TideBorn?

Comments

• Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    whaaaaa??? TIDEBORN= BALD PURPLE PPLZ WITH FISH-LIKE FEATURES.......b:shocked
    Kinda ugly.... why dun PW make a race that looks like these guys
    kiss2.jpg
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    whaaaaa??? TIDEBORN= BALD PURPLE PPLZ WITH FISH-LIKE FEATURES.......b:shocked
    Kinda ugly.... why dun PW make a race that looks like these guys
    kiss2.jpg

...Those are neither bald, purple, or have fish like features....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited September 2009
    ...Those are neither bald, purple, or have fish like features....

LOL u completely misunderstood wat i was saying.... i said that bald purple people were ugly and that it would be cool to be able to look like the greatest band of all time......... KISS!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    LOL u completely misunderstood wat i was saying.... i said that bald purple people were ugly and that it would be cool to be able to look like the greatest band of all time......... KISS!

I would cry b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited September 2009
    b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked KISS IS THE GREATEST ROCK BAND OF ALL TIME!! I WANNA HAVE A CHARACTER THAT LOOKS LIKE EM
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    please give the new race some lore. Give them some background story please. I doubt it will be done but it will be nice we know a little bit about what they stand for and why they are here.
  • Glorfindel_w - Sanctuary
    Glorfindel_w - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That picture has been cut out using photoshop, and the head does not fit the body. Thats definately a fake feeling picture. Or the posturing is really bad!

The Body looks like it was just colored diferently

I think what they did was took a picture of 47 (from Hitman), cropped his face off the body, and stuck it on a "naked" male character, then recolored both. All the same, it does look pretty doctored. I don't think PWE would have such an obvious sprite error.
  • gadan13
    gadan13 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Any new's about tideborns?
  • OOmesuOo - Sanctuary
    OOmesuOo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    guys do u know that the tideborn's land is already in the game b:bye

go southwest dreameaver and if u put ur game on best performance make it best qualitiy and u can see it at the very end of the map b:victory
  • gadan13
    edited September 2009
    I saw on a fan made trailer saying tath the new expansion is in November is it true? I hope so XD
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Possible Tideborn, anyone?

2009-09-1208-08-26.jpg

Thanks to Elleiryk for the info and pic.
  • KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands
    KeranoWasEmo - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Possible Tideborn, anyone?

2009-09-1208-08-26.jpg

Thanks to Elleiryk for the info and pic.

Could be. Anyway modification are done even as we speak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--Little siggy.b:pleased
    Server: Harshlands (PvP)
    Started: 9-11-2009
    Class: Cleric (hybrid-vit. build)
    Pet: Emoticon (antelope)
    Kills (Pk only): 0
    Death (Pk only): 0
    Ladies embraced b:pleased: 0
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Honestly I am having a hard time with everyone saying that the new land will be south of Dreamweaver... I have seen it myself and does seem very plausable... However It would create some major issues for players once they reach lvl 20 and have to travel from Arch.

level_map.jpg

If you look at the map the highest lvl mobs any newbie would have to walk through is 28 by the humans. And the longest walk is by the elves... but they fly so more than likely it is an auto path experiance.

I do realize that you get the way point to tele to arch after a quest BUT like many people do, the first time players do no realize this and walk the whole way not to mention that sometimes people refuse to tele because of the cost.

I honestly believe that placing the tideborns main city east of arch would be much more practical.... After all Arch is the "center" of the world and for all purposes acts as the hub for everything.

Now before you shoot this Idea down and flame about it... Look at the pictures that they supplied with the preview... some of the surroundings are very very different from one another maybe, just maybe the expansion will more or less expand out all of the sea areas making the logical choice to place the city to the east of arch and then maybe much higher level areas to the south....

This idea is not a stretch if you ask me. Consider the fact that the highest level is 102/105 right now... thats not insanely close considering the exp required to get those next three levels... but PWI does need a place for some higher level mobs once the level cap is raised to the final of 150 (don't believe that? then maybe you should do some homework at the database and see that all the gear sets go close or to level 150)... Again I do realize that there are high level mobs in heaven/hell however I believe they will want to impliment higher levels on the main map to give more options for grinding.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    to the east of arc accross endless sea is an isle called snake isle which is half on and half off the map

there is an npc there called lu pan who has two options for construction skill and furniture skill but they are not clickable yet even tho the npc is.

so in my view i think the tideborns will be south of dreamweaver and maybe a patch or two later the east of arc will open up and push right?

one thing i am sure of and that is the fact that whenever anyone rolls a tideborn and get it to lvl 30 you will deffo run face first into one or two of my bolts ^^

<----is not letting assasins lvl up and sneak attack meh
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Good point Fuhjeebies.. I guess I never really had a chat with that NPC.

