PWI is NOT dead...Nor Dying..

Comments

• Akikoa - Dreamweaver
    Akikoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *sigh* I know I've raged a bit in a few other threads, but I've been thinking. You know, they could NOT give us events at all or even care to give us updates if they didn't want to. And some of the arguments in here are true, it could mean that these endgame items could become semi-endgame soon. Hell, they're giving us a new race. Most of the rage is stemming from the gold prices, the way people are getting all these items and the mounts for the people that were here on a certain cut-off date. Well, like I said....they could give us nothing at all. None of this has destroyed the game, it's depends on the players scope of perception as to how the game is to be played by them. Some play it for purely pvp, which is what is causing the majority of unrest here because it "unbalances" it. Some only play it for the effort that it took to get those items, it may tick you off that you took the time and effort to get it. Big deal, it's a game and you took the time to get it so stop complaining. You've got it before those people that have gotten them from these packs, so very few that there are, and that makes you far superior to them. Who says them being able to get these items for "free" stops the rest of the players that don't get them from still getting them the hard way? It's all the way you play the game.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Many people on my server are complaining and QQing over WC saying "RIP PWI" and "This Game is dead" Along with a few angry words pointed at the GM's..
    So why do these people say the game is dead?
    Is it because of gold prices?
    Is it because all the rewards from the Anniversery packs?

Well, lets start with Gold prices.. Theyre so high because Everyone Wants anniversary packs. And many of those people buy gold from the AH.
    People who bought the Zen, and have the Gold sell it to you people...for a higher price to Make money themselves. Because they know you want the gold bad enough, to pay Top Dollar for it.
    b:victory I myself, have bought an extra 50g this week b:sin and i'll be releasing it on the shop soon enough. b:laugh

The rewards from the Anniversery packs..
    I have no problem with this, as they make Hard as hell objects to obtain...more obtainable.
    For Example..

Citrine Gem. Lvl 10 Grade gem. One of the HIGHEST and most expensive gems there are in the game. Something you'd Never see.

To make 1 Citrine gem, you would need 1.2 Million Shabbys. Or 150 Immaculate Gems. Way out of reach, but not impossible.
    Not to mention the Diamond of the Dragon! Wanna know how many Garnets you'll need to make that?
    Diamond of the Dragon = 139,968,000 Shabby garnets

So.. in closing this patch and event is not killing PWI, or the economy.
    The gold prices will obviously go down after the event..
    The packs are just making near impossible to obtain objects, more obtainable.

And if you dont agree with me, and you truly DO Believe that this game is ruined. I have one thing to say to you.

RAGEQUIT

b:victory Peace out, Pwi lives on

Your logic is correct, but you really don't understand why people are so pissed off. It's one thing if you make a couple hard to get items suddenly easily obtainable (misty forest rings, sky demon's pearl). The people who paid 7 mil for a misty forest ring only to have it drop to 1.5 mil in value got a bit screwed over, but whatever it's a game. When you make it so that people who spend a dollar on an anniversary pack can get gear that people who have spent HUNDREDS OF HOURS farming lunar mats can't even get, that's a problem. Cash shop is meant to give an advantage to players that want to spend cash. However this advantage should still be small enough that people who don't want to pay can make up for it with a bit of extra effort. I don't know about you but I feel bad for the people in my faction who have spent months and months farming for mats to make their lunar gear, and then some random level 60 gets the exact same weapon because he paid 50 dollars. Also almost every 90+ that sharded their gear with flawless+ gems got screwed over. Flawless citrines used to be 800k, now they're 200k. If you haven't seen your hundreds even thousands of hours put into this game become a complete waste then you have no right to tell other people to stop complaining. Many people feel that there is no longer any incentive to actually play the game; why run TT's, why do rebirths, why farm gear, when you can just pay some money and get whatever you want? Before the anniversary packs, there was a limit to what money could get you, now that limit is almost non-existant; players that don't cash shop no longer have any reasonable means to compete with players that do cash shop.
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Do you realize how pathetic you sound? Go play a single player game and type in your cheat codes there.
    No, mind explaining? Its either pathetic because you took what I said out of context as most of it had to do with the noobs that will and are joining not having so much to worry about OR its pathetic because I enjoy doing quests in peace on ALL my chars and think that maybe, just maybe there are people playing that will enjoy not having to run from pathetic noob pkers OR having to go help lowbies PMing them because they keep getting pked by people 3x 5x lvl above them... So which is it?
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    like they said on the other thread a F2P MMORPG is based on a silent pact where cashshoppers gets an advantange but they still have to "work/play" hard for gears etc.

