New prices on mounts

Options

Comments

• BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    People prefer a panda over a rex? With what study are you quoting from?

Status is the soul of RPG games? I want proof. I submit to you this: I don't give a damn what status I have. I'm playing this game because I like the PVP system and because gearing up takes more than one day for a full set of relevant level gear. Status? I'm not worried what you care about me. I'll get a job to get my "status" fix, thanks.

Now you're making the assumption that, if I did hold status because of an item, the item becoming less rare will strip that away from me. I've already covered that: it's happened to me time and time again, and letting someone else have some glory is what the soul of RPGs is for me.

A company you mean well breaks it all? I can see your playering off rpg here is far beyond my capability, because I can't understand you for the life of me. Are you trying to be a prick, or just pretending? Because deciphering this bs would take years.

Actually if people don't play for the entertainment, the fun, the excitement of the game its all for naught. These pixels you can't take to the street with you and show them off. If you play this game for any type of status as opposed to fun and enjoyment, come out of your basement. There is this magical thing we like to call... sunlight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    People prefer a panda over a rex? With what study are you quoting from?

Status is the soul of RPG games? I want proof. I submit to you this: I don't give a damn what status I have. I'm playing this game because I like the PVP system and because gearing up takes more than one day for a full set of relevant level gear. Status? I'm not worried what you care about me. I'll get a job to get my "status" fix, thanks.

Now you're making the assumption that, if I did hold status because of an item, the item becoming less rare will strip that away from me. I've already covered that: it's happened to me time and time again, and letting someone else have some glory is what the soul of RPGs is for me.

A company you mean well breaks it all? I can see your playering off rpg here is far beyond my capability, because I can't understand you for the life of me. Are you trying to be a prick, or just pretending? Because deciphering this bs would take years.

PvP= competitive game to be the best
    LvL= status
    Ranking= more status

All (or most) mmos are about status and being better then others.

Everything is about "being different" and better then the others. Thats why ppl complain.
    Why would you lvl then? To enjoy more of the game, ofc, but being 90 or 100 is not really a big difference, ppl lvl to have power, in order to have status.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LvL= status
    Ranking= more status

Everything is about "being different" and better then the others. Thats why ppl complain.
    Why would you lvl then? To enjoy more of the game, ofc, but being 90 or 100 is not really a big difference, ppl lvl to have power, in order to have status.

And you just proved our point. You said nothing in there where having items meant status, and that THAT THAT is what we are trying to show ev1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you play this game for any type of status as opposed to fun and enjoyment, come out of your basement. There is this magical thing we like to call... sunlight.
    rofl You made me snort and laugh in real life >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited August 2009
    Options
    rofl You made me snort and laugh in real life >_>

Glad I could entertain you :) Hope you wasn't drinking anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    And you just proved our point. You said nothing in there where having items meant status, and that THAT THAT is what we are trying to show ev1.

Being different... b:thanks

If you go around on a dragon is not the same as going aroung on a ugly pony b:chuckle

Thats what ppl complaining around.

It took me 55m to get my nice item

It took you 10 gold to do it

NOT FAIR, thats what ppl complain about
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    When I joined molds were selling for decent prices, 300k+

Which mold? Wheel of Fate? Sakyamuni's Light? Dark Pants of Hedes? Misty Forest Ring? Or do you mean something like Sleeves of the Sea Captain, which does indeed hover around 300k? I know, us scientific people and our specifics, but dammit asgreborn, we're never going to launch to PW's moon if we're unable to comprehend simple concepts like "generalizations are for people who don't know what they're talking about".

I'll tell you why they put the mounts on sale: to raise money. That's something you're never going to learn in today's economic courses, but I do believe human knowledge belongs to the world, and I'm here to help spread it.

I'm feeling an overwhelming lack of sympathy for every one of you people who feel gypped because your precious mount is now available for 20 gold. In fact, I'm going to go buy one for every single one of my alts, plus my cat shop. Letting someone else have fun is CROSSING THE DAMN LINE if YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ANYMORE. If trolling you is this easy, I can't wait to see what kind of things irk you IRL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Glad I could entertain you :) Hope you wasn't drinking anything.
    i snorted graham crackers o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I never saw many ppl with silver and when I did it I was "cool, that guy did work hard for his mount"... now its just "cash shop w**re" or any other rich gamer....

Orrrrr that guy could've been "any other rich gamer" who sold gold for coins and had a alt catshop opened buying DQ orders. It's just less gold now.
    I think im going to still try the DQ quest for it , this way the mount will still and the hard work meaning , this is if i don't get up to 3.5 mil in game firstand if i don't make it to some place thast is still selling ultimate gaming cards

I guess you could. But logically, why work hader than you have to? You'll have the money from NPC-ing your DQ items to get 20 gold waaaay before if you were using the DQ items for 100 oders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    LvL= status
    Ranking= more status

Allow me to assist you.

