Mage unfair treatment

Options
Lody - Sanctuary
Lody - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Wizard
To tell you the truth,, The game system hates Mages..
The following is why:

1. Hit points suck,, We can take only a few hits an make it out alive..
2. Range of are spells suck( We have to be close to the monster to even hit it. Which puts us in the monster range.)
3. Then when you are fighting a monster it always happens to me that one or two just appears behind me and starts attacking.. Your died like always..
4. You don't get your push back spell until lvl 39 so your screwed on that at the lower lvls when you really need it..
5. Our spells take to long to fire off so we have to use are best spells at the begin of the battle only then use your gush and fire spell from that point on..

6. You can't fight alone unless you don't mind being dead 3 or 4 time in a 4 hrs playing time.. thats around 15% of the next lvl you lost to death...

I started playing with a group of friends at the same time, we wanted a good group to work with in big quest..

Beastlord lvl 43 now
Veno lvl 40 now
Cleric lvl 38
Mage lvl 31 this is me

We all play about the same time frame we only play together when killing a game boss are big quest..

the above players die but not even as many time that a mage die's

In my view the game has the mage in an unfair point where you have to have others carry you through most of your mission.. If you don't have help you will die many times in your gaming...

We do great damage one on one with most monster and will win against them its the lag of the game and mult monster appearing next or behind you that sucks very much...

I will carry on playing the Mage until I get to a high lvl in the game but it still sucks how they treat the Mage class in the game...

This is just my View of the Game..

They need to do the following to make it a little Even in the game for the Mage..

1. Cut are spell time down by half or give us a larger Range for are spell this would be the biggest change in the game for the mage and it would help keep most of us in the Mage class.. When I'm watching an Archer just fire away with his arrows sometimes three to four shots to my strongest spell.. Its just sick Plus they get the knock back spell early in the game..

My Mage built is the following:
Every lvl up I did the 4 in MP and 1 in Str.. I don't run out of MP in most battles unless I'm fighting one of the Big Quest boss..
My Armor is the fire armor with + 415 on most everything

2. Give us the knock back spell earlier in the game.. We have enough problem just trying to stay alive now..

3. A little more hit points would be nice..
Post edited by Lody - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Q_Q It's a right of passage, we all went through it.

But yes it is tough, and it does get easier. Just give it time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    if your first char in this game is a wizz, wrong choice.

You should have got a barb or archer or veno for that matter, all chars with better survivability and hard to mess up if you put the points in the wrong place.
    Mage is a very powerfull char if you know how to play the game.
    Kite, run, blink, gush... A wizard by definition has to be a least 40% a master of tricks and deception. You want face-to-face fight, get a barb or BM, you want range fight get an archer, want to be able to help other-get a cleric, want to look how your slave does the job -get a veno. Wanna play smart and want to have a challenge in building one of the most controversial and powerfull chars? roll a wizz.

Now, on topic, I haven't died until lvl 45-50..something like that. And that was in a fb39 run that went bad with those exploding mobs.

You are complaining about not having a kick-back as archers do at 29. Well, we have something called Distance Shrink. Learn to use it, love it. A wizz that doesn't know how to use "blink" as many call it is useless in PvP and PvE. Learn how to properly use that and then after 10 lvls, when you have the kitting mastery under control, you'll get your kickback.
    Use the proper spells for each mob. Wood and earth have no weakness to us, but the rest do. And no mob that has weakness to one of our elements should ever touch you. Never, no matter what lvl you are.
    There are some archer mobs that are a pain in the ****, drop 2 shots or 3, blick away, gush, pyro and should be long dead.

Hitpoints are ok. At lower lvls wizzies suck at HP, but that will change gradually. After lvl 60 when all mobs go magic, being a wizzard is a joy. Getting hit for 120-150 HP when you have close or over 2k will make you laugh.

One last advice: Play wizz if you want to get over lvl 90 with him (or at least 80 to get undine). Otherwise roll something else.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sawki - Sanctuary
    Sawki - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    For your stats you appear to be adding too much strength, you should only be adding enough strength to wear the equipment at your level with the rest going into magic since it appears you are using a pure build.

Also, when fighting mobs, it helps if you observer the area where monsters are before diving in so that you don't end up having mobs respawn ontop of where you are. In other words, be aware of your surrounds, the further out zooms helps very much.
    My Alts
    Alniant (Psychic) Level 5x; Triannia (Venomancer) Level 4x; Welmar(Cleric) Level 4x;
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've played an archer till 26 before I made this mage.
    This mage was definitely much harder to level in the beginning.
    But don't worry, it gets easier later.
    Stick with it, grind your way through and you'll be fine.

Its all worth it when you get to the higher levels, and you're dishing out tons of damage at once =)
  • Rezsonate - Heavens Tear
    Rezsonate - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well i saw this once:
    Ok, you're a wizard grats, wizards are one of the most needed classes. For we are the ONLY class that can be ****, slaughtered, murdered, 1 shotted, headshott'ed, ganked, pwned, owned, lol'ed at, so we reduce all other classes calling themself underpowered. We are essensial to the survival of human dignity in pvp. Please reach 30 to pvp, reach lv89 to suck.

Skills: Blue = Sucks alot Red = Sucks even more Yellow = Sucks somewhat Green = Important

Pyrogram : fires(literally) a ball of pure suckage that deals damage depending on how low your hp is.

Gush : Create a pillar of water that does nothing but annoy the hell out of melee right before they 1 shot you

Stone Rain : drop a load of **** on your enemy, making them annoyied enough to kill you

Pyroshell : burn yourself
    Ice barrier : slows you down to get 1 shotted
    Earth Shield : Reduces all physical damage inflicted by 0%

Crown of flames : makes your enemy look cute with a crown, does nothing.

hailstorm : skill used to make you waste spirit and coin

Divine pyrogram : fire a bigger ball of useless **** that takes longer to channel then to get 1 shotted

Morning Dew : skill to use as a white flag signaling "i give up"

PitFall : Skill used to describe your current status

Dragon's Breath : Skill used to show off to other players, increases chance to get 1 shotted by 100%

Wellspring Quaff : This skill increases your time before becoming useless by 50%

Distance Shrink : Skill used to **** every single class off, reduces chance of getting 1 shotted by 50%

Will of the Phoenix : closest we will get to having a phoenix 1 shot other people

Frostblade : most useful skill, allows other players to want a mage in party Max immedidly<----

SandStorm : Skill used to tick an enemies charm before dying

EmberStorm : Skill used to commit suicide so that other people cant kill you

Glacial Snare : Fires three arrows that deal 0 damage, pisses off all classes badly

Force of will : buys you time to run away depending on skill level

Blade Tempest : fires multiple badly animated fireballs

Black ice dragon : Charges up an ice dragon that has a 95% chance of getting interrupted

Mountain's Sieze : Closest thing we get to a stun

Undine Strike : Lowers defenses of your enemy by 60% so other people may kill him/her while you get 1 shotted

Sophomoric WHisper : Skill to make us happy that we have something clerics can do

Elemental Shell : used to **** clerics and other wizards off

Essencial Sutra : Skill to tell your enemy to stun you for 6 seconds
    Masteries : Decreases chance of losing MP charms

Lvl 100 skills : Skills used to show how much time was wasted leveling a useless class.

Sparks : at 29(or39?) you get a skill called spark. this gives you a 1 second immunity to 1 shots.
    at 59 youll get advanced spark, same thing, but 2 second immunity.
    finally at 89, you can choose between demon or angel spark. Both have 1 effect, 3 second immunity to 1 shots.

Now, pvp tactics for Lv70-99+

Venomancers : If they have phoenix, strech a bit before returning to town
    If they dont, then run since youll die anyway

Clerics : Run

BM/WB with XS : Run
    WM/WB without XS : slow them then run

Archer : Silence before they can stun and run

Wizard : become best friends and get 4 other wizards so that you can actually kill someone

For 50-69

Veno : run, if they have phoenix, afk
    WB : run, if they turn into tiger, swear at them before dying
    BM : run, if they sprint then go grab a snack while waiting for town button.
    Archer : afk, you're dead
    Clerics : run (only class we have a chance of surviving with)

For 30-49:
    Veno : if they got phoenix, you are dead, if not, you are still dead
    WB : you're dead
    BM : you're dead
    archer : you're dead
    cleric : ^DURR^

Now, builds:

Full int : Put everything into int to deal 2% more damage, increases chance of getting 1 shotted by 75%, decreases faith in wizards by 100%

Light armor : Deal less damage then an afk veno with pet on defensive and reduces chance of getting 1 shotted by 5%. Enough str and dex for your reduction in 1 shot equipment, pour other points into int, we'll need it being anyone who makes a wizard is dumber then a rock. Decreases faith in wizards by 100%

Hybrid : add int and vit and str any way you want, youll suck either way. Decreases faith in PWI by 60%

Heavy wizard : Best build to do what we do best : **** other classes off. Increases usefulness by 275%, decreases faith in wizards by 100%

Melee wizard : hey, we are already useless, might as well go for the gold. everything in str and dex. remember to max frostblade

Bow wizard : same thing as melee wizard, only now you deal slightly less damage, for increased range, max frostblade aswell

Monk wizard : do not use a weapon, youll lose more money repairing it then killing, also do not wear any armor, costs more money to repair then you gain.

Loot wizard : wizard created at level 29 best build of them all, as this build is immune to 1 shots, and amplifies our ****-off level by 500%. best for looting at undine grind spots or fish.

Facepalm wizard : female, with maximum bust size, generally used to beg for money and/or items since we will be extremely poor. best suited for levels under 30

Dumb wizard : suited for 89+, spending months of work to realize wizards suck

Now here are your stats and what they do :

Vit : Decreases chance of getting 1 shotted by 0.01% per point
    Int : the higher this is, the lower yours is.
    Dex : increases % of running away from other classes
    Str : best stat, allows us to do damage without being 1 shotted or interrupted.

Grinding areas :
    Level1-29, do quests
    30-99+, safe zone if you are in a pvp server, stop reading this if you are on a pve server

As for your equipment sockets, add any gem you want, youll get 1 shotted with anything. Unless you are heavy, then add mana shards to make yourself look cool.

If you are short on cash, create any other class.

Wizards primary role in parties is to give melee frostblade, and as a distraction for mobs that will wipe the main party.

...pretty true so far. anyways wizards are supposed to be damage dealers. they really dont need much HP. I would like a small damage increase tho cuz by the time you channel and cast a spell other classes have already done the same amount of damage or so. again, a SMALL damage increase T.T (maybe a little skill modification like with Alacrity of the Beast)
    Dang!...I just lost my train of thought...
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've played an archer till 26 before I made this mage.
    This mage was definitely much harder to level in the beginning.
    But don't worry, it gets easier later.
    Stick with it, grind your way through and you'll be fine.

Its all worth it when you get to the higher levels, and you're dishing out tons of damage at once =)

i was wondering why you pretty much 2 shot me yesterday -__- I never looked at ur lvl before pew pewing youb:surrender

annnnyways, on topic: Ive never played a mage but Ive recently seen a lot of 3x-4x mages on a PvP server using Light Armour, (not sure how well this would be on a PvE server but.. just a thought regarding your survivability)
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I agree.

Well, actualy everybody knows that :)

The following is why: ....

Here I disagree. I don't think I had such problems with leveling at those levels but that's less important.

Have fun when You get to the quest with Kun Kun.

If You don't get wiser then, there is no hope. Prepare for many disappointments on your way to so called high levels.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i was wondering why you pretty much 2 shot me yesterday -__- I never looked at ur lvl before pew pewing youb:surrender

annnnyways, on topic: Ive never played a mage but Ive recently seen a lot of 3x-4x mages on a PvP server using Light Armour, (not sure how well this would be on a PvE server but.. just a thought regarding your survivability)

Sorry Bowlin, I wasn't going to kill you.
    I killed Ragnarocke cause he picked on Xarnox, me pretty barb =)
    But you decided to help him haha.

You did better than him though.
    He took 5772 damage and stayed down.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    1. Put points in vit, wear LA or refine your equipment (last option is for highlevels, though).
    2. Level spells. Lowlevel archers suck as well, till their attack range is leveled high enough.
    3. Other classes suffer this just as wizards. Imagine bm fighing mixed magical mob in melee range when other mobs respawn and start to **** him with magic. It hurts, believe me.
    4. Well... wizards are kinda slow in gaining full power. That's true. But when we get it, better stay far away.
    5. That's too... narrow view. There is a plenty of destructive spells to choose in particular situations, and using gush-pyro is not always the best way. For example, there are metal mobs named acephalic riders; the best combo for them (for my playstyle) is DP-gush-DP-SS - three longest spells and only one fast.
    6. I level alone 90% of the time, and died only in major lags, disconnects or FB fkups (like cleric going afk with all the consequences lol). Learn to play your class.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree this game hates mages. However, for more reasons than just the ones you listed. Mages have no usefull party buffs that are wanted in parties. They are secondary damage dealers to archers in dungeons. Therefore they are not wanted in Fbs, HH or basically anything. Have fun getting your hh90 as a ****ing mage. q.q rant over.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I agree this game hates mages. However, for more reasons than just the ones you listed. Mages have no usefull party buffs that are wanted in parties. They are secondary damage dealers to archers in dungeons. Therefore they are not wanted in Fbs, HH or basically anything. Have fun getting your hh90 as a ****ing mage. q.q rant over.

