Gm Make New Plan to Lower Gold Prices please.

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    free market is ok. AS LONG AS IT WORKS.
    fixed price is ok. AS LONG AS IT WORKS.

So, when either of the two dont work. You just interviene for a bit and fix the problem.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    free market is ok. AS LONG AS IT WORKS.
    fixed price is ok. AS LONG AS IT WORKS.

So, when either of the two dont work. You just interviene for a bit and fix the problem.

And by fixing you cause a bigger mess than you had to start with....
    Free market always works... problem is when the "government" intervienes and messes things up. (and no, there is no country with a free market, since politicians would not be able to use the economy for personal gain if the market was truely free)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't really mind high gold prices, most probably because with a couple hours in-game I can make nice cash. I simply can't be bothered these days x] (so yeah, it's my own fault there and I'm not gonna whine about it). It's player-driven. I also understand PW needs the cash shop to survive, and when I have the money available, I won't mind giving a bit.

And even about the fact people can get stuff in an easier way than some of the others do... well it's like that IRL. Even if it bugs me deep down inside (I believe it's always more rewarding to work for something, and I refuse to do ALL the work both in-game and IRL) it's something I can shrug off. No need to get overworked on a game.

I just deal with whatever happens, in the end. I adjust.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • calavera
    calavera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Please, all you people who think players "control" the economy and that cash shoper's "greed" or free player's "greed" (never PW's greed) are responsible for gold prices think it through. Take the irl economic crisis as an example; what does your country (any country, all have been affected) need you to do to improve things? Spend. Yup, spend through your elbows so the economy can hold manufacturing/service jobs, so that businesses will hold a good cash flow, so that investors are encouraged to create new jobs. Now, would you advice anyone to blow their life savings as a consumer just now? No, you wouldn't, and one of the reasons is what's called "consumer confidence" and the fact that people don't believe many products or services are worth their money.

Kinda like PWI, except we've gone from an advanced economy to third world status. And through raging inflation, we've got the free players faithful to el patron repeating their mantra; "Poor people choose to be so, as they are either too lazy or too dumb to better their lot" ever read Isabel Allende? People cannot influence the economy. Only governments or very large corporations can do so... and their interests often run contrary to those of people.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    RANDOM OPINION:

Well....sales aren't stopping. People will always spend. Unless there's a week with NO SALES....I doubt the prices will drop below 300k ever again. CS win, the rest of us lose. Amen.

b:surrender
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    you seem to be missing something here. people might not have run the damn instances for months if they knew stuff like this was going to happen. that is why i keep saying the release had total disregard for people's time. they could've spent that time doing something else. it's about time and money utterly wasted because they're never specific about these changes beforehand and because they'd make changes like these.

and in this game there are things that are "hard work", you do it so that you may have something that you want. it's not necessarily fun to grind for 5 hours, but it is nice when you can buy a 10m mold afterwards; then of course, a day later after mainte night you get ****ed over by chip prices and now said mold is now worth 3m. you get it? once again, you think someone would've grinded for 5 hours if they knew devs would make that arbitrary change? people don't like seeing their time put into the game just rendered worthless like that.

Run it because it's fun or don't run it. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The next expansion for PWI is going to have gear that's going to take upwards of a year of dedicated effort to obtain a single item. If/when they put out another expansion past that one, they're going to give you more gear that wastes all the effort you spent getting the new uber stuff.
  • CrimsonDeath - Heavens Tear
    CrimsonDeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Okay, I have read all seven pages of this poll and debate here's my take on this situation i started playing this game on the asian servers and gold was about 300k per 1 gold i thought it was quite high to be honest and i'm sure that price didn't start out that way I am almost positive it took years to get that high and her we are a very little over 1 year with a 1/3 the avail content with gold nearing 500k but here's the catch the real life price of gold is still 10-50 dollars for 10 to 50 gold i completely understand pwe is a business and being so needs to make money but the real harsh truth for them to realize is in this recession most Americans are out of work and barely staying fed we are playing a free game because one we enjoy it and see it as one of the best that has been released here and two because we ca no longer afford to pay to play for simple entertainment and something to take our mind off the real world crisis i can see gold being about 200-250k because everyone can still enjoy this game pwe is not losing any money on this in any way i assure you but the bleeding dry of the games loyal followers who have been here working diligently since closed beta has got to stop because here is the one thing perfect world entertainment has got to remember you burn me once on a game i will never play any of anything else you bring out and i will be sure not to recommend you company to at least 20 of my friends this is not a threat its a known fact you have one of the best graphically designed free to play games ever to be released in North America
    but we cannot continue to watch you milk us for pure profit and typical American greed this game needs since your obviously doing so well game breaking bugs fixed we have had since day one all new content needs to be throughly tested outside of this game before you release it anytime the economy is messed up by a event fiasco similar to duke rose a roll back must take place because that coin was evident at and during this event and the territory war system is so corrupt most don't bother but the land owning factions were obvious in the anniversary purchases the chest boxes was by far the most insane idea any greed mongerer would have come up with i love this game and many other do as well but we might as well pay to play to avoid whats happened here i am sorry but i finally had to say something

