edited September 2009
    XD usually the bugs arent this bad.
    They just screwed up really badly.

Reply to philisia
  • Prosh - Harshlands
    Prosh - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    rushiferu wrote: »
    I was just thinking the exact same thing! But it would be pretty stupid of them... besides we're too far from the 1st of April. And some people (including me) would probably like to kill them for it xD Still... hope dies last!:/

hehe, yea, more of a joke/wishful thinking b:cute

at least i know im not the only one who had this thought cross my mind~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mmm noodles!
  • shinnasukaa
    shinnasukaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:angry THIS IS COMPLETLY UNFAIR I JUST MADE A NEW BARBARIAN AND I CANT EVEN DO ANYTHING THIS GAME SUCKS ME AND MY FRIENDS ARE NEVER PLAYING IT AGEN UNLESS THIS PROBLEM IS FIXED T.T U said it would be fixed on wednesday and now u want us to wait another week ya right
  • budah02
    budah02 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ive played about 5 or more MMos and never did i think id see a bug as big as this one last for as long as this. I am pretty sure if the bug was beneficial to players all servers would be shutdown immediatly. (Exp/gold bugs etc)

I'm pretty sure the issue is the anniversary package, which is what 20$ per purchase? It seems to me you guys are working extremely hard to keep this cash rolling in, instead of fixing major bugs. Very profesional.

By the way, to those who want to know when this will be fixed.....
    The answer is quite simple, once there done milking your spending cash.
  • summerjade
    summerjade Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree with people who are willing to leave the game because of bugs, but come on people get over it. I do have a veno I am new to game myself..but you have to take into consideration 1. its a F2P game, 2. other games have problems that take awhile to fix as well.
    If you are willing to leave the game for something that is "stopping" you from leveling then honestly you dont need to be here in the first place.
  • shinnasukaa
    edited September 2009
    but the point of the game is to lvl and get stronger but bcuz of this stupid bug i cant get my good moves so it hard to train and lvl....
  • summerjade
    edited September 2009
    If you feel like you can't get your "good" moves and what not when all other spells do is drain your mana..find a better pet.
    This bug is annoying i will admit that it IS very annoying, but it is not stopping you from leveling or becoming stronger. There are quests that help you level, your pet keeps you alive. If you feel that this is keeping you back like others have said..play another class till it is fixed, or work on your passive crafting skills and get your crafting up in level.
  • shinnasukaa
    edited September 2009
    its pretty hard expecially since i dont have a pet and the quest that i can do have monsters that are too strong ive died like 5 times now and its all cuz of this bug the producers better fix it quick or theyere gonna lose alot of players and money...... T.T
  • summerjade
    edited September 2009
    The pet quest was easy to do..at least for me. Like i said if you feel that this is not worth waiting to get fixed..then move on on your own to another game. They are not loosing money..this bug is only affecting new players to the game, so they still have there older players who are in fact still spending money..so the only "loss" here is potential to get more from new players who like the game. Move on work on your crafting, work on a new class...or if you feel that you cannot be patient to wait till this is fixed..move onto another game, but make sure that you do because it is what you want to do..not because the gms/dev's cant fix a bug..because they have stated a few times they are in fact working on it.
  • SoulHowl - Sanctuary
    SoulHowl - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What is with all the QQers in here? It'll get fixed in time, so stop whining. Go do something else for a bit. I have a veno alt, and I am affected too. It's not a big deal. Obviously, the majority of players aren't as patient as I thought...

Also, could you please stop bashing Akikoa for stating his feelings? EVerybody has their own opinion. Stop this arguing plzkthxbai.

