Mage unfair treatment

Comments

• Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think smart tab holders should be wanting wizards in their FB parties. And, not just in something like FB59.

You see, your chances of getting drops from an FB boss depends on the level of whoever kills him. So if you want good drop chances you want someone with an appropriate level and some serious damage potential.

Wizards are not completely unique, here, but we are not worthless, either.

(Also, our water damage buff -- if leveled -- helps archers deal damage. But you probably did not become a wizard so you could buff people?)

Umm, once again Wizards are secondary damage dealers to archers, proven fact. And the water buff gives a insignificant damage boost.

well then go make another char and stop crying about it :)

How about you get off my ****ing balls. Just because I rant about how the game hates wizards (proven fact) doesn't mean I'm going to quit playing after 8 months. GTFO
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Umm, once again Wizards are secondary damage dealers to archers, proven fact. And the water buff gives a insignificant damage boost.

How about you get off my ****ing balls. Just because I rant about how the game hates wizards (proven fact) doesn't mean I'm going to quit playing after 8 months. GTFO

QQ and stfu already. It seems every other week you have a complaint about your class. Go make a veno and buy a nix this way you never have to think anymore (not like you do now). b:cry
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    So, like, when I am squadded with a level 60 archer, and everything he kills just drops coins and when I kill stuff I get *ahem* amazing stuff like bolts and mystical meat and so on, my average squad level gave me my droprate?

(I do not know what test you did, but maybe you should try again?)

b:cry

Hey maybe just maybe you don't understand that it has NOTHING to do with who kills it. Hate plays a PART in it, but not even close to all of it. Also since ur squading with a level 60 archer have fun leveling later on. b:bye n00b
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    QQ and stfu already. It seems every other week you have a complaint about your class. Go make a veno and buy a nix this way you never have to think anymore (not like you do now). b:cry

I have a complaint about this class because in pve this class is seriously gimped (I don't mean stupid things like killing mobs or grinding, I mean things like HH, FB, GV, CV). However, I think this is the funnest class by far to pvp with. Why would I go lvl a veno with a nix and be bored out of my mind by pressing 1 button to kill people??
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well, this class is gimped first because of ppl just dismissing wizz for squads based on rummors. Then second, yeah, we have a few setbacks but also a lot of qualities, especially after lvl 80.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What rumours, Ursa?
    We're dds, and that's pretty much all we are.
    What other uses do you think we could be used for?
  • tyrtallow
    tyrtallow Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1. Hit points suck,, We can take only a few hits an make it out alive..
    That's because one of things you need to learn about being a wizard is to try to avoid getting hit at all.
    2. Range of are spells suck( We have to be close to the monster to even hit it. Which puts us in the monster range.)
    That's not true. Wizard range is good, but not as great as an Archer's.
    3. Then when you are fighting a monster it always happens to me that one or two just appears behind me and starts attacking.. Your died like always..
    The thing about playing a Wiz is that you need to know how to deal with stuff like this, among other things. Know that when you reach LvL 30 you'll need to be watching out for both hostile mobs and players. TBH, PvE-wise all you really need to do is familiarize yourself with mob spawn points and whether some mobs are aggressive (attacks nearby players without provocation) or social (attacks players that attack its allies). Watching out for pkers is more tricky, I suggest you start familiarizing yourself with the "T" command while your level is lower.
    4. You don't get your push back spell until lvl 39 so your screwed on that at the lower lvls when you really need it.
    Not true. You can kite things, unless you completely ignored your damage-over-time spells. In that case you just made things much harder for yourself early-level wise. Many dispute the usefulness of damage-over-time spells PvP wise, but the fact is that you'll be using higher level spells for PvP anyway. PvE wise, damage-over-time spells are cast faster, have lower chanting time, have instant "hitting" animations and will remain useful to you until the time comes when you must replace them with better spells.
    5. Our spells take to long to fire off so we have to use are best spells at the begin of the battle only then use your gush and fire spell from that point on.
    That's the whole point of why Wizards have spells like Crown of Flame and Pitfall. Use Spark Eruption to make that first spell count, and get to higher levels ASAP so you can replace Crown of Flame and Pitfall with direct damage spells that you can use in PvP.

