PWI is NOT dead...Nor Dying..

Comments

• dorm
    dorm Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If they reduced it before some people actually obtained that level. Otherwise its another f. you to the higher level players.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dorm wrote: »
    If they reduced it before some people actually obtained that level. Otherwise its another f. you to the higher level players.

Well I guess they could "spill over" experience if they did that. This game keeps track of your total experience earned right? Then wouldn't lowering some experience for some levels simply allow those in the 100+ range gain a free level or so depending?

Course they could very well just say too bad so sad which would be kinda lame... ;;<.<
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    oh god *facepalm*

that wasn't funny, there are ppl who wasted weeks inside instances

Weeks?!?! LOL.. more like months to farm CV gears and now you can just click them to yourself from CS. GG. Also the OP should not post anymore since he obviously has no idea what he is talking about.

Also heard Harshlands has Warsoul weapon now too... click-n-pwn or is it more like cc-n-pwn,
  • dorm
    dorm Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well I guess they could "spill over" experience if they did that. This game keeps track of your total experience earned right? Then wouldn't lowering some experience for some levels simply allow those in the 100+ range gain a free level or so depending?

Course they could very well just say too bad so sad which would be kinda lame... ;;<.<

No it goes to 0 at the beginning of each level, of course it is possible to know how much experience someone should have based on their level and work back from there
  • Noc - Harshlands
    Noc - Harshlands Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think they should of made the weapon's more obtainable in the 1st place. As of now it's nearly impossible to farm them and that's why they resorted to handing them out. Suggestion for the expansion, make it hard to get the weapon's, but dont make it impossible.
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Right.
    But people dont really have the time, or money to spend on this stuff.
    I do understand the fact that people are getting them for hardly any work at all b:chuckle
    But I have no objection to it :P

ur an idiot. thx. b:victory
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    amusing how the pro-pwi thread doesn't get locked

pretty cool thread, and a cool story from a guy who talks to mobs b:chuckle
  • healspam
    healspam Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well I've read most of this thread and coming from another game I can safely say this:

PWI won't die but from now on it will be free to play but pay to pwn. I used to play conquer online, and without spending any money on the game I could hold my own fairly well. Now you need to spend ~$1,000 on the game to be decent. Obviously I left. I was hoping PWI wouldn't go down that road but it seems like it is. I just started playing but I put a huge emphasis on PvP and I know what happens when endgame gear is given away to someone with a credit card.

PWI won't die, but if you want to be decent be prepared to shell out a lot of money.
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i guess ill we the worst PWE playing veno on LOST city PWI cos i aint paying 1 miljion coin 4 a singel charm and less 1 singel zen 2 our GM unless they remove those OP weapon from cash shop and

thats my 2 cent b:victory
  • syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i guess ill we the worst PWE playing veno on LOST city PWI cos i aint paying 1 miljion coin 4 a singel charm and less 1 singel zen 2 our GM unless they remove those OP weapon from cash shop and

thats my 2 cent b:victory

in other words, ur going to quit?
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    OMG OMG

Unfortenelly all carebears think like this guys. GM see this and think "We made then happy".

Next update: lvl 90 oracles and free lvl100 weaponsb:bye
    GOGO PWI
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    dorm wrote: »
    No it goes to 0 at the beginning of each level, of course it is possible to know how much experience someone should have based on their level and work back from there

I think you misunderstood. I'm just going to make up numbers to try and explain what I mean just a little bit better.

Lets say for each level after 100 it cost 200exp (purposely using low numbers for easy math :D) so from level 100-105 it is a total of 1,000 experience.

Now lets say the level cap was raised and each level after 105 required 200exp but the 100-105 level range now only costs 100exp. That is 500exp the player has lost unless they use a spill over system meaning a level 105 player now would suddenly be 107 and halfway to 108.

That is what I meant if their experience were to "spill over" if they ever shortened the leveling process.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think they should of made the weapon's more obtainable in the 1st place. As of now it's nearly impossible to farm them and that's why they resorted to handing them out. Suggestion for the expansion, make it hard to get the weapon's, but dont make it impossible.

it was never impossible for people to get endgame gear, it just takes a while to do it, and that is how mmorpg is suppose to be, you are suppose to work very very hard to get the best item, not lottery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    you might as well play a private server if you enjoy everything being handed to you on a silver platter.. UGH!
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is what a friend of mine said on guild forum, I hope this'll put the whole event and why people are quitting into perspective:

"Since not a lot of you are Lv 90+, I'll explain something.

The map Old Heaven's Tear is the first map in the series of 4 you can get. You get the 2nd and 3rd maps at Lv 90 after doing the cultivation and such.

That being said, certain items only drop in the 2nd and 3rd maps from specific mobs, namely Wraith's Eyes, spirits, and claws.

I used to sit in the 2nd map (Old Unicorn Forest) for hours on end, killing mobs and doing a repeat quest to get Wraith's Spirits. The average speed of collection is 28 per hour.

The item I was going for requires 18560 of them.

