Sword Bms Are The Best

Comments

• DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LOL @ FIRST PAGE. I remember that one >.< I remember Maddrox and Hayato were fun dueling and im like "QQ MADD, lets kill Chin QQ"((He was my guild Director at that moment)) and hes like "Waiting for Aedus". And im like AMG I KNOW AEDUS.

But yes, sword BMs **** and Pillage. I remember the 4v1 outside west arch on madd (@ lvl 62) a 5x Cleric (around 58 or so, no tempest) and 5x mage (upper 5x) a 5x BM(around 53) and a 6x BM(Spec, around... 60 or so?)

Madd didnt die. 1 shot the mage, 1 shot the priest, and killed the 5x BM and then the 6x BM. thats what convinced me that sword BMs are the best.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Too bad a +7 Firelotus with Perfect garnet shards barely has the same/ a little more base damage output than my +3 HH80 Gold Spear.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Too bad a +7 Firelotus with Perfect garnet shards barely has the same base damage output than my +3 HH80 Gold Spear.

Ifrit of Wrath +3

518-1017

+12-13 Vitality
    +1% Critical hit rate.
    Bless: Chance to increasee PAtk and PDef.

Firelotus, Blade of the Dragon +7 w/ 2 perfect Garnet Gems (PAtk+80 total)

773-1197

HP +225
    Strength +14-15
    Berserker: Has a certain chance to inflict double damage at the cost of losing 5% HP.

No, on top of having much better base damage Lyndura, when you equip a higher grade weapon it seeems to boost your stats even more than the mere "difference". Also, keep in mind a Sword BM built right can easily have 25% crit rate, with having the possibilities of having up to 75%-85% (With base 25%) critical hit rate lasting 30 seconds. It has also been shown that the berserker bonus seems to be affiliated with the dex/crrit % of your character meaning it would proc for me more often than alot of players. Now stack that double damage on top of a critical hit, easily happpening more than once or twice. The +'s don't makee much of a differencee between each + until about +7-8 and on. And it isn't that hard to work for a +7 or 8, or even buy it if you havee the $.

You showed your arrogance and ignorance on that thread about berserker, and your showing it now.
    Please go back to elementary school.
    BTW: The HH90 Gold polearm isn't much better than the HH80 ;)

b:kissb:bye
    LOL @ FIRST PAGE. I remember that one >.< I remember Maddrox and Hayato were fun dueling and im like "QQ MADD, lets kill Chin QQ"((He was my guild Director at that moment)) and hes like "Waiting for Aedus". And im like AMG I KNOW AEDUS.

But yes, sword BMs **** and Pillage. I remember the 4v1 outside west arch on madd (@ lvl 62) a 5x Cleric (around 58 or so, no tempest) and 5x mage (upper 5x) a 5x BM(around 53) and a 6x BM(Spec, around... 60 or so?)

Madd didnt die. 1 shot the mage, 1 shot the priest, and killed the 5x BM and then the 6x BM. thats what convinced me that sword BMs are the best.

LOL Dishy you remember that? ^^ Good times bro. That 6X BM was upper 60's, around 67-8 and an axe user.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Whatever is here.

Do you even have a +7 Firelotus?

Oh wait...yeah, you're too low level for that.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    You just know I played you like the ignorant little bish you are.

Go on, it shows you just have nothing to say. My level and gear has nothing to do with the facts I have stated in the previous post. Hopefully this doesn't hurt any credibility you may have because of your guide... I'm starting to doubt the information you have in there myself due to the stupid sht you say.

I'd have to say...
    Owned.b:kiss

Thank you.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Your level and gear has a lot to do with the "facts" (that are not even facts) that you wrote.

Your useless information is not even close to what I said, do you even know what is "base damage"?

Don't even answer, I know the answer is "no". Anyways, keep flaming, that is only thing you're able to do.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I prefer swords to axes myself but I still don't mind axes.I like hammers as well sometimes.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Level and gear has to do with how much and often you have played, not information in the database and from the game itself. Especially not anything that has to do with stupidity, which seems to be a large part of you. Yes I may flame from time to time, but I have a good reason. There is nothing wrong with that either, if you havee a problem with it then gtfo. My post here was direct from the database, and oragnized. Not just bias, Unexplained, and unproven information.

