Sword Bms Are The Best

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You didn't use your formula again with the real numbers to find the truth yourself ;o

Off topic: Damn, 90 replies to this topic already.

Anyways, going off now~

LOL the actual numbers were not the issue for me. Its all the theories you wrote about.

I mean, you look like those conspiracy theory guys. b:laugh
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lyndura: The base damage of both weapons (without Berserker) is barely the same/a little higher (Firelotus).
    Maddrox:*Looks up a HH80 gold weapon* No!! you're wrong!!
    Lyndura: No, I have both weapons, I know what I'm talking about.
    Maddrox: Does math. Shows proof. This is what I found! they are not even close!
    Lyndura: You're using the wrong weapon, that is a Poleblade not Spear. QQ You forgot about the shards too.. I am sorry i'm too stupid to specify what i'm talking about.
    Maddrox: The physical attack is higher still, and yes it is close. Berserker is still a much better weapon.
    Lyndura: I never said whether it was a better or not. QQ The axes are stronger than the FireLotus
    Maddrox: You changed the topic. Yes, of course. How can they not be, but very impressive for being a Blade (The worst weapon in my path).
    Lyndura: Well your physical attack doesn't mean anything when it comes to your actual damage. (Frantic) Now i'm going to talk about random stuff and try to come up with something asap to redeem myself.
    Maddrox: Quit changing the topic.. >_> The physical attack you have total does have everything to do with your total damage output in the end. The skills base the damage off of %'s and additional damage added on to that. The damage as a whole is entirely based off of your total damage output and some variables.
    Lyndura: (getting sweaty now) Umm I bet you're going to be one of those noobs who think heavens mastery adds 30% more total damage.
    Maddrox: X.X You just changed the subject again.. "Sages" mastery just add's another 30% to the already 60% increase in the weapons damage.
    Lyndura: ah HA! You made a typo and typed different things!
    Maddrox: o.o.... Ok? Sorry?
    Lyndura: Well.. You don't know how physical damage works! There is a Formula! HA! It makes the total damage output equal or even greater than with the swords!
    Maddrox: Changing back to topic? So what is this "formula" that makes people with weaker weapons stronger than the ones with better weapons? 0.0" That's kind of scary.. Besides it's impossible. It DOES have everything to do with the total damage output, no "formula" with hidden advantages to your side is going to change the outcome. It's still just a little under in stats. Ples with berserker the damage output would be higher for me anyways.
    Granley: **Makes her look totally stupid about the not knowing what physical attack thing is**
    Xenaaah: Bass Masters are the best! I'll whip all y'all with my trout of might. Sword masters still kick ****!!
    Maddrox: o.0 .... Random
    Lyndura: I said (in my first post) that the base damage of both weapons without Berserker is barely the same.
    Maddrox: Changing the topic AGAIN?
    Lyndura: /facepalm (That must be the root of the problem, her lack of thinking clearly) Try other weapons, you'll know what i'm talking about!
    Maddrox: What does trying other weapons have to do with this.. >_>
    Lyndura: All this was about it.
    Maddrox: umm..
    Lyndura: You can't get the total damage from your total damage ( o.x ) You have to get the DPS first! ( what... ) The formula is ([(1+(MAG/100))*(Level + Equipment Magical Attack)] + (MAG + Weapon Magical Attack)*(Magical Attack % from skill) + (skill add-on damage))*(100%+Mastery%)
    then you calculate the damage against magic resists, and add this to give me more power. And a weaker person will be stronger basically. This is my logic. It's not that simple. Your character stats are all a big lie. There's all kinds of other unproven theories as well! Summarized for the viewer's sanity.
    Maddrox: ..."Unproven theories"... And I wonder why they haven't been proven yet.
    Granley: *Tells her how it works*
    Lyndura: It's not accurate, the physical damage does not have anything to do with the final damage. Ask the wizards, it's different for them. (Like they could care less about a formula) NOTE: These are not official formula's, so they might be complete BS or I don't understand it
    Granley: Shows her how it works, yet again*
    Maddrox: It's simple.. Your total damage output has everything to do with you damage. The server calculates the total damage with the resistances, and other factors. We don't have to do any work. And no, nothing in any formulas make weaker people stronger than any other. If you were right on the formula, we'd be having lvl 30's griefing QQme for a change.
    Lyndura: You need to rename your topic. (Wtf?!)
    Granrey: Again, he owns her with correct logic as well. Double teamed.
    Lyndura: (Freaking out) But.. but.. NO.. You don't understand ANYTHING. /facepalm (There goes more brain cells)
    Maddrox: Yeah.. Defense levels and everything is taken into consideration but does not op any weaker damaging people.. try attacking the same mob or person with the same weapon.

