PWI is NOT dead...Nor Dying..

RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Many people on my server are complaining and QQing over WC saying "RIP PWI" and "This Game is dead" Along with a few angry words pointed at the GM's..
So why do these people say the game is dead?
Is it because of gold prices?
Is it because all the rewards from the Anniversery packs?

Well, lets start with Gold prices.. Theyre so high because Everyone Wants anniversary packs. And many of those people buy gold from the AH.
People who bought the Zen, and have the Gold sell it to you people...for a higher price to Make money themselves. Because they know you want the gold bad enough, to pay Top Dollar for it.
b:victory I myself, have bought an extra 50g this week b:sin and i'll be releasing it on the shop soon enough. b:laugh

The rewards from the Anniversery packs..
I have no problem with this, as they make Hard as hell objects to obtain...more obtainable.
For Example..

Citrine Gem. Lvl 10 Grade gem. One of the HIGHEST and most expensive gems there are in the game. Something you'd Never see.

To make 1 Citrine gem, you would need 1.2 Million Shabbys. Or 150 Immaculate Gems. Way out of reach, but not impossible.
Not to mention the Diamond of the Dragon! Wanna know how many Garnets you'll need to make that?
Diamond of the Dragon = 139,968,000 Shabby garnets

So.. in closing this patch and event is not killing PWI, or the economy.
The gold prices will obviously go down after the event..
The packs are just making near impossible to obtain objects, more obtainable.

And if you dont agree with me, and you truly DO Believe that this game is ruined. I have one thing to say to you.

RAGEQUIT

b:victory Peace out, Pwi lives on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RawrzWolf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    like they said on the other thread a F2P MMORPG is based on a silent pact where cashshoppers gets an advantange but they still have to "work/play" hard for gears etc.

the new patch broke this apparently by giving away ENDGAME gears, not 80 gear, ENDGAME

my imo is that u support all this as zen charger for the profit u can take out of it, no offense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    inb4lock

Instead of that dramatic post, why dont you just try this:

"I am lazy and want to be spoonfed"

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yadda yadda yadda I'm an idiot more yadda yadda and bla bla

And if you dont agree with me, and you truly DO Believe that this game is ruined. I have one thing to say to you.

RAGEQUIT

b:victory Peace out, Pwi lives on

That's just it. People don't agree with you - they're ragequitting. Have fun playing a game with like half of its current population, if the forum polls are anything to go by.

So no, pwi isn't dead. But if this patch truly did cut its population by half, or less for that matter, it most certainly is dying.
    b:dirty
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    I dont see how that would ruin the game..
    Those weapons are put there so that people can get them and use them. Thats what theyre made for. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Those weapons are put there so that people can get them and use them. Thats what theyre made for. b:chuckle
    oh god *facepalm*

that wasn't funny, there are ppl who wasted weeks inside instances
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    inb4lock

Instead of that dramatic post, why dont you just try this:

"I am lazy and want to be spoonfed"

b:bye

...What the heck? <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    oh god *facepalm*

/steals a bamboo sprout to gnaw on

oh no wait

/facepalms too
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'll try to leave it open since it is not a flame or in direct reference to the patch. Please try not to flame this into the ground
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    oh god *facepalm*

Thats true tbh, the boxes could have just contained "birthday" items that were not makeable ingame.. people might not still have been happy though
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    picard-facepalm.png
    *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lmaonade1xp
    lmaonade1xp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    ...for cash shoppers

ur on a carebear server, the OP-ness wouldnt really matter to you b:bye

yes i know you can press ur cute little pk mode on/off button, but if you pvp heavily you wouldnt think that the anniversary packs are so great, they allow Cash Shoppers to completely destroy those who play in the F2P world.

I'm not saying PWI is ruined, but pvp in any server just got more exclusive.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

Ok here's the kicker. In order to get them, first you have to level up to high 90s. Then you gotta farm for months to refine your gear so you have lots and lots of hp and pay for the charms you'd spend inside the instance.
    Then spend another couple of months actually getting the materials needed for the GREEN version of the item. Then farm TT 3-2/3-3 to obtain 4 super rare gold items needed to make the gold version of the item (or pay nearly 600 chips and 10mil fee for one).

Oooor of course you can buy a crapton of gold and crack open an anniversary box.

Sinkin' in yet?
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Ok here's the kicker. In order to get them, first you have to level up to high 90s. Then you gotta farm for months to refine your gear so you have lots and lots of hp and pay for the charms you'd spend inside the instance.
    Then spend another couple of months actually getting the materials needed for the GREEN version of the item. Then farm TT 3-2/3-3 to obtain 4 super rare gold items needed to make the gold version of the item (or pay nearly 600 chips and 10mil fee for one).

Oooor of course you can buy a crapton of gold and crack open an anniversary box.

Sinkin' in yet?

Right.
    But people dont really have the time, or money to spend on this stuff.
    I do understand the fact that people are getting them for hardly any work at all b:chuckle
    But I have no objection to it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Right.
    I do understand the fact that people are getting them for hardly any work at all b:chuckle

Then youre lazy :P
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Thats true tbh, the boxes could have just contained "birthday" items that were not makeable ingame.. people might not still have been happy though

Exactly. Like I said in another thread, the packs would've been a superb idea if all they contained were mounts, aerocraft, charms and stuff like that.

Putting THE endgame items inside however, completely ruins the very goal of playing the game - leveling your character and farming the items so you could use them and progress, get better at pvp or whatever floats your boat.

As it stands now, you can buy OVER 9000 gold, grab some oracles to level, crack open an anniversary pack for a lunar glade weapon and some nifty rings, and spend the remnants on refining your gear. Gratz, you have won the game in a week.

Going, going, gone. b:bye
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I dont think this Rawrz kid knows exactly how difficult Lunar Glade is.

Much less Frost? I mean come on, on Sanctuary, no one even COMPLETED Frost squad-mode, because when you got to the last parts, it was either so difficult or bugged, that you couldnt even get the mats from those bosses. Not one SINGLE Frost gear was ever made on Sanctuary, much less any other of the noob servers. And then BAM...all of a sudden, they were handed out like candy.

I mean really, you dont see why people are so upset about this? It isnt about the other stuff, that is cool, being able to trade lucky tokens for gems, pages, subs, angels, ect. But end game gear, grade 12 gems and tomes that you cant even make yourself? That was just way over the line there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    ...for cash shoppers

ur on a carebear server, the OP-ness wouldnt really matter to you b:bye

yes i know you can press ur cute little pk mode on/off button, but if you pvp heavily you wouldnt think that the anniversary packs are so great, they allow Cash Shoppers to completely destroy those who play in the F2P world.

I'm not saying PWI is ruined, but pvp in any server just got more exclusive.

Dammit! =>.<= I wanted to start a char in a pvp server before knowing about the event...

Still gonna go play in the pvp server =^.^=
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Much less Frost? I mean come on, on Sanctuary, no one even COMPLETED Frost squad-mode, because when you got to the last parts, it was either so difficult or bugged, that you couldnt even get the mats from those bosses. Not one SINGLE Frost gear was ever made on Sanctuary, much less any other of the noob servers. And then BAM...all of a sudden, they were handed out like candy.

I mean really, you dont see why people are so upset about this? It isnt about the other stuff, that is cool, being able to trade lucky tokens for gems, pages, subs, angels, ect. But end game gear, grade 12 gems and tomes that you cant even make yourself? That was just way over the line there.

Here in HT FF items are rather rare. Very, very few people go there because repair/charm costs are immense due to the long boss fights. I've never seen a single golden FF item. Concerning LV... I've never actually tried it but I've heard it's much worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I wasnt here for the Valentines day event, so how did the valentine pendant work ? was it makeable, a quest item etc ? and couldnt a Birthday pendant have been done in this event. Just add it to the box instead of endgame gear
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

No, your right. I Dont know how difficult Lunar glade is.
    I'm only lvl 80, I've never been inside there.
    And about the end game gear and all. Without this patch&pack, they would be nothing but things we could only hope for and use the "Oh its not implemented into the game" saying as an excuse to why we cant have them.
    12 Grade gems. Well...Ftw I think.

