Most OP class

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Key word: if. This is not about what things would be like if certain elements of a single class ran around pking. This discussion is about what is and what isn't.

Fine. Let's use your logic, then.

Every class is capable of equipping a warsoul weapon and rank 8.
    Sure the weapon can't do much on its own, and some classes only become insane with the weapon, but they all have the capability of using said weapons.
    Therefore, all classes are OP.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Venomancers...unnerfed Pet damage in PK and TT b:lipcurl
    Solo Farming squad mode TT runs in 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1...its just depressing for other classes at higher levels.(while they require a full squad thats working together)
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If what is OP can run around by itself with little to no help from the venomancer herself, then it can be classified by itself as being OP.

So my Lyncean Hunter is overpowered cause he can take Rend Razor without being healed lol Good to know that xD

My vote: Noone is Op lol
    Learn to play your class right and youll be good :P
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Key word: if. This is not about what things would be like if certain elements of a single class ran around pking. This discussion is about what is and what isn't.

Read the forums, and you'll find people crying not about a venomancer actually helping her phoenix kill them, but about a phoenix killing them by itself because of flesh ream, so, yes, in this case the ability/pet combination can and should be singled out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    133 votes for venos

not a surprise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Not really a shock, but I would like to know how many of the people who voted for venos are PKERS or on PVP servers?

I think this has a lot to do with the opinion. I could be wrong, not like I've not been before but you KWIM?

I voted Archer, not going to go all into why I feel that way. But I am not a PKER or on a PVP server. I've seen all the threads posted about how unfair venos with a nix are. And most of them are usually about PVP!

Anyone who voted veno care to elaborate if they are PKERS or on a PVP server?

133 votes for venos

not a surprise
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    PvE Server :
    simple reason, a Veno (with any pet) out damaging a squad with 4 ppl on a (?,lvl150) Boss (like those mini WB's,which99%of all ppl dont even know about) is simply ridiculous..thus main reason for OP..

I mean seriously 1 class outdamaging 4?That Veno was even lower level than all of us.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
    edited June 2009
    Well in that perspective I see the point. No class should be able to out damage 4 other classes. However, if you consider that clerics/wizards can kill bosses such as mantavip at levels of which barbs/archers/bm's cant then you could consider us overpowered as well. I would challenge that even 2 barbs/bms could not take out mantavip at the level you get the quest even with 2 healers.

My point is that each class has its str/weakness. In some ways I understand and agree. In others I disagree. Even if the devs/owners agree with you they can't now go back and remove them, they'd go broke refunding all the money.

However; maybe to make things on a more even and fair playing ground, Veno's could be given a specific armor to wear that is even more squishy than the Arcane armors. Or maybe force them to fight without any at all!

I did once have the misfortune of being irritated by a veno. She kept ksing everything I was trying to kill. Not during an event either. She was just trying to irritate me. I had no chance. She was sending pet, then would turn around and hit the next thing I went after with her own skills. By the time I could go to the next thing to hit, her pet was done with the first and she sent him in. This just kept repeating. Til I finally decided to have a bit of fun. I went and stood by her, started casting on a mob close let it hit once then stopped. I did this about 8 times and she was doing all the work and I was getting exp and spirit without losing any HP and very little MP. She finally left me alone.

A few days ago on my cleric I had this misfortune again, but with 2 venos in the same squad together. I didn't fight with them, I simply just stated I guess the world here isn't big enough that we can all find our OWN hexweb kings to kill. But point is I again had no chance as they was doing the same method. Pet kill/player kill...I got NO KILLS! LOL

Overpowered? maybe? Annoying? they can be! With no push back skill they are just as squishy as the next arcane user. I've seen many venos dead, revived a few on my cleric and seen a bunch of them who thought their pet was hero of the day only to find out when herc takes on 10 mobs he will die they can't heal fast enough!

Anyways enough with the rambling, I see your point but what can be done?

PvE Server :
    simple reason, a Veno (with any pet) out damaging a squad with 4 ppl on a (?,lvl150) Boss (like those mini WB's,which99%of all ppl dont even know about) is simply ridiculous..thus main reason for OP..

I mean seriously 1 class outdamaging 4?That Veno was even lower level than all of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i never get pages from the mini versions, always anti stun pots
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I call Bull**** on this poll. All nonvenos are gonna pick on the veno. All the venos are gonna pick on nonvenos.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited June 2009
    Do you have other classes of characters that are NOT venos?

