Anyone remember the old days

12346»

Comments

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o

o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Snake or Price?

Price.

/10ch
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Nanaiie - Sanctuary
    Nanaiie - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This thread makes me laugh so hard that my sides begin to ache. In the old days, you would have never seen this kind of chat going on. This thread was supposed to be about the good old PWI days when people actually got along and nobody was "QQ'ing". It's really sad to see how times have changed and how corrupt and incorrigible many have become because of greed and lack of respect. Just because you're behind a computer screen, doesn't give anyone the right to talk trash about anyone else nor become a straight-up jerk.

People put way too much emotion into this game and let it become their life. Everyday I see people in the starter towns whining about how they don't have this or that. Or some higher level picking on the newbies just because it makes them feel good. Yeah...picking on low levels is really a "badass" thing...Okay, keep dreaming.

Whatever happened to playing a game for what it is....a game? Is that unheard of these days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggie made by me b:chuckle
  • Triskaideka - Sanctuary
    Triskaideka - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe I read 16 pages of people mixing real life with game life, and start to dish out bullsht arguments. 1d10+s. b:laugh

Anyways,

Joined after a week the game started. West District was very very empty. TW map was empty for a long time, till Nef got a land, and slowly others followed. I remember laughing at Dreaming each week cause they kept failing.

I was with Shadowrun at first, but ditched them. Joined "EPIC" soon and boy was it awesome. Had TW's, and the memorable ones were with NWO. We will try to level like crazy each week, collect mats and stuff, just for TW. Being equal in strength, each TW was unpredictable and it was always fun. I remember whispering some NWO friends and we will make truce and not kill each other.

It's all gone now, just dailies and grinding. And 5-10 mins of TW. b:cry
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe I read 16 pages of people mixing real life with game life, and start to dish out bullsht arguments. 1d10+s. b:laugh

Anyways,

Joined after a week the game started. West District was very very empty. TW map was empty for a long time, till Nef got a land, and slowly others followed. I remember laughing at Dreaming each week cause they kept failing.

I was with Shadowrun at first, but ditched them. Joined "EPIC" soon and boy was it awesome. Had TW's, and the memorable ones were with NWO. We will try to level like crazy each week, collect mats and stuff, just for TW. Being equal in strength, each TW was unpredictable and it was always fun. I remember whispering some NWO friends and we will make truce and not kill each other.

It's all gone now, just dailies and grinding. And 5-10 mins of TW. b:cry
    PFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!!!!!! outlaw was better :D
  • Triskaideka - Sanctuary
    Triskaideka - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    PFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!!!!!! outlaw was better :D

Haha. "EPIC" was allied with Outlaw at that time right? I rememeber how everyone used to fear them, winning territories after territories. Until one day....
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Haha. "EPIC" was allied with Outlaw at that time right? I rememeber how everyone used to fear them, winning territories after territories. Until one day....

b:cry b:cry b:cry b:cry
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    TBH if you are grateful you would hold the rules they held and no trash talking in WC/public forums ;)

Stuff like this would have gotten you kicked out of nef. This one BM from Soviet posted in WC and I QUOTE "get them my nef comrades and win" and he was scolded for it

honestly speaking when you think about it, i actually do think the no thrash talking rule was design for one reason, to make sure we don't draw attention to ourself at the start of the game and become the number 1 hated faction. to me it seems like a very logical reason why that rule was in place.

and i've got to say after being in nef for 8 months, it's kinda hard not to do the occasional world chat after and amazing tw victory, and i'm not talking about the recent victory :P

well right now, regardless what we do, we already draw the attention of the entire server just because we hold the most territory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Honestly speaking, when you think about it, I actually do think the no trash talking rule was design for one reason, to make sure we don't draw attention to ourselves at the start of the game and become the most hated faction. To me it seems like a very logical reason why that rule was in place.

I've got to say after being in Nef for 8 months, it's kinda hard not to do the occasional world chat after an amazing TW victory, and I'm not talking about the recent victory :P.

Well right now, regardless what we do, we already draw the attention of the entire server just because we hold the most territory.

I'm going to have to disagree as to the reason the rule was implemented and upheld for so long. Fact is, that the second that all the Level 3 Territories were taken, Nefarious already had a huge target on itself (Example: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=142631&highlight=drums+nefarious). The "hate" was already there, whether it was justified or not. Truly, the reason the WC Rule exists was to try in some small part to ensure that any ill will directed at Nefarious would have a little less justification, a little less ammunition. In fact, if you read that whole post and the responses, you realize that Nishtara actually had nothing to work with against Nefarious that would affect people on a personal level. The entire post and most of the responses were shockingly respectful for belonging on these forums. That, respect, is the entire point of a no trash talking on WC Rule. I am disgusted (although mildly entertained b:cute) by the things I read these days on the forums directed to and by Nefarious, and can only logically assume that Nefarious is at least partially responsible. (Turn the other cheek to Trolls >_>)

Last I checked, "1. Be respectful of not only your fellow faction members but also those around you.", and "DO NOT TRASH TALK IN WORLD CHAT OR PUBLIC CHANNELS, I ASSURE YOU, YOU WILL SWIFTLY KICKED FROM THE FACTION IF YOU DO", are still part of a very small list of rules by which people agreed to abide to when joining the faction.

On the other hand, in the short time I have been back (3 Weeks), I have only seen 1 instance of a World Chat that could be deemed inappropriate, so unless I just don't log on at the right times, I think any such problem is pretty well controlled at this point.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to have to disagree as to the reason the rule was implemented and upheld for so long. Fact is, that the second that all the Level 3 Territories were taken, Nefarious already had a huge target on itself (Example: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=142631&highlight=drums+nefarious). The "hate" was already there, whether it was justified or not. Truly, the reason the WC Rule exists was to try in some small part to ensure that any ill will directed at Nefarious would have a little less justification, a little less ammunition. In fact, if you read that whole post and the responses, you realize that Nishtara actually had nothing to work with against Nefarious that would affect people on a personal level. The entire post and most of the responses were shockingly respectful for belonging on these forums. That, respect, is the entire point of a no trash talking on WC Rule. I am disgusted (although mildly entertained b:cute) by the things I read these days on the forums directed to and by Nefarious, and can only logically assume that Nefarious is at least partially responsible. (Turn the other cheek to Trolls >_>)

Last I checked, "1. Be respectful of not only your fellow faction members but also those around you.", and "DO NOT TRASH TALK IN WORLD CHAT OR PUBLIC CHANNELS, I ASSURE YOU, YOU WILL SWIFTLY KICKED FROM THE FACTION IF YOU DO", are still part of a very small list of rules by which people agreed to abide to when joining the faction.

On the other hand, in the short time I have been back (3 Weeks), I have only seen 1 instance of a World Chat that could be deemed inappropriate, so unless I just don't log on at the right times, I think any such problem is pretty well controlled at this point.

Wow this ^^^, ZOMG thank you for reminding me of this thread I totally forgot about it,mby bringing it back to life will open some eyes.
    *Goes post on it* b:thanks .
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Wow this ^^^, ZOMG thank you for reminding me of this thread I totally forgot about it,mby bringing it back to life will open some eyes.
    *Goes post on it* b:thanks .

Well that is just some of the history of futility.

Cue the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ZTTsiJupo xD.
  • MissBehaved - Sanctuary
    MissBehaved - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    When people talked that Nefarious was scared to attack Outlaw
    When Sepp, Wiccanway, and nemesis forced Nefarious' first loss?
    The 3 hour TWs of Legendary and Shockwave
    All the Color on the map (Amp, NWO, Sepp, Ravenous, etc)

Anything else post it here too

I miss it too, so the talk is land grab happening in a few weeks, anyone know the details or where I can read them?
    My generic avatar icon b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<enter intelligent comment here so people are impressed>
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Originally Posted by Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary

The 3 hour TWs of Legendary and Shockwave

Anything else post it here too
    3 hour TWs Interesting.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    3 hour TWs Interesting.

Oh ya,I was in those TWs,all of them they were the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! b:victory
  • Majou - Sanctuary
    Majou - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ~.~ that got ugly fast~ oh well i guess only the first few pages were nice :) b:pleased
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hmm i thought at that point nef was pretty secure already. i guess i'm wrong :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    hmm i thought at that point nef was pretty secure already. i guess i'm wrong :P

other than the brief period with sep/others they were prettymuch secure the whole time
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Hmmm, I thought that at that point Nefarious was pretty secure already. I guess I'm wrong :P.

Maybe a month or so after that thread, Geogaddi leaves and takes half the faction with him. There were a little less than 60 active members at that point (Thankfully among the highest levels in the server). Regardless, had Legendary attacked then, Nefarious would probably no longer exist. I don't know what witchcraft Sasaki did, or what deals with Milari, but we got by only losing 1 land.

All I know, is that it is always better to err on the side of caution. Trash talk a person this week and that is one less person who might fill your ranks the next.

Which reminds me, do you like the way I edit your punctuation when I quote you :3?

Edit: Anyone remember what Geogaddi's guild was called, its like on the tip of my tongue? b:angry
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Edit: Anyone remember what Geogaddi's guild was called, its like on the tip of my tongue? b:angry

Nemesis b:lipcurl
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Nemesis b:lipcurl

With like a star somewhere right? xD

*Nemesis*?

Edit: I realize now that its kind of sad that I forgot the name, since it is one of the "old memories" in the original post of this thread b:surrender.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
This discussion has been closed.