And @ Kylley b:pleased Maybe I'm a little lazy, but i dont really want to grind for weeks in places like Frostcover :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pwnar - Harshlands
    Pwnar - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I think people should stop QQ'ing about the patch, and learn to cope with the results just like every other patch that has come out....b:surrender
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Right.

Then those people should be playing a single player game or hello kitty online, not an mmorpg.

And it's not that they did hardly any work, it's that they did no work what so ever, apart from charging zen.
    And about the end game gear and all. Without this patch&pack, they would be nothing but things we could only hope for and use the "Oh its not implemented into the game" saying as an excuse to why we cant have them.

Wrong, I know of a squad who beat Lunar Glade on squad mode on sanctuary. Granted, they were all high level, well geared, and dedicated. And it's people like that who are supposed to have such gear.

Yes, ftw. If you spend the time farming world bosses for perfects and making your way from there. Most definitely not ftw in the hands of a level 30 noob.
    And @ Kylley b:pleased Maybe I'm a little lazy, but i dont really want to grind for weeks in places like Frostcover :)

Which is why, and you'll forgive me if I sound condescending here, you don't deserve to have it.

But I'm done, a debate with you obviously isn't possible, not about to derail this into a flame war.
  • poverty
    poverty Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I`m pretty sure I`ve seen you sell the Perfect Iron Hammers and Gold charms on WC before. (@ the person who made the thread) Not sure, you or some other barb.
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009

So what, you dont want to go in Frostcover? Why? Cause its too boring or cause its too scary for you?

Edit: oh oh =>.>= this is going to turn in a fight...
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2009

Sinkin' in yet?

What about players in high 90's who have farmed for months, refined gear and such and still havent obtained everything needed. Same player now buys gold, cracks open an anniversary pack and there it is. Everyone has that same option and chance. Not just low levels getting free handouts, but higher levels also. Not just those who spend real money but those who also buy gold with coin. Where is the unfairness at there?
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    So what, you dont want to go in Frostcover? Why? Cause its too boring or cause its too scary for you?

Edit: oh oh =>.>= this is going to turn in a fight...

No, Its not too boring or scary. I went in there with a squad, and it was hell. Not to mention completly pointless...
    I Needed to go in there to talk to some sort of a Priest for a quest, and when i got to where the Autopath was taking me. He wasnt there...
    And None of us in the squad got a single material that wasnt something to do with a Curvade.
    -Edit: I try to avoid fights =)

And @ RisenPheonix
    I havent opened a single Anniversary pack. I have no items from it or lvl 12 grade gems or Lucky tokens or anything like that.

@ Poverty
    No, i dont sell Perfect hammers or Gold charms over WC :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poverty
    poverty Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Ah okay, must've been that barb named Thu**daarrr than or however u spell his name.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    People seems to be leaving left and right. Mostly only active high levels who spent months farming to get their gear though. To have all their gear turned worthless overnight must've been a shock.

The CSers, and inactive high lvls who log in once a week to TW and pick up payment to exchange for gold seems to be staying though.b:chuckle
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    No, Its not too boring or scary. I went in there with a squad, and it was hell. Not to mention completly pointless...
    I Needed to go in there to talk to some sort of a Priest for a quest, and when i got to where the Autopath was taking me. He wasnt there...
    And None of us in the squad got a single material that wasnt something to do with a Curvade.
    -Edit: I try to avoid fights =)

And @ RisenPheonix
    I havent opened a single Anniversary pack. I have no items from it or lvl 12 grade gems or Lucky tokens or anything like that.

@ Poverty
    No, i dont sell Perfect hammers or Gold charms over WC :]

Cool, no fight XD
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    let me see if I understand the complaints.

Aparently hard to find gear is way easier to find now.b:chuckle

Nothing is wrong with that. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.