the new patch broke this apparently by giving away ENDGAME gears, not 80 gear, ENDGAME

my imo is that u support all this as zen charger for the profit u can take out of it, no offense

ur wrong how can this be end gear ? if there comes an expansion u really think a company would do somthing like this without thinking about it? i mean think about it this can only mean better is on his way ... b:laugh this a company they do think well thought count on it expansion previeuw new classes .. this for sure is not end gear im positive

and people had to rush didnt they?? they wanted it they got it ... and payed for it now QQ for it hahaha sad XD

oh btw : ayano i misssss uuuuuuuuuuuuu =p just a lil tho
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
    edited September 2009
    Hate to burst your bubble but if you think this going to change TW maps you've got another thing coming...

TW map changes every week, there is always at least 1 land that changes owners and yes, I do think this will change things even if its barely enough to notice anything. A .01% of a change is a change and I have seen tw that were won or lost do to just numbers of people, not lvl's just people...
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    PWI was slowly dying well before this event came out. Not being nostalgic but pwi is not half as fun/exciting as it was several months ago.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ur wrong how can this be end gear ? if there comes an expansion u really think a company would do somthing like this without thinking about it? i mean think about it this can only mean better is on his way ... b:laugh this a company they do think well thought count on it expansion previeuw new classes .. this for sure is not end gear im positive

and people had to rush didnt they?? they wanted it they got it ... and payed for it now QQ for it hahaha sad XD

oh btw : ayano i misssss uuuuuuuuuuuuu =p just a lil tho
    90-100 is endgear dude

level after 100 is too hard and no1 will ever reach the 105 cap for at least another year (probably more) so every good equipment from 90-100 can be called endgame, especially the ones that takes a lot of weeks to farm

Edit: +crit boots are not endgear ? is that gold cape easily and cheaply (does that word exist?) replaceable ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    90-100 is endgear dude

level after 100 is too hard and no1 will ever reach the 105 cap for at least another year (probably more) so every good equipment from 90-100 can be called endgame, especially the ones that takes a lot of weeks to farm

Edit: +crit boots are not endgear ? is that gold cape easily and cheaply (does that word exist?) replaceable ?

soo if lvl100 is end of game ?
    whats this then ?
    mmmmw.jpg
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No, mind explaining? Its either pathetic because you took what I said out of context as most of it had to do with the noobs that will and are joining not having so much to worry about OR its pathetic because I enjoy doing quests in peace on ALL my chars and think that maybe, just maybe there are people playing that will enjoy not having to run from pathetic noob pkers OR having to go help lowbies PMing them because they keep getting pked by people 3x 5x lvl above them... So which is it?

Play on a pve server if you dont like pvp...
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Akikoa - Dreamweaver
    Akikoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    whats this then ?
    mmmmw.jpg

I love how in the auction house you can see things that haven't been made available to us yet.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    90-100 is endgear dude

ever heard of pw [other region] ??? :O :O end gear my behind XD

aww thought we was famz sry
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    please keep discussion of other versions out of this forum b:victory
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    ohhh i think the map will change i will post why b:laugh
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    please keep discussion of other versions out of this forum b:victory

umm sure thing ?? o.0

cant u give a answer gm ??? plss do help ppl out of there pain .... or wassup ??
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    PWI was slowly dying well before this event came out. Not being nostalgic but pwi is not half as fun/exciting as it was several months ago.