Tips
    -If you develop your apothecary skills your Wizard will have a much, much easier time getting through low-mid levels. For just 15 nectars and 10 golden herbs for example you can craft low level "pills" that allow you to regenerate 50 HP per second when not in combat for 10 minutes. You can also teach your genie certain skills that will help improve your survivability.
    Wizards today can focus more on offense with the right setup, you just have to be more aware of your other options in-game. No wizard who invested time in apothecary crafting will ever have a hellish time in low-level grinding... from mobs anyway.
    Perhaps the same can be said about genies with Tree of Protection, but I've not yet personally tested out the skill. And as for people saying crafting is a waste of time, ignore them. Besides its amazing usefulness, around 15-20% of the time there will be a herb or some other crafting material near where you'll be meditating.
    -Focus on Glacial Embrace if you intend to hold off PvP until higher levels. Since you'll be meditating a lot Glacial Embrace helps lower those meditation times. Note that +mana regeneration effects like the one from Glacial Embrace are greatly amplified when you're meditating.
    Pyroshell/Stone Barrier are great for PvP, but not so much in PvE when not getting hit in the first place is what counts.
    -If you have a laggy connection you might just want to reroll a new character altogether. Every second counts when you're fighting as a Wizard.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lol'd @ your phoenix use. So

fixed for ya b:victory

Yes i suck, you also suck (u know yourself) LOL b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like Leo hasn't learnt to use FoW against all those magic mobs that pop up around that level.

well, yes i must admit that i'm a noob cause this is my second MMORPG
    my first is Fiesta and my char was a mage there.
    btw, can u teach me how to use phoenix? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Jrudora, I suspect Ursa was referring to rumors of our uselessness.

But I think we can be healers (with morning dew, of course) and pullers (using aoe and distance shrink) and even tanks (when fighting opponents like maybe mantavip or some fb59 bosses). We might or might not be particularly good in our alternate roles (depending), but I feel like we have some utility.

That's mainly why we aren't wanted for squads.
    You've covered it pretty much.
    Aside from damage dealing, we can only do a half assed job at the others.
    For pulling, we'd get ourselves killed without decent gear, and when mobs run wild, we could accidentally cause a party wipe.

Our damage is very high (second to archers), and given our squishyness, can cause some unwanted things to happen if we take aggro, which we easily do.

We can tank mantavip, and some bosses in fb59.
    There are also some bosses I can tank in fb79, and 89.
    But my gear is above average, and if i get interrupted during my attempt to tank a boss, my dps drops rapidly. What happens then is another dd, who surely can't tank the boss will take aggro, and if he dies, will take time to revive, and if things aren't done properly, will cause yet another party wipe.
    Wizards can't keep aggro as well as bms/barbs. We're just not meant to tank.

We can be healers with morning dew, but we're only extremely effective during sutra. Otherwise, its a 4.5 second delay in between heals, which is usually too slow. I won't deny the fact that we as an emergency healer is incredible, but another cleric with maxed blessing of the purehearted can be an even better emergency healer than we can.

We do have "some" utility, but we're easily outclassed by others.
    Introducing a mage into a party has a ratio of more risk than usefulness.

That, imo is why Mages are treated unfairly by PW developers.
    We really should be given more squad based buffs that we can bring into the party.

I mean, let's sum it up:
    Barbarians - Tank (obvious), Hp buff (Very useful), Physical buff (Debatable)
    Clerics - Healers (obvious), Buffs (obvious), Resurrection (Obvious), can even dd on mobs when another cleric is in party. Serves as backup healers.
    Blademasters - Stuns (to keep mobs from attacking as often, very useful), can serve as a backup tank, Aura (more defence, quite useful)
    Venomancers - Single mob pulls, very important in HH. Hercules, to tank some magic based bosses which can damage a barb a lot. Can amplify damage for everyone else (although now we all got extreme poison), and can debuff as well for bosses that can buff themselves.
    Archers - Sharpening Tooth Arrow, period. 16% of a boss' hp cut instantly is no laughing matter.

