Gm Make New Plan to Lower Gold Prices please.

Jer - Dreamweaver
Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Everyone wants to Lower Gold Prices so Can you please lower it?

And whoever chose 400k+ PLEASE QUIT PWI NOW!!
Post edited by Jer - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The GM's don't make the prices. It is the players themselfs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Did we really NEED another thread like this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Jay - Heavens Tear
    Jay - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Supply and Demand.
    It's a free market.
    Not everyone. The sellers does not want the price to drop. If it does, PWE will lose money, so it's good for both the customers and the business. The only one not benefiting are the ones that are complaining. If you can't beat them, join them.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The GM's don't make the prices. It is the players themselfs.

This right here is the problem. If the players ever get to control prices, things get like this and everyone starts to leave. Players should Never control prices.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When the Peoples Economy gets out of Control, Doesn't the Government fix it? Government(GM as example)
  • Jay - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009

And whoever chose 400k+ PLEASE QUIT PWI NOW!!
    This right here is the problem. If the players ever get to control prices, things get like this and everyone starts to leave. Players should Never control prices.

FREE MARKET

The system is better this way.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I voted 400k+ because that's the current market price, and I support letting players decide how much they want to pay / ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When the Peoples Economy gets out of Control, Doesn't the Government fix it? Government(GM as example)
    Heh... I love how you use "the Peoples Economy" in caps, without realizing the irony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Jay - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I voted 400k+ because that's the current market price, and I support letting players decide how much they want to pay / ask.

This guy gets it.
    The players control the price. If they want it to go down, it will go down. The whiners are only a SMALL percentage of the players.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Players control the price. GMs affect the supply and demand with things like chest of coins and sales.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Heh... I love how you use "the Peoples Economy" in caps, without realizing the irony.

He capitalizes every other word as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Players control the price. GMs affect the supply and demand with things like chest of coins and sales.

This is only partially correct. Players drive the price to the equilibrium between supply and demand. They don't have full control.

It is similar to RL where the Fed, Gov policies and other countries affect the economy as a whole and the people simply drive prices and exchange rates to what is the equilibrium.

In summary the GMs and Devs (actually the PWE management who are really the ones calling the shots) have total control of the direction of the price. Players just push it there through in-game trading.
  • Jay - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009

Correction, Players controls the supply, while GMs INDIRECTLY controls demand.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    200k is a perfectly fair price for gold. It's enough for players to be able to grind for some cash shop items and also enough to make buying gold desirable for re-sellers, thus giving pwi a substantial income.

Gold too high, players who can't afford things at all by grinding complain, gold too low then players aren't tempted enough to buy any. The AH gold trade system probably makes pw the most profit. I think a balance between the two would be best.

If pwi really wanted they could completely control the pricing of gold. Affordable set prices appeal to most average players. Free markets only appeal to those who want to take advantage and get super-rich.
    Correction, Players controls the supply, while GMs INDIRECTLY controls demand.

The devs control it, not the GM's...
  • Kaiser_Soza - Heavens Tear
    Kaiser_Soza - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think its perhaps worth a mention that a lot of people are motivated by greed and would sell thier own mother for a tenner with which they would then charge zhen in order to sell and make in-game currency.

As for the GM's hatchimg a plan why not come up with your own? Alternatively take a page from my book and just dont buy gold at high pricess. Greed is like fire, add fuel, in this case purchaseing gold, and the fire spreds....
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the Gm's Don't Make The Prices. It Is The Players Themselfs.

Don't Care You Take Control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Players Fail!
  • calavera
    calavera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is not a "free market" its not even a laissez-faire economy... Several key commodities are under PWs direct control so the public can't control gold prices through adjusting production or consumption of traded goods. We have a fiat currency whose value isn't really pegged to boutique items since distortions are too often introduced in the economy. It is a regulated economy, much as rl economies, and beyond the control of players...
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Free market created the anniversary packs.b:chuckle
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I made 45mill in 15 mins yesterday just by selling gold.

What does this tell u?

People wake up and stop qqing.

I sold 100 gold for 450,000 per gold and it was all bought up in 15 mins of me putting it in auction house.

People are willing to buy.
    People are willing to sell.

A few are not, these few will just be left out of the race.These few are the ones qqing, these few will remain unheard.
    Simple as that.
    No company is going to revert something wich is raking in millions, possibly billions.
    Your argument of "losing the player base" is weak too. Take a look around, seems like even 10% of each server has quit? Really?

