Mage unfair treatment

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    sword tamer didnt miss me when i was lvl 30...... b:cryb:cry
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only thing that would break this theory is if we get some actual numbers and find out that bosses have only the same accuracy as a regular mob.

I do not have any numbers, but a month or two ago when our tank died in FB69, I spent some time running from one of its bosses (Polearm, if I remember properly), and he was missing me with something near half of his attacks. Of course, he was not a world boss or even a TT boss, and I had a decent evasion, but I think some bosses do not have overwhelming accuracy nor automatic hits.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    But who takes on a world boss with a tank thats relying on the boss to miss to survive, the red light for 'get the hell outta there' starts blinking for me.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I do not have any numbers, but a month or two ago when our tank died in FB69, I spent some time running from one of its bosses (Polearm, if I remember properly), and he was missing me with something near half of his attacks. Of course, he was not a world boss or even a TT boss, and I had a decent evasion, but I think some bosses do not have overwhelming accuracy nor automatic hits.

this isn't the type of boss i was referring to. namely, the level 150 bosses marked with a [?]. fb bosses all have a level, so their accuracy would be something like a mobs accuracy.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    sword tamer didnt miss me when i was lvl 30.....

b:laughb:pleasedb:victory
    yeah, when I was 30 I attacked it to see what happens.
    I still have no idea how he killed me in the next second b:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I did that with Ceminator...didn't turn out well
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hah, first and only time I attacked Sword Tamer, I hit him with a pyro from the air and started gaining altitude as fast as I could. It looked like he was casting a spell but it was only a self-buff and I got out of his range XD

That being said, none of the other WB's I've fought ever missed ;_;
    ~Zel
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Comeon, let's face it, that lvl 150 boss just won't miss you.b:chuckle
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hey just because you were more likely to win the goldenmain lion doesn't mean that it won't miss. it's just not likely
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    i thought sword tamer was the warsoul guy in archosaur. So i ran up to him and tried to talk to him.....i think he didnt want to talk b:surrender but a 7x veno in our faction solo'd him.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i thought sword tamer was the warsoul guy in archosaur. So i ran up to him and tried to talk to him.....i think he didnt want to talk b:surrender but a 7x veno in our faction solo'd him.

LOLWUT

How'd they manage to solo Sword Tamer?!

EDIT: Also, the WB's shouldn't miss, from the standpoint of in-game continuity. They're giant mofos and would probably end up hitting you even if they tried to miss >.>
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Screenshots please, I refuse to believe this.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    He said it in faction chat, so idk. but he got lots of apoc pages....
    i get him to do it again but its kinda pointless now since he is upper 8x.
    edited June 2009
    WB's don't drop apocs.

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    they dont :O
    im gonna have a little talk with kolgen when he logs on >.>
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    this isn't the type of boss i was referring to. namely, the level 150 bosses marked with a [?]. fb bosses all have a level, so their accuracy would be something like a mobs accuracy.

ttboss.jpg
  • Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    To tell you the truth,, The game system hates Mages..
    The following is why:

1. Hit points suck,, We can take only a few hits an make it out alive..
    2. Range of are spells suck( We have to be close to the monster to even hit it. Which puts us in the monster range.)
    3. Then when you are fighting a monster it always happens to me that one or two just appears behind me and starts attacking.. Your died like always..
    4. You don't get your push back spell until lvl 39 so your screwed on that at the lower lvls when you really need it..
    5. Our spells take to long to fire off so we have to use are best spells at the begin of the battle only then use your gush and fire spell from that point on..

6. You can't fight alone unless you don't mind being dead 3 or 4 time in a 4 hrs playing time.. thats around 15% of the next lvl you lost to death...

I started playing with a group of friends at the same time, we wanted a good group to work with in big quest..

Beastlord lvl 43 now
    Veno lvl 40 now
    Cleric lvl 38
    Mage lvl 31 this is me

We all play about the same time frame we only play together when killing a game boss are big quest..

the above players die but not even as many time that a mage die's

In my view the game has the mage in an unfair point where you have to have others carry you through most of your mission.. If you don't have help you will die many times in your gaming...

We do great damage one on one with most monster and will win against them its the lag of the game and mult monster appearing next or behind you that sucks very much...

I will carry on playing the Mage until I get to a high lvl in the game but it still sucks how they treat the Mage class in the game...

This is just my View of the Game..

They need to do the following to make it a little Even in the game for the Mage..

1. Cut are spell time down by half or give us a larger Range for are spell this would be the biggest change in the game for the mage and it would help keep most of us in the Mage class.. When I'm watching an Archer just fire away with his arrows sometimes three to four shots to my strongest spell.. Its just sick Plus they get the knock back spell early in the game..

My Mage built is the following:
    Every lvl up I did the 4 in MP and 1 in Str.. I don't run out of MP in most battles unless I'm fighting one of the Big Quest boss..
    My Armor is the fire armor with + 415 on most everything

2. Give us the knock back spell earlier in the game.. We have enough problem just trying to stay alive now..

3. A little more hit points would be nice..

Yeah all wizards suck at low lvs but trust me it is a lot easier at higher lvs
    at my lv you can tank 20 magic mobs ur lv with a cleric healing you and solo 10 of those mobs with no heal. its bc of ur skills that you get. just stick with it till about 60 then it gets a whole lot easier
  • Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    they dont :O
    im gonna have a little talk with kolgen when he logs on >.>

like your signiture but Sakyuminies light is harder to getb:surrender
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    well i found out, kolgen was joking and really just solo'd a TT (not impressive for a veno).

sakyamuni isnt that hard to get. Everytime i do TT runs the DDs choose last when we split the drops b:surrender
    edited June 2009
    darknes could just wait 3 levels, supply stash FTW

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    i was gonna sell my chips since im gonna get everything i need cheaply. GUILDIE DISCOUNT FTW!
    edited June 2009
    Or you could save up for an extra rare mold. I went with Stepp's Cape.

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    i dont like stepps cape it looks ugly >.> mizu cant look fantabulous in that b:chuckle. i was thinking about using the TT 70 robe since it gives +5 magic or just find something in AH thats suitable for pve, pvp, and TW.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    hh70 sucks. don't waste your time.
    edited June 2009
    TT*, and you will need it for the souledge to get your 80/90/99 gear.

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    i thought it ended at 90?
    TT 70 is good if your seraphim and put all beautiful shards into b:chuckle
    joking aside
    The mats needed is the same for Ashuras Sign so ya im just going with something from the AH or maybe i have to use that ugly stepps cape b:cry
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That robe looks beautiful on me b:victoryb:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    It matches your hair nicely b:chuckle
    but on mizu it might look horrible. The only thing that looked nice on my wizard was the lvl 50 arcane armor and the lvl 50 LA armor
    edited June 2009
    TT armour goes up to 99, weapons go up to 100.

Archangel Robes/ornaments and Sinranbasho are the highest TT gear you can get.

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    i said hh70, as in the armour, sucks. and it does. it's only good for slightly higher resist which can be overlooked by simply using 3*. hh80 gold, hh90 green, and hh99 gold is the only armour worth getting.