If so how do you compare those classes? Do you consider them as fair as the veno class? And if you do consider them as fair name a time you personally on an alternate character haven't felt that a veno OP you?

I call Bull**** on this poll. All nonvenos are gonna pick on the veno. All the venos are gonna pick on nonvenos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    IIRC venos were the worst class for pvp before phoenixes. I remember before they came, if someone asked in a thread "what class should I make" everyone would agree on veno for solo pve and any other class for pvp. It didn't make sense to have a class that couldn't pvp as well as the others, especially since TW is one of the main features of the game.

Some might say "it's not fair that the best solo class can pvp as well as the rest". Well, why not? Each class has it's main feature. Why should the best healer and buffer in the game also have one of the strongest nukes as well as physical attacks? Why should the best tank in the game be able to oneshot almost any other class? Why should the strongest DD be able to heal? Why should the rangers with their insane crit chance also get magical attacks? And the best CC class can stun-lock to death, which is just crazy... losing control of your char from the start of the fight 'til you die.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Do you have other classes of characters that are NOT venos?

If so how do you compare those classes? Do you consider them as fair as the veno class? And if you do consider them as fair name a time you personally on an alternate character haven't felt that a veno OP you?

All my alts are soo low lvl they are OPed by every other class.

Yeah BMs are OP I get thrashed all the time by them in duals. Thanks for reminding me Eunuch.
    Barbs are OP caus they can tank anything. I gotta have a pet tank for me just so my character can match my name I use on every game. Either that or go through charms like water to not use a pet.
    If venos are soo OP why do our skills suck and are normally the same element as the mob we are killing. If we are sooo OP why do we need a damn pet to be able to do the same stuff every other player solos on a daily basis.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    whoever voted wiz as op clearly has not played much
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2009

but you see ream bug makes venos op but abit less cuz of genies
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    but you see ream bug makes venos op but abit less cuz of genies
    OK OK I'll give the PVP servers that one. But pve servers cant complain about the herc cause from what I hear its been nerfed. But you never have to worry about a nix from me cause I always leave my pets skills as they are when i get them.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited June 2009
    Therefore you do not actually know what its like to be PVP by a nix? So calling the whole post **(((( whatever u said.. (forgot) isn't based upon stuff you've experienced.

I think for the sake of knowing how others feel in the situation(which I don't, cause I don't PK or PVP) but it might be nice for each veno to use a pet their lvl and duel or PVP with a veno who has a nix.

I really dont kno much about the subject but I can see the argument on both sides.

OK OK I'll give the PVP servers that one. But pve servers cant complain about the herc cause from what I hear its been nerfed. But you never have to worry about a nix from me cause I always leave my pets skills as they are when i get them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Andromeda my wizard at lvl 73 hits harder than a lvl 95 bm or barb. Not sure about other classes as they don't tank. Even tho it takes awhile for my skills to cast, I've stolen aggro from a lvl 95 blademaster wielding fists in the middle of FB 51 and ummm Rankar had NO MERCY.

Wizard hits HARD!!! we get hit hard too. I remember at level 20 or so I was already hitting harder than my lvl 68 bm hits. Maybe even harder than she crits too I can't remember now tis been awhile. No, my wiz is NOT pure MAG either.

B/c of this experience when I made a cleric I made sure to put in some vit, and str and not be pure mag. No fun to steal aggro every time and die.

Just saying, I can see why people would vote wiz.

whoever voted wiz as op clearly has not played much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Therefore you do not actually know what its like to be PVP by a nix? So calling the whole post **(((( whatever u said.. (forgot) isn't based upon stuff you've experienced.

I think for the sake of knowing how others feel in the situation(which I don't, cause I don't PK or PVP) but it might be nice for each veno to use a pet their lvl and duel or PVP with a veno who has a nix.

I really dont kno much about the subject but I can see the argument on both sides.

???? Where the **** you get from what I said that I've never been killed by a nix??? Your like every other **** on here that sees that my Avitar is on HT then automaticly thinks thats the only server I play on. I PVP I DUAL IVE BEEN BEAT BY EVERY CLASS AND THE MOST COMMON PETS SO YES IM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENC.But the fact remains The whole damn veno community get blamed for being OP for the few dirty playing SOBs that like to abuse bugs.There are 5 servers I can not beleive every veno out there has a nix with fleashream. 1 bugged skill abused by the lazy lowlifes does not equal an OP class.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited June 2009
    You missed the point. A few posts ago someone mentioned that a veno with a herc could solo something that took a squad of 4 to kill. Therefore she felt it was OP. This isn't about a bugged skill, nor about the nix even. It was about regular game play.