Mages: Half assed heal that takes 4.5 seconds to channel+cast, and... damage? Nothing else?

I call unfair T_T
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That's mainly why we aren't wanted for squads.
    You've covered it pretty much.
    Aside from damage dealing, we can only do a half assed job at the others.
    For pulling, we'd get ourselves killed without decent gear, and when mobs run wild, we could accidentally cause a party wipe.
    for this sole reason people invite venos to FB. their pets pull anything easily. to my own experience barbs, blademasters and archers cause more squad wipes than wizards.
    Our damage is very high (second to archers), and given our squishyness, can cause some unwanted things to happen if we take aggro, which we easily do.

We can tank mantavip, and some bosses in fb59.
    There are also some bosses I can tank in fb79, and 89.
    But my gear is above average, and if i get interrupted during my attempt to tank a boss, my dps drops rapidly. What happens then is another dd, who surely can't tank the boss will take aggro, and if he dies, will take time to revive, and if things aren't done properly, will cause yet another party wipe.
    Wizards can't keep aggro as well as bms/barbs. We're just not meant to tank.
    only barbs and pets have decent aggro skills. blademasters have 1 aggro skill but it's very, very poor. i'd say it's useless.

robe wizards can tank any magic boss. yes, archer may take aggro but then... dead archer. it won't be your fault if it happens... on the other hand having an archer as tank on high magic boss means the archer will need 1 cleric with regeneration aura and another to ironheart(=2 players dealing 0 damage) while the wizard would need only 1 cleric to be kept alive.
    We can be healers with morning dew, but we're only extremely effective during sutra. Otherwise, its a 4.5 second delay in between heals, which is usually too slow. I won't deny the fact that we as an emergency healer is incredible, but another cleric with maxed blessing of the purehearted can be an even better emergency healer than we can.

We do have "some" utility, but we're easily outclassed by others.
    Introducing a mage into a party has a ratio of more risk than usefulness.
    now you contradict yourself. we can save even barbs through sutra+morning dew. only clerics and wizards can heal others...

now tell me: how often to you squad barbs when grinding? never I guess. because they have low damage.

how often do you invite blademasters to FB/TT/FF? never I guess. because they aren't reliable tanks and their damage is not enough to take a slot as DD.

have you ever asked an archer to tank some high boss for you?

do you ever invite to FB/TT/FF more than 1 veno when 1 single veno is enough to tank bosses?
    That, imo is why Mages are treated unfairly by PW developers.
    We really should be given more squad based buffs that we can bring into the party.

I mean, let's sum it up:
    Barbarians - Tank (obvious), Hp buff (Very useful), Physical buff (Debatable)
    Clerics - Healers (obvious), Buffs (obvious), Resurrection (Obvious), can even dd on mobs when another cleric is in party. Serves as backup healers.
    Blademasters - Stuns (to keep mobs from attacking as often, very useful), can serve as a backup tank, Aura (more defence, quite useful)
    Venomancers - Single mob pulls, very important in HH. Hercules, to tank some magic based bosses which can damage a barb a lot. Can amplify damage for everyone else (although now we all got extreme poison), and can debuff as well for bosses that can buff themselves.
    Archers - Sharpening Tooth Arrow, period. 16% of a boss' hp cut instantly is no laughing matter.

Mages: Half assed heal that takes 4.5 seconds to channel+cast, and... damage? Nothing else?