New patch: You can get that item by spending a dollar. I saw 4 of them today.

2 weeks of farming for 1224 spirits, and a box comes by where people can just buy the item..."

No wonder there's a lot of angry high levels b:shocked
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    PWI was my first MMO, I spent like 8 months leveling my wizard to lvl83 (on Lost City), but then I gave up and haven't logged on since june... I now play the MMO we all know :P, pay2play one :P. And now I see what a waste of time and money PWI was. I spent a total of 200$ on PWI. And I'd still need to spend more to mean anything. Lots more. And 200$ ... it'd be enough to buy the game I play now + 2 expansions + 10 month fee... or something about that. And there is fun in that game. And because everyone pays the same, everyone has a chance. And after 4 years since the release new people are still joining.

I mean, I really liked PWI, but after lvl80 it gets so stupidly grindy... I mean, there really is no fun in killing the same mobs over and over. exactly the same way for weeks after weeks...

But, even though I'm not playing anymore, I feel sorry for the game losing its players. I logged on to check how the things are going and was really sad to see that pretty much noone from my old guild is playing anymore. There were like 30 people playing everyday, and now there is noone...

Everybody has rerolled veno, has a phoenix... someone who's not cashshoping can't really play anymore... I mean, you do need charms to grind, and you can't get enough money for charms from grinding. This game was looking very good at the beginning, but it went the way all cashshop games go. New player who doesn't want to spend real life money or wants to spend just a little (like 10-20$ a month) will never become good, especially @ pvp. To be good now you need to spend thousands. And I just can't afford that.

Thank you and bye, I'll log sometime to see how its going, maybe it'll turn out ok?:P
  • Daddude - Sanctuary
    Daddude - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold prices are a symptom of a bigger problem in PWI. The problem is that the amount of available coins grows and grows. There are not enough things in the game that eat coins. Coins are simply passed from player to player via cat store sales. Gold is so high because there are enough available coins to buy gold for 400K each.

Imagine an economy that keeps injection more and more printed currency into the game, yet the NPC prices do not get inflated. PWI is happy that people are buying all this gold for boutique items now but eventually that will taper off. I used to buy gold charms but now it is far cheaper to by potions and herbs.

It costs 2 mil to buy a hammer to open a box worth 1 mil.

The coins need to be sucked out of the game or the economy will never stabalize and boutique items will become more worthless each month.
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    HT and LC released same day ! :P
    Oh, sorry. On oldest PvP server.
    This is what a friend of mine said on guild forum, I hope this'll put the whole event and why people are quitting into perspective:

"Since not a lot of you are Lv 90+, I'll explain something.

The map Old Heaven's Tear is the first map in the series of 4 you can get. You get the 2nd and 3rd maps at Lv 90 after doing the cultivation and such.

That being said, certain items only drop in the 2nd and 3rd maps from specific mobs, namely Wraith's Eyes, spirits, and claws.

I used to sit in the 2nd map (Old Unicorn Forest) for hours on end, killing mobs and doing a repeat quest to get Wraith's Spirits. The average speed of collection is 28 per hour.

The item I was going for requires 18560 of them.

New patch: You can get that item by spending a dollar. I saw 4 of them today.

2 weeks of farming for 1224 spirits, and a box comes by where people can just buy the item..."

No wonder there's a lot of angry high levels b:shocked
    Wow, I actually feel sorry for you, wasting time in unicorn forest...
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Gold prices are a symptom of a bigger problem in PWI. The problem is that the amount of available coins grows and grows. There are not enough things in the game that eat coins. Coins are simply passed from player to player via cat store sales. Gold is so high because there are enough available coins to buy gold for 400K each.

Imagine an economy that keeps injection more and more printed currency into the game, yet the NPC prices do not get inflated. PWI is happy that people are buying all this gold for boutique items now but eventually that will taper off. I used to buy gold charms but now it is far cheaper to by potions and herbs.

It costs 2 mil to buy a hammer to open a box worth 1 mil.

The coins need to be sucked out of the game or the economy will never stabalize and boutique items will become more worthless each month.

Perhaps have an event where the only way to participate is to pay with coins? Kind of like Jolly Old Jones but only with coins, not with GA's?
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Next Week:

10% BONUS ZEN TO EVERYONE WHO TAKES OUT A SECOND MORTGAGE ON THIER HOUSE TO BUY GOLD!!!!!!
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ok spoon asked not to flame so i'll try and put it in a gentle way

you my best man are a **** >_< you cash shop and you're lvl 80 and not 90+
    alot of 90+ ppl spent their time and ingame money on trying to obtain those very hard to get objects and now suddenly ppl with alot of cash or gold to spend can just get those objects just like that ,

they don't need to work for anything anymore cuz now they can just buy it AND THAT is what killed the game
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    this event is total bs. giving everyone end game gear for 1 gold, w00t. my gx/gear has become n00b overnight. funny story, the director of my guild spent 2months geting his HS.
    he pops on in themorning, and i QQ to him on vent about how ****ed PWI is. he logs on, says in whisper "dude, ima get another HS with 23 gold!"..... "Hoshimi has acquired lunar glade insignia:weapon" i loled at him so hard, that bow he spent 2 months working on, dumped 100m+ into, he acquired with 23 gold... 23 gold....

