PWI is NOT dead...Nor Dying..

Comments

• Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Players that 'earn' gear are leaving

wrong...im not leaving ^^

only ones who are leaving or saying that they leave are lil teens who got bad luck with Anniversary Packs..if you gona leave pls do it already no need cry on forums cause noone care :P and pls mail your stuffs for me before you uninstall game ty b:kiss
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why don't people have any etiquette?

Why do people complain about complaining?

Don't they find that odd [hypocritical]?
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well what I don't understand is why are ppl saying there quitting then you see them on WC saying WTB and WTS, I was like wtf i thought this person said he quit lmfao
    the ppl who are saying they quit are just saying it becaz they can't get there way and are mad becaz lvl 30's got better stuff then them ahaha and these are the ppl who said they hate QQers
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    OK... stay with me here...

Maybe this is actually a BRILLIANT strategy from PWI. I can't tell you how many posts I've read (and written) about the price of Gold.

Then came Jolly Jones... who was going to suck coins out of circulation and bring gold back down to "reasonable" levels (understanding that 'reasonable' is a VERY subjective term) :)

SOO... He came, he went... gold moved marginally down... got as low as 170k on DW.

But it pretty quickly moved back to that magic 200k+ marker.

OK... are you still with me...
    How do u get people to spend the ENORMOUS amount of coins they obviously have sitting around still?? basically CREATE A LOTTERY! And thus Anniversary boxes exist.

SURELY, by the end of all this, people's "coin" resources are going to be pretty much used up... what happens then?

Economy has to settle back down because people don't have any more coins to inflate it with!

OF COURSE, the only problem I can see with this theory is...
    If those who HAD huge amounts of coins, bought gold, bought boxes, got really valuable stuff, sell that really valuable stuff in game... they still end up with a huge amount of coins. SO the rich may get richer and the poor, poorer...

I hope that's not the case. But all in all, I think this could be a REALLY smart move for PWI :)
    (my 2 coins worth)

But that only realy works if the coin is going into a type of money sink void and vanishing. If the coin is moving from one person to the next it still exsist and will circulate. Thats what pwi was trying to do with the jones event with having to spend 100k (or GA's) to get the packs. The 100k would be given to jones and then vanish off the server.

The only problem was being able to use GAs as well which where are bought from the CS. Thus you need gold for that. Reguardless of wether the GAs wher bought from other players or not they had to come from the CS. So if pwi realy wanted to get rid of some of the coin from the economy they should of just made it the 100k to get the packs from jones not GA's as well.

So all this even has done is put up gold prices because of demand. Hopefully after this event the gold prices will go down, but I still cannot see it ever being below 150k again let alone 200k

Anyway tahts just how I see it b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This event has provided people who were previously weak to have a good chance to become stronger and much richer (mainly the zen chargers). Those already rich and strong will become insanely stronger.

What this event do to PWI? Just like a star that is about to die, first it will shine brightly then it will fade to oblivion. PWI just made an insane amount of money from this event at the same time gold and charm prices are at an impossibly high level. I see 2 possible problems with this:
    1. The reason we kept playing this game is to gain endgame gear and max it. Right now PWI just handed that to richer players on a silver platter. Once you have everything you ever wanted, what will you do next? Well...the game will get more boring, but hey, at least you can brag to your friends you got some uber character on PWI.b:chuckle

2. High gold prices and charm prices will make playing at high level far more difficult than before. The main enjoyment that high lvls have is to pvp because at high level grinding will only give you a meager 100k-200k exp per hour. To pvp successfully or at least to survive a fight, you have to have hp charms to keep you alive. Charms are at 1 mil each now for gold hp. Who can afford this? So now you only have zen chargers who can pay for hp charms while non zen chargers can't afford these charms. Would the non-zen become stupid enough to PK when they can't even afford a GA or hp charm? I would hope not. But then if there is no one to fight...where is the fun? and if there is no fun...why would the zen chargers continue to play and pay for this game?

Give that a thought. PWI might not be dead, but so far every indication showed that it has lost many high lvl players. I just entered and won the weekly mount race on snake island after entering 1-2 minutes late. Then I got frozen/slowed/stunned 10+ times while trying to race. Despite all this I still won...you know why? There were only 5 people in that race that I counted. 5!!! It used to be an enjoyable race with 20+ people with mounts. Winning doesn't mean it is fun at all. b:cry
  • luanaka
    luanaka Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have just started a month ago and already decide to quit. The anniversary pack has ruined for me cause i feel it's no longer a challenging game. In all game, peoples are competitive they want to be the best and have the best gear like i do. It's no longer fun when you see peoples with warsoul equipment running around and didn't have to work hard for it. item that is hard to get is what make a game interesting and ppl work hard to get it. People with money are just buying their way to the top.