I call unfair T_T
    1. we're the 2nd best DD class.
    2. we're the 2nd best support class.
    3. we're the best water/earth/fire tanks (HA wiz as sole exception).
    4. we have the best AOE attacks of PW.
    5. we have the best phys def boost of PW.
    6. we have the 2nd best attack range of PW.
    7. we have a number of different builds (pure, magic-vit, LA, HA)

I DO argue frostblade should be much better and elemental shell/soporific sleep should last longer but I do not support QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Jimmijam - Heavens Tear
    Jimmijam - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    in my experience the only trouble iv had as a mage is with increased magic mobs. this is why mage is unfair. why does it take 1/4 dmg off with magic when increased def only takes about 1/2 dmg off with physical??? wiz guzzle mp alot anyways but when it takes 2.5k mp to kill 1 mob at 54 which is about a third of my mps when using wellspring and im a pure wiz. i dread to think the portion of mp it takes a LA wiz. apart from that wiz rule b:pleased
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I can't even tell if you're with me or against me, King_Solomon.
    Anyhow, yes we can save a barb with sutra+heal, but blessing of the purehearted as a secondary heal is so much more effective. For one, it doesn't require the caster to have 2 sparks ready at all times, and second, it heals as effectively, if not even better than a mage's morning dew.

Not to mention, cleric's spells do deal a lot of damage.
    PW's mobs have lower defence than magic defence by nature, which allows plume shot to deal more damage than cyclone.
    We really can't dismiss the fact that a cleric's spell damage with cyclone/plumeshot is equivalent to our pyrogram/gush.

Given the choice, I'd rather have two clerics in my party than a cleric and a mage.
    I would never switch out an archer for a mage, because sharpening tooth shortens the run by a LOT. I might switch out the blademaster, but blademaster's roar keeps the party alive a lot more than a mage can.

Yes we are the 2nd best DD class, that I won't deny.
    But lets put it this way, the number of archers (Best DD) outnumbers us by a lot.
    In a party situation, people prefer archers more than us, thus our slots taken.
    We're the 2nd best support class, but sadly, that's all. We can easily be replaced by a 2nd cleric, which is also much more popular as a class than a mage is.
    We are the best water/earth/fire tanks, but at the same time we can't hold aggro as easily when we're tanking (due to boss' quick attack speed and interruption rate)
    We have the best AOE attacks of PW, but best AOE attacks != best party mate. The fact we do so much damage with our AOE attacks = we take aggro from mobs we should be avoiding = possible party wipe.
    We have the 2nd best attack range, but archers are still ahead.
    We have a number of different builds, but people might not even invite you if you're LA because now your damage is MUCH lower than an archer.
    If you're a vitality build, same as above.
    If you want parties with people who don't know you, then you're probably going to go pure for them to make the most of you.

The problem is we're only 2nd rated to just about every class out there.
    Unless there really is absolutely NO OTHER PLAYERS AVAILABLE, we're rarely an option.

That should reinforce my points above.
    What I'm hoping for is mages to have a party advantage that only mages can provide.
    That, would really make this class more wanted.

EDIT: Now, facts aside though, personal feelings in, I kind of like the fact that we're a rare class, that people do not enjoy playing. Because now we can feel unique, and proud of ourselves for going through with a minor class and actually making it to the top ;) Give yourselves a good pat on the back.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    just personal opinion ? This game , wiz as DDs, lose out to archers as DDs, which totally devalues our existence here at all. There should always be one class only that concentrates so much on DD and its normally wiz.

This game, archers get e too, and furthermore wth, a freakin fast magical attack too. Archers use magic? stupid. So yes we are real DDs only as long as our undine+sutra last. Which is until sparks are gone. After that we suck as DDs..purely losing to archer DPS. Perhaps we were meant to just take out 1 enemy and after that just wait and die. Or if u rich, and have so much time to get lotsa chi pills. Then you might just survive long and get many kills.

Well im sure there are some who will continue to say "get to 9X and it'll be better", but nonetheless, the fact that archer DPS is higher remains. With our long casting time we just suck without sutra.

