New prices on mounts

Options

Comments

• Aerilya - Sanctuary
    Aerilya - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I swear, some ppl find anything to complain about. You can buy them in game cheaper than the cat shop, Or could! Whats the problem?

It would be the same thing if someone bought 20 gold and sold it in game and bought the horse from you. They might not work in game, but I guarantee you most ppl work their backsides off for the real money they spend that keeps this game afloat. Quit complaining.

He is right. I hardly make anything, yet I enjoy this game enough to support it by spending money to get some gold. Seriously, buying 20g is literally a tithe of a paycheck for me. I just don't get the complaining all the time.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    OK get this:

Everyone wanted genies: PW did that.

Everyone wanted more clothing: Pw did that.

Everyone wanted more mounts: PW did that.

Everyone wanted charm packs: PW did that.

Everyone wanted dragon orb sales: PW did that.

Everyone wanted cheaper prices on stuff: PW did that.

Everyone wanted new aerogears: PW did that.

Everyone wanted a new instance: PW did that.

Hall.jpg
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    btw, before this thread close too, let me say something...

yeah it sucks!

i created many characters just to collect dq items... to collect dragon orders... just because i wanna get that silver mane, but now...

ALL OF THOSE DRAGON QUEST IS USELESS !!!

it's just a waste of time and effort :/

i see no more point in collecting them now... since ppl can almost "buy" everything... maybe even hh mats, exp cube or molds as next ~

and even i'll got that silver mane, it won't be cool anymore if every of us can have it from boutique... not rare anymore :/

so, where's the perfect world?

it's all long gone... it's not a RPG game anymore, where players works to get the reward... but it's an eBay now, where it's all about money ~

i think, i'll just delete all of my alt characters and stop collecting dq items... it's not worth collecting, and the price will surely also drops on catshop :/

and what about those dragon orders for... i spent many coins to buy some of them on catshop and auctioneer, but now... such a waste ~

b:cry

ps: i wonder, if pwi gonna removed the whole Dragon Quest on the next patch and put all rewards into boutique for cash to sponsor that new game . . .

edit:

ps: they better fix those glitches and "refine" the game... instead ruining it theirself ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    why is everyone always so cruel here? instead of being happy that things are good for others who have not had the good fortune and gaming skills you have, it has to be meaness and snarling? if people are leaving the game, i strongly believe that to be the real reason. people should be happy and helpful, not KSing and PKing everyone. the cruel people forget the whole reason for the game: for the races to band together, work together, to defeat the wraiths. not to fight each other. and any equipment, mounts and such that can aid us in this are things to be welcomed, and good fortune of others.

if i were as good a player as you, i would use some of my time and money to help folks to become as good a player as you....anger does nothing constructive, only helps to tear down the game we love.

Well many of us worked our asses off for your/our dream come true. Many of us that would have rather paid 20G.....we didnt have that option...Now all our hard work is worth 2m.....total bull ****. Must be nice to have everything handed to you. Also dont tell me about....PWI needs GOLD to stay afloat because I know I have spent plenty. Infact I was more than happy knowing PWI used zen to keep their game running. But to undermine someones time and effort put into their horse was shady.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    btw, before this thread close too, let me say something...

yeah it sucks!

i created many characters just to collect dq items... to collect dragon orders... just because i wanna get that silver mane, but now...

ALL OF THOSE DRAGON QUEST IS USELESS !!!

it's just a waste of time and effort :/

i see no more point in collecting them now... since ppl can almost "buy" everything... maybe even hh mats, exp cube or molds as next ~

and even i'll got that silver mane, it won't be cool anymore if every of us can have it from boutique... not rare anymore :/

it's all long gone... it's not a RPG game anymore, where players works to get the reward... but it's an eBay now, where it's all about money ~

i think, i'll just delete all of my alt characters and stop collecting dq items... it's not worth collecting, and the price will surely also drops on catshop :/

and what about those dragon orders for... such a waste ~

b:cry

ps: i wonder, if pwi gonna removed the whole Dragon Quest on the next patch and put all rewards into boutique for cash to sponsor that new game . . .

how are they useless? You can still turn them in for a horse? Honestly what is your problem. Matter of fact now they will be cheaper for you to buy to finish off the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think the point that is getting lost is that nothing in this game appears to have any stability anymore. Obviously this is not going to change so we either adapt or leave.