I'm not here to PvP to gain status. Status in PvP is bad. When you become known for your PvP skills, people start killing you more. I don't want that. I want to be the silent (but good!) assassin who slips up behind you with a rolling pin and a back of cheeze doodles and commencing slaying your face off, then gets the **** away before my target decides to become angry with me enough that they 1.) target me explicitly or 2.) give me notoriety and get me on some KoS lists. Status? Go to hell. I'm different enough in my own way, and I don't need your recognition or anyone else's to boost my self-esteem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Being different... b:thanks

If you go around on a dragon is not the same as going aroung on a ugly pony b:chuckle

Thats what ppl complaining around.

It took me 55m to get my nice item

It took you 10 gold to do it

NOT FAIR, thats what ppl complain about

Different? Different is having the ONLY steam punk set on a server. Different is having the ONLY or one of the only 2 nine tails on the server. You ppl act as if NO ONE else had a silvermane besides you. Please.

So over the its not fair idea. Let me tell you whats not fair, you people ask a company for things, get them and then complain. IMO thats NOT FAIR.

You play a FREE game, that costs you nothing yet still find reasons to gripe about it. IMO thats NOT FAIR.

They even give you a server where you can gripe and complain about all unfairness you feel has been bestowed upon you for FREE. IMO thats NOT FAIR.

With everything unfair going on....

Please realize this horse is not real, you can not really ride it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asgreborn
    asgreborn Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Which mold? Wheel of Fate? Sakyamuni's Light? Dark Pants of Hedes? Misty Forest Ring? Or do you mean something like Sleeves of the Sea Captain, which does indeed hover around 300k? I know, us scientific people and our specifics, but dammit asgreborn, we're never going to launch to PW's moon if we're unable to comprehend simple concepts like "generalizations are for people who don't know what they're talking about".

I'll tell you why they put the mounts on sale: to raise money. That's something you're never going to learn in today's economic courses, but I do believe human knowledge belongs to the world, and I'm here to help spread it.

I'm feeling an overwhelming lack of sympathy for every one of you people who feel gypped because your precious mount is now available for 20 gold. In fact, I'm going to go buy one for every single one of my alts, plus my cat shop. Letting someone else have fun is CROSSING THE DAMN LINE if YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL ANYMORE. If trolling you is this easy, I can't wait to see what kind of things irk you IRL.

I said 300k+ meaning the cheapest mold (lvl21 ones mostly) was around 300k.

And it was just a fact, I wasn't complaining about it.
    Sanctuary server rules!

Lvl 76 cleric - (bankrupt for now, will be back in the near future)
    Lvl 60 veno - (active, raising funds for herc)

b:bye
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well looking on the bright side I'm liking my trusty Hurricane Redspeeder much more now than the new Silvermanes owned by the wannabe Yuppies.b:chuckle
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I want the Midnight b:cry (but not from the boutique lol)
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I hope all worked out ok. I'll try to warn you next time :)
    i snorted graham crackers o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Actually, free players are those who make this game have success.

Without them, cash shopper wont be able to get tons of coins by selling items from cash shop and gold.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I want the Midnight b:cry (but not from the boutique lol)

You mean not YET in the boutique LOL b:laugh
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Orrrrr that guy could've been "any other rich gamer" who sold gold for coins and had a alt catshop opened buying DQ orders. It's just less gold now.

I guess you could. But logically, why work hader than you have to? You'll have the money from NPC-ing your DQ items to get 20 gold waaaay before if you were using the DQ items for 100 oders.

=/ not if gold prices keep raising so i hope they go back to the way they were 5 monthes before i left before xD 103k= 1 gold xD?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minimus - Sanctuary
    I want the Midnight (but not from the boutique lol)

You mean not YET in the boutique LOL

i saw a midnight pass my in arch and i was thinking that remembering someone asked what was next to be devalued.. midnight...=/
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well looking on the bright side I'm liking my trusty Hurricane Redspeeder much more now than the new Silvermanes owned by the wannabe Yuppies.b:chuckle

Not necessary to try to insult people because they have something. Just as many people have your beloved Redspeeder...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Actually, free players are those who make this game have success.

Without them, cash shopper wont be able to get tons of coins by selling items from cash shop and gold.

Well the Chest of Coins now allows Gold buyers you to bypass the coin farmers. LOL
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Not necessary to try to insult people because they have something. Just as many people have your beloved Redspeeder...