Conclusion -> Wiz are only good as DD if u can get full -channeling at 9X, many many chi pills to repeat ur hard nukes (Even still sutra cooldown is a *****) so u might just die while waiting . To counter this, go in a group, but even if u go in a group, id rather just take 2 archers who will do constant high DPS, than have 1 wiz who has to wait for sutra , nuke, wait , nuke.
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • tyrtallow
    edited June 2009
    -Wizard damage > Archer damage. The archer has the potential for higher 1 vs 1 damage though, ie bosses, duels, pk but...
    -Wizard are DD's and attackers by nature. Note how some of the "specialities" of other classes appear automatically ingrained as a debuff in some offensive wizard spells ie you're not supposed to stop attacking.
    -Wizards outdamage clerics by a longshot. Then again, clerics don't need any more damage and can kill many things (including any unsuspecting Wizard) easily anyway. So be nice... Still, in the Wizard's defense if the cleric actually decides to use her spark for Spark Eruption like a Wizard...
    -Spark Eruption is still one most important wizards skills. Sutra? VS bosses? What are you thinking?! You're not nuking a BM in hopes of killing him before he flays you alive, but fighting a very powerful monster with tons of HP. Spark Eruption grants less damage but using one spark at a time increases the number of attacks you can use it on. Pray for a crit. Or don't. Depending on where you want that aggro.
    -Morning Dew is a situational heal. I really don't think it's even practical at all as a secondary heal. The venomancer's MP<->HP, that's a secondary heal.
    -The wizard's main use is DD. Sadly that DD is not absolutely necessary and survival still > DD.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I envy you Jrudora and Cryxtal, you two know the truth
    and can explain very well b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Anyhow, yes we can save a barb with sutra+heal, but blessing of the purehearted as a secondary heal is so much more effective. For one, it doesn't require the caster to have 2 sparks ready at all times, and second, it heals as effectively, if not even better than a mage's morning dew.
    i can't deny clerics do it better than we do. the first time my guild kill 1-2 high drummer we had 2 clerics to keep squad alive while i kept barb up. we were all much lower than now but we succeeded. later on, we killed wurlord and finished fb70 with the same strategy. the point is: getting 2 clerics is not always easy. getting 3 is even worse... then why not to get a wizard to do it when there's not other choice?

nowadays i usually do fb59 with a lower barb and we don't need cleric to do it with wine. his charm never ticks. this week a friend (lower level wiz) told me he had soloed fb59 with HP charm. i've got to check it on my own because i think the wood boss still hits me a bit high. then i wonder... would an archer survive the other 4 magic bosses?
    Not to mention, cleric's spells do deal a lot of damage.
    PW's mobs have lower defence than magic defence by nature, which allows plume shot to deal more damage than cyclone.
    We really can't dismiss the fact that a cleric's spell damage with cyclone/plumeshot is equivalent to our pyrogram/gush.
    i've got to agree plume shot is great and that makes clerics kill inc mag res mobs without a sweat but we have 3 elemental weakness to hit. also we've got will of phoenix to push back mobs while the only thing a cleric can do is to seal the mob. also we have great slowing spells (which allows us to kite easily since very low levels), we have sutra, we gain more damage with spark eruptions due to higher % gains on skills and our ultimates are far superior than tempest.
    I would never switch out an archer for a mage, because sharpening tooth shortens the run by a LOT. I might switch out the blademaster, but blademaster's roar keeps the party alive a lot more than a mage can.
    well... i guess your FoW lvl is good. how many times have you saved archers?
    see? we can do something they cannot... also your frostblade works flawlessly with archers. roar is better than FoW but in practise our range is far more useful to save squad mates. I don't mean replacing an archer or a cleric to get a wiz in. I mean they all can be in the same squad.
    Yes we are the 2nd best DD class, that I won't deny.
    But lets put it this way, the number of archers (Best DD) outnumbers us by a lot.
    In a party situation, people prefer archers more than us, thus our slots taken.
    We're the 2nd best support class, but sadly, that's all. We can easily be replaced by a 2nd cleric, which is also much more popular as a class than a mage is.
    in PvP servers there are just too many archers because it's a known fact they have the highest dmg. even here in HT archers are more popular than wizards but getting into random squads is not hard, at least to me. not sure about LC but here some archers (even high levels from major guilds) make a lot of mess with TT squads.
    We are the best water/earth/fire tanks, but at the same time we can't hold aggro as easily when we're tanking (due to boss' quick attack speed and interruption rate)
    same happens to clerics and archers... probably you have already seen clerics soloing mantavip. even with their short channel ironheart/purify their HP bars show it interrupts a lot.
    We have the best AOE attacks of PW, but best AOE attacks != best party mate. The fact we do so much damage with our AOE attacks = we take aggro from mobs we should be avoiding = possible party wipe.
    We have the 2nd best attack range, but archers are still ahead.
    We have a number of different builds, but people might not even invite you if you're LA because now your damage is MUCH lower than an archer.
    If you're a vitality build, same as above.
    If you want parties with people who don't know you, then you're probably going to go pure for them to make the most of you.
    these alternative builds are supposed to be endgame choices as we have reset notes. but people don't care about it and make these builds since low level. as you say dmg is much worse than pure.
    the last time i used aoe in a dungeon was at 20 20 20 on wraithgate. that was because the barb had died and half a dozen mobs would kill the cleric and then bye bye squad. i aoe them all and got killed but saved them. minutes later we had no barb and i had to tank it all. i tell this not to show up but to make you realise noob wizards may lead to squad wipes but experienced ones do just the very opposite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Cheaper - Harshlands
    Cheaper - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Reszonate, I take it your new to this game? arcane cleric > wizard.
    remember they have a physical attack which will 1 shot u mostly at lower levels if ur robe.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    All I can say is wait for the candies and watch the discussions change really quick
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    remember they have a physical attack which will 1 shot u mostly at lower levels if ur robe.

