Whats your opinion of clerics?

Comments

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think Clerics honestly need to grow a pair, and not be afraid to say NO. "No, I will not fly all over the bloody world just to res you." "No, I'm not going to buff you with you asking 'buffs plz' every 2 seconds" "No, I'm not going to help you with this boss, because you ignored me when I asked for help with mine." "No, I'm not ressing you. You been ksing me the whole time I've been here."

Too many clerics say yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and get taken advantage of wayyyyy too much. The stories of stupidity I've heard from my GF cleric... Ugh. People are dumb, and blame the clerics for their own stupity.

Now... As for my opinion, on FB/TT runs, etc? There is one rule I live by in every single one. No matter what, the cleric STAYS ALIVE. If that means sacrificing myself to do it, I'm there. I'm expendable. The cleric is not. I've actually given res scrolls and GA's to my cleric friends, just in case.

Now... As for the best healer in gaming history? That'd be the White Mages from the original FF. Hammer wielding healers FTW.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Isala I am the same way on my wizard, I am expendable I try to keep the cleric alive. However on my cleric.. that is another matter.

B/c of my wizard tho, I've learned how to do exactly that, NOOOOO!! I add ppl to my friends list that help me with bosses. Those are the people I ask to help me with my fbs. If they aren't available guess what, I wait. Those who help me are those who deserve the extra exp and rep. Not the jerk who stays on wc all day asking to do my fb but won't help me kill a boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Farain - Dreamweaver
    Farain - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've never met a cleric.
    Ihave a high regard for one that puts the good of the whole above the good of the one, and would be honored to meet a cleric some day, and would equally be honored to have one in a squad.
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well said indeed, we are def not a support class.

I won't tolerate someone demanding heals, buffs or a revive. If they do, I will say "do it yourself!" b:chuckle

I look forward to my high levels where we are more respected more. Good to know this info.
    I think this comes full circle to another discussion on the forum, that ended up being a flame war.

Clerics are not just for other's use.

A cleric can choose to keep the party alive, just as the tank can. That is the shared responsibility of the cleric and tank.

I highly doubt the genies replaced the cleric at all. The genies offer insufficient healing, they don't res you, and they offer minimal protection spells to cover your **** when you got yourself in a mess.

I do agree on the polite bit. Dont order me to res you or heal you. I take orders from no one unless they are my Officers in TW. Rudeness will only be heard by others, not by me.

I have found, in later levels, clerics are highly respected among all classes. They are essential in Rebirth and ALL instances, as well as TW.

Perhaps it is the arrogance of the ignorant in the earlier levels from others that just puts a bad taste in every cleric's mouth.
    edited June 2009
    B/c of my wizard tho, I've learned how to do exactly that, NOOOOO!! I add ppl to my friends list that help me with bosses. Those are the people I ask to help me with my fbs. If they aren't available guess what, I wait. Those who help me are those who deserve the extra exp and rep. Not the jerk who stays on wc all day asking to do my fb but won't help me kill a boss.

That is the truth. I really appreciate you do that and I am doing that as well. I'm a newbie cleric still at lvl 27 and am glad I see people who don't take **** from rude people.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My opinion of clerics? HMMMMMM **** the cleric I'll take care of myself. Go heal and rez someone else. I'm a loner by nature.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My opinion of clerics? HMMMMMM **** the cleric I'll take care of myself. Go heal and rez someone else. I'm a loner by nature.

I would say except when it comes to your FBs you would want Cleric around.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Clerics are a Tanks best friend b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've never met a cleric.
    Ihave a high regard for one that puts the good of the whole above the good of the one, and would be honored to meet a cleric some day, and would equally be honored to have one in a squad.

You're kidding, right?
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
    edited June 2009

How incredibly rude and immature of you to say. Ok you are a loner but why say something so ignorant? You must have had either a bad experience with clerics or you are just plain childish.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    I would say except when it comes to your FBs you would want Cleric around.

I have two cleric friends that I FB with. They are the only ones I trust to cover my **** in anything on this game.

To the person that said I'm being rude. Clerics are a luxury not a nessecity (damn i really spelled those wrong) Atleast I'm not trying to get you to come all the way across the map to res me so I dont loose EXP. Atleast I'm not constantly bugging you for buffs or heals. Yes i shouldn't have said **** the clerics. But I still stand beside my view on go heal someone else I'll take care of myself.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Farain - Dreamweaver
    Farain - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You're kidding, right?

No I am not kidding.

I do not seem to be too social, not from choice, just the way it works out.
    When I die, (which I do alot of), I go to town, and learn my lesson.

Yes I am a noob, and if I do something stupid I'm not going to whine and complain, I take my lumps.
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    umm yea not many games out there that have a healer that wears heavy and uses un-mage like weapons. The majority of games has a cleric with robes and staffs.