Look u have a Lvl 60+ char u know other things to do (like crafting) when somthing isnt working... like this bug.
  • shinnasukaa
    edited September 2009
    ya they said that last week and im not a new player i just made a new barbarian and i want to play him but i cant move on
  • summerjade
    edited September 2009
    Only reason i know to work on crafting because of this bug is because people have told me to do that...that it will benefit me in the long run $$ wise. I have put a stop on leveling my veno for awhile to work on crafting myself..and testing other classes to see what is best for me i like the veno..but it was my first class so im testing around with others now.
  • phenny
    phenny Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Talk about a nice anniversary...nice gift =P a bug
  • ChesireLeo - Dreamweaver
    ChesireLeo - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:angry THIS IS COMPLETLY UNFAIR I JUST MADE A NEW BARBARIAN AND I CANT EVEN DO ANYTHING THIS GAME SUCKS ME AND MY FRIENDS ARE NEVER PLAYING IT AGEN UNLESS THIS PROBLEM IS FIXED T.T U said it would be fixed on wednesday and now u want us to wait another week ya right

-.- grow up... if you can't maintain your calm on the forums you don't belong here... we aren't all freaking out.. we aren't yelling.. we're stating how we feel... so if you can't maintain your calm you are disrupting a peace and that can cause things to go rougher..
    one thing i may never do again is fall in love... but oh well....

least i can be a lone wolf err... lion in this case and help my friends :P
  • shinnasukaa
    edited September 2009
    LOLb:laugh
  • shinnasukaa
    edited September 2009
    w.e man idc wat other ppl are doing it doesent show ppl that the game is good so think w.e u want
  • Sverrir - Sanctuary
    Sverrir - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Folks, they know it's an irritating and serious bug, and I'm sure they are working on it and not intentionally holding it back in some weird scheme to make money somehow. They will have to prioritize it and schedule it in with all the other work they are doing. Also, though it coincides with the Anniversary thing, it could be totally unrelated and have instead something to do with some prep coding they were doing for the new upcoming race...or whatever. Considering we have no clue on our end what caused the bug how can we pin blame on any one thing?

I know a lot of people, new and veteran, want to start up and play Untamed characters, but at this point we can only be patient and do other stuff in the meantime. While it is an unfortunate situation, I've certainly seen worse in past MMORPG's I've played in which whole servers have been shut down for several days at a time...at least we can still play other classes / races. I at least am willing to give them time to get it fixed and to continue to have fun with everything else there is to do in the game until they do.
  • tsukasashoji
    tsukasashoji Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Oh...seriously... I am wondering, though, whether the people who are complaining and flaming will continue to do so if they actually understand what the problem is.

I think, there is a lot of misconception as to what is actually causing the problem. I can see that there are differing opinions as to how fast it can actually be fixed, and how it should be done...

...and yes, indeed, the bug itself could be very easy to fix.

That is, if you just want to fix that one bug and create a bunch of new ones.

Understandably, I see comments where people say they work in software engineering or other programming expertise-required jobs... some say it is complicated, some say it should be fixed instantly.

But have you ever gave a thought as to how the code of this particular game is constructed?

Maybe the complaints and flames of anger really should be held unless one really understands the problem.

As for the inconvenience, I think both the GMs and the Devs are very well aware of that, and they probably are not in favor of it, either.
  • Tasuke - Harshlands
    Tasuke - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I completely agree with the above statement. People need to be patient with bugs etc. However this is not an illegal private server coded in javascript (i talk from a lot of experience on this :P)

For something people legitimately pay good money for they have a damn good reason to be angry.

I chose this game because I wanted to try something I might actually invest some time and money in but in 2 days after finding this bug it is hard to believe that the developers are interested in their business venture. Perhaps some more beta testing prior to release would have avoided such a blatantly obvious bug.

None the less. Although I myself am disappointed as well, I will continue playing a different character until this bug is fixed. Just wanted to offer my 2c as I was researching this topic upon my own discovery of this bug.
  • dieselkush
    dieselkush Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    haha im sooo late i juss found this bug yesterday and i started complaining about it today when i reached lv 20 on my barb xD well ppl should not be so angry in here it's just a game i mean go workout or jog or something while you w8 xD it really isn't the end of the world! =P hehe well now that i know wuts going on. . .time to be patient. . .=O
  • dekufang
    dekufang Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I agree with both sides... one about being patient and chillin and the other of wtf get it fixed now... but guys stay calm about it this stuff happens and like i heard another dude say its not the end of the world or an evil scheme... however i am extremely dissapointed they didnt fix it this server save patch thingy and im not lookin forward to another week of waiting so plz fix it people fix it...b:surrender
  • Saraphiene - Sanctuary
    Saraphiene - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *Long post but a happy note, may shed some un-noticed light on the subject and pretend I said this post contains inside eta as to when the problem will be fixed... this way you actually read it* :)

One thing I would like to point out that alot of people take for granted is the fact this game is FREE because the monthly service and software are free the team running this arent necissarily able to afford as big of a team/staff. While the average player whom does pay, pays significantly more on this game then other mmo's (due to the botique shop) if you seriously do the math an mmo with say.. lets use a reasonable number but 10,000 subscribers at $15.00.. they'd earn $150,000 a month plus $50.00 per game for software charges, thats half a million right there and we all know most good mmo's have well over 10,000 subscribers. Now do the math for PWI, only 20% of the subscribers actually pay money for gold on a regular basis when we do its $25-$100 a month so lets say $50 a month to be fair.

So thats 2000 accounts @ $50.00 thats $100,000 and thats really best case senario. Now obviously my numbers arent a statement of fact that are nothing more then an example but count how many people you personally know that cant or dont buy gold with real money.. now count how many people you know that do. Unless your secluded in a top end faction you should knoqw more people that dont then do.

My point is simple, a problem that may be minor to veteran players of other mmo's might actually be quite larger to a smaller staffed company due to funding. This is a GREAT game and we need to understand the anemities we have and at what price is being paid for them. Yes this should have been fixed before now providing this was a huge company charging us all a fee to begin with. But its not, so it may very well take this long and longer.

Its every single persons right to vent, it gets fustration released so for all those screaming at people to stop whining and venting.. well thats like trying to put a fire out with gasoline. Instead let people vent and do what they need.. the venting wont make the fix happen faster but it will help aleviate tention and pass the time.

(P.S. Saraphiene2 someone whom flamed earlier and I are not the same person contrary to how similar our names are.. like identicle minus the 2 lol, yet I do know her irl and I do not agree with her logic. However it has made her feel better to let out her fustration so I say to all you whom are distraught by this issue.. LET IT OUT!)

and thank you.
  • PandaXDenwen - Lost City
    PandaXDenwen - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The bug...is evilb:sad...I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO!!!b:surrender (chose a blademaster instead of a barb)
  • Saphira_Uhzi - Sanctuary
    Saphira_Uhzi - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    we can't use any no charters we make.. that is so annoying please hurry up and fix the problem...b:shedtear
  • Kweas - Lost City
    Kweas - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *Long post but a happy note, may shed some un-noticed light on the subject and pretend I said this post contains inside eta as to when the problem will be fixed... this way you actually read it* :)

One thing I would like to point out that alot of people take for granted is the fact this game is FREE because the monthly service and software are free the team running this arent necissarily able to afford as big of a team/staff. While the average player whom does pay, pays significantly more on this game then other mmo's (due to the botique shop) if you seriously do the math an mmo with say.. lets use a reasonable number but 10,000 subscribers at $15.00.. they'd earn $150,000 a month plus $50.00 per game for software charges, thats half a million right there and we all know most good mmo's have well over 10,000 subscribers. Now do the math for PWI, only 20% of the subscribers actually pay money for gold on a regular basis when we do its $25-$100 a month so lets say $50 a month to be fair.

So thats 2000 accounts @ $50.00 thats $100,000 and thats really best case senario. Now obviously my numbers arent a statement of fact that are nothing more then an example but count how many people you personally know that cant or dont buy gold with real money.. now count how many people you know that do. Unless your secluded in a top end faction you should knoqw more people that dont then do.

