really going down a very, very bad road here. You're starting to remind me of a certain game I left long ago for you. Less Greed NOW. This is a FREE TO PLAY game. I'm a CS user, and this is really starting to disgust me. Especially considering the prices of the items you just took out. 50 cents per ONE point? Unlike our characters, who take a long time to develop, and **** up, genies can get completely botched in a matter of minutes. And once you messed with the skills, perfectly organized genies were screwed up in the time it took to download a patch.

Did you not see how many "What do I do with my Genie now?" Posts were all over this forum? People needed time to fix YOUR mistakes, and now you just spit in their faces, and told them "You've had your time, now you pay to fix our ****-ups." This alone wouldn't have hurt so bad, but this is just one of a long string of similar things that has happened in recent memory. You're keeping gold prices up with the incessant sales, so non CSers can't even afford a genie reset, you've put Endgame gear in the CS, you've done so many crappy, crappy things to us, and you just keep expecting us to take it.

Can you not see that you're pushing us to the breaking point? You've got an entire history of PW on these forums. Go back to the first few posts. You see the optimism there? People were looking forward to this game, and what it brought. It was new, it was exciting, it was an adventure. Now work up to the present. See a BIG difference? The player base hasn't changed, only grown. What's changed is your policies. Stop it. We are not your puppets to dance, and play at your whim. We are your customers, your partners. We need each other to make this a good game. You supply us with GOOD things, we supply you with the funds to make more GOOD things. That's how it works. You supply us with ****, we go "WTF is this?" and stop supplying you with money. Just because there are those still willing to tolerate this doesn't mean they're going to stick around once they can buy every single thing they ever wanted out of the CS. They'll get bored oneshotting anyone and anything, and take their money elsewhere.

Supply us with CONTENT. This winter means absolutely nothing if you chase off the people that would enjoy it by forcing **** down their throats. Do an event that isn't CS related. Do you even remember how? I don't mean some forum game, or some art contest. I mean like the Thanksgiving Event, or the Christmas Event. Give us something to do in game, that doesn't involve our wallets. You've got Halloween coming up. Here's your chance to prove that you care about us. Don't give us some cash shop ****. Give us something that anyone, and everyone can enjoy.
  • Marshmallows - Dreamweaver
    Marshmallows - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Everything she said

ILU *_* I couldn't have said it better
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ILU *_* I couldn't have said it better

Agreed. Coudn't have said it better myself.

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Gosh, sepnding so much money on something that may complement your characters skills isn't worth it, especially when they might change in the near future and they have recently been nerfed. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tecknic - Lost City
    Tecknic - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have to agree, this is completely uncalled for.
    luckily i picked mine up, but its still not fair to give no warning at all.
This discussion has been closed.