Skips alot of this repeated stuff...While she changes the topic a good few more times pointlessly...

Zhoelle: YAY I love battle with words. Although i got lost patially through it..
    (Yeah.. she sent that debate back and forth, all over the place. o.0 Maybe trying to redeem herself?)
    Lyndura: All you do is prove my points!! QQ See? The firelotus without berserk is a lil stronger than the Jade spear!
    Maddrox: Back to this are you serious. wtf.
    Lyndura: I never said ti was better! b:shocked
    Granrey: Lets use your logic for a bit:

I go to the store to buy an item. The clerc tells me the price for that item is $100.00

Since, I dont know the formula for the store to come to that price but acording to your logic, as I dont know the formula and the formula is secret for everyone. $100 is not the real price even though they are telling me it is?
    (EPIC!! Yet so true)

Maddrox: LMAO. *Quotes everything in some long post the made and proves everything wrong directly*
    Lyndura: Quote this, quote this (Changing topics again.. -.-) and so on then writes some wierd person A & B thing
    Granrey: *Simplifies what I have been trying to say for hours now* Thank god he's here
    Lyndura: b:cry
    Maddrox: Suggests she's having a hard time reading what we're saying and increases font size
    Lyndura: *Changes the topic back to the start*
    Your number's were for the wrong spear
    Maddrox: Oh yeah, she's right. They were close (Must have missed the fix)
    Lyndura: LOOK AT ALL THIS DRAMA YOU'VE CREATED QQ
    Maddrox: Me? It all started from your biased information, and by the time you corrected the issue made yourself look like an idiot again. 0.0"
    Lyndura: You're filled with rage and drama! I Can't take it anymore QQ
    Maddrox: ...(LOL the whole time along with Granrey)
    Was merely making a point. I said long ago you were right about the base damage being close long ago Lyndura.
    Lyndura: NUUU You SAW THAT?
    Maddrox: Do you want this to end or something? x.x I see Granley gave up long ago, like I should have. We will never have the same logic, I understand the game along with about 99% of everyone else
    Granrey: "LOLing the whole time @ Lyndura"
    Lyndura: *Desperately makes an incomplete summarization on what we have just gone over.*

I sat here post, through post, summarizing everything.

Yes, I do flame, but i'm not mad or anything. I'm just not as passive of a person as you </3 b:chuckle Hope this clears everything up for everybody and saves them the time of reading through alot of that repeated mess.

Here you go Granrey and Zhoelle

thank you./endb:bye
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    LOL the actual numbers were not the issue for me. Its all the theories you wrote about.

I mean, you look like those conspiracy theory guys. b:laugh

LOL Yeah we had moved on from the first point!! You didn't specify anything and were leaving room for errors on my part, and that was finally addressed.
    quit changing the subject tot ry to redeem yourself.. this is all for me in here guys, I summarized everything for you! <3

Seeya around Granrey b:victory
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lol I just 5 mins of enjoyment out of your summery, Madd :).
    If Berserker wasnt great, why would ppl use XS instead of HH80??
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Do you even have a +7 Firelotus?

Oh wait...yeah, you're too low level for that.

This is how Lyndura made fun of herself.

I have never been to New york but I know there is city called New york. I dont need to be there to know it.

"too low level" LOL
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Your level and gear has a lot to do with the "facts"

Again more silly argument.

LOLb:chuckle
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    /facepalm

One theory is that weapons have a fixed number that will affect the damage, for example let's say that Sword has 0.2 and Axes have 0.4, so even if you get a Sword with the same physical attack and build as the Axes, the latter ones will still deal a higher damage because of the fixed number.

Also there're theories that say that DEX will affect the maximum/minimum damage output in the damage, but once more, just theories.

This conspiracy theory part reminds me my friend that believes George Bush is a Templar.

Why would I waste time making and researching theories about a game?