I always love your rants Moog. I already have all my HH stuff secured thanks to some friends :).
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    All you really have to do is kite, and make sure you kite around the fringes of where enemies spawn so you don't run in to something else and die.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    To tell you the truth,, The game system hates Mages.

just need some practice, and dont play solo at lower lvls. wizard was my first character too, just give it some time and it gets a lot better
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Snipah - Lost City
    Snipah - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The following is why:

2. Range of are spells suck( We have to be close to the monster to even hit it. Which puts us in the monster range.)
    3. Then when you are fighting a monster it always happens to me that one or two just appears behind me and starts attacking.. Your died like always..
    4. You don't get your push back spell until lvl 39 so your screwed on that at the lower lvls when you really need it..
    5. Our spells take to long to fire off so we have to use are best spells at the begin of the battle only then use your gush and fire spell from that point on..

6. You can't fight alone unless you don't mind being dead 3 or 4 time in a 4 hrs playing time.. thats around 15% of the next lvl you lost to death...

1. dont get hit... dont need hitpoints (all i can suggest here is get charms)
    2. range of spells increase with their spell levels. at lv 30 ur pyro shud be 25.6meters range... this isnt bad at all
    3. even if monsters spawn in ur aggro range, theres stil a 3 sec time window to move away before they attack you. pay attention
    4. when grinding, mobs get maybe 1 hit on me before they die, knockback is nice but not neccesary
    5. true, but this is normal and like the same for mages in evey other game...
    6. again, get charms

ma mage is now lv 34, died once... but yeh it is not my first char
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hmm once u get higher lvl it gets easyer and ive never had to rely on anyone for help >.>
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options

well then go make another char and stop crying about it :)
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You see, your chances of getting drops from an FB boss depends on the level of whoever kills him.

This is mistaken it is based on the avg lvl of the squad. The lasthit technique does not work...I repeat does not work. It has been tested. The average lvl of the squad is what gives you the droprate.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

F is for friends who do stuff together

U is for you and me

N is for anywhere and anywhere at all in a game produced by PWE

:D
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    F is for friends who do stuff together

U is for you and me

N is for anywhere and anywhere at all in a game produced by PWE

:D

i would jus liek to say b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Man all I smell from this thread is Q_Q

Maybe you'd have a different opinion if you bother to get 9x
  • ladyoftwightlight
    ladyoftwightlight Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I don't mind that much getting killed by the monster's as I will alway's come back and rip them a new one. What ****'s me off is when I am part of a faction and of course thing's start out great but after awhile the other's turn their back's on me and don't log in very much,or the infighting make's me want to scream. What's the point of having a faction when no one want's to help the lower level member's to level up or ask for their help and after their quest is done kick them out of the squad to get killed by a high level monster.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    meaangirl wrote: »
    Man all I smell from this thread is Q_Q

Maybe you'd have a different opinion if you bother to get 9x

http://tinyurl.com/mgooqq
  • The_Magician - Dreamweaver
    The_Magician - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

I disagree with statements 2-6. 1: well, yeah, but thats what we're supposed to do, we do crazy damage, but we die easily, hence the coined saying that mages are: "Glass Cannons".2: Our Range isnt that bad, its the same as clerics when both spells are of the same level, and the same as archers until they get their range up. 3: well...that doesnt usually happen to me, i guess either watch your back, party with people, or do what i do, and just fight along the outside. 4: Im level 39, and i still dont really need it, at level 1, you have to get so close the monster to fire it, anyways, so it doesnt really do that well right off the bat. 5: I use sandstorm as a non opener all the time, my current combo is Divine Pyro, Sandstorm, WoF (sandstorm and WoF are often changed around), then a gush/pyro to finish it off, if i need to. 6: I hardly ever fight in a group, when i do, its usually to fight lower level things because a friend/guildmate/...random person needs it, and im always helpful.
    I....really have absolutely no idea what im doing. Just givin' you the heads up.

Proud Marshal of Pointless of Dreamweaver.

Serving a heapin' helpin' of Reality, hot.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

You are complaining about not having a kick-back as archers do at 29.

Just wanna point out archers get knockback skill at lvl 19 not 29.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The game system hates Mages..