Its not beloved, it's just a virtual horse one that is Brown instead of glowing white. Same CG model. I'm not insulting just making a comment, lighten up Brat. b:laugh
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I agree. **** saving up those extra 25 Silver Orders. Now I just need 5 and I will have a less common mount. :)

Yayb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KumoriChan - Heavens Tear
    KumoriChan - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wow.. quest horses are in the boutique.
    now let's raise the exp and call this PWI - the private server.
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I do not work for status and i agree its your lvl and skill that earns you the status. however i also do beleive dq horse used to give players status especially if they wer high level and riding one. they completely stood out with their gear and stuff. and the other reason i think the dq horses used to give status was coz they wer worth alot.... just like any high lvl weapon or armor.

ive never owned a dq mount but i do have a boa and Hellhound atm. i will be taking advantage of this soon and get one for myself even though there no better then a kirin now.

oh and btw i do beleive perfect world is slowly degrading from its "perfect" status. there are no goals to aim for anymore other then getting a high lvl and i dont think they shoulda released all these events together including the boa, dq mounts, battlepack sale, jolly event, charm pack etc. i was kinda wondering if they are gonna replace the dq horses with a completely new dq mount.

lastly they should stop added item mall content temporarily and instead work on any bugs/glitches and add more content

PS: they should make the genies be able to receive exp and sp even when it is trade enabled
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You know PWI as I understood it was based on a Asian game. I was always under the impression the Asian culture frowned on low values and laziness. They took great pride in hard work, the effort you put forth in your task. This is one of the on going problems with Real life. Everyone has become lazy, wanting everything handed to them, thus leaving the working population to support them and their families. Then us hard working population are looked down upon for having ill feelings towards those that just want everything handed to them. As a mother I always liked having my daughter play games such as this. It showed her she needed to work for the things she wanted. She couldn't just have it because she wanted it. As I see it now., PWI is giving into the lazy wanters. Wheres the pride in hard work? I lost vaule on misty rings but that I was able to hang with, the players needed those to compete. The players wanted the mounts that required dedication and hard work didnt need them to compete with other players.....they WANTED them.....and PWI gave it to them.
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You know PWI as I understood it was based on a Asian game. I was always under the impression the Asian culture frowned on low values and laziness. They took great pride in hard work, the effort you put forth in your task. This is one of the on going problems with Real life. Everyone has become lazy, wanting everything handed to them, thus leaving the working population to support them and their families. Then us hard working population are looked down upon for having ill feelings towards those that just want everything handed to them. As a mother I always liked having my daughter play games such as this. It showed her she needed to work for the things she wanted. She couldn't just have it because she wanted it. As I see it now., PWI is giving into the lazy wanters. Wheres the pride in hard work?

not to insult or anything but its called "change" and its gonna happen alot more. Besides... its just a game wers the hardwork in pressing the mouse.

it did involve time to get the dq items i understand that... but most of the ppl "bought" the dq items off other players. there was no "hard work" initially in it. the only problem is the money it cost and clearly u didnt buy it to resell it. you bought it to use it
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Daizy - Heavens Tear
    Daizy - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i wanted my toon to be different so i made her all white/pink and that purple horsey would completed here.

was just about to start buying/doing dq's for it, but now i don't want it any more.
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    not to insult or anything but its called "change" and its gonna happen alot more. Besides... its just a game wers the hardwork in pressing the mouse.

it did involve time to get the dq items i understand that... but most of the ppl "bought" the dq items off other players. there was no "hard work" initially in it. the only problem is the money it cost and clearly u didnt buy it to resell it. you bought it to use it

your right it involved alot of time getting those DQ items, and I had been doing DQ since I was like lvl 25....saving every DQ I got, scrimping and saving while I didnt want to sell my DQ items because I wanted my "not so special horse". It also involved a hell of alot of killing mobs, flying all over the map which consumed mass amounts of time. Now look I can click a button and get my "non special horse".
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    your right it involved alot of time getting those DQ items, and I had been doing DQ since I was like lvl 25....saving every DQ I got, scrimping and saving while I didnt want to sell my DQ items because I wanted my "not so special horse". It also involved a hell of alot of killing mobs, flying all over the map which consumed mass amounts of time. Now look I can click a button and get my "non special horse".

Like I said, there is still 1 special horse from DQ. b:victory It just isn't shiny. Much more rare than the others now though. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I add my voice to what I think is direspectfull for players who have spent time and energy to get some "special" feature that gold could not buy so easilly. Indeed, people can also buy them through Dragon Orders trade... but there were still only a few ppl owning one of them, including those who did actually work for them : the pride of owning one was a reward for the time involved.

Now, one can basicely say seing one of them : "wow, another rich player".... and he would have a 95% chance to be right... and the 5% other players will only be able to suffer silently.

There are a lot of way to earn as much (real) money without ruining some game features... I really disagree with this add.