Anyone remember the old days

Comments

• VenusFox - Sanctuary
    VenusFox - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    *waits for map reset*b:chuckle

You're living in a fairytale.. Keep waiting bc reset will never happen... b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You're living in a fairytale.. Keep waiting bc reset will never happen... b:victory
    Oblivious pple will eat their words lol. You would be surprised how many pple have speculated new changes and have for the upcoming ones. Hope you keep your sig as is in the next half year b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TheHunter_ - Sanctuary
    TheHunter_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i wud luuuuuuuuv to see map resettin' b:pleased
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Map reset really won't make a difference...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheHunter_ - Sanctuary
    TheHunter_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009

maybe true...and very unlikely it wud even happen! but still..i wud luuuuuuuuuuuuv it!b:pleased
    edited August 2009
    I think most of us are just looking forward to pple dispersing like flies on a b:fatb from facs b:chuckle purely amusement
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    Miriade - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I would rather see new lands and places available than a map reset. Because map reset would make many ppl stop playing, what is not the objective of PWI.
    edited August 2009
    I would rather see new lands and places available than a map reset. Because map reset would make many ppl stop playing, what is not the objective of PWI.
    translation: I want MOAR land. I dont want pple to leave my faction.

personally I dont mind either way reset or not. Change eventually happens in time anyway with outside help or no help, just a matter of how fast or not.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i want PVE tws agian except with the mobs a uber high level
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Oh yeah... It was a very good time! b:chuckle

where u even there then ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I would rather see new lands and places so my faction can dominate them all before you weaklings can even attempt to grab hold of it.. Because map reset would make many Nefarious members stop playing, what is not the objective of PWI.

I think thats what you meant to say :)

Your faction has enough money. If you can slam a 200mil bid on a ****ty piece of land and afford to +4 your members weapons, you can afford to lose all your land and start from scratch and actually earn your title as Dominating Faction, like the old Nefarious did before you nubs came in and took over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Xiitharra - Sanctuary
    Xiitharra - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I remember back when no lands were taken. I was in nef, nwo, epic, shockwave, ledgendary, and outlaw. I helped in many TWs.

Btw what ever happened to outlaw? They disband?

The way it is now its kinda boring...even for those in nef and ledgendary.

Maybe they should have high level npcs do multiple attacks on large land owners as a way for them to lose some of there land so that other guilds have a chance to own something. Would sure make it interesting and return the map back to it's golden era.

Sure though nef and ledgendary wouldn't like it, but meh this way...TW's are dead...just boring, no fun to watch, and no way for anyone to participate. I'm surprised they never developed any system to keep TW's alive and kicking the way it used to be.

Hummm, just had an idea, and its very simple....reset the map and only allow five lands max be owned.

Anyway, its an idea for you guys, as for me I quit ths game back in the golden age when I was level 73...popped in because I am waiting for Aions open beta so either way I don't care, but for you guys it would bring the golden age back and it would always be golden...you all sure missed a lotta fun...my idea would work easily...pass it on to those who matter.

ciao
    aka ZombifiedCat
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I remember when it was rare to see someone with 89 fairy. I can't really remember shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit tbh.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i remember when i flew around in my noob days and was like Outlaw....blablabla....Nef....blablabla...Leg.....blablabla....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    where u even there then ??

Sorry? What do you mean? I can't understand your english at all.
    I think thats what you meant to say :)

Your faction has enough money. If you can slam a 200mil bid on a ****ty piece of land and afford to +4 your members weapons, you can afford to lose all your land and start from scratch and actually earn your title as Dominating Faction, like the old Nefarious did before you nubs came in and took over.

Risen... Honestly, this jealous behaviour is kinda ridiculous. No, nor NEF or LEG got their lands because GM's decided to be nice and chosed 2 factions to give lands. THEY WORKED VERY VERY HARD! And I worked also for some lands that we have now.

At all, ppl just blame Nef and Leg too much because they would like to be in the same place.
    ANY FACTION THAT WAS IN OUR PLACE OR LEGENDARY PLACE WOULD DO THE SAME AND WOULD BE BLAMED IN THE SAME WAY!

This is like politic! Any leadership will be blamed at all for every little and stupid thing! But, once they opposition get the power, THEY WILL DO THE SAME AND BE BLAMED IN THE SAME WAY!

So....

FLUFFY!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS BS!

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    edited August 2009
    Sorry? What do you mean? I can't understand your english at all.

Risen... Honestly, this jealous behaviour is kinda ridiculous. No, nor NEF or LEG got their lands because GM's decided to be nice and chosed 2 factions to give lands. THEY WORKED VERY VERY HARD! And I worked also for some lands that we have now.

