Anyone remember the old days

Comments

• Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Good god, IF in a situation the map reset, what kinda demented leader would bid on a land thats already bidded on, when thers 30+ open land vs PvE >.>;;;

In order to declare war on a territory, there are certain requirements that must be met by your guild.
    Rules for Declaring War:
    1. Your guild can only attack one territory per week.

The "best opportunity to control land" would literally apply to any fac that has manpower vs the TW PvE's. Even if the bigger facs decided to claim land from other facs on a map reset (to minimize opponents gain), the other facs still get a decent gain from the new PvE territory they decide to attack next week (gain 1 loose 1) This gives a good time for connections to grow and pple to jump facs again, not to mention that 'hostile' facs (the ones that would attack owned land while there is free land still available) will tend to lean toward a negative name.

Atm no land is open so fighting to take a land that is owned is well, natural. But if in the case all land is free, currently big facs CAN monopolize it by attacking owned land by smaller facs rather than free land, but pple will defiantly look at them in a different light if that happens.

noooo, i mean that leg and nef will be able to eventually snuff out most of the smaller faction again. so that is what i meant by nef and leg represent the best chance to conquer the map again. and i know there will be other faction who can take the map. but non will have the ability to defend against leg and nef when there are no more lvl territory to take. there is a possibility of a minor faction will be able to hold a good amount of land but honestly speaking what are the chance of them holding out against leg or nef in the long run?
    Basically all you have to have in PWI is a decent lvl, decent reputation, and a active playtime. If u did something wrong, you can just start again.
    If u think thats as easily done out of game, enough to state that as a reason, you seriously need a reality check. Maybe you are narrowing your view too much with the mid social class and ignoring the 3rd world countries, they are part of real life too.

obviously the real life is pale comparison to pwi but the general outline still stands. of course it isn't as easy in real life to change country, but it isn't exactly impossible and honestly if pwi made it just as hard for people to switch faction, it might as well be called second life instead of a game. but that doesn't mean it's impossible to do it either in real life. work hard and make the right decision and you can go anywhere. with the only difference being there is a time limit on real life.

btw i'm from a second/third world country, so please don't talk to me as if i don't know how hard is it to get into another country. since i'm already made it to US.
    HAHAHA. Man I LoL at this statement. What country do you come from? US or UK? As long as you have something to offer? Look I don't know how much life experience you have outside of your city, but immigration don't work like you said. That working visa isn't a security to citizenship (you have to leave the country after your contract expires) and the only people able to freely move are people in the US and UK. I don't see engineers from Thailand, Africa, etc.. able to get citizenship in UK or the US just because they have "something to offer". And I don't think the majority of engineers in other countries can even afford the plane ticket let alone jump countries.

My conclusion: Your analogy of real life is inept. b:laugh

how about this people, i come from malaysia, that is just directly south of thailand. btw just because you don't know how doesn't mean there isn't a way. let me show you one, which only works if you are a girl. have a kid in US while you are studying there. see what happens.

here is a link go read.
    http://www.ukmigrationvisas.com/Highly-skilled-migrant-programme.php

it's possible. i'm not talking whether they have the means to make it happen, i'm saying it's possible. and the best way to do it that i know of is try to finish the last year of your college in the country you want to be in, and just pray hard as hell you are good enough to be offered a job and a working visa to the country.

if you can't then it's like being a low lvl **** who can't read the requirements and try to apply to a big faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AkioHikaru - Sanctuary
    AkioHikaru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ahhh now this thread reminds me how Sanct used to be. LOL isn't this more fun?
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    shhhhhhhh everybody

spoons is watching b:avoid
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    noooo, i mean that leg and nef will be able to eventually snuff out most of the smaller faction again. so that is what i meant by nef and leg represent the best chance to conquer the map again. and i know there will be other faction who can take the map. but non will have the ability to defend against leg and nef when there are no more lvl territory to take. there is a possibility of a minor faction will be able to hold a good amount of land but honestly speaking what are the chance of them holding out against leg or nef in the long run?
    well this certainly would hold true if any of the big factions dont loose half their members. I dont think they can avoid loosing 1/4 or 1/5 of the pple tho, which probably wont affect them too much, but certainly will be enough to be cautious.

(p.s to others. I meant 3rd world county as in the ones who cant afford to have this kind of entertainment. muchless a PC or a MMO.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

(p.s to others. I meant 3rd world county as in the ones who cant afford to have this kind of entertainment. muchless a PC or a MMO.)

lol but if they can't afford it i highly doubt they can afford a good education to allow them to be considered skilled. and that is my whole argument, if you have the skill nothing will change like people in 3rd world country who can't afford education.

But if you do, well knowledge will take you places b:victory

p.s. i was honestly hoping for a good debate to go on... but i guess not, maybe i should start a topic on something controversial
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrsurine - Sanctuary
    Mrsurine - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol. I honestly do remember that. I always wanted to start my own faction and get a spot on that map. I think its Impossible for me now :P (don't look at my lvl. I took a lot of breaks lmfao...a lot of breaks).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'M DARTH VADAR!"
    "Who gives a sith?"
    b:chuckleHAHAHAHHA. I'm not funny. b:cry
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol but if they can't afford it i highly doubt they can afford a good education to allow them to be considered skilled. and that is my whole argument, if you have the skill nothing will change like people in 3rd world country who can't afford education.

But if you do, well knowledge will take you places b:victory

p.s. i was honestly hoping for a good debate to go on... but i guess not, maybe i should start a topic on something controversial
    When i say real world i take in to account the whole thing=rich and the poor same as with the whole of PWI=every active player. You are saying it is easy to jump ship in real life with country or citizenship but your squeezing your views to only the pple who can actually afford it and have the luxury of choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    yes i understand, but i feel like people who doesn't have the luxury of choice in real world are like those low lvl people which a large faction like nef or leg will not accept into the faction.

i was going more for high lvl people are people with skill and i guess those who can do it and low lvl people are people with no skill/education or means.

i guess next time i need to clearly define it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheHunter_ - Sanctuary
    TheHunter_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    who the fk is this miriam (or was it mariadi or marinad or w/e)??
    ive heard tht she(/he) is wife of nef's leader..well im old nef...and back then nef's leader was girl charr (falls)..who is it now?
    well..anyway heres a word for u..

SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR WHAT OLD NEF MEMBERS HAVE DONE FOR U!
    dont be so cocky *****!u cant afford it even u made a pixelblowjob..its jst not quite enuf...

allthough..nef have changed..im really shamed of what it have become....
    u guys r recruiting any1 these days!only that matters is high lvl..be4 rep used to matter a lot....

well..i wish sas wud still be here...he was one of the best guild leaders i ever knew!!
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    shhhhhhhh everybody

spoons is watching b:avoid

lol?what does this have to do with 2 factions taking ower teh entire Sanctuarys map o wait.....b:sweatya....

i woudl liek to knwo the anmes of all the "strong" factions out there
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Jesus, how in the hell did this thread turn into a political/ethical debate about India and Brazil?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lmfao b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • beer811
    beer811 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    who the fk is this miriam (or was it mariadi or marinad or w/e)??
    ive heard tht she(/he) is wife of nef's leader..well im old nef...and back then nef's leader was girl charr (falls)..who is it now?
    well..anyway heres a word for u..

SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR WHAT OLD NEF MEMBERS HAVE DONE FOR U!
    dont be so cocky *****!u cant afford it even u made a pixelblowjob..its jst not quite enuf...

well..i wish sas wud still be here...he was one of the best guild leaders i ever knew!!

agreed.. trying too hard.. learn how to respect
  • Lothian - Sanctuary
    Lothian - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Don't worry about the Devalis n' Miriade's relationship. She'll leave him once she finds out he reproduces asexually.