Reality check fools. Your 100 friends that quit don't even make up 1% of the player base.
    And half of the ppl that quit will come back once the tideborn are released.

STop your whining. it accomplishes nothing.
    Why you think no response on these QQ threads from the mangement? Only moderators? Why?
    Cos they know, this is nothing!

The best u can do is, grit your teeth/log off/play other games/ till the end of this event, where gold prices will fall back to 200k.

Good luck.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i said 400k
    1) im a goldseller b:laugh
    2)its OUR money so we can price it however

tank u very much ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    rukhmath wrote: »

What does this tell u?

I sold 100 gold for 450,000 per gold and it was all bought up in 15 mins of me putting it in auction house.

A few are not, these few will just be left out of the race.These few are the ones qqing, these few will remain unheard.
    Simple as that.
    No company is going to revert something wich is raking in millions, possibly billions.
    Your argument of "losing the player base" is weak too. Take a look around, seems like even 10% of each server has quit? Really?

Reality check fools. Your 100 friends that quit don't even make up 1% of the player base.

Why you think no response on these QQ threads from the mangement? Only moderators? Why?

The best u can do is, grit your teeth/log off/play other games/ till the end of this event, where gold prices will fall back to 200k.

Good luck.

b:victory

I always smile when I see people who are getting it...
  • Desolater_IV - Heavens Tear
    Desolater_IV - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well, I haven't played for that long, but it's the people who buy the gold who choose how much a gold should be worth.

If someone is going to pay $1 for 1 gold, they are going to want the most out of that 1 gold.

Same as when you buy a mount, if a mount costs 1mil, you expect it to stay at 1mil so you may be able to return your investment.

so...if you want gold prices to drop, then you need to have a lot of "rich" people buy a lot of gold, and sell the gold or the things they buy with it, for (as you say) 100k ea gold.

The reason Gold prices have gone up, is because the once "newbs" are now "beasts". Which means, there is more coins in circulation throughout the world.

More coins = Higher Gold prices Yes it is inflation, but it is player made inflation.

I chose the 400k+, not because I want players to suffer, but I want people who pay real $$$ to get the most out of what they are paying for. We play this game for enjoyment, and for most people real world "work" is not enjoyment. If it is, then by all means buy all the Gold you can buy. :)
    "Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives."
    -CHINGIS KHAN
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I chose the 400k+, not because I want players to suffer, but I want people who pay real $$$ to get the most out of what they are paying for. We play this game for enjoyment, and for most people real world "work" is not enjoyment. If it is, then by all means buy all the Gold you can buy. :)

But the problem is, this is a F2P game (barely). The point of a F2P isn't to have cash shoppers leagues above non-cashshoppers, or else all the NCS will leave and it'll basically be an expensive P2P

Well, you get my drift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009

What does this tell u?

Simple as that.

Good luck.

Is it just me or are all the ones who support high gold prices rude and obnoxious. O_o

Not a directed flame, just a curious observation, but quite a few of those who support high prices usually include such phrases as "moron", "idiot", "fool", "quit whining/whinging", "QQ'rs", "n00b", "gtfo" usually accompanied by complete shunning of those who don't have the same opinion and 95% of the time fully supporting the idea that they should quit immediately if they don't like it.

High gold price supporters sure seem an angry bunch of individuals... ^^
  • Feles - Dreamweaver
    Feles - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sad to say but the ones saying that the players are the ones keeping the gold prices where it is are right. They are wrong in thinking the price well drop to 200k after the event with luck it might be 300k or a price in that range. The fact is greed on the selling of gold has set in nothing can be done about it as to returning AH not bloody likely at most I log in to just chat with the few guild mates I like chating with and nothing else as there is no longer a point to do anything but that in PWI now. Enjoy b:victory
  • rukhmath
    edited September 2009
    But the problem is, this is a F2P game (barely). The point of a F2P isn't to have cash shoppers leagues above non-cashshoppers, or else all the NCS will leave and it'll basically be an expensive P2P

Well, you get my drift.

Your "drift" has drifted out of reality.

K let me simply the buisness as low as i can.

Icream guy is giving out free icecream.
    Everyone flocks to get their free ice cream.
    Icream guy has to earn money to live.
    So.......

IG: "hey if u pay me 2$ i'll give u candy sprinkles on ya ice cream"

Guy with money: $2 for spinkles????GTFO!!!

IG: "okok how bout sprinkles and chocolate sauce?"

Guy with money: "Tempting, but still not worth it i feel"

IG: "Ok fine, u pay me $4, i give u sprinkles, chocolate syrup, a double scoop, nuts, and a coupon for 50% off on ya next icecream purchase"

Guy with money: "Deal!"