☆Ifrit of Wrath
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14859

☆Firelotus, Blade of the Dragon
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14804

If you can handle it, then do the math Lyndura. Also, the "base" damage (Be more specific next time) you will given will be higher. The weapon on Firelotus is a higheer grade, so you will get a small increase just from that. the STR requirement is only 19 apart from each other! Where the hell would this diffference in your "base" damage be from. Move on Lyndura, you're wasting everybodies time. You don't know everything, don't act like it.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the confirmation that you don't know what base damage is.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    It doesn't matter as long as the damage in your character status is much higher Lyndura. You just can't back up your statement after proving you wrong.

If you believe so strongly in yourself, why don't you explain "base damage".

BTW at 90 do you prefer to use,

Misty Forest Ring or
    Ring of Mastodons Strength?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    It doesn't matter as long as the damage in your character status is much higher Lyndura. You just can't back up your statement after proving you wrong.

If you believe so strongly in yourself, why don't you explain "base damage".

BTW at 90 do you prefer to use,

Misty Forest Ring or
    Ring of Mastodons Strength?

I have both weapons to my use, +7 Firelotus and +3 Jade Heart: Radiance. So I DO know what the damage with both weapons is.

The base damage is a formula that involves the physical attack of the character, weapon damage, mastery and a multiplier of STR that will affect add-ons from shards and equipment. Any other add-ons are involved too, but those are static, mostly from skills.

I'm a DEX build myself, so I never needed a Misty Forest Ring, it would be no use for me just because of more accuracy. However, Mastodon's Strenght ring gives +2% critical and +5 VIT which is totally amazing.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Good Call.

Now, here's links for the PWI Calculator.
    I put in the exact same attributes, with base minimum for HH90gold armor requirements, I am sure Lyndura as well as many others would put more than the base Vit. I am looking for identical stats, aside from the weapon..Both the weapon masteries are at lvl 10.

Ifrit of Wrath +3

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d25a756e93a6dcc3

Forelotus, Blade of the Dragon +7, 2x G9 Garnet shards.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f559d5ad6026b0af

You can't even compare those two... Lyndura, what may have happened is you might be built more toward Polearms, your skills in polearms are upgraded FAR higher than the sword skills, or you really don't have the Firelotus +7. I haven't reasearched it enough, being able to build yourself with attributes towards a single path, or for multiple. I just believe that focusing everything you have for one path could possibly strengthen your area in it.

With PvP, I would far prefer berserk myself, for the burst damage although in PvE the steady increase from your polie would be great(All my opinion).

I did enjoy a nice debate over this with you, since you have written a guide and typically seem to have decent knowledge over something. Please just don't become arrogant over this. Thanks! ^^
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    All the skills are level 10.

For PvP Berserker is far better of course, for that purpose GX or Angder are better. Specially the first one, wich has around 2k more physical attack than Sword or Spear.

You missed the shards on the Polearm, and you're just comparing physical attack, which is just one factor that affects the damage.

Research more, or start using other weapons. Then you will see what I'm talking about.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    "Too bad a +7 Firelotus with Perfect garnet shards barely has the same base damage output than my +3 HH80 Gold Spear."

(Quote won't work for some reason)

Why didn't you say it was the wrong HH80Gold long ago, and next time Lyndura, make sure you don't fu*k up from the start. What Polearm did you mean, it's the only HH80 Gold one I could find? Shards don't make jack-**** for a difference, you should know by now. Also, your spear has Bless, versus STR+ and Berserk. No matter how hard you get owned, you don't give up do you. Perseeverance, it's all good.

Let's play again, this time don't **** up your information. What weapon were you referring too? This time you might want to make sure you know what your talking about again, so you don't look even dumber. b:shocked

EDIT: The GX and Firelotus both nonrefined, are pretty much just 900 more Max atk on GX than the Firelotus. Not too big of a deal to work with.

You say all i'm comparing is PAtk, yes. That is what your SKILLS base themselves on as well. And there isn't too much of diffeerences wwith the skills you should know, and that swords get the strongest skill out of all paths for BM. Skills aren't a reliable factor in this, and the Base damage will show how it is typically.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    You say all i'm comparing is PAtk, yes. That is what your SKILLS base themselves on as well. And there isn't too much of diffeerences wwith the skills you should know, and that swords get the strongest skill out of all paths for BM. Skills aren't a reliable factor in this, and the Base damage will show how it is typically.