yeah, and how much time do you spend on those low lvls?
    And why should that count? we should compare the chars every 5 lvls to see who's gimped ?
    Wizard is a hard class to build it right. There aren't many options. You can still have crappy gear on other classes, the skills/hp will save you. There is no option for wizz, you're either get it right or wrong.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Just so you know BT can also 1shot clerics
  • tyrtallow
    edited June 2009
    The thing about clerics is that unless you grow another set of arms you won't be using both Plume Shot and your support skills at the same time. The fact is that the cleric has other priorities. Just because you have the option of one-shotting a Wiz doesn't mean you'll have all the time in world to act on it. Sure, show yourself in the front lines whydontcha.

Of course Duel/PK-wise, sure you can try killing each other your heart's content. Everyone else does. "Roles" are simply much more flexible in small-scale PvP. A cleric has a good chance to own any Wiz in small-scale PvP.

But learn to distinguish between the two "modes". You don't see clerics going all out offensive in fb's much, and you rarely see clerics playing pure support in small-scale PvP. On both "modes", the role of the cleric and wizards do not clash. Wizards play DD in fb's and opportunists in small scale PvP. So on what basis are you saying Clerics>Wizard when there is little common ground between how they work in pratice in the first place? Archer vs Wizard is a better topic, and much more controversial.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    We gain more damage with spark eruptions due to higher % gains on skills

Are You sure? I have to test it but I wouldn't expect the % gains on skills to matter at all. After You use a spark some value (for example 400% of equipment m attack value + level in case of advanced eruption) is added to your base M attack and I'm pretty sure that's it.

About being secondary DD. I'm not so sure too. Well I'm sure we are not primary and I'm ready to assume we are above clerics in case of party battles against bosses, where everybody is buffed, but Venos with their pets are not to be neglected especially in TT. Venos alone might do less damage than wizards and pets alone too, but combined? And the advantage is that the damage is split so pulling aggro is very unlikely.