sorry for the lack of punctuation but the words just came pouring out of me AngelFire level 85 BM
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    in this recession most Americans are out of work and barely staying fed

I was unaware the U.S. Unemployment Rate was all the way to 51% or above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I was unaware the U.S. Unemployment Rate was all the way to 51% or above.

Um, to be exact, you would need anything over 50%, or even 50%. Or you could just say that the amount is the single biggest amount, with the rest being smaller groups, such as part-timers, full-timers, retirees, minors and so forth. Though I don't see too many toddlers playing PWI.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's really JUST this simple:

There is more in-game coin from players WANTING gold than cash shoppers selling it.

If you don't like the price of gold, buy it with CASH.

Furthermore, if the gold prices keep increasing, it's really one of several things, cash shoppers leaving the game, demand for new cash shop items increases, or too much in-game coin being earned devaluing it's worth v gold.

There is no other debate on this directly. Other than removing gold trading and selling coin directly, GMs and Devs cannot change or alter the gold prices.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Though I don't see too many toddlers playing PWI.

You must have World Chat turned off. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I vote Obama as GM, He will fix it!

please dont take me seriously
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Run it because it's fun or don't run it. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The next expansion for PWI is going to have gear that's going to take upwards of a year of dedicated effort to obtain a single item. If/when they put out another expansion past that one, they're going to give you more gear that wastes all the effort you spent getting the new uber stuff.

it's not about new, better gear being released, it's about having the chance to get them without putting in the time/effort after people already have put in the time/effort to get them

There is more in-game coin from players WANTING gold than cash shoppers selling it.

Furthermore, if the gold prices keep increasing, it's really one of several things, cash shoppers leaving the game, demand for new cash shop items increases, or too much in-game coin being earned devaluing it's worth v gold.

There is no other debate on this directly. Other than removing gold trading and selling coin directly, GMs and Devs cannot change or alter the gold prices.

cccoin boxes. make it like 1 gold to open box, see what happens
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This right here is the problem. If the players ever get to control prices, things get like this and everyone starts to leave. Players should Never control prices.
    Agreed.

The player base in this game isn't smart enough to set prices, myself included.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    cccoin boxes.

Coin boxes? You're kidding. Those are worthless. It costs 5 gold to buy a Perfect Iron Hammer. Right now Gold is at 430k. There aren't many people stupid enough to spend 2.1m coin to open a box that contains 1m coin.

How is this even a factor? >>
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Coin boxes? You're kidding. Those are worthless. It costs 5 gold to buy a Perfect Iron Hammer. Right now Gold is at 430k. There aren't many people stupid enough to spend 2.1m coin to open a box that contains 1m coin.

How is this even a factor? >>

read my edit. so sorry i didnt explain
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • calavera
    edited September 2009

You're wrong, it would actually be very simple; Remove hammers from boutique, increase the efficiency of the high level coin sinks. Could be done in a regular patch without a hitch.

For those of you who may not have been around, the duke rose incident is very ilustrative of this company's policy. Some time ago a certain glitch involving a boutique item resulted in an exploit (a cheat) that allowed players in posession of gold to make extraordinary fortunes in coin. Gold rose to 700-800k, it even got to hit the 1 mil mark. Things got so bad the GMs were forced to shut down the servers (yea, so much for the "economy doesn't affect me" argument) 12 hours after the update had been made. There was a strong consensus amongst the comunity that a rollback was the solution, an opinion voiced even by players that had spend much of that time grinding/leveling. Ofc the players that had made all that money CHEATING were oposed to the rollback and shielded themselves with the argument that "inocent" people had bought gold only because of the high prices and that many of them would deman refunds if the rollback was made.