One word: "typo"~

Because physical attack means everything, keep thinking that, lol.
    Why didn't you say it was the wrong HH80Gold long ago, and next time Lyndura, make sure you don't fu*k up from the start. What Polearm did you mean, it's the only HH80 Gold one I could find? Shards don't make jack-**** for a difference, you should know by now. Also, your spear has Bless, versus STR+ and Berserk. No matter how hard you get owned, you don't give up do you. Perseeverance, it's all good.

Did I "fu*k up"? You're the one assuming things.
    Let's play again, this time don't **** up your information. What weapon were you referring too? This time you might want to make sure you know what your talking about again, so you don't look even dumber. b:shocked

I think the one who needs to know what is talking about is you.
    EDIT: The GX and Firelotus both nonrefined, are pretty much just 900 more Max atk on GX than the Firelotus. Not too big of a deal to work with.

Use the build you made for your Firelotus, and change the weapon for GX. You will see it is around 1.7~1.8k difference at +7 refinement.

I told you already, research more, use more weapons, find what really affects the damage and then you will find out what I'm talking about.

If you do it soon you won't end up like many BM's at level 90 thinking that Heaven Mastery will give them 30% more physical attack.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    "Because physical attack means everything, keep thinking that, lol."
    It has everything to do with your total damage output on another person or mob. If it doesn't, then explain why not? Did you pull this out of your ****? Of course some stun, lower PDef, etc.. But that generally doesn't make much of a diff, if any, in your total damage output.

Here is a simple example, you may be able to comprehend.
    Atmos Strike
    A strike of incredible force, dealing base physical damage plus 55% of weapon damage plus 1530.5 and knocking the target back 12.6 meters.

Does it say anything about your MAG, Vit, or anything else? No. You don't even know yourself.

"Did I "fu*k up"? You're the one assuming things."

I quoted this a few posts ago, you specifically said what you were comparing too, and didn't specify what weapon it was. Was it Jade Heart Radiance? I don't think that is much better tbh.. I'll post the info after I explain why you fail. You can't compare stuff, and not even say what you are comparing.
    When you say I left the shards out, you didn't say there were any shards in your. Evern if there were G11 Shards, the Firelotus kicks it's ****.

"I think the one who needs to know what is talking about is you."

I know what i'm talking about, and my proof has shown that. The problem is you don't say what your talking about, and leave incredibly biased information. That sentence almost didn't make sense.

"Use the build you made for your Firelotus, and change the weapon for GX. You will see it is around 1.7~1.8k difference at +7 refinement."

I knew what I was doing, I used the same build and made both weapons without any gems or refining. I said that. Now.. for both at +7 it's not even 1.7-1.8k difference, let me educate you yet again. Now to go offtopic like you wanted, since you weren't going to prove anything but yourself wrong.

GX +7 No Shards
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=de175d9f7e6fc874

Firelotus, Blade of the Dragon +7 No Shards
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a02b1fc4cc9a1078

The minimum damage on the Firelotus is only 400 less, and the Maximum damage is about 1.7k less. These axes are much better than any of the other axes out there by far(Attainable). That is excellent when you think about how the "single" blades are generally MUCH weaker in the damage in comparison to the Dual Blades. By far, less than the axes. Most Barbs seem to have far less Dex than a sword BM, the Dex barbs will have more of an advantage in this case. Even so, the critical hit ratio will generally be higher on the sword BM with this weapon, and also there is the chance that Berserk will proc more often(As long as it works off of the Base Dex of the character). Which I know you'll disagree with, but that's you. Hardheaded and ignorant. With the FireLotus, you'd want to try and take it further than a little +7 anyways, either by $ or work your **** off. Many people are too lazy, or don't have the $.. Or they just don't know how to make coinage.

Now, for the comparison that she meant. And again, I am forced to assume she has 2 G9 shards in her "Jade Heart: Radiance". Let's compare the two.

Jade Heart: Radiance +3 2 G9 Shards
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3d10069ccb3b3c55

FireLotus, Blade of the Dragon +7 2 G9 Shards.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=10c067d53351b461

Yes, this must be the right weapon (Finally T.T) But the problem is, it sucks in comparison. FireLotus's berserk. The damage is still higher on the blade (Which is SAD, it's a single blade, come on!). Now, make the Jade Heart: Radiance +7 w/ the two shards.