At all, ppl just blame Nef and Leg too much because they would like to be in the same place.
    ANY FACTION THAT WAS IN OUR PLACE OR LEGENDARY PLACE WOULD DO THE SAME AND WOULD BE BLAMED IN THE SAME WAY!

This is like politic! Any leadership will be blamed at all for every little and stupid thing! But, once they opposition get the power, THEY WILL DO THE SAME AND BE BLAMED IN THE SAME WAY!

So....

What hes saying is that it was more of the 1st generation original nef members that worked their **** off to get the faction bigger and right now, most members are 2nd, 3rd generation pple who just joined AFTER nef got bigger. The first generation are nearly gone or quit, they worked the hardest. 2nd generation nef, they put in some work too but not as much as the original pple. 3rd generation will most likely leave the moment you guys loose 3 lands in a row.

In this case "THEY WORKED VERY VERY HARD!". Most of THEY are gone. WORKED does not mean continuing to ride a already big boat(faction) that somebody else left for you. If nef is as hard working as you say it is, then the new members should be able to do what the original nef members did. Start from nothing and be top again. (but currently there is no map reset so that is not possible)
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Who's Miriade? Lol.
  • Protanganist - Sanctuary
    Protanganist - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Who's Miriade? Lol.

She/he/it is the in-game wife of the Nef leader, pretends to be some Nef queen, and very defensive of she/he/it's kingdom of red.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited August 2009

So....

Sorry? What do you mean? I can't understand your english at all. b:chuckle
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009

So....

Well, I see I finally ticked one of your nerves.

Trust me, it is far from jealousy. I was simply pointing out that if Nef and Leg love TW -so- much, they wouldnt mind a map reset. Hell, a lot of them would be able to enjoy PvE TW's again.

1st Generation of Nef and Leg are essentially gone, with a few remaining. 2nd Generation Nef and Leg....well, they are there, but they are only absorbing each other, not much experience there really. And 3rd gen? they are the ones who are joining to get a slice of that nice paycheck, when people leave for whatever reasons.

Come on now, I doubt very many non-Nef, and non-Leg would leave this server if there was a map reset.

I dont care if the faction worked hard for it. So? Work hard for it again. No biggie.

Trust me, youll get bored eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    What hes saying is that it was more of the 1st generation original nef members that worked their **** off to get the faction bigger and right now, most members are 2nd, 3rd generation pple who just joined AFTER nef got bigger. The first generation are nearly gone or quit, they worked the hardest. 2nd generation nef, they put in some work too but not as much as the original pple. 3rd generation will most likely leave the moment you guys loose 3 lands in a row.

In this case "THEY WORKED VERY VERY HARD!". Most of THEY are gone. WORKED does not mean continuing to ride a already big boat(faction) that somebody else left for you. If nef is as hard working as you say it is, then the new members should be able to do what the original nef members did. Start from nothing and be top again. (but currently there is no map reset so that is not possible)

Ok... So, let's bring it for a real life situation that would make my idea much clear.

In many countries in this world we had wars for territories also (btw, we still having it). Many ppl worked very hard, many ppl lost theis lives, to get the territories for theis nations or also, to be independent from any other nation. It happened a long time ago in many countries and many of the ppl that fought in these wars are already dead. Then, well, the time goes on and between the population you have the young ones, that was born after all these conflicts. You have also the ones who came from another countries, looking for a different life or just enjoying an opportunity that hey have.

These ppl, that didn't fought, are also building and improving the nation.

So, just because they didn't fight for the territory they don't desearve to be there? Even if they are working hard and helping their nation to grow up?

I know the system is different but... It is the same idea...

In Nefarious we have many sort of ppl. We have the ones who fought in that time and work to keep the faction a good place to be in; the old ones that was in that time and didn't do nothing to help faction; the new ones that are that are fighting and supporting the guild and the ones that just are there to get the money.

So just because some ppl joined later they don't desearve the territories? Do you fought for the place where you leave, btw?

Ppl is like this in every single place in world and in every single faction. You always will have the ones that are faithfull and the ones that are **** and dirty.

This is the human being and even if this thing is a game, you have human beins behing the computers.
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Well, I see I finally ticked one of your nerves.

hahahahahaha

Are you happy because of it?

You just got me in a bad day...
  • AkioHikaru - Sanctuary
    AkioHikaru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Ok... So, let's bring it for a real life situation that would make my idea much clear.

In many countries in this world we had wars for territories also (btw, we still having it). Many ppl worked very hard, many ppl lost theis lives, to get the territories for theis nations or also, to be independent from any other nation. It happened a long time ago in many countries and many of the ppl that fought in these wars are already dead. Then, well, the time goes on and between the population you have the young ones, that was born after all these conflicts. You have also the ones who came from another countries, looking for a different life or just enjoying an opportunity that hey have.