As for you not letting assassins catch up with you.. well I guess its a good thing i will just control your mind as a psychic!
  • Felina - Heavens Tear
    Felina - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    sorry spoons, i didn't dig it up, i saw it on a website, and from another post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    there is an npc there called lu pan who has two options for construction skill and furniture skill but they are not clickable yet even tho the npc is.

Isn't that from the housing system that never got implemented in the F2P versions of PW? Sounds like it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Felina - Heavens Tear
    Felina - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    my theory is that once u reach lvl 20, u finish a quest, and u get tele'd directly to arch. which would make sense, since all the mobs around the island are 70+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Isn't that from the housing system that never got implemented in the F2P versions of PW? Sounds like it...

Of-Topic curiosity for a second:

The way you phrased that makes it seem like there's a P2P or equivalent of PW out there somewhere. Which... makes me feel like I just missed something important. Is there, or am I just misunderstanding what you typed?

On topic: Oh, hey, maybe they can fly from level one like Winged Elves can? Total speculation on that, here, but it'd get rid of the "How to get there" debate. Besides... Don't you get one free teleport to Arch when you hit level 20, anyway? For the other races, that is.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    Of-Topic curiosity for a second:

The way you phrased that makes it seem like there's a P2P or equivalent of PW out there somewhere. Which... makes me feel like I just missed something important. Is there, or am I just misunderstanding what you typed?

On topic: Oh, hey, maybe they can fly from level one like Winged Elves can? Total speculation on that, here, but it'd get rid of the "How to get there" debate. Besides... Don't you get one free teleport to Arch when you hit level 20, anyway? For the other races, that is.

From my understanding there used to be a P2P version of PW, but it was discontinued, and that was where housing was implemented. I could be wrong though b:surrender

On topic: Or if they had 'walk on water' ability, that might help them avoid mobs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I fear they will release the 3rd legendary pet, which might be the giant turtle... b:cryb:cryb:cry
    More coins to save up for...
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • SajinX - Dreamweaver
    SajinX - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm curious to find out exactly what abilities the new species will have, and what they will loook like. After the untamed culti bug is fixed this patch, hurry up and get the expansion finished devs!!! I'm really looking forward to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    natedog97 wrote: »
    Honestly I am having a hard time with everyone saying that the new land will be south of Dreamweaver... I have seen it myself and does seem very plausable... However It would create some major issues for players once they reach lvl 20 and have to travel from Arch.
    While you have an interesting point, couldn't they just swim around the high level area? I suspect there will be more underwater areas along the way that lead up to Archosaur, but that's just a guess.
    natedog97 wrote: »
    I honestly believe that placing the tideborns main city east of arch would be much more practical.... After all Arch is the "center" of the world and for all purposes acts as the hub for everything.
    While you may be right, I'd be surprised if they changed the location from where it is now.

My further question would be, will this add new territories to the map? Thus more territory war locations? I'd have to guess this will be true, since another major city will be added for the tideborn.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    My further question would be, will this add new territories to the map? Thus more territory war locations? I'd have to guess this will be true, since another major city will be added for the tideborn.

if anyone were to take a good close look at the world map... you'll notice that we only have access to 1/3 of the full map. which leads me to believe that as more content is released, we will eventually have a MASSIVE world to explore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    if anyone were to take a good close look at the world map... you'll notice that we only have access to 1/3 of the full map. which leads me to believe that as more content is released, we will eventually have a MASSIVE world to explore

What do you mean? The only thing that oppose our movement is the world boundary and dungeon gate. Which 2/3 inaccessible part are you talking about? Or is the full map much larger than the world map?
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

If that's true then it'll take even longer to fly from one side of the map to the other.b:cry

I'm tired and should be asleep. Everyone stop posting on all threads for a couple minutes so I get bored and sleep.b:cute
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • gadan13
    edited September 2009
    On the map have some parts of the sea in black color maybe PW open tath areas for tideborns.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    472507.jpg
  • OOmesuOo - Sanctuary
    OOmesuOo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    why u don't belive me b:surrender

the land is already there D:

look T_T

2009-09-0311-24-33.jpg

2009-09-0311-27-53.jpg

and u can go and see by urself >.>
  • Battlebash - Heavens Tear
    Battlebash - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    can tideborn fly at the start like nite elves?
This discussion has been closed.