v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver
    RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I happen to charge zen all the time.I have put hundreds if not thousands of real life money in this game. It just so happens that i have gold sitting on my acct now that i could very easily spend on these anniversary packs but i simply refuse to do so because i see the imbalance that is being created by them. When people spends 100's of hours in an instance to obtain materials to craft an item that is at one point rare and well deserved because they worked for it that is a "natural" imbalance of power . The anniversary packs are dumping these "rare" items into the game and causing an unnatural imbalance. The other thing i see these packs doing is FLOODING an already flooded market with billions of in game coin. The economy does not need more coin in it to fix it. It needs to be drained of the coin that is already present. While i do agree that the price of gold is a problem it is only the tip of the ice-berg as far as problems go. People are upset some have left the game some are waiting to see what will be done about the current problems and have plans of leaving the game if nothing is done, others arent really bothered by the current events and have no intentions of leaving. My concerns are for both long term and short term players alike. Long term players are being essentially told their time and efforts to obtain awesome gear was for nothing charge some zen get the item u once had to work hard for. Short term players dont stand a chance of having nice things unless they charge zen and sell the gold in the AH for an overly inflated price. GM's and Dev's need to get this problem under control and taking a week to compile information and evidence is not a good way to fix the problem. I am very relieved that these guys are not Dr.'s and we the patients if that was the case we would all be dead by the time they "gathered" enuff information about our current situation. Yes fact gathering does take time but honestly how long does it take to see that the economy is floundering esp after 159 pages of posts i think that is apparent it is also apparent as to why the economy is in the state it is in now. How long does it take to see the anniversary packs contain items that will create an unnatural imbalance of power in the game. How long is it going to take PWI to put a bandage on this gaping wound that THEY have created..............and when they do will it be enough???

Well said. Like I said in my last post... there seriously should be a rollback. Shut down the servers, rollback all the gear obtained through these packs, and get rid of the gear from the NPC. Duke rubbing it in everybody's face that someone got Lunar gear in an INSTANT when it took someone probably MONTHS to get it, is a BIG Slap to the face.

Perfect World, you've probably made close to $10,000 alone in the past day... but you're really upsetting your paying costumers. I proudly own a pair of Serapheric Mist, fully upgraded, that I paid for with my hard earned cash. But when I see that someone can get something better for 1 gold if they are lucky and that gets rubbed in my face... I feel bad about the investment I made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i just figured id ask. has there been any discussion or statement or anything about what they are going to do?

I already gave out most of my stuff before leaving but i figure id ask.

by the way i was a gold buyer. i probably spent more money on this game then i would have a p2p but i enjoyed this game. goodbye PW. i may sign on from time to time and mess around but no more business from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • reallydisappointed
    reallydisappointed Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i just figured id ask. has there been any discussion or statement or anything about what they are going to do?

I already gave out most of my stuff before leaving but i figure id ask.

by the way i was a gold buyer. i probably spent more money on this game then i would have a p2p but i enjoyed this game. goodbye PW. i may sign on from time to time and mess around but no more business from me.

The only statements that i am aware of is that they are gathering information on the matter and that they will be reporting this to their superiors...as to when the fact gathering will end nothing, as to when the report will be filed nothing as to when we can expect to know wat is going to happen nothing as to when we can expect something to be done nothing. i have come to the conclusion that they will no longer see my credit card number on their monthly balance sheet as for leaving the game at the moment i dont particularly feel like playing but truly love the PEOPLE more than the game IF i stay it will be for the people not the game and like i said PWI can expect to receive no more money from me.
  • Trelwyn - Sanctuary
    Trelwyn - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Unless they start placing advertising in-game, the staff and servers have to be paid for *somehow*, and the cash shop is it.

Personally, I think it would be awesome to feed my Shadou Cub a Coca-Cola instead of pure water. Especially if it gave extra damage for x amount of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Intelligence is knowing how to cast a Fireball... Wisdom is knowing not to drop it on yourself."
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    f2p you say? to survive - this game has become more expensive that any p2p I've known about. yes, you DON'T have to but gold, but is there a choice in such competition?

I'd rather pay to play...
    Not pay to make the game pointless and easy.

It is cool to give away prizes like this - but wouldn't it have been a more "economical" idea to have fash, mounts and other shiny (but pretty pointless) stuff as the prizes?

This IS dismotivating. This game has become dismotivating.