Why do you care so much about other people's relationships? Are you jealous of their happiness or something?

I guess you've just had a bad experience yourself, forum troll.
  • TheWatcher - Harshlands
    TheWatcher - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why do you care so much about other people's relationships? Are you jealous of their happiness or something?

I guess you've just had a bad experience yourself, forum troll.

Why do you care Nef alt?

post count of 3= Forum troll?

My statement is based on something Devalis actually said on vent.
  • Lothian - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Why do you care Nef alt?

post count of 3= Forum troll?

My statement is based on something Devalis actually said on vent.

And you believe everything you hear? How gullible.

I'm not a Nef alt - I'm a member of a neutral party that dislikes seeing their friends get trashed for no good reason other than blind hatred and jealousy.
    edited August 2009
    ie. Nef alt. Possibly Devalis himself, which means what I said struck a nerve on someone.

If it is Devalis, hows it feel to be an unwanted leader?

A guy who acts tough online to make up being a stick-thin wedgie target with all the social grace of a rabid chihuahua?

Or maybe your Miriade, a person who can't speak basic English, jumps into someones pants when they flash some cash, a high-pitched annoyance that Nef members put up with just to stay in the faction.
  • Lothian - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    ie. Nef alt. Possibly Devalis himself, which means what I said struck a nerve on someone.

If it is Devalis, hows it feel to be an unwanted leader?

A guy who acts tough online to make up being a stick-thin wedgie target with all the social grace of a rabid chihuahua?

Or maybe your Miriade, a person who can't speak basic English, jumps into someones pants when they flash some cash, a high-pitched annoyance that Nef members put up with just to stay in the faction.

Possibly, but no. Must you be so bitter, KeeperSky?
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    Miriade - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Can a GM or moderator close this thread? This is too low lvl already to stay open.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Can a GM or moderator close this thread? This is too low lvl already to stay open.

what???????
    edited August 2009

Actually, QQ and Drama levels up threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    actually, Qq And Drama Levels Up Threads.

> _ >
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ahhhhh The QQ of old glad to see it back. I honestly agree with Hunter. Not to many original Nefarious members left, and honestly they should respect what Sas and the old guys started for them.
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    Miriade - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just to let it clear because I'm too tired of ppl reading half about what I say and lie over it: I NEVER said that I'm not gratfull about what old members have done. I just said, in some pages ago, that I'm 100% sure that wasn't ALL old members that worked for what Nefarious have today and also I said that MANY NEW MEMBERS WORK AS HARD AS THE OLD ONES.

And it's enough.

• Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just to let it clear because I'm too tired of ppl reading half about what I say and lie over it: I NEVER said that I'm not gratfull about what old members have done. I just said, in some pages ago, that I'm 100% sure that wasn't ALL old members that worked for what Nefarious have today and also I said that MANY NEW MEMBERS WORK AS HARD AS THE OLD ONES.

And it's enough.

TBH if you are grateful you would hold the rules they held and no trash talking in WC/public forums ;)

Stuff like this would have gotten you kicked out of nef. This one BM from Soviet posted in WC and I QUOTE "get them my nef comrades and win" and he was scolded for it
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
    edited August 2009
    We usually read the entirety of what you post.. just the English is a little off.

Nef are just plain unable to punish a lot of members, Devalis lacks influence in the faction, gaining Leadership by seniority rather than popular vote does that. Besides Devalis kicking trash talkers is pretty hypocritical.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    TBH if you are grateful you would hold the rules they held and no trash talking in WC/public forums ;)

Stuff like this would have gotten you kicked out of nef. This one BM from Soviet posted in WC and I QUOTE "get them my nef comrades and win" and he was scolded for it

props to you on that one. you nailed that one right on the head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Snake or Price?
    edited August 2009
    > _ >

You have 4x more posts than me and You didn't know this? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    You have 4x more posts than me and You didn't know this? D:

O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o
This discussion has been closed.