Rappelz - Bishop is the best healer i'v ever seen.
    Switches between Staff and Mace. Has seals, stuns, freezes, debuffs, nukes, spammable nukes, aoe seals stuns and debuffs, buffs, heals and even a reduced dmg buff if they choose to go sheild + 1h staff or mace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have two cleric friends that I FB with. They are the only ones I trust to cover my **** in anything on this game.

To the person that said I'm being rude. Clerics are a luxury not a nessecity (damn i really spelled those wrong) Atleast I'm not trying to get you to come all the way across the map to res me so I dont loose EXP. Atleast I'm not constantly bugging you for buffs or heals. Yes i shouldn't have said **** the clerics. But I still stand beside my view on go heal someone else I'll take care of myself.

Clerics are a luxury, not a necessity? b:shutup is what you should do.

This game was designed for each and every character to be a necessity in order to play this game and all parts of it.

You OBVIOUSLY have not played this game enough, nor been in enough instances to know that your precious pet that you worship can only do so much, without the assistance of the rest of the classes.

Twilight Temple: Id like to see you tank some of those bosses, especially Ancient Evil, without anyone's help. Especially a cleric.

Frostcovered City squad mode: Id like to see you tank those bosses and lure those mobs without anyones help. Especially a cleric.

Lunar Glade: Id like to see you last 5 minutes alone in there without anyones help. Especially a cleric.

You have a lot to learn about this game. Id suggest you stop posting ignorant remarks and go play the game, so you can learn a few things.

Have fun being a 'loner' with that type of attitude. You wont get very far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    fw and lunar are soloable for venos you idiot. most of hh is too.
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Clerics are a luxury not a nessecity

Y'know, I feel truly blessed that I learn something new each and every day via my visits to these forums.

When was the update that gave the other professions their own versions of Regeneration Aura and Purify? Does your Ironheart works in the same way as ours also?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

Risen read above
    Clerics are a luxury, not a necessity? b:shutup is what you should do.

This game was designed for each and every character to be a necessity in order to play this game and all parts of it.

You OBVIOUSLY have not played this game enough, nor been in enough instances to know that your precious pet that you worship can only do so much, without the assistance of the rest of the classes.

Twilight Temple: Id like to see you tank some of those bosses, especially Ancient Evil, without anyone's help. Especially a cleric.

Frostcovered City squad mode: Id like to see you tank those bosses and lure those mobs without anyones help. Especially a cleric.

Lunar Glade: Id like to see you last 5 minutes alone in there without anyones help. Especially a cleric.

You have a lot to learn about this game. Id suggest you stop posting ignorant remarks and go play the game, so you can learn a few things.

Have fun being a 'loner' with that type of attitude. You wont get very far.

Seriously Risen Your the one that needs tob:shutup. There are soo many items in the game that makes it where you dont need a cleric. You said about pets. Ok get a full squad of venos with atleast two hercs and they can do just about anything. The good thing about venos we can heal each others pets. 3 venos with max heal pet healing the herc at the same time. Yes I'm a loner but if need be I will cooperate with others as stated earlyer in the thread. Like I said clerice arnt needed with all the pots charms and other **** in the game. I will admit if I'm alone my pet may not survive. If that happens I can just call on other venos to help keep my pet alive.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

In Frostcovered Squad mode a Veno would get owned or lose a huge amount of pots/charms just on the mobs. The first boss has a damage increase debuff, Herc would get slaughtered, Veno don't have purify skill.

I am not so sure about Lunar as I have only done solo mode and up to the first boss.

TT or HH as you call it is certainly very doable by Venos even in squad mode if they have herc to some extent. However 2-3 and 3-2+ squad mose are not soloable by Veno with the exception of a few bosses.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    aaah good ol baldur's gate w/ its full plate clerics wielding blunt weaponry...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    YAY baldur's gate
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    scridon wrote: »
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

In Frostcovered Squad mode a Veno would get owned or lose a huge amount of pots/charms just on the mobs. The first boss has a damage increase debuff, Herc would get slaughtered, Veno don't have purify skill.

I am not so sure about Lunar as I have only done solo mode and up to the first boss.

TT or HH as you call it is certainly very doable by Venos even in squad mode if they have herc to some extent. However 2-3 and 3-2+ squad mose are not soloable by Veno with the exception of a few bosses.

i know exactly what i'm talking about, newgen. i've been in fw party mode. the first boss debuffs, but the herc can still tank it with a 2nd healer. and the self buff is easily overlooked with a venos deubff skill.

lunar is easy as ****.

hh is harder than the other 2.
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    but the herc can still tank it with a 2nd healer

Not a contradiction huh??
    edited June 2009
    This statement only reiterates what I said about peoples mindsets in this game (Rose,Tear) Read it closely this is what I meant!!!!!! People think b/c they have Ga's they don't need a cleric. All mighty venos feel they can tank anything with a pet. (good luck btw).