Peace, I'm out. b:bye

PS. Learned one thing from this whole buzz - Pay to Play - FTW, in the long run.

So anyone wanna buy all my trash for $1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So.. 160 pages anything new?
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • FinalDays - Harshlands
    FinalDays - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PWI does not care!, i think that is pretty obvious, they are trying to keep the QQing in one thread and trying to drag it out with "information gathering lolz" in the hopes we will get bored and stop posting.

Makes me laugh all those people spending $1000 on this game to get items when this game will more than likely be gone in 2 months or the servers will be dead.

Its pretty obvious how pissed the community is just by looking at this thread and how long it is and by going ingame but still no announcement or information on what's happening, just spoons running damage limitation (hope they pay you well).

They managed to **** of 90% of the community (F2Pers and CSers alike) in one go, that's some achievement at least.

I wont spend another penny on this game and i dont see them doing anything to rectify this problem.
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    funy ppl still saying they are leaving hahaha cant stop b:laugh gues 4 good reason i am still on but iff i see still server dead ill have 2 look for new game
    pvp isnt fun anymore without the drama it hade everyday and my revenge goes down the drain with those high lvs whyyyyy whyyy did PWI hade 2 do this why did it hade to drain the core high lv in 2 days b:angry
    lost city just feel like a shell off its former glory
    meet a veno with zen who lved 10 lv from lv65 to 75 in 24 hour is THIS what PWI have become 10 lv from 65b:shocked u knew how long it takes TYYYY

PWI desapointed venomacer
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Whoo hoo! LoL! This is awesome! Now if we could just get the original whisper color back as well!

If the person is in your Friend List then it is purple, otherwise it's Blue...

OT--> I noticed HT was not as crowded as it usually is over the last couple of days... If that is any indicator.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear
    Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Actually, I left shortly after the update that gave everyone those damn laggy 'bugs' flying around their heads. So, let them **** it up as much as they want.

I feel kinda bad for the people employed there, though.
  • RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver
    RevanKhaos - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Is there any way of making an Open PW Server? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vezz - Heavens Tear
    Vezz - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    eatwithspoons,

Could you explain why this situation has not been foreseen by any of the people you are working with ?

As xarfox mentioned here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4019882&postcount=4, why was it more important to release the anniversary box then the "large amount of content" he is referring to ?

The problem might not be this particular situation, the problem is that it will happen again. Some players were complaining about Jolly Jones spring packs, now this is even worse. The next time it happens with an even worse patch, I hardly imagine the amount of threads to close you will have to deal with.

Regards,
    Vezz
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the problem is...its gonna last for a month. Can you at least make the duke shut up once for all? its annoying b:shutup
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Imagine how much this event screwed over the people that stocked up on JJ B shards to sell for later. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Imagine how much this event screwed over the people that stocked up on JJ B shards to sell for later. >_>

i did it with oraclesb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

i bought 4x Immaculate Citrines for my chest before Jolly was around 3-3.8mil each and i bought 4x imma citrines for wrists before Anniversary around 2.4-3.2mil each..and now those imma citrines goes for 800k each b:victory
  • Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    i bought 4x Immaculate Citrines for my chest before Jolly was around 3-3.8mil each and i bought 4x imma citrines for wrists before Anniversary around 2.4-3.2mil each..and now those imma citrines goes for 800k each b:victory

Ya a big bummer for people selling g6 and g7 shortly after the Jolly Jones event. It's like a big slap in the face to people who buy/sell and invest their money. Now g7 citrine can be bought on the market for ~200k each....
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    PWI buy all your gold back and sell it low , to reduce price :(
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Gildorn - Dreamweaver
    Gildorn - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't even wanna know how much gold is gonna cost in the last day of this so-called event.
  • agamemnoch
    agamemnoch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I quit PW-MY at version 182 or 183... can't remember now for sure.
    I DO know I left because I couldn't afford to blow $500-$1000 to play a video game.
    There were no Genies or even hints of rumors of a new race in PW-MY, no Anniversary boxes either.

Is this a coincidence? Do the version numbers matter?
    I don't know, could be something, could be nothing but it makes me wonder about other things too...
    Do the people who run the game have any control over it at all?
    Do the people who run the game just install updates according to a scheduled formula dictated by a distant entity?
    Why can't they shut the Duke up? How hard is it to disable ONE NPC in a game you run?