[removed]

Let me say it once again, both of these incidents involved CHEATING. Rules seem to mean nothing when money is involved. MMORPGs revolve around "persistent" worlds. This means players get rewards because of what they do INGAME, and they get to keep them. This is the most basic rule in games like PW, character advancement, and having it consistently bent or broken defeats the very purpose most people play for, wether you charge money or not.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    just so you know discussion of disciplinary action is not allowed on the forum, as there are no ways for us to refute your claims without discussing private information.
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I feel like most of the PWI supporters nowadays are kids and people with low self esteem.

Like some mentioned in several threads before this it seems like PW is pushing away all the people who argued here. Makes me wonder if PWE is the Red Party...
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • calavera
    edited September 2009
    just so you know discussion of disciplinary action is not allowed on the forum, as there are no ways for us to refute your claims without discussing private information.

Fair enough
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I voted 400,000+ just for those QQers who want us to buy their gold and selll it to them cheap b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    shlomo2 wrote: »
    I feel like most of the PWI supporters nowadays are kids...

And here I thought it was the other way around. People who were too young to experience working your butt off at work only to have someone who did nothing reap the rewards too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    it's not about new, better gear being released, it's about having the chance to get them without putting in the time/effort after people already have put in the time/effort to get them

Sure it is. Once you're no longer using a piece of gear, all time/effort expended to get it has been rendered useless. Only the latest things you're using matter, this is because it's far easier to catch someone up to you, than it is to build yourself up.

Additionally, what others have has no bearing on what you have so it hardly wastes your time/effort. If others having stuff affects you enjoying the game, you shouldn't be playing an MMO because the ideal that players strive for... a challenge that that player can do, which no other players can do isn't something realistic.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Assuming your referring to the reeaaaallllyyyy uber lucky players who got items in a few shots of opening packs? >.>

I bought some of them but im pretty darn sure i worked way more to get the money to spend on zhen than sitting on my butt clicking a mouse in my house. :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Humm can I get a bail out? lol
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
    edited September 2009
    Humm can I get a bail out? lol

Only if you are "too big" to fail
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    HEY EVERY1 ALL STOP BUYING COINS IN HIGH PRICES AND MAKE BID ON 100k or DONT BUY the sellers will decrease the Prices to get money and that way we can make it go low btw... GMs they r no making it high it is us we r buyig it in high prices
  • calavera
    edited September 2009

I bought some of them but im pretty darn sure i worked way more to get the money to spend on zhen than sitting on my butt clicking a mouse in my house. :0

Whatever you do irl shouldn't have a bearing in what you do INGAME. Should people who "work hard" get an advantage over others in chess? Yes, i'm cool with people charging zen having a chance to catch up with those who can afford to play 24/7 but this is about proportion.

Additionally, what others have has no bearing on what you have so it hardly wastes your time/effort. If others having stuff affects you enjoying the game, you shouldn't be playing an MMO because the ideal that players strive for... a challenge that that player can do, which no other players can do isn't something realistic.

It does because this game has many competitive sides to it, wether you choose to engage in those or not. We don't all have to model our gameplay after yours and seeing the game's rewards system unfairly changed is reason for legitimate complaint. This argument that future updates will make the changes unimportant is unsound because it ignores the fact that enjoyment of present success and acomplishments is as important as that of a future "endgame" as to many of us the "journey" so to speak, is perhaps even more important than our long term goals.
    edited September 2009
    HEY EVERY1 ALL STOP BUYING COINS IN HIGH PRICES AND MAKE BID ON 100k or DONT BUY the sellers will decrease the Prices to get money and that way we can make it go low btw... GMs they r no making it high it is us we r buyig it in high prices

You must be new...... Most high level players have hundreds of millions of coins.... do you really think they are too worried about paying 400k for gold when, worse case, they can break even, and best case get 45million+ out of it?
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This guy gets it.
    The players control the price. If they want it to go down, it will go down. The whiners are only a SMALL percentage of the players.
    You must be new...... Most high level players have hundreds of millions of coins.... do you really think they are too worried about paying 400k for gold when, worse case, they can break even, and best case get 45million+ out of it?

well i forgot about that :P