See what I mean by heavens tear? maybe its just that server that leaves a icky taste in my mouth. The people from heavens tear have these messed up philosophies. Tigriss I better NEVER see you wc for a res.. cause my follow up post will look like this.>>>>
    veno tigris who says they don't need a cleric b:chuckle now wants a res?b:laugh b:victory

Risen read above

Seriously Risen Your the one that needs tob:shutup. There are soo many items in the game that makes it where you dont need a cleric. You said about pets. Ok get a full squad of venos with atleast two hercs and they can do just about anything. The good thing about venos we can heal each others pets. 3 venos with max heal pet healing the herc at the same time. Yes I'm a loner but if need be I will cooperate with others as stated earlyer in the thread. Like I said clerice arnt needed with all the pots charms and other **** in the game. I will admit if I'm alone my pet may not survive. If that happens I can just call on other venos to help keep my pet alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well said indeed, we are def not a support class.

We are actually because we can heal and buff. This does not mean however that we cannot and do not have DD powers.
    Clerics are a Tanks best friend b:cute

b:cute

--> You said it before I could scridon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    scridon wrote: »
    Not a contradiction huh??

that's only the first boss. much like hh, a veno can't solo every single boss. that first boss is 1 of about 30.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    This statement only reiterates what I said about peoples mindsets in this game (Rose,Tear) Read it closely this is what I meant!!!!!! People think b/c they have Ga's they don't need a cleric. All mighty venos feel they can tank anything with a pet. (good luck btw).

See what I mean by heavens tear? maybe its just that server that leaves a icky taste in my mouth. The people from heavens tear have these messed up philosophies. Tigriss I better NEVER see you wc for a res.. cause my follow up post will look like this.>>>>
    veno tigris who says they don't need a cleric b:chuckle now wants a res?b:laugh b:victory

You wont you can ask Mysticlife I never ask for rez. Hell I tend to respawn when I die and there is a cleric in the squad standing right beside me. (course thats force of habit from being alone all the time)And uh about the Ga's I never use them
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Yeah, I know there are people out there who can do everything themselves. And that is fine, less for me to worry about. It will however be an issue when they really do need help. No harm done to the Clerics, we have better things to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Risen read above

i know exactly what i'm talking about, newgen. i've been in fw party mode. the first boss debuffs, but the herc can still tank it with a 2nd healer. and the self buff is easily overlooked with a venos deubff skill.

lunar is easy as ****.

hh is harder than the other 2.
    that's only the first boss. much like hh, a veno can't solo every single boss. that first boss is 1 of about 30.

You both obviously contradict yourselves in your own statements, and are now reaching the point of stumbling over yourselves and your own words.

I even am beginning to wonder if you are the same person, under two seprate accounts. Or more or less, two morons who are probably in the same noob faction, who just want to stir up trouble to be heard by someone because they fail in real life, so they attempt to matter by talking about things they dont even know.

Going in and killing the first or second boss in Frost City doesnt classify as completing a full run and knowing what your talking about. Id like to know how your squad of veno's got past the Glacix: Wu in the hallway towards the Cyclotra Styren boss without any outside healing. Id also like to know how long it took for your squad of venos to complete a full run in Frost City, if all of you were too busy healing the tanking Herc. The crits alone in that instance from those bosses can cripple even the toughest of barbarians, with their debuffs.

Also, Twilight Temple (this is the International version, so dont use HH like you are some hotshot who knows what they are talking about) 2-3 and 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3 single mode doesnt count towards this discussion. We are talking about Squad Mode, where certain items drop that are required for gears.

Same goes for Lunar Glade. And when City of Abominations finally is up and running, I cant wait to see your precious Hercules do everything in there.

If you think the veno class can solo everything in this game, then by all means go right ahead and try.

You both have lost the game in its entirety. Congratulations. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    another clueless newgen from sanctuary =/

have you ever been in lunar glade? it's one of the "easier" instances. even party mode is easy, you just need a high enough tank. but i'm just stirring up trouble with this person i've never met in my entire life.

love it when people throw assumptions around like they're facts.
    edited June 2009
    Risen I tend to like your posts, usually in their entirety.

This also (refer to flame threads about venos being overpowered)shows why people believe that venos are over powered. But any veno worth anything will admit that their pet can not do it all. Eventually when they are tired of dying, or their charms ticking like crazy they will admit that Clerics aren't just a useful class, they are a needed class. Especially in instances.

They will eventually get it, and when they do I hope the cleric standing over their dead body walks right on by :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]