I do not know if the PW is dying or not. but there is no reason for people like me only spend a small amount of real money to play any more. people do not spend a lots of money can work harder to compete with those real cash spender before, it is no longer the case any more. For people only play PVE, this is a great game, the high gold price and all endgame gears dropped from the box does not really affect PVEer a lot. for PVPer, you spend a lots of real money or leave the game is basically the only 2 choice.
    Recent events also changed how people play this game, we used grind a lot to level up, with current price of oracles and BH quest, a lower level player can level much faster then most of us can think, what will happen after then get to 80/90 plus?
    Not complaining, since I have enjoyed this game for almost a year. I will still be here once in a while, i will also login to the game to talk with all those old friends, may even do some instance run with them when I have nothing else to do, but my play every day time is gone. good luck every one, this is a great game, enjoy yourself.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    this is what gave me a lil hope that the game will change if not ok i quit too ofcourse but just a lil ... i hope they do it tho b:chuckle

Hello ******, We have taken your suggestion into consideration. Thanks for sending an email. We appreciate all the feedback! We have also noted other player ideas for TW improvements in the Suggestion Compilation sticky. If you have any additional ideas, please reply back. We will also accept .jpeg screenshots of your ideas too.

up to u if u belive or not

i mean common if they dont change they kill themselfs right?? ... all just send tickets do it !! help change it to the game we want and stop complaining bout event its not that great u spend 200 dollar for 1 good item? so yay the 1s that get payed lol ... common peeps i think u all a bit sad here sry to say ... gm giving out more info bout expansions and stuff maybe wise sooo many are bound to leave pls do before ur to late =/
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    whats this then ?
    mmmmw.jpg

You can get to lvl 150 in a couple of days on the "private" servers... don't even have to do any cultis. Gear the level you're showing on your screenie is meant for the true elite, and yes, thx to RB and BH there might now be enough 9xers that some may now actually aspire to equip that in a couple of years. A high level is meant to be a sign of acomplishment tho, lvls 90-100 are meant to be endgame for well over 99% of all players and unless they bring down the nerf hammer on the whole game, it will remain so.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Then those people should be playing a single player game or hello kitty online, not an mmorpg.

And it's not that they did hardly any work, it's that they did no work what so ever, apart from charging zen.

Wrong, I know of a squad who beat Lunar Glade on squad mode on sanctuary. Granted, they were all high level, well geared, and dedicated. And it's people like that who are supposed to have such gear.

Yes, ftw. If you spend the time farming world bosses for perfects and making your way from there. Most definitely not ftw in the hands of a level 30 noob.

Which is why, and you'll forgive me if I sound condescending here, you don't deserve to have it.

But I'm done, a debate with you obviously isn't possible, not about to derail this into a flame war.

Here's the reason^

"I and my friends should be the *only* ones to have this gear, 'cause we're 133t and much better than you. You are all n00bs, and you don't deserve a .02% chance at getting a awesome, bangin' weapon like that. *You* will never see a weapon like that, and that's the way it should always be."

Before I read this one, I thought the HighLevel drops were a bad thing, but that the angst would pass. Now I've changed my mind.

You're wrong about "seeming" condescending - you are. I can't think of a better reason on earth to hand out ridiculously high weapons to random strangers than to irritate the **** out of self-righteous high-level players.

Thanks for helping me to see the light.

RedMenace

\good job getting us on your side here
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009

cant u give a answer gm ??? plss do help ppl out of there pain .... or wassup ??

Answer about what specifically? I've given numerous answers in many threads
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You can get to lvl 150 in a couple of days on the "private" servers..

sry my english is lil bad but u think that screen is from priv server?

its taken on HT server 2009-04-08 so 5months ago =)
    edited September 2009
    Play on a pve server if you dont like pvp...

at no time am I saying I don't like pvp server, think about it I'm lvl 83 (nearing 84) and on this PVP server since the 18th december (why under my avvi says feb idk), nearing a year. Do you honestly thing that I'd be on a pvp server or have any char that high lvl in a server I don't like... I dont think so
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It was my knowledge that as the level cap was raised, the gap of EXP between 103-104 and 104-105 etc etc is dramatically decreased?

Is that true or just some made up BS?
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    about the fact if 100-105 is end game o.o pls

well im sry if i didnt see ur other posts i dont go on forum that much but i see the game is different u can feel it even lawl ... i dont play the game to read forums for hours i play the game to play online in the game not on explorer ^^ sry if i missed them but i would like to know if lvl cap stays 105 ?:O if u can answer me that thanks man
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here's the reason^

"I and my friends should be the *only* ones to have this gear, 'cause we're 133t and much better than you. You are all n00bs, and you don't deserve a .02% chance at getting a awesome, bangin' weapon like that. *You* will never see a weapon like that, and that's the way it should always be."

Before I read this one, I thought the HighLevel drops were a bad thing, but that the angst would pass. Now I've changed my mind.

You're wrong about "seeming" condescending - you are. I can't think of a better reason on earth to hand out ridiculously high weapons to random strangers than to irritate the **** out of self-righteous high-level players.

RedMenace

Try this:

We should be the ones to have it because we worked hard and put in the time and effort to acquire these items.

If your not willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get the high level equips, then you don't deserve them.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    sry my english is lil bad but u think that screen is from priv server?

its taken on HT server 2009-04-08 so 5months ago =)

No, i didn't mean to imply i thought the screenie came from a private server, it was just a point about how effort is a relative thing, if i said i was level 105 in a private server it would mean nothing. If someone said that in here i would be amongst the first to congratulate them, it really would be an impressive acomplishment to reach the level cap. As things stand lvls 90-100 means endgame. Yes, there are a few players that have gone beyond that, i have nothing but respect for them and they are but a handful... I'd hate to be in their shoes the day a change is made that allows others to catch up without putting in nowhere near the effort.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    in a way true but u never now some have more time then others ... i dont mind it for our server only landowners could afford this .. so its ok b:victory or u woulda payed thousends or been bussy with it half an year i mean common be glad for event tokens cheap u can get allot with them too b:victory 89+ skills ect ...
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    in a way true but u never now some have more time then others ... i dont mind it for our server only landowners could afford this .. so its ok b:victory or u woulda payed thousends or been bussy with it half an year i mean common be glad for event tokens cheap u can get allot with them too b:victory 89+ skills ect ...

All your bases are belong to us.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    At first I was like "dayum" after seeing all the stuff you could get with the anniversary packs. Ponehs in the cash shop and now this. I'd be ticked off too if I was like a lvl 90. Anniversary packs aren't permanent (or are they) so some people are gonna get some kewl stuff out of this. Look at it this way. If PWI didn't do anything for their 1 year anniversary then some people would be complaining why they didn't do anything. They did and guess what? People are QQing and threatning to leave! Those people who threatened to leave were probably gonna leave anyways and give their money to someone else. And hey it's their choice. Whatever makes you happy and have fun. b:bye
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It was my knowledge that as the level cap was raised, the gap of EXP between 103-104 and 104-105 etc etc is dramatically decreased?

Is that true or just some made up BS?

No, no, silly, the gap isn't decreased.

What happens is that Oracle9000 is placed in Cash Shop, and gives 1M XP for killing Kun Kun. (The price has yet to be decided.)
  • Otorien - Lost City
    Otorien - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Here's the reason^

RedMenace

TRANSLATION:

"You guys figured out how to get the weapons, put in an immense amount of work and achieved it. We're too lazy and useless and are just looking for instant gratification so it's good that we can simply buy our way to the best stuff in a few clicks. Why should anyone ever have to work for anything?"

Sorry GM but that's all I read from this guy's posts. Yes, the higher levels sound elitist, blah blah blah but here's a newsflash, there's nothing we've done that can't be repeated by those willing to put in the time. Just because you guys can't be bothered doesn't make it right.
This discussion has been closed.