I asked you a few posts back and your answer was rather vague. Matter of fact you didn't answer my questions at all. Only to say your lvl was too low that you was OP by everything on your alts.

I personally have never felt the sting of a nix, can't say. But this isn't about a bugged skill being abused, and therefore being an OP class.

Her fact was as I posted above. That itself does deserve some looking into.

???? Where the **** you get from what I said that I've never been killed by a nix??? Your like every other **** on here that sees that my Avitar is on HT then automaticly thinks thats the only server I play on. But the fact remains The whole damn veno community get blamed for being OP for the few dirty playing SOBs that like to abuse bugs.There are 5 servers I can not beleive every veno out there has a nix with fleashream. 1 bugged skill abused by the lazy lowlifes does not equal an OP class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikeymanman
    mikeymanman Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think youre all pretty damn stupid. Throwing around the word 'overpowered' like a football in the summertime, without a care in the world. Incase you're all unaware, bleed is fully capable of being reduced. It is reduced on mobs higher level than the phoenix itself. If it is reduced there, it is reduced in PVP too.

Do the math, lets say youre hit by a 90 phoenix: base attack + 200% damage over 9 seconds
    (4096+30%) + ([4096+30%] x 200%) over 9 seconds (not sure if I set the formula correctly, but it does = alot)

Arcane and Archer classes dont have much HP/Defense to begin with, maybe the reduced version is even enough to hurt like hell. The fact of the matter is, Im pretty sure the one time the moderators here answered to a stupid thread like this was to appease whiners.

Without a chicken, the class is useless in general in TW. Other pets dont hurt that much, and our spells suck.

All I see here are venos vs non venos calling each other overpowered like a bunch of idiots. There is no such thing as over powered in this game, all classes are balanced without making others useless. There is no proof that flesh ream is 'bugged.'

All it is is a bunch of whiny children who are pissed off they cant have it all on one class.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    But I have felt the sting of a nix. The whole sting comes from the bugged skill. Most peoples problem is the nix and herc. From my understanding the hercs tanking abbility has been nerfed. I have seen it. Ive been haveing to help a friend keep her herc healed on mobs that she used to be able to keep it heal on by herself. Look at any rant on the forums about venos. Those two cashshop pets almost always have something to do with it. One is being nerfed and the devs need to get off their lazy asses and fix the other. Your previouse post never mentioned the herc. You only talked about the nix so thats all I responded with. Just try to remember without those pets we would prettymuch be ****ed. I dont like mele classes but without pets thats what a veno would be. The pet is peoples problem. The pet is also needed to make venos equal.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear
    ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol pheonix is evil, but yea like to see 50 veno's take on 50 clerics lolz
  • mikeymanman
    edited June 2009
    Hercules hasnt been dumbed down in any way, dont start false rumors.
    edited June 2009
    I don't agree or disagree with any of it. I had a veno once, played it for about 10-15 lvls and deleted it. I didn't like it. I know very little about them. I know that I had a friend who leveled his veno at the same time I was leveling my blademaster. The amount of times he died before getting a herc was astonishing. I bet 30 times a night and I am not exaggerating.

He spent a lot of money getting a herc and a nix. About a month later he made a barb b:chuckle . And I made this wiz. After the herc he still died, but not nearly as much or as often.

I really think as I said in a prior post that as a whole the most ppl who voted veno probably are PVPers or ppl who get in PK mode and get miffed. The only problem I have with the class is when they intentionally stiff you on mobs. Using their skills and a pet to intentionally kill everything and make you irritated.

As I said in the beginning, I voted archer!b:surrender Peace peoples!

And as for Mikey who made the post above, the nerve of you! Its amazing you can sit and call us all idiots and more... yet waste your time trying to justify what you are saying about the overpowerment. If you don't like the poll or the post here is a clue.. DON'T READ IT.. you even have a second option. DON'T RESPOND!