We were only trying to determine which weapons does more damage and the the one with more attack should be the one but for some reason Lyndura wants to amaze us with her conspiracy theories.b:laugh
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    Saffon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Even though you will have to almost read between the lines of the flame posts and sacrasm to get the information... but this thread now contains so much information that they should consider sticky it b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Post 100 b:victory First time, I feel special. x3

Yes. Sticky pls. :P
    The flaming is just part of this brutal debate. It came with trying to educate somebody and help them understand the game better, but was very closed minded to listen to others. Don't need to read between the lines, just take in what each person is trying to say, there's a reason for everything that was said.

Back to OP topic.

Sword BM's own. ^^
  • pervs
    pervs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sword BM's own. ^^
    have fun slashing away for 30 minutes on a robe only to see their charms beat your swords QQ
    "you want 1by1 go play tekken la"
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    pervs wrote: »
    have fun slashing away for 30 minutes on a robe only to see their charms beat your swords QQ

You obviously haven't fought a sword BM.

If you just normal attack with the typical stuns it will overcome the charm easily in most cases (Yes, pk and duels). Even 80+ Archer's can be done. I know from personal experience, and I still use my Illusive Lunar Cutlass.b:chuckle

Also, why are you QQing???
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    Saffon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009

This will become my favorite pass time once they fixed the Genie skill that reflect magic b:chuckle Just kidding.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    This will become my favorite pass time once they fixed the Genie skill that reflect magic b:chuckle Just kidding.

He underestimates us b:nosebleed
  • chong
    chong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    2009-05-2912-40-25.jpg

Try my dual blade ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YOU JUST GOT OWNED b:bye
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    chong wrote: »
    2009-05-2912-40-25.jpg

Try my dual blade ^^

I just read and posted in your old thread, what is your opinion on the HH90 Gold Firelotus, Blade of the dragon (Name in PWI) versus the 95+ dual's and singles.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14804
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Post 100 b:victory First time, I feel special. x3

Yes. Sticky pls. :P
    The flaming is just part of this brutal debate. It came with trying to educate somebody and help them understand the game better, but was very closed minded to listen to others. Don't need to read between the lines, just take in what each person is trying to say, there's a reason for everything that was said.

Back to OP topic.

Sword BM's own. ^^

*cough* b:cute
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This is the best thread ever.b:victory
    Thanks for entertaining and edumicating us.b:chuckle

Now, where did I put that magic wand?
  • pervs
    pervs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    chong wrote: »
    2009-05-2912-40-25.jpg

Try my dual blade ^^

i would but i dont play private serversb:cry
    "you want 1by1 go play tekken la"
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    pervs wrote: »
    i would but i dont play private serversb:cry

heh you're almost as bad as lyndura, that's not from a private server. Easily attainable through work in PWI. Lunar Glade if i'm not mistaken.
  • Lakai - Harshlands
    Lakai - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Only fail wr's stick to one skill path/weapon.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009

You seem fail Lakai.
    Do you take your own advice?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009

I agreeb:victory
  • Lakai - Harshlands
    Lakai - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You seem fail Lakai.
    Good warrior's use at least 3 weapon trees for pvp, you'll learn that once people start actually pvping with a warrior properly.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    You seem fail Lakai.

Lyndura, the axe's envoy.She says that she uses the 4 weapons.
    edited June 2009
    Good warrior's use at least 3 weapon trees for pvp, you'll learn that once people start actually pvping with a warrior properly.
    OOHH i wanna see u 1v1 Madd :). FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. make sure you Pm me to watch and I'll WC the results ;)
  • chong
    chong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    heh you're almost as bad as lyndura, that's not from a private server. Easily attainable through work in PWI. Lunar Glade if i'm not mistaken.

Private? it is official server =.=''' if it is private server, i would have +12 instead of just +9

It is hard to get that blade , i spent 382 mil in MY server to only get the blade excluding the refining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YOU JUST GOT OWNED b:bye
  • Dishy - Harshlands
    Dishy - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sword BMs are definitally the best.

Yesterday I was in an epic battle. (It was 3v1 at times, but I killed them, so most of the time 2v1, but 4 went down with no rest.)

a 3x(35+, was using fan of blades)BM, axe.'
    a 3x(35+ using 35 crossbow) archer.
    another 3x(didnt get level, using fb19 crossbow) archer
    a 4x(42+ using lvl 42 bow 2 socet with patk gems)

The first two jumped me because.. idk why >.<. The archer kept running, the BM I didn't have to worry about(he couldnt hit me >.<) I just kept running after the archer, who kept saying I wasnt lvl 30(I told him I was lvl 30 before((check my avatar lvl >.<)) )

He went down, the two other archers decided to join in(im like wtf man!) I killed the BM, killed the other 3x archer, and the 4x and I fought for like 4 minutes (I ticked his charm more than he ticked mine :DD) before we called a truce.