Jade Heart: Radiance +7 2 G9 Shards
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1950048d48bffef2

FireLotus, Blade of the Dragon +7 w/ 2 G9 shards
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=10c067d53351b461

The Minimum damage is only 400 higher on the Jade Heart, and the Max only about 250 higher. But, the blade has berserk, jade doesn't have anything to back it up. This fight would depend more on the player skill, but even at that, the FireLotus owns this one yet again.

That's alot, took me awhile, so that's all for me. b:bye
    FireLotus owns your little spear Lyndura. Thanks.

Oh, Heavens Mastery is just an additional 30% to your "Weapons damage" increase. I know that >_> Besides, I might be going demon. It's more appealing overall.
  • Flamex - Harshlands
    Flamex - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    im a sword bm but dont get me wrong veno are the best at 1 on 1 light veno that is they are annoying but powerful but swords the 2nd 1 on 1 sorry bmsb:surrender
    Im bringing SEXY backb:laugh
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    So you say:
    I knew what I was doing, I used the same build and made both weapons without any gems or refining. I said that. Now.. for both at +7 it's not even 1.7-1.8k difference

Then you say:
    The minimum damage on the Firelotus is only 400 less, and the Maximum damage is about 1.7k less.

So it is not even 1.7~1.8k difference but at the same time it is about 1.7k less....right.

So in the end GX outdamages Firelotus with minimum and maximum, lol.
    These axes are much better than any of the other axes out there by far(Attainable)

They are just better because of Berserker, all the other HH90 or HH99 Axes have the same/more base damage as GX, just without Berserker.
    Does it say anything about your MAG, Vit, or anything else? No. You don't even know yourself.

There is a formula to get the damage.

I bet you even think "weapon damage" is the physical attack of your weapon.
    he damage is still higher on the blade (Which is SAD, it's a single blade, come on!)

Physical damage is, just a little, but the final damage (after the formula) is higher/the same on the Spear.

Also, Spear is the weakest weapon in the Polearm area.
    The Minimum damage is only 400 higher on the Jade Heart, and the Max only about 250 higher. But, the blade has berserk, jade doesn't have anything to back it up. This fight would depend more on the player skill, but even at that, the FireLotus owns this one yet again.

I never said Jade Heart was a better weapon, or that it outdamages Firelotus with Berserker. I just said that Firelotus barely has the same/a little more base damage (without Berserker) than my HH80 gold spear.

And I said "too bad" because of the same reason.

If I'd wanted to compare which weapon is the best, I would compare GX, Angder and Firelotus (we already know which one is the best, it is in order).

Once more, you were assuming.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    That took a long time, and i'm at work. Concentration is limited, typo b:surrender

Where is this formula, I go with what is given. What is the "different" aspect to this that would affect everything in the end? That makes no sense, and would make our stats completely pointless. I need to see something official with the formula. This is pathetic Lyndura b:chuckle

o.0 why have you tried to change the whole point of all this to which is better, GX, Angder, and the FireLotus? Since you epicly Phailed in the first part, so you try to redeem yourself?b:thanks This looks desperate.

Yes, the Berserker is pretty much the same thing as FireLotus, with higher damage output. I agree with you of course, there's proof showing this. ^^
    Now if we were given a choice between those, and the Dual Blade then the stats damagewise would be a lot closer.

Stop thinking one is assuming, and reasearch more. Or, show your right. ^^
    I'm about to get off work so this is it for today! Ttyl :D
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So you say:

I bet you even think "weapon damage" is the physical attack of your weapon.

QUOTE]

I'd like to know what do you mean by this and why does it matter for the argument?

assuming that the damage from a melee is based also on other stats too aside from STR. Those should be constants on this comparison as the topic is a user using either weapon.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Bass Masters are the best! I'll whip all y'all with my trout of might. Sword masters still kick ****!!
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Level and gear has to do with how much and often you have played, not information in the database and from the game itself. Especially not anything that has to do with stupidity, which seems to be a large part of you. Yes I may flame from time to time, but I have a good reason. There is nothing wrong with that either, if you havee a problem with it then gtfo. My post here was direct from the database, and oragnized. Not just bias, Unexplained, and unproven information.