But I have felt the sting of a nix. The whole sting comes from the bugged skill. Most peoples problem is the nix and herc. From my understanding the hercs tanking abbility has been nerfed. I have seen it. Ive been haveing to help a friend keep her herc healed on mobs that she used to be able to keep it heal on by herself. Look at any rant on the forums about venos. Those two cashshop pets almost always have something to do with it. One is being nerfed and the devs need to get off their lazy asses and fix the other. Your previouse post never mentioned the herc. You only talked about the nix so thats all I responded with. Just try to remember without those pets we would prettymuch be ****ed. I dont like mele classes but without pets thats what a veno would be. The pet is peoples problem. The pet is also needed to make venos equal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    I don't agree or disagree with any of it. I had a veno once, played it for about 10-15 lvls and deleted it. I didn't like it. I know very little about them. I know that I had a friend who leveled his veno at the same time I was leveling my blademaster. The amount of times he died before getting a herc was astonishing. I bet 30 times a night and I am not exaggerating.

He spent a lot of money getting a herc and a nix. About a month later he made a barb b:chuckle . And I made this wiz. After the herc he still died, but not nearly as much or as often.

I really think as I said in a prior post that as a whole the most ppl who voted veno probably are PVPers or ppl who get in PK mode and get miffed. The only problem I have with the class is when they intentionally stiff you on mobs. Using their skills and a pet to intentionally kill everything and make you irritated.

As I said in the beginning, I voted archer!b:surrender Peace peoples!

And as for Mikey who made the post above, the nerve of you! Its amazing you can sit and call us all idiots and more... yet waste your time trying to justify what you are saying about the overpowerment. If you don't like the poll or the post here is a clue.. DON'T READ IT.. you even have a second option. DON'T RESPOND!

Ok Ok b:surrender I will accept a truce.

For nowb:sin
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • mikeymanman
    edited June 2009
    The end justifies the needs. Have not heard the term, 'no use crying over spilt milk?' The milk was spilled epochs ago, yet here you all are still bickering among yourselves like imbecilic children.

What is the point of the congregation of players to share acquired experiences and ideas if all they do is use them to create haughty and pretentious arguments over why they wish one class can be dumbed down even more than it already is.

Who here remembers when archers were game breakingly strong? THAT is overpowered and has since been fixed. If the phoenix WAS such a similar issue, it would have been addressed and redressed, so here I say to you. How dare you? Where do YOU get the nerve to sit here and trash talk a class you admittedly said:
    I know very little about them.
    Do not make argumentem if youre only going to use fallacies of affirming the consequent.

Example:
    Phoenix does alot of damage.
    Phoenix users use flesh ream,
    Therefore Phoenix/flesh ream must be bugged

or

Flesh Ream hurts alot when used by Phoenix.
    Venos own the phoenix,
    Therefore venos must be over powered.

Arguments of this form are invalid, in that the conclusion (3) does not have to follow even when statements 1 and 2 are true. The simple reason for this is that P was never asserted as the only cause of Q, so, in general, any number of other factors could have caused Q (while P was false).
    edited June 2009
    b:crymuch?b:cry
    The end justifies the needs. Have not heard the term, 'no use crying over spilt milk?' The milk was spilled epochs ago, yet here you all are still bickering among yourselves like imbecilic children.Not everyone has been on this game since the dawn of time. (or its start date) So the fact that occassionally new players are going to question things should go without saying.

What is the point of the congregation of players to share acquired experiences and ideas if all they do is use them to create haughty and pretentious arguments over why they wish one class can be dumbed down even more than it already is. Its not just a small bit, have you seen how many people voted? If it was one or two people sure. But the amount of people who voted on this poll is staggering in comparison.

Who here remembers when archers were game breakingly strong? THAT is overpowered and has since been fixed. If the phoenix WAS such a similar issue, it would have been addressed and redressed, so here I say to you. How dare you? Where do YOU get the nerve to sit here and trash talk a class you admittedly said:

Do not make argumentem if youre only going to use fallacies of affirming the consequent.

Example:
    Phoenix does alot of damage.
    Phoenix users use flesh ream,
    Therefore Phoenix/flesh ream must be bugged

or

Flesh Ream hurts alot when used by Phoenix.
    Venos own the phoenix,
    Therefore venos must be over powered.

Arguments of this form are invalid, in that the conclusion (3) does not have to follow even when statements 1 and 2 are true. The simple reason for this is that P was never asserted as the only cause of Q, so, in general, any number of other factors could have caused Q (while P was false).
    I SAID NONE OF THIS! NONE OF IT> Not even an example of it. So as that may be true for the people who state such a thing, it doesn't apply to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Mikey its the The end justifies the means. b:beatupb:beatup
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • mikeymanman
    edited June 2009
    I can modify modern lexicon as I see fit, I had enough of you in iRO Tiggy, dont start here too.
This discussion has been closed.