IF I had been a dex build axe BM, i couldn't have hit the archers, much less killed them.

Heres my stats with all +
    90 str---(I have.. like +ALOT. My str is @ 77 so i have +13 i guess :o((Thats more than i thought)
    80 dex---I have +8 i think(2 crazed lupine and lvl 21 mold necky)
    25 vit---(capped @ 20)((have +5 from mold blades)1620 hp(8 common((+20)) hp gems)
    8 mag---(lvl 21 mold pdef necky gives +3 mag, go figure)

I don't miss archers higher than me very often >.<. I fought a lvl 42 archer with mold lvl 42 slingshot, and the only reason he killed me ((after 20k charm waste on both sides >.<)) is because i whispered someone that i couldn't talk instead of hitting diamond sutra >.<, so he critted like 150 more than my hp at that second(like 1.1k) and I died QQ. It was fun tho.

Sword BMs are AMAZING. BMvBM, they dont get hit much. I fought a lvl 34 barb and he didn't hit me once (Tank build), but he didn't use blood bath. I have no + accuracy or +evasion(except for cape).

I have normal gear except for +2 1 soc(average gem) lvl 30 mold swords.((oh, and 2 lvl 19 mold rings and lvl 21 mold necky) I'm not SUPER geared out It's just that I had a charm. All would have gone down even if they had charm (lvl 42 archer had charm,too QQ) I crit 6% of the time(1 less than archers my level) due to a crit arrow(ftw). When I crit, ppl notice. Atmos on my lvl BM with marrow = around 300. on robes its around 600. on archers, 500 or so.

I have played dex build axe BM, dex build pole BM, str build axe, str build pole, and none of those are as good as this build. The lvl 42 archer didn't believe I was lvl 30, he thought I was 5x >.<(I hit much lower than 5x, idk why he thought that) and the two ppl who jumped me first said that It's alright to team on a 4x.

The above happened yesterday when I was lvl 30, minding my own business leveling >.<. I hope this testimony switches all of you to BM. I've seen Maddrox do similar, also, so its not just a 1-time thing.((he was 62. 5x cleric 5x mage 5x BM, 6x dex build pole BM))

I've seen ppl cry about sword BMs **** ALL the time >.<, so I don't know where this thing that they suck comes from.

Good luck with your Sword build :D(5 str/4dex/1vit. cap vit @ 20, go 5str/5dex)
    edited June 2009
    That only works in duels and TW :S. It would be a bit OP if it worked in every day PvP
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Today 05:15 AM
    Dishy - Harshlands
    Good luck with your Sword build :D(5 str/4dex/1vit. cap vit @ 20, go 5str/5dex)
    Woot! Congrats on the battle. I use a similar build, but the one question that I can't seem to decide on is Vit. I'm not sure that I want to cap it. At lvl 50, my Vit is 32, and I'm still adding to it at the same ratio.

I am in PvE, so I could really go with any build and survive, but if I ever press that magic PvP button, or get high enough level to participate in Territory Wars, wouldn't the extra HP come in handy? (I'm leaning towards Lyndura's advice on this one)
  • Dishy - Harshlands
    Dishy - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Woot! Congrats on the battle. I use a similar build, but the one question that I can't seem to decide on is Vit. I'm not sure that I want to cap it. At lvl 50, my Vit is 32, and I'm still adding to it at the same ratio.

I am in PvE, so I could really go with any build and survive, but if I ever press that magic PvP button, or get high enough level to participate in Territory Wars, wouldn't the extra HP come in handy? (I'm leaning towards Lyndura's advice on this one)
    Well, I'm on a PvP server, so **** can get thick at the drop of a stick, ya know?

And sure, extra vit will help, but if you are high lvl and in a good guild, you will have good refined gear and HP gems. I'd rather hit archers 95% of the time than have an extra 500 or so hp, ya know?

Well, in TW, a blade BM isn't going to be amazing. It's a 1v1 anti mage/archer/cleric not a 384124v1 stunner and AoE damager. You just run around on your mount killing any archers you see, and expect to die kinda often.

Blade BM's song : Seek and Destroy - Metallica
    Noone can match us 1v1 if we get close (which isnt that hard)