☆Ifrit of Wrath
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14859

☆Firelotus, Blade of the Dragon
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14804

If you can handle it, then do the math Lyndura. Also, the "base" damage (Be more specific next time) you will given will be higher. The weapon on Firelotus is a higheer grade, so you will get a small increase just from that. the STR requirement is only 19 apart from each other! Where the hell would this diffference in your "base" damage be from. Move on Lyndura, you're wasting everybodies time. You don't know everything, don't act like it.

Question for you:

Can you tell me if I;m calculating the average DPS right?

Based on your numbers

the sword

(3657+5115)*0.5*1.25=5482.00

for the poleblade
    (3699+4366)*0.5*1.11=3921.00

am I doing this right?
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    B a s s M a s t e r s !
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ifrit of Wrath +3

518-1017

+12-13 Vitality
    +1% Critical hit rate.
    Bless: Chance to increasee PAtk and PDef.

Firelotus, Blade of the Dragon +7 w/ 2 perfect Garnet Gems (PAtk+80 total)

773-1197

HP +225
    Strength +14-15
    Berserker: Has a certain chance to inflict double damage at the cost of losing 5% HP.

No, on top of having much better base damage Lyndura, when you equip a higher grade weapon it seeems to boost your stats even more than the mere "difference". Also, keep in mind a Sword BM built right can easily have 25% crit rate, with having the possibilities of having up to 75%-85% (With base 25%) critical hit rate lasting 30 seconds. It has also been shown that the berserker bonus seems to be affiliated with the dex/crrit % of your character meaning it would proc for me more often than alot of players. Now stack that double damage on top of a critical hit, easily happpening more than once or twice. The +'s don't makee much of a differencee between each + until about +7-8 and on. And it isn't that hard to work for a +7 or 8, or even buy it if you havee the $.

You showed your arrogance and ignorance on that thread about berserker, and your showing it now.
    Please go back to elementary school.
    BTW: The HH90 Gold polearm isn't much better than the HH80 ;)

b:kissb:bye

LOL Dishy you remember that? ^^ Good times bro. That 6X BM was upper 60's, around 67-8 and an axe user.
    ^^ Hell yeah. U r catching up to Aedus because he is farming mats for money for his Misty forest rings ;P. Bet u could beat him now
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    That took a long time, and i'm at work. Concentration is limited, typo b:surrender

Where is this formula, I go with what is given. What is the "different" aspect to this that would affect everything in the end? That makes no sense, and would make our stats completely pointless. I need to see something official with the formula. This is pathetic Lyndura b:chuckle

o.0 why have you tried to change the whole point of all this to which is better, GX, Angder, and the FireLotus? Since you epicly Phailed in the first part, so you try to redeem yourself?b:thanks This looks desperate.

Yes, the Berserker is pretty much the same thing as FireLotus, with higher damage output. I agree with you of course, there's proof showing this. ^^
    Now if we were given a choice between those, and the Dual Blade then the stats damagewise would be a lot closer.

Stop thinking one is assuming, and reasearch more. Or, show your right. ^^
    I'm about to get off work so this is it for today! Ttyl :D

/facepalm

I'll explain down and maybe you will understand why I tell you to play the game and try other weapons, then you will know about what I'm talking about.
    I'd like to know what do you mean by this and why does it matter for the argument?

assuming that the damage from a melee is based also on other stats too aside from STR. Those should be constants on this comparison as the topic is a user using either weapon.

To show that he doesn't knows what damage is.
    Question for you:

Can you tell me if I;m calculating the average DPS right?

Based on your numbers

the sword

(3657+5115)*0.5*1.25=5482.00

for the poleblade
    (3699+4366)*0.5*1.11=3921.00

am I doing this right?

We all wish it was that easy to get the DPS, but you're doing it wrong. To get your DPS first you have to get your damage.

Since this game was released years ago (other versions, etc) people have been trying to find a way to calculate the damage, because developers never released an official formula(s) to get the damage calculations, so the players were left with just theory and speculations.

NOTE: I'll work with Magic damage, because it is just easier than physical damage.

For example, a "famous" formula to calculate the Magical damage is the one from Cayeon's guide:

([(1+(MAG/100))*(Level + Equipment Magical Attack)] + (MAG + Weapon Magical Attack)*(Magical Attack % from skill) + (skill add-on damage))*(100%+Mastery%)

I think it is correct, if I missed something and someone notices please tell me.