Good Job PW, this game is dead.

FYI, im not complaining because iv ehad no luck. i started event with 300k, i now have the gold cape, and g14 forests wisdom helm. im still quitting ^^
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think its pretty amusing that about 75-90% of the people on the forum are all different people expressing their discontent with this recent patch, and the people who are flaming them are the same people, over and over and over, in different threads.

I think the majority has spoken :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • fenris218
    fenris218 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    About Gold Prices (Heaven's Tear only), 1st day 1gold/250k (300k end of day 9:00pm PST), 2nd day 1gold/323k (350k end of day highest gold price was 410k), I don't know how long this will last...
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    just a quick thing if you say " deal with it, its just a patch" or agree with it just b:shutup<
    , or just read a thread "People worked there **** off for these things and now noobs like you can get them for 1 gold" so stfu btw you can get 10mil with just 2 tokens of best luck hint: trade 2 for 10million big note and sell it to a merchant=10mil=keep buying gold=keep getting money| Did i mention its for a month o.O see where this is heading in 1month everything is going to be overpriced people who started playing wouldn't even be albe to offered anything. Not just taht but when you get your end game armor what is there to do o.O can't really pvp nobodies gonna try when you have a 12 gem and a warsoul weap with your armor that high... yah..
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • lesspewpewmoreqq
    lesspewpewmoreqq Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    fenris218 wrote: »
    About Gold Prices (Heaven's Tear only), 1st day 1gold/250k (300k end of day 9:00pm PST), 2nd day 1gold/323k (350k end of day highest gold price was 410k), I don't know how long this will last...

when will you people learn that gold prices are a mere byproduct of the real porblem at hand.

Bottom line: the game will not die, but it lost a lot of competitive people. All that remains are the wanna be's who couldn't amount to anything significant against true players
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I mean, you do need charms to grind, and you can't get enough money for charms from grinding.

My charm rarely even ticks when grinding if at all so I can't see how I'd need a charm to grind. The charm helps out in instances and that's about it. I also don't spend cash on this game and am considering going charmless since they really don't help much. What's ruining the game is having invested in great equips only to have them devalued continually like there's no point in trying to get ahead. Anyone can log on and do WQ and BH daily for levels, and equips are practically given away now. Why even care about the price of CS items when everything else is offered up for easy grabs, and CS items are unneeded? The game is getting boring because the boring path is the path to getting ahead now. Working for stuff has become almost pointless.

^89 veno
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I personaly dont care about the endgame gear thats being handed out like FB19 weps, I'll get mine the hard way when I get there. All I want is 3 best luck tokens and the flying beetle... If people do leave then that means less PKers and less competition for those of us that will stay and new people will join, they join every day anyway so now they'll have a chance to get through stuff after lvl30 easier (like I said, less PKers/competition)...

This event might not be so much of a death as a rebirth of sorts as some people leave and the map changes owners. Come on, people at least on my server have been QQing for months over CQ & RQ, I havent heard any QQ since this event started about eather of them although I've heard some from them. Just yesterday I saw Diakoku out of guild so maybe change is, I don't know what it is but whatever it is it'll be interesting for us that stay to see...
  • lesspewpewmoreqq
    lesspewpewmoreqq Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If people do leave then that means less PKers and less competition for those of us that will stay

(like I said, less PKers/competition)...

Do you realize how pathetic you sound? Go play a single player game and type in your cheat codes there.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I personaly dont care about the endgame gear thats being handed out like FB19 weps, I'll get mine the hard way when I get there. All I want is 3 best luck tokens and the flying beetle... If people do leave then that means less PKers and less competition for those of us that will stay and new people will join, they join every day anyway so now they'll have a chance to get through stuff after lvl30 easier (like I said, less PKers/competition)...

This event might not be so much of a death as a rebirth of sorts as some people leave and the map changes owners. Come on, people at least on my server have been QQing for months over CQ & RQ, I havent heard any QQ since this event started about eather of them although I've heard some from them. Just yesterday I saw Diakoku out of guild so maybe change is, I don't know what it is but whatever it is it'll be interesting for us that stay to see...

Hate to burst your bubble but if you think this going to change TW maps you've got another thing coming... You think the top factions on any given server have no CSers among them, or that they don't have savings? The people that couldve actually challenged them are the ones leaving en masse (dedicated high levels) and even if the factions loose the better part of their base theyve still got the most experienced players, as well as a wiling crowd of "rich" noobs that will eat up being recruited because of their gear...

The only thing that will happen is oposition will be weaker and the top dogs will become more obnoxious... It's not like people work for their levels the way they used to, now it's just loging everyday and giving your guildies charms so they'll take you on RB...

Edit; yea, less competition sounding good to you does mean you may actually enjoy this. Previous poster is right.
This discussion has been closed.