I have a Veno at lvl 48 now so it's very low and everything can change yet, but so far there is no comparison between her and this wizard in terms of DPS. With her scorpion the veno outdamages the wizard from it's late 40's by a wide margin.
    edited June 2009
    Are You sure? I have to test it but I wouldn't expect the % gains on skills to matter at all. After You use a spark some value (for example 400% of equipment m attack value + level in case of advanced eruption) is added to your base M attack and I'm pretty sure that's it.
    frankly i'm not sure about the spark maths but the result is shown on magic attack tab when you press C. let's say you doubled your base magic attack with 2 spark eruption. then if you hit pitfall you'll notice the gain was poor but still enough to be noticed. but if you try glacial snare/divine pyro/sandstorm instead, the result will be impressive. that must be the high % base damage bonus these spells have.
    About being secondary DD. I'm not so sure too. Well I'm sure we are not primary and I'm ready to assume we are above clerics in case of party battles against bosses, where everybody is buffed, but Venos with their pets are not to be neglected especially in TT. Venos alone might do less damage than wizards and pets alone too, but combined? And the advantage is that the damage is split so pulling aggro is very unlikely.
    every time i have an archer in my squad i use frostblade. even if we had enough damage to catch up (through -% channel items, sutra, undine etc.) they would always have 1 buff we don't. maybe without it comparing would be viable but to my experience similar archers deal more damage on average than we do.

when a pet tanks a boss the veno is forced to heal it non-stop. but once the pet is not the tank there's a lot to explore... werefox skill befudding mist lowers target's accuracy by 70%. amplify damage makes the target take +20% damage for 2 minutes. there's a pet skill (forgot the name) which inetrrupts channel. now i ask: is it overkill to have 2 venos in a TT squad? I see most people preaching archers are better without knowing other classes enough. or maybe because archers are simple and straightforward while most classes have distinct skills paths and builds to follow?
    I have a Veno at lvl 48 now so it's very low and everything can change yet, but so far there is no comparison between her and this wizard in terms of DPS. With her scorpion the veno outdamages the wizard from it's late 40's by a wide margin.
    I've got a noob heavy veno with magic weapon. i always fight with pet tanking. once MP is high i just use scarabs like any other veno. when MP gets low i switch to fox and attack without skills. it's surprisingly easy and cheap to train. it's sad the very few heavy venos i've seen don't use magic weapon and have no pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2009

when a pet tanks a boss the veno is forced to heal it non-stop. but once the pet is not the tank there's a lot to explore... werefox skill befudding mist lowers target's accuracy by 70%. amplify damage makes the target take +20% damage for 2 minutes. there's a pet skill (forgot the name) which inetrrupts channel. now i ask: is it overkill to have 2 venos in a TT squad? I see most people preaching archers are better without knowing other classes enough. or maybe because archers are simple and straightforward while most classes have distinct skills paths and builds to follow?

If veno doesn't tank, they are the handsdown best DD in TT. It's not even comparable. Get Barb, Cleric, Archer, 2 Veno, ANY CLASS. Watch stuff die extra fast. Veno pet bugs ftw.
  • FireMagican - Sanctuary
    FireMagican - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    like you see i'm lvl 63 now and mage
    and i could say that till lvl 60 its much easier
    your armor is the best because nearly all mobs are magic
    you deal much more dmg then other
    and the genie tree of protection could save your **** if there is no cleric next to you
    ok maybe venos and clerics lvl are bit fast solo
    but mages are also very good till 60 and are even better till 80( what i heard from teh guides)

Arcanus
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the accuracy debuff, no matter how good it is, doesn't affect a boss. u can't see a bosses accuracy. for all u know, you're trying to reduce 100k accuracy.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Tank a boss, if they are capable of missing(which they are) they are capable of having accuracy reduced.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    their accuracy is a huge number. reducing it wont change the effect of how often it may or may not hit. they have 100, 200, maybe even 1000x as much accuracy as a normal player.

if you've ever been a physical tank, and waiting for a mage to use sandstorm, you'll notice that there is no difference in how often it hits.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Logically it should miss twice as much. Also I'd like to see the source of your intel, can't seem to find these 'huge' numbers your so certain of.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.