If I ran a game that I advertised as free to play with cash shop I doubt I would tolerate the type of outrage I am seeing from my community after I installed an update like this. If I ran a game I would know the impact my changes would have because I would know my game (design and playability wise) and if I made a mistake or something slipped through I like to think I'd react faster. (We did when I was just cranking out code for companies like Johnson & Johnson, RJR, AT&SF, etc.)

I guess what I'm saying is I really don't think there is much point to raging about this anymore. I'm pretty certain that the gap between those who can afford anything they desire from CS vs those who can't will continue to yawn wider and wider. Advantages are one thing, insurmountable advantages are another.

And I'm also nearly convinced that nobody with English as their native language is capable of doing a darned thing about any of this.
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why do you all persist in posting on this thread? Nothing is going to happen, eatwithspoons is just a **** who likes to give people false hope. Just get over it. PWE sure as hell have and thank you for your money.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Why do you all persist in posting on this thread? Nothing is going to happen, eatwithspoons is just a **** who likes to give people false hope. Just get over it. PWE sure as hell have and thank you for your money.

Accusations aren't allowed on this forum man. I don't have the power to instantly fulfill every suggestion in this forum, but that doesn't mean I'm doing nothing. Duke will be gagged at the next maintenance, other things may happen too, but I obviously cannot discuss things that have not been 100% confirmed yet.

Having said that, I'll go back to not posting about the subject until I hear something b:victory
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't even wanna know how much gold is gonna cost in the last day of this so-called event.
    Accusations aren't allowed on this forum man. I don't have the power to instantly fulfill every suggestion in this forum, but that doesn't mean I'm doing nothing. Duke will be gagged at the next maintenance, other things may happen too, but I obviously cannot discuss things that have not been 100% confirmed yet.

Having said that, I'll go back to not posting about the subject until I hear something b:victory

Oh yes, lets gag duke with your "spoon" whilst he is an annoyance, naff all else is gonna' happen in terms of what other people want. Granted you may not have the power to do anything, you give of the impression that the community does but we don't.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Oh yes, lets gag duke with your "spoon" whilst he is an annoyance, naff all else is gonna' happen in terms of what other people want. Granted you may not have the power to do anything, you give of the impression that the community does but we don't.

Your whining is ridiculous. Just wait...omg how hard is it. If you do not want to wait and see, then leave.

Did you whine when Santa Clause did not bring you your toy fire engine? b:surrender

As for "what may happen"......I think that it would be a huge mistake to remove these Packs. The second round of QQ/Whine would ensue. People will deal with it. For heaven's sake it has only been like 2 days. b:surrender

(My suggestion however....Make the Chest of Coins and Perfect Hammers more worth while in this game. Some of us are sitting on 30+ -.-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Did you whine when Santa Clause did not bring you your toy fire engine? b:surrender

No, I whined to my parents, since I actually knew they had some power over it xD.

(Sorry if I dispelled the myth of Santa Claus for anyone reading this.)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    No, I whined to my parents, since I actually knew they had some power over it xD.

b:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    But.......but.......then........but the toys........EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

that was funny manb:chuckle

On topic.

there are so many treads about this issue. I have posted in some but appears that I dont understand why people are angry or I am simply different?

you are mad because something you worked hard for. its way easier to get now?

Well this happens everyday in the real world. You better get used to it.

the move will benefits most of the players. I will expeculate a bit but I suspect that better items are coming and those will be hard to get.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    agamemnoch wrote: »
    I quit PW-MY at version 182 or 183... can't remember now for sure.

u sure dont remember cause current game version in pw-my is 53 :P

they just got that genie/memory leak patch lil bit over month ago or so ^^
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Actually he hasn't given us , "ME" the slightest hope at all. idk even know wtf is going on to help this problem other then ppl giving suggestions. although now that he said they're going to strangle duke next patch i feel a little relieved. TY Spoons for info

Your whining is ridiculous. Just wait...omg how hard is it. If you do not want to wait and see, then leave.

As for "what may happen"......I think that it would be a huge mistake to remove these Packs. The second round of QQ/Whine would ensue. People will deal with it. For heaven's sake it has only been like 2 days. b:surrender

(My suggestion however....Make the Chest of Coins and Perfect Hammers more worth while in this game. Some of us are sitting on 30+ -.-)

O_o i thought 3 or 4 days so far ?!?!?!?!?
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
This discussion has been closed.