When I first started playing I believed there was some structure and stability to the rewards and values on items in game. This no longer seems to be the case. There is therefore little point saving up for something long term or working towards a long term goal unless you enjoy the journey and would not mind a bit if your goal or wealth was taken away from you in a flash.

Of course the idealists will say well you should enjoy the journey with no regard for the goal and that the in-game wealth is all pixels anyway. In practice most players aren't that perfect and having a goal snatched away from them or significantly devalued does sting.
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think the point that is getting lost is that nothing in this game appears to have any stability anymore. Obviously this is not going to change so we either adapt or leave.

When I first started playing I believed there was some structure and stability to the rewards and values on items in game. This no longer seems to be the case. There is therefore little point saving up for something long term or working towards a long term goal unless you enjoy the journey and would not mind a bit if your goal or wealth was taken away from you in a flash.

Of course the idealists will say well you should enjoy the journey with no regard for the goal and that the in-game wealth is all pixels anyway. In practice most players aren't that perfect and having a goal snatched away from them or significantly devalued does sting.

EXACTLY!! can't be put in better words. No Goal/ No RPG feeling.
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • Mephistic - Dreamweaver
    Mephistic - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For all those people who earned their Violet Lightenings and SwiftWinds through the DQ system, your efforts were not wasted... you got your mount!! Also you will always have that moment of satisfaction when you turned in those Orders and got the egg!! (In my opinion that is priceless). Don't let this turn you sour and forget that moment of happiness! ^^
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

its Perfect World, not Perfect Epeen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited August 2009
    Options
    For all those people who earned theor Violet Lightenings and Swift Winds through the DQ system, your efforts were not wasted... you got your mount!! Also you will always have that moment of satisfaction when you turned in those Orders and got the egg!! (In my opinion that is priceless). Don't let this turn you sour and forget that moment of happiness! ^^

Nicely put, 10 gold stars for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    BratFury, that was a horse one could only get through hard work.....now they can get it threw a push of a button. Now what was thought of as precious, will now become an over populated piece of junk. It sounds to me, you refuse to understand this, because you were not willling to put the effort into the horse. Those of us that were willing to put the effort into it just got screwed.

No,most just bought the orders off others to get the horse/bought off someone else.

Just because it cost a lot more before patch didn't mean you worked your **** off more for that money,seriously that money can be gained after a couple of tw's,world bosses lol

If the horse was non tradeable,the orders non tradeable,then that would be truly working your **** off for it.

Oh,i gained enough for one in ONE fb89,demon belt and pearl drop,yeah...
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • xkementaryx
    xkementaryx Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh sure.. i will get 16 mil very fast again... sure sure...

Is about the social value also... who had that mounts had a valuable thing that few ppl have... this is about rpg should work. But now it's a comercial thing that gives everything for everyone for a price.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    rofl 20g =D
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited August 2009
    Options

Is about the social value also... who had that mounts had a valuable thing that few ppl have... this is about rpg should work. But now it's a comercial thing that gives everything for everyone for a price.

It was always commercial lol,those things were merched by the players just like any other item with value.
  • xkementaryx
    edited August 2009
    Options
    At least the money was going to other player inside game helping the player. Now it is going to the company.
    edited August 2009
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you bought the mount so you'd have it. Do you not still have the mount? If so then you have your 16 million you spent. The only way you'd lose money on the deal is to sell it. But that generally isn't why most people buy it. Now if you spent 16 mil on the mount which you say you did, then you bought the mount so you would have it to use. Otherwise, you would have just used all your time in acquiring the dragon orders to get said mounts. If that was the case and you did not want the horse you would have sold them upon earning them well before today.

again.. what was the problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    At least the money was going to other player inside game helping the player. Now it is going to the company.
    Good >_> means they wont go bankrupt ...at least atm.
  • xkementaryx
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok.. so tell me... Why some ppl prefer have a Panda beside a Rex? Because it give status. And liking you or not, status is the soul of the rpg games. It measn a lot and when you lose your status because someone just tooked it from you, a company i mean, well, it breaks all.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ok.. so tell me... Why some ppl prefer have a Panda beside a Rex? Because it give status. And liking you or not, status is the soul of the rpg games. It measn a lot and when you lose your status because someone just tooked it from you, a company i mean, well, it breaks all.