Guys still eating icecream for free: "wtf?? he pays and he gets all that?? i want it too! but i still want it free!"

IG: (trying to be nice) Ok guys i can't give u all that for free, but uc an go home and add ya stuff yourselves"

Freeguys: "But that will take time and extra effort on my part"

IG: "Umm yeah i guess, if u don't wanna pay, thats how it gotta be"

Freeguys: "fark u ice cream guy, u suck blah blah blah QQ"

IG: ( turns a deaf ear and carries on buisness)

THE END.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • rukhmath
    edited September 2009
    Is it just me or are all the ones who support high gold prices rude and obnoxious. O_o

Not a directed flame, just a curious observation, but quite a few of those who support high prices usually include such phrases as "moron", "idiot", "fool", "quit whining/whinging", "QQ'rs", "n00b", "gtfo" usually accompanied by complete shunning of those who don't have the same opinion and 95% of the time fully supporting the idea that they should quit immediately if they don't like it.

High gold price supporters sure seem an angry bunch of individuals... ^^

Sorry for double posting.

What u see, here in the "supporters" posts are just pure irritation, at the amount of ppl and the amount of threads addressing the same tired old issue.
    It is annoying that some poeple just don't get the dynamics behind running a buisness and want everythign to work their way in never never land.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Serious question for you, I've really never understood why gold sellers sell the quantities of gold that they do. What do you need coin for that makes selling your gold attractive? With as low as beautiful/flawless shards have become (and by extention shards made from those) it seems like there's a rather finite amount of coin that would be useful. What other things do you actually need coin for? Gear purchases? It seems to me, using that gold on more refines for yourself, more sockets on your gear, charms for yourself, and so on would end up providing you a larger benefit. What am I missing here?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Serious question for you, I've really never understood why gold sellers sell the quantities of gold that they do. What do you need coin for that makes selling your gold attractive? With as low as beautiful/flawless shards have become (and by extention shards made from those) it seems like there's a rather finite amount of coin that would be useful. What other things do you actually need coin for? Gear purchases? It seems to me, using that gold on more refines for yourself, more sockets on your gear, charms for yourself, and so on would end up providing you a larger benefit. What am I missing here?

You could spend 100 dollars and end up with only regular tokens, or you can sell the gold, and buy a lunar weapon and have spare money for some stuff you may want..... Also, mounts and clothes, at the moment, are cheaper to buy in-game than with gold (if you are willing to not have the newest ones).
    I can think of lots of reasons to do that actualy, including buying already made TT gear.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Your "drift" has drifted out of reality.

K let me simply the buisness as low as i can.

Icream guy is giving out free icecream.
    Everyone flocks to get their free ice cream.
    Icream guy has to earn money to live.
    So.......

IG: "hey if u pay me 2$ i'll give u candy sprinkles on ya ice cream"

Guy with money: $2 for spinkles????GTFO!!!

IG: "okok how bout sprinkles and chocolate sauce?"

Guy with money: "Tempting, but still not worth it i feel"

IG: "Ok fine, u pay me $4, i give u sprinkles, chocolate syrup, a double scoop, nuts, and a coupon for 50% off on ya next icecream purchase"

Guy with money: "Deal!"

Guys still eating icecream for free: "wtf?? he pays and he gets all that?? i want it too! but i still want it free!"

IG: (trying to be nice) Ok guys i can't give u all that for free, but uc an go home and add ya stuff yourselves"

Freeguys: "But that will take time and extra effort on my part"

IG: "Umm yeah i guess, if u don't wanna pay, thats how it gotta be"

Freeguys: "fark u ice cream guy, u suck blah blah blah QQ"

IG: ( turns a deaf ear and carries on buisness)

THE END.

I know, and generally us Freeguys have been able to get by relatively well. But now it's 2$ for sprinkles, chocolate and strawberry syrup, double scoop, nuts, a coupon for 150% off, another icecream, a bowl made of silver to eat the icecream in, a cake, a device that can turn cake into icecream cake if you wish, a truck, a pre-paid phone, 50$, a snare drum (with sticks), and a hooker. It's good business for PWE, and the Guy with money is having a blast, but those of us who refuse to pay 2$ (even though the package comes with 50$, but w/e) just get icecream. It's still nice, and quitting's a little ridiculous, but, assuming that having a ridiculous icecream thing makes you better at the Freeguys at life, it's kinda unfair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric