Untamed Cultivation Bug - post here

Options

Comments

• klova
    klova Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    Bug fix priority is not dependent on the volume of complaints.

HAHAHAHAHA, your funny... if one person complains about something, your telling me you would be just as concerned about the issue compared to if a million people complained? somehow i doubt that, but if you say so...

anyways, thank you for acknowledging this bug, and please, i beg of you to fix this as soon as physically (and safely) as possible. ty
  • Rukidek - Heavens Tear
    Rukidek - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    ya well it doesnt matter about how much we complain hmm???

Well we're gonna complain because its a big thing to mess up on i mean ya you guys are gms but serioulsy go to the dudes house thats supposed to be fixing it and give him a frying pan to the head for all of us untamed out there

woot woot first gm to do that gets $5....worth of bacon...
    mmmmm...bacon....
    "What's the matter Snake?!?!?
    You don't like girls?!?!?"

-Psycho Mantis, MGS
  • Rukidek - Heavens Tear
    Rukidek - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    no but seriously guys... your turning my upside down to a frown or however that saying goes and its not cool so i just feel that you should give us all lots of hugs and sympasize with us rather than bringing the wrath of the GM
    "What's the matter Snake?!?!?
    You don't like girls?!?!?"

-Psycho Mantis, MGS
  • Lycannus - Dreamweaver
    Lycannus - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh good, patched but no fix. The best part, even if they do find a fix, will it wotk with my current Barb or will I have to start over. No charm for this char til they say 1 way or the other, do I keep just grinding and hope I can keep this char???????????????????????????
  • jeral87
    jeral87 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    *sigh* Apparently this new patch doesn't fix the cultivation quest bug yet. Probably means letting your untamed rot for another week.

Well, not much of a problem but I'm wondering if people who level up their untamed without doing the cultivation quest will have any major disadvantages...
  • christoren
    christoren Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i have a lvl 23 barb and hadnt been able to do culti since this..... they said itll be fixed and just got on and no fix..... i kinda agree with that too.. really dont want to have to start all over again.....
  • KainRaynier - Heavens Tear
    KainRaynier - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No clue Jeral... right now i'm doing Dragon Quests and other things that will take me a bit of time as well as just chattin it up with some of my friends and helping them out with their quests. *Shrug* It's a waiting game and all you can do is sit there, twiddle you thumbs and hope they'll get it fixed soon.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Howdy all,

I just wanted to apologize to everyone who is waiting for this fix. I know how much it sets you back but we are sitting on our hands waiting for a fix just as you all are.

What I could recommend you guys do in the meantime is head over to our cultivation guide located here, scout out the cultivation quests that await you, and do some practice runs. This way when the issue is fixed, you'll breeze right through it (not to mention get a little extra EXP and Spirit while you're at it. I hear we're doing bonus EXP and Spirit weekends all month b:laugh). Just a thought. Thanks again, and we'll give you some info updates as we get it.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • KainRaynier - Heavens Tear
    KainRaynier - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Howdy all,

I just wanted to apologize to everyone who is waiting for this fix. I know how much it sets you back but we are sitting on our hands waiting for a fix just as you all are.

What I could recommend you guys do in the meantime is head over to our cultivation guide located here, scout out the cultivation quests that await you, and do some practice runs. This way when the issue is fixed, you'll breeze right through it (not to mention get a little extra EXP and Spirit while you're at it. I hear we're doing bonus EXP and Spirit weekends all month b:laugh). Just a thought. Thanks again, and we'll give you some info updates as we get it.

Ehh it's alright... I know it can be tough cause people get anxious and aggitated.. but imma take your suggestion and do practice runs lol.. I'm only waitin on two of those for now. I've done semi fine so far with just Stomp and Garrote. At least it's something and I really do hope they don't delay it any longer than next wen's. If they do there's going to be a LOT of very pissed off people and we'll probably have hell on earth/PW. O.o anyway thanks for the update there mate.
  • iamyeti
    iamyeti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So hey there Mr. Admin u run through the cultivation quest cause my friend I done been there done that 3 times...I maybe a little nubtard but there should be no reason for this. Oh and one more thing what would u have done if I had put real money into this?
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Howdy all,

double xp and spirit that can't be spent is hardly woth getting, just to be honest.. and no double drops? that kinda sucks.. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamyeti
    iamyeti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Totalitarian World...Cause we think u like it!!!
  • Barack_Osama - Lost City
    Barack_Osama - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not to start more flames or anything, but have they given a timeframe as to when this will be fixed yet? Will it be later this week or in next week's patch?
  • kinkitsune
    kinkitsune Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Not to start more flames or anything, but have they given a timeframe as to when this will be fixed yet? Will it be later this week or in next week's patch?

Latest news earlier on the thread is
    Surtr wrote: »
    Next week, maybe, hopefully, and this should in no way, shape, or form be construed as a guarantee. Until we have the fix on our internal servers and can confirm that it is indeed working, we can't give an exact date.
  • hcmetal
    hcmetal Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    The Patch came out I cannot, get into the Cult's Quest.
  • Saluqi - Heavens Tear
    Saluqi - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I failed the awareness test.

b:surrender

Is it EXP & SP, or only EXP?

*moonwalking bear emoti*
  • nufcmichael
    nufcmichael Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I was not so mad about this until they made an update today and did not even care to fix the bug...
  • Zikmorf - Harshlands
    Zikmorf - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I used to play hero online for about a year, never really encountered a bug, except when I was in the beta but that's what a beta was for.

I also play eve online, yeah it's different as you have to pay for it, but they run on one server, any bugs that crop up are fixed usually within an hour maybe two, it means they have to shut the server down for that amount of time, but if that would help they should do that, if some people can't stand to be away from the game for a couple of hours, they need sunlight lol. Hard to believe they can't fix this bug after... what 2 weeks?

But what you gonna do? It's a free game at the end of the day... well unless you want something good then you gotta pay but still, it's how they make their money, just wish they'd give a slight care to the newbies of the game who can't get this quest.
  • rumba
    rumba Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    time is over - I don't play without that quest. May be I come back when this world becomes a bit more perfect - bb
  • Kaire - Harshlands
    Kaire - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I can see why everyone is annoyed, I mean I am too. I only just started playing PW and found I could only run around without my Culti but I'm not hee-hawing at the GMs because they honestly can't do anything.

I'd almost finished the culti quest before the server went down. b:cry If only I'd run faster!

But anyway, I've played online games (freebies) that have glitches and had to go down for maintenance. Sometimes a quick fix isn't the best thing to do. The devs need to find the issue, isolate it and fix it. Then test it on a closed server to make sure it's running correctly.
    Them doing one quick throw down fix for this one bug could cause a massive bug in return and then where would we be? Flailing about, watching our characters float in the air while mega monsters that are supposed to be level 4s kill a level 100 Veno in one hit.

I saw a few posts of people saying they would quit or something. I mean, it's a bug. Yes it effects your character drastically and you shouldn't level up over 20 (so you can complete some of the quests without a problem). I thought about starting an Elven character but I think I might just hold off since my Veo is a level 19 already. I have a big project I have to finish for class and PW has been sucking up my time. b:chuckle

Anyway, optimism time! Try and make the best of things guys! A bug isn't good for PW either.
    Unhappy players = Unhappy future customers
    Unhappy customers = No Zen/Gold bought
    I'm sure the devs are kicking themselves to get a fix out. (If they find one maybe they'll do an early maintenance run.)
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    GMs, be serious, why don't you rll back the servers to 175 where it actually worked, update after the fix is found. this is bugging alot of people, and it's a showstopper bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orphin - Dreamweaver
    Orphin - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But what you gonna do? It's a free game at the end of the day... well unless you want something good then you gotta pay but still, it's how they make their money, just wish they'd give a slight care to the newbies of the game who can't get this quest.

Free or not, they make plenty of money off of their boutique to drop what they are doing and fix a MAJOR glitch that effects an entire race. But thats my opinion...
    GMs, be serious, why don't you rll back the servers to 175 where it actually worked, update after the fix is found. this is bugging alot of people, and it's a showstopper bug.

A rollback would be useless and more hurtful than helpful seeing as its only one glitch and essentially an easy fix as long as they find the corrupted code.
    Plus, many people have move on very far without that quest into their 30's and 40's. So im pretty sure those hundred or so people would be super P.O.ed if they did pull a rollback.
  • antoniusiv
    antoniusiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    so it might take another week to fix this bug?????
    i cant even do my quests because i dont have any skills...it has to get fixed fast.....
  • goddessoffates
    goddessoffates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Ok I have been playing about a week, this is one time I wish I would have read the forums before playing. My veno is lvl 25, I had no idea anything was wrong til someone asked me if I had done my lvl 19 fb. I just used the boutique to up my safe and inventory. I do hope I am not going to have to remake my veno when this gets fixed.
  • antoniusiv
    edited September 2009
    Options
    no with the bug the only thing that changes is that you wont be able to learn any new skills...... you wont have to remake anything.....
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I have to return to one of my earlier statements,
    turtlewax wrote: »
    ... does anyone here believe that there's any chance that the devs are not going to fix a bug this important?

I now, based on the last patch notes, believe the devs do not consider this a high priority bug.
  • Kiljaedean - Dreamweaver
    Kiljaedean - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well so much for fixing it with the next patch huh? I mean seriously is it ever going to get fixed? Got to say I am kinda disappointed that this doesn't rank up there in problems needing fixed asap.So are we going to have to wait a 2nd week to get this problem fixed. If it means taking the server down to fix it then do it, I honestly dont think we as players or untamed should be put on the back burner so the dev's can piddle away with next expansion stuff.
  • antoniusiv
    edited September 2009
    Options
    look....truth is we dont know how hard it is to fix this.....maybe thats what takes them so long.....BUT it is not very nice knowing that 1/3 of the server has serious problems and giving a patch that doesn't help them at all.....
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Free or not, they make plenty of money off of their boutique to drop what they are doing and fix a MAJOR glitch that effects an entire race. But thats my opinion...

A rollback would be useless and more hurtful than helpful seeing as its only one glitch and essentially an easy fix as long as they find the corrupted code.
    Plus, many people have move on very far without that quest into their 30's and 40's. So im pretty sure those hundred or so people would be super P.O.ed if they did pull a rollback.
    rolling back the server is not the same as rolling back characters, the server could be easily done untill a fix is found, they just need to add the ani packs to the 175 update, not that difficult
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    everyone spam there inbox go go go b:bye
    http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    Quit.
This discussion has been closed.