Only way i'll come back if they did a rollback, if not well good luck to all ya
    edited September 2009
    luanaka wrote: »
    I have just started a month ago and already decide to quit. The anniversary pack has ruined for me cause i feel it's no longer a challenging game. In all game, peoples are competitive they want to be the best and have the best gear like i do. It's no longer fun when you see peoples with warsoul equipment running around and didn't have to work hard for it. item that is hard to get is what make a game interesting and ppl work hard to get it. People with money are just buying their way to the top.

Only way i'll come back if they did a rollback, if not well good luck to all ya

leave then quitter
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • Sellah - Sanctuary
    Sellah - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol bye b:bye
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I noticed that most of the flames against people expressing their thoughts about this game and deciding to leave come from....low lvls. Oh well, it's time for a change in PWI anyway for better or worse. Have fun where ever you go, everyone. The important thing is that you don't neglect taking a walk now and then and just enjoy the wind outside your home.
    edited September 2009
    I noticed that most of the flames against people expressing their thoughts about this game and deciding to leave come from....low lvls. Oh well, it's time for a change in PWI anyway for better or worse. Have fun where ever you go, everyone. The important thing is that you don't neglect taking a walk now and then and just enjoy the wind outside your home.

im prolly low lvl but hai ppl its only game...and what comes to Anniversary Packs..so far ive opened 5 of em got only luck tokens..my lvl75 friend opened 4 packs and got lunar glade insignia and im happy for that he got it i havent got anything from this event and i really dont care whos getting "end game" stuff =)
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    im prolly low lvl but hai ppl its only game...and what comes to Anniversary Packs..so far ive opened 5 of em got only luck tokens..my lvl75 friend opened 4 packs and got lunar glade insignia and im happy for that he got it i havent got anything from this event and i really dont care whos getting "end game" stuff =)

many ppl do though, which is why the rage is happening. and it's not irrational that they care about ppl buying their way into end game, because pvp imbalance (more imbalanced that is), hard work vs. money, etc. Bottom line is that it ruins the game for a lot of people.
  • luanaka
    edited September 2009
    The pros and cons of this event

Pros: they gain money

con: they lossing player
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    luanaka wrote: »
    The pros and cons of this event

Pros: they gain money

con: they losting player

And obviously, when they lose players they lose money
    so they charge more to make up for lost money
    so more players quit
    *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    And obviously, when they lose players they lose money
    so they charge more to make up for lost money
    so more players quit
    *sigh*

not likely, since the ppl who leave are a combination of people who F2P and CSers that got crappy items. Lose in profit wouldn't be much since many hardcore CSers still remain.
  • luanaka
    edited September 2009
    not likely, since the ppl who leave are a combination of people who F2P and CSers that got crappy items. Lose in profit wouldn't be much since many hardcore CSers still remain.

the hardcore CSers will eventually get the good item and they won't spend anymore, and the Losing profit will get depress and quit. it's already hard to get the good item from the anniversary gilf so the % of losing profit is bigger then the one gaining the good.
    edited September 2009
    well this event is something I ignore mostly becaz i dont us cash shop so have no reason to care plus i dont take wat the ppl who say they will quit serious
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well i will stay unactive til october since where the hell i am gonna get the money for good refines not to mention that with the huge costs of charms TT will be done less and its mats costs will sky rocket so i am not able off affording that to
    this is like the worst event yet since it ruined later gameplay
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2009
    Isn't losing players a good thing? Don't mmos usually get 3x more players for each one that quits? At this rate we could get 5 new servers. b:laugh
  • porkypigz0r
    porkypigz0r Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    wrong...im not leaving ^^

only ones who are leaving or saying that they leave are lil teens who got bad luck with Anniversary Packs..if you gona leave pls do it already no need cry on forums cause noone care :P and pls mail your stuffs for me before you uninstall game ty b:kiss
    Oh ****, really?! Go on the oldest server - Lost City. Tons of 90+ there who had worked for their gear, now low/mid levels beg remaining high levels to help them because TONS and TONS of 9x left. Guilds are becoming empty, nobody has the real need to play anymore while even most people didn't bother to open it, even though they had over 100million in their pocket. Game lost it's interest, end to it. You play on a PvE server where the gear matters only in TW, not everywhere else, while on Lost City you get PK'ed while doing your world quest, now imagine someone camping vol10/16/17/27/28/29 with a +10 warsoul weapon, 1 hitting you all the time... That's no fun. So don't talk **** if you don't know anything.
    well what I don't understand is why are ppl saying there quitting then you see them on WC saying WTB and WTS, I was like wtf i thought this person said he quit lmfao
    the ppl who are saying they quit are just saying it becaz they can't get there way and are mad becaz lvl 30's got better stuff then them ahaha and these are the ppl who said they hate QQers
    We do hate QQ'ers, but tell me any reason why they shouldn't hate it? Some level 30 got an item that takes over 2 months of work just in 1 click. Did you really know how it is to work? I mean really, I wanted the gold boots gr13, I farmed for around 1 month and 2 weeks for them and only got half-way. NOW, you just farm 2-3 day in HH, sell the mats, exchange money for gold and get the better boots. All you do in threads is just say how people are stupid and jealous while you never worked for any of your **** yet.

People saying that PWI is dying... PvP servers will die eventually, PvE will stay.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I really do still like this game enough that i would hate to see it gone. But it's gonna get pretty rough for those of you who are staying... the ones that do play and matter anyway...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ...for cash shoppers

ur on a carebear server, the OP-ness wouldnt really matter to you b:bye

yes i know you can press ur cute little pk mode on/off button, but if you pvp heavily you wouldnt think that the anniversary packs are so great, they allow Cash Shoppers to completely destroy those who play in the F2P world.

I'm not saying PWI is ruined, but pvp in any server just got more exclusive.

We are not on carebear server.

What end game gear I haven't gotten any?Did you see who owns most of our server.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The game isnt dying, its just going through a transition, which it would have done anyway when a certain P2P, limited flying, korean grindfest was released.
    people do have valid concerns about how this will affect PvP but who knows what the next expansion will bring, the goal posts might be moved, and what is endgame classed gear now might not be then.
  • Eleckzar - Heavens Tear
    Eleckzar - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    @OP: Funny **** having a lvl8x noob talking bout the game being oh so great.

If you had your IQ in the double digits you wouldnt compare G12 gems to shabbies when world bosses drop perfect or w/e they called gems everytime they die.
    If by adding big numbers you wanna show the weight of your arguement then please go back to grade school and stun your class by chalking up 1k on the board.

Far as events go, last time I logged in there was another "event" to "drain the economy". So by putting up back to back "events" and "draining out the economy" are the devs Really trying to balance out the economy or create a unbreachable gap between the cash shoppers and the Others? So cut the "things go back to normal" BS cause if that was to happen, it would have happned a month back already.

Again, why is it a noob from the sanctuary talking something stupid on the forum...yet again. Stick with your FB drop looting policies like most(not all) dumbasses from sanctuary talk big about.

And priceless tardedness at the end of your post, not that the start or mid sections failed at the tard factor.
    You ask people to RAGEQUIT after putting them thru the distress of reading your BS or hitting in tl/dr(after reading it) while your post Title tries to fool people into thinking everything is doing Just A-OK.

You might be living proof that monkies who know to type a keyboard do troll the internet o_o
  • dorm
    dorm Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For those that suggested increase in level cap, I will post some leveling comparisons I did on Nef forums:

This is the leveling curve until level 99, doesn't seem too steep, please bear in mind this incorporates the xp wall at ~lvl 70 a lot of people have trouble with:

firstcurve.png

This is the leveling curve until level 105, to get an idea of the comparison, the sudden turn around, is at level 99, i.e., the basically flat line before the massive curve? = the entire of the chart above.

secondcurve.png

looking at the unofficial xp requirements for higher than level 105 puts the curve even worse, although they are unofficial, so I do not use them for a graph.

People getting to level 105? 1-2 years for people currently 101 atm, people getting past level 105? I highly doubt it
  • Eleckzar - Heavens Tear
    Eleckzar - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    On a good note. If anyone is playing on HT server, I still got a hell hound, xmas cookies and some other random junk/goodies that I forgot to give out before I logged off last time...
    Soooo if you can convince me why I need to download those patches (before that time when the 3 mounts came out in the CS) you`ll get some free goodies :D

All except noobs who blatantly ask for items like Eternalnub. After all anyone who used to bum around with that reseller Ju$tice is just bad quality...
    edited September 2009
    dorm wrote: »

People getting to level 105? 1-2 years for people currently 101 atm, people getting past level 105? I highly doubt it

You will find with a lot of MMo's the xp needed to reach the cap ( in this case 105) is extremely high, for the simple reason it adds a soft cap aswell, the last thing they want is everyone 105 within a year. now if they raised the hard cap to say 115, then they could reduce the amount of xp needed to reach the previous cap level.. and the new soft cap level would be 110
  • dorm
    dorm Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    MMO's never, or very rarely, change xp required to level, this to be quite honest, anyone should understand. People farming to get 105 currently, an expansion comes out, you honestly believe that they would decrease the xp required to get to 105 and just trash everyone who has been working for 105?

That would be MMO development 101 fail.

Althought, based on the latest packs b:chuckle
    edited September 2009
    Oh ****, really?! Go on the oldest server - Lost City

HT and LC released same day ! :P
    edited September 2009
    MMO's never, or very rarely, change xp required to level, this to be quite honest, anyone should understand. People farming to get 105 currently, an expansion comes out, you honestly believe that they would decrease the xp required to get to 105 and just trash everyone who has been working for 105?

lmfao ya and most of the mmo's we have played aren't like this one
    plus they will decrease it becaz to get to lvl 104 to lvl 105 is 4billion exp
    so u fail
    edited September 2009

If they changed it so a new player could get to 105 in 4 months then yes it would be major fail, but IMO they could safely reduce the xp needed for 100-105 if a higher cap was introduced
This discussion has been closed.