Once you get your total damage, there is another formula to calculate the damage vs. the total magical defense of the opponent (which is another formula). Then you will get your damage against an specific opponent.

On top of that mobs/bosses have defense levels, which will affect the final damage too. You can see this specially on mobs with [?] level, which usually have a fixed defense level, reason why we hit them for a much lower damage than the usual on mobs, by the way, mobs have defense levels too.

It is easier to see this on players, because not all the players have defense level, reason why a PvP damage reduction is applied.

For example, with 7k mdef, high 9x Wizards in Lost City usually hit me for 2~3k per skill, but remember that there is a PvP reduction affecting it, if we took it off then we see that the real damage is 8~12k per hit.

That is what pretty much stop us from going around one-shotting each other, because our real damage is too high.

Reason why in PvP the damage between classes doesn't seem that different, but in PvE the damage difference is pretty huge, specially the higher level we get.

Now, why is different with physical attack?

Because even when people have tried to get a formula to calculate physical attack, it wouldn't work with all the weapons, or changing the builds. Not only that, our Masteries work different than Magical ones, and there is a formula to get Weapon damage too.

One theory is that weapons have a fixed number that will affect the damage, for example let's say that Sword has 0.2 and Axes have 0.4, so even if you get a Sword with the same physical attack and build as the Axes, the latter ones will still deal a higher damage because of the fixed number.

Also there're theories that say that DEX will affect the maximum/minimum damage output in the damage, but once more, just theories.

So because of this (not having an official formula), the only real way to test and prove things is in game.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    /facepalm

I'll explain down and maybe you will understand why I tell you to play the game and try other weapons, then you will know about what I'm talking about.

To show that he doesn't knows what damage is.

We all wish it was that easy to get the DPS, but you're doing it wrong. To get your DPS first you have to get your damage.

Since this game was released years ago (other versions, etc) people have been trying to find a way to calculate the damage, because developers never released an official formula(s) to get the damage calculations, so the players were left with just theory and speculations.

Well, I'm assuming the formula based on the information window (which should be accurate).

I think the secret is how the formula calculates the interval damage: in the case of the sword between 3657-5115 and the polebade 34699-4366.

but since you have the numbers, you dont need the formulas to make the comparison of the two weapons.

Again the DPS I;m talking about is just based on the information window, the actual number would be increased or reduced depending on opponent. Again this should not matter either as you are comparing weapons and you would use same opponent to make comparizon.

Unless the the information window of the toon is not telling the right info, I would then agree with you but still I see no reason why this info would not be accurate.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Well, I'm assuming the formula based on the information window (which should be accurate).

I think the secret is how the formula calculates the interval damage: in the case of the sword between 3657-5115 and the polebade 34699-4366.

but since you have the numbers, you dont need the formulas to make the comparison of the two weapons.

Again the DPS I;m talking about is just based on the information window, the actual number would be increased or reduced depending on opponent. Again this should not matter either as you are comparing weapons and you would use same opponent to make comparizon.

Unless the the information window of the toon is not telling the right info, I would then agree with you but still I see no reason why this info would not be accurate.

Because it is not accurate, physical damage do not equals final damage.

Physical damage is just a part of the formula to get the real damage, STR, Level, Mastery...a lot of things affect the final damage, not just physical damage.

You can go around and ask in other classes forums. For example, go to the Wizards forum and ask for the way to calculate your damage. Or even go to older versions of PW to ask for information.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I opened a tread on the general discusion and all agree the damage is calculated like that (unless new poster shows up after this post)

(mat attack+min attack)*0.5* attack rate=

there is also a formula tread also about these things.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214921

as I suspected the masteries, shards, dex, str and other factors are already included in the calculation of minimum and maximun attack.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I opened a tread on the general discusion and all agree the damage is calculated like that (unless new poster shows up after this post)

(mat attack+min attack)*0.5* attack rate=

there is also a formula tread also about these things.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214921

as I suspected the masteries, shards, dex, str and other factors are already included in the calculation of minimum and maximun attack.

It would have been better if the name was "How to calculate damage?".

And yes, shards, weapon physical attack, equipment, etc. All of them are calculated into the physical attack, (because, duh, all of them add physical attack), which at the same time gets affected by a multiplier that comes from