You make some valid points in comparison to real life. However, laws, customs and regulations set by the previous generations must be adhered to keep things running smoothly. Certainly some of those change over time. I think this thread regarding "The Old Days" about Nef, and this certainly isn't a Nef only thread, is about the standards that used be required to be in Nef.

So, just because they didn't fight for the territory they don't desearve to be there? Even if they are working hard and helping their nation to grow up?

In Nefarious we have many sort of ppl. We have the ones who fought in that time and work to keep the faction a good place to be in; the old ones that was in that time and didn't do nothing to help faction; the new ones that are that are fighting and supporting the guild and the ones that just are there to get the money.

You need to be clear and specific on "the old ones that didn't do nothing to help the faction. Worded like that it makes it seem the old players weren't responsible for the success that you Nef youngsters enjoy today.

So just because some ppl joined later they don't desearve the territories? Do you fought for the place where you leave, btw?

Ppl is like this in every single place in world and in every single faction. You always will have the ones that are faithfull and the ones that are **** and dirty.

This is the human being and even if this thing is a game, you have human beins behing the computers.

I came from other mmo's that were full of drama, server wide wars, scandals and mayhem. When I started this server I remember NWO, Sepp, Nef, Leg and many others fighting each other for land. That's why I continued to play this. It was fun drama. The 1v1 pvp is lame, but what makes this game shine is the group pvp. Now..its just stale.

I just hope that one day, as all these new players pass lvl 90, this server will get interesting again. I don't believe in a map reset, that's taking the easy way out. What we need is less people being sell outs waiting for a spot in the big two, be willing to merge factions and participate in group actives such as TW.
  • riddiculus
    riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Ok so im not against nef or anything.. but I just dont like the fact that everytime you guys win TW u go around boasting like you are the makers of the world... N u sed it urself.. u know theres conflict and some would not like you.. so wouldnt boasting around just create more hatred?? think about it
    Human being behind computers have feelings and you should respect that too ya know..

I also hear rumors of small factions being paid to **** up time slot... I would deny it till proven but I guess the only one who knows is Nef themselves so IF and only IF you're doing that... its uncool and shuld b stopped... it is bannable after all...

BUT

I do think sme credit must go to nef... they can defend week in week out against so many factions at so many different time... so in a way you guys do deserve it too...

Summary: A little less 'conversation' a little more 'action'
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Let's stop with the color coding text pl0x.
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok im too lazy to read the past whatever long of pointless argument so...

I remember when my first real faction rebel, owned timberfield, and then a few weeks later got owned by legendary and lost it. Nothin like old time tw...was scared to be in that one cus i thought i sucked at like level 50 something, so i sat out. Soon after that tons of people left faction...most of them went to nefarious and are still there to this day. I ended up in legendary and am happy there b:victory...as did some other rebel members (tho this was over 6 months..i actually forget how long.. later).

Then I remember when like TT 60 was bad ****...like seriously tt 1-2 was like impossible...remember my faction leader bm gettin 1 shot by drum LOL.
    Good times...

Damn I feel old b:shocked
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i wonder, what generation of nef would i be? if i said i join them late December :P 1st or 2nd? i wonder b:laugh

btw, resetting the map won't make much of a difference in my opinion. Nef members would still stay in faction, the same reason as leg members would stay in leg and that is because nef and leg will represent the best opportunity to control the most land. and since, nef and leg have banks where we keep extra money, i'm sure we will win any bid that goes against us (remember, you get back 90% if you win)

and AkioHikaru is right, the only way nef or leg will lose land to a third faction is if a new faction could gather enough high lvl players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009

I think the big thing and the most important thing you missed by referring to real life is that in real life, you cannot switch your country/ethnicity or group that easily. Thats what makes things in the real world worth every bit fighting for. Because you stuck with it, live with it, and believe in it.

On PWI? Ho man... fac jumper FTW lol
    Imagine how light words and beleifs would be if pple jumped their countries and ethnic backgrounds in RL.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think the big thing and the most important thing you missed by referring to real life is that in real life, you cannot switch your country/ethnicity or group that easily. Thats what makes things in the real world worth every bit fighting for. Because you stuck with it, live with it, and believe in it.

On PWI? Ho man... fac jumper FTW lol
    Imagine how light words and beleifs would be if pple jumped their countries and ethnic backgrounds in RL.

what bs... you can switch country easily as long as you have something to offer... skill wise. like pwi, if you have the level you can jump to almost any faction you like. the same goes to real life. if you wanted to migrate say to the UK, and you are excellent engineer, a company would gladly get you a working visa and with that you are on your way to becoming a permanent citizen.

i just honestly can't believe how there is so many stupid and ignorant people in pwi are...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Urban_Ninja - Sanctuary
    Urban_Ninja - Sanctuary Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Stop this QQ and remember the old days b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
This discussion has been closed.