My point is simple, a problem that may be minor to veteran players of other mmo's might actually be quite larger to a smaller staffed company due to funding. This is a GREAT game and we need to understand the anemities we have and at what price is being paid for them. Yes this should have been fixed before now providing this was a huge company charging us all a fee to begin with. But its not, so it may very well take this long and longer.

Its every single persons right to vent, it gets fustration released so for all those screaming at people to stop whining and venting.. well thats like trying to put a fire out with gasoline. Instead let people vent and do what they need.. the venting wont make the fix happen faster but it will help aleviate tention and pass the time.

(P.S. Saraphiene2 someone whom flamed earlier and I are not the same person contrary to how similar our names are.. like identicle minus the 2 lol, yet I do know her irl and I do not agree with her logic. However it has made her feel better to let out her fustration so I say to all you whom are distraught by this issue.. LET IT OUT!)

and thank you.

Please this game is not FREE. It costs $15.00 a month to play EVERQUEST by Sony online entertainment. I pay between 20 and 80 a month here. Please don't think there not making a lot of money to give you free pleasure. They know what there doing and in fact there briliant buissness people that are running this. They are making lots of money doing this. Ther staff is large. Don't kidd yourself.
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    for me its not about being patient or going to another game because i do play alot of other games (all of them f2p except for starcraft which u need to buy the cd to play). its just that me and my gf wanted a new game to play and we found this one and we enjoyed it. so what annoys me about this bug is the slow and sluggish pace its handled and the fact that none of the higher ups even know WHEN the bug will be fixed.

and tbh this is the only game i have played that let bug that is THIS serious go by for so long and where the staff act as if its NOT a big deal or as if they just dont care(and no im not talking about the GMs but mainly the devs)...

but meh... i guess its my fault for having high expectations for this game. the whole reason i did come to this game was not only because it looked fun, but because i thought it had good service and maintained alot better then the game i mainly play right now(which is pretty corrupts and where the devs truly and honestly do not give a **** what the community thinks). but ya ill wait just like the others since i have no choice. i still have high expectations for this game, but with this bug it has now given me alot of doubts and is giving me 2nd thoughts about playing this game for a long period of time or even spending money on. and i was srsly thinking of spending some gold to get a few mounts/those pet box things that have legendary pets in them when i reached lvl 30...
  • Philisia - Sanctuary
    Philisia - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What really annoys me above everything else whit this is that well if there was somesort of notice on the main site or on the laucher about this bug i would have seen it 2 days ago when i started playing and i wouldn't have jumped head first into this bug.

So please at the very less if you don't know when this will be fixed then put somesort of warning so that new players don't have to deal whit avoidable frustration, because quite frankly when i realized about this bug and it was to late i was pretty much mad enought to kill a cow whit a screwdriver.
  • ketsura
    ketsura Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Okay so when is it going to be fixed? I just want a new character. Please dear gosh just give me a refund or a new inv $9 stone in my new character T_T it's not fair to be so bugged and have wasted $10 and have to make a new character. Then what? I spend another $10 for inventory? That's just not right. All the GMs said was "we're fixing the problem" instead of replying to me asking for a refund. This is complete BS.
  • ketsura
    ketsura Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2009

and thank you.

--Games that cost money rarely have bugs and when they do they fix them asap. I've paid them tons of money considering i have like 4 characters and then they don't even refund me for $10. If you wanna be cheap little mean people, make the game cost money. Don't **** people over, thx.
  • KainRaynier - Heavens Tear
    KainRaynier - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ketsura we all think it's complete BS and to be honest it comes off to me when they say "We're working on it." (the dev's that is) That they're saying, "we'll get around to it when we feel like it, sucks to be you guys." That's just me ya know, feels like they don't really care they just want money from the anniversery pack and **** everyone else.
This discussion has been closed.