They took nothing from you. PERIOD! Your status in any MMORPG comes from lvl and skill, not a glowing horse with a flowing mane that no one hardly sees you ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xkementaryx
    edited August 2009
    Options
    aham... I can see that we don't have a very experienced player off rpg here...
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    But im sure your gonna go spend your measly 20g on it right BratFury. You like getting things handed easy to ya.
    edited August 2009
    Options

"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony." -Neurosis
  • KeeleyRin - Sanctuary
    KeeleyRin - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It hasnt been up for 30 mins and its already overflooded with Silvermanes, something that use to be special. Well not anymore.
  • xkementaryx
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I will fell ashamed using mine...
    edited August 2009
    Options

It was a buyable item before,just went down in value,it had no status value in my mind...the top rank gear,now that to me is status(if theres even such a thing as true status on a game)
    edited August 2009
    Options
    aham... I can see that we don't have a very experienced player off rpg here...

"rolls eyes" thats all you get for that comment.
    But im sure your gonna go spend your measly 20g on it right BratFury. You like getting things handed easy to ya.

No Keely I'm not. I have a dual spurred panther on ALL 4 of my characters. They are cheap, and go just as fast as anything else in the game. I value my money. Could care less what I'm riding on, it gets me there just as fast.

You can keep your attitude, I really don't want it. But some free advice for you, don't sweat the small stuff, it only makes you stink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asgreborn
    asgreborn Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think that all this flaming and QQing could be easily stopped by the mods with a few answers to all our questions.

Maybe they want to turn PW from a free to play game into a pay to play game.

When I joined molds were selling for decent prices, 300k+ , TT mats were selling for decent prices 100k+ starting with TT60 mats. Now everything dropped. You can just buy zen for 10$ (beer money) and make your TT armor. While people that don't pay spend hours, days in TT's to make that money/armor.

I think all in all it's the ppl's that don't pay fault. PPl that spend money stick together and raise gold prices while free players look for fast profit and sell cheaper and cheaper.

About the DQ mounts. I think a mount it's rare as long as there is only a number of them in the game. Let's say PW considers that limit to be 1000. When there are 1001 mounts in game it's not rare anymore.

Here you have to options. Change the mount reword for DQ and leave the number to 1000 or put it in cash shop cuz there already are over 1000 in game and not considered a rare mount anymore. Both this solutions would need to add new mounts as DQ rewards although the second one is not really fair to the hard DQ'ers in the game.

I am urging the mods to give an explanation for this sale to stop all the flaming and QQ'ing. FOrums are a mess right now.
    Sanctuary server rules!

Lvl 76 cleric - (bankrupt for now, will be back in the near future)
    Lvl 60 veno - (active, raising funds for herc)

b:bye
    edited August 2009
    Options

"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony." -Neurosis

^^This^^b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

People prefer a panda over a rex? With what study are you quoting from?

Status is the soul of RPG games? I want proof. I submit to you this: I don't give a damn what status I have. I'm playing this game because I like the PVP system and because gearing up takes more than one day for a full set of relevant level gear. Status? I'm not worried what you care about me. I'll get a job to get my "status" fix, thanks.

Now you're making the assumption that, if I did hold status because of an item, the item becoming less rare will strip that away from me. I've already covered that: it's happened to me time and time again, and letting someone else have some glory is what the soul of RPGs is for me.

A company you mean well breaks it all? I can see your playering off rpg here is far beyond my capability, because I can't understand you for the life of me. Are you trying to be a prick, or just pretending? Because deciphering this bs would take years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think im going to still try the DQ quest for it , this way the mount will still and the hard work meaning , this is if i don't get up to 3.5 mil in game firstand if i don't make it to some place thast is still selling ultimate gaming cards
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........