True
    True
    Give us the knock back spell earlier in the game
    u will see how it is useful when u get that skill :P
    to cast that spell(Phoenix) , u need to run and go near mob LOL
    everytime i try to use that skill my char run toward to mob cause of the spell range suck
    that skill is not knock back spell, it's go and hug the mob spell LMAO
    Yes PWI hate wizard, and wizard suck is truth, just stick with it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Lol'd @ your phoenix use. So
    Yes PWI hate Whiteleo, and Whiteleo suck is truth, just stick with it b:victory
    fixed for ya b:victory
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sounds like Leo hasn't learnt to use FoW against all those magic mobs that pop up around that level.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Glacierfairy - Sanctuary
    Glacierfairy - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Strange that people are talking about how short ranged Wizard spells are. Because if I'm not mistaken, besides Archers, Wizards should out-range all the other ranged classes (ie, Clerics and Venomancers) when it comes to spells of the same level. For example, the Wizard's Gush maxes out at 28.5 m, as compared to the Cleric's Great Cyclone at 26.5 m and the Venomancer's Venomous Scarab at 25.5 m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    first wizzard I played on PW - MY I didn't know where to get my spells from.
    I mean, you have to go to that end of the world place in Ether to get them...that's just stupid. Elves and untamed have the skill masters near elder - since until lvl 20 when u go to archos you have often something to do around elder. at lvl 16-17 I was getting pwned so bad I was ready to quit. Then I found the Wizzard master in Walled Stronghold and everything changed lol.
    Since I'm playing on PWI I never ever went to Etherblade Wiz master to get a skill. That place was always out of my way.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The following is why:

I started playing with a group of friends at the same time, we wanted a good group to work with in big quest..

Beastlord lvl 43 now
    Veno lvl 40 now
    Cleric lvl 38
    Mage lvl 31 this is me

We all play about the same time frame we only play together when killing a game boss are big quest..

the above players die but not even as many time that a mage die's

In my view the game has the mage in an unfair point where you have to have others carry you through most of your mission.. If you don't have help you will die many times in your gaming...

We do great damage one on one with most monster and will win against them its the lag of the game and mult monster appearing next or behind you that sucks very much...

I will carry on playing the Mage until I get to a high lvl in the game but it still sucks how they treat the Mage class in the game...

This is just my View of the Game..

They need to do the following to make it a little Even in the game for the Mage..

1. Cut are spell time down by half or give us a larger Range for are spell this would be the biggest change in the game for the mage and it would help keep most of us in the Mage class.. When I'm watching an Archer just fire away with his arrows sometimes three to four shots to my strongest spell.. Its just sick Plus they get the knock back spell early in the game..

My Mage built is the following:
    Every lvl up I did the 4 in MP and 1 in Str.. I don't run out of MP in most battles unless I'm fighting one of the Big Quest boss..
    My Armor is the fire armor with + 415 on most everything

2. Give us the knock back spell earlier in the game.. We have enough problem just trying to stay alive now..

3. A little more hit points would be nice..

HITPOINTS
    We don't *need* more hitpoints. If you're actually _getting_ hit more than once per battle (maybe twice with increased movement speed), then yer doin' it wrong. Kiting = no hit. Phoenix = no hit. Gush = slow = no hit.

RANGE
    We have a longer range than ANY monster (except, as somebody pointed out to me earlier, some monsters at 60+). We can channel our spell without interruption before the mob even starts to aggro us. The only spell I have trouble with channeling and aggro'ing atm is Phoenix, since it's got half range. However, I use it in between two gushes so by then aggro is moot.

AGGRO
    You don't fight monsters when there are several grouped close together. Let me repeat that. You DON'T fight monsters when there are several grouped close together. Got it?

PUSHBACK
    I did fine without phoenix for my first 38 levels. Pushback isn't needed at all. It's just slightly more efficient to open up room along with blink.

TIME
    Channeling and casting times are moot. We can fire off Pyros and Gushes at 2 sec each, and those are our basic attack spells. They are GOOD spells. Fast, damaging, and gush slows down the opponent as well. The "strong" spells are flavoured in order to be exactly what they are: openers or finishers.

SOLOING
    I solo'd my first 38 levels except for fb29 and fb19. I can bet you many other wizards solo'd much higher than that too. Don't die. In order not to die, you don't get hit. As aforementioned, that's easy.

As for your proposed changes, cutting casting/channeling times in half would have everybody else jumping on us saying we're OP'd. With our massive damage output, the casting/channeling time is good. Any shorter and we'd be well nigh unbeatable.

So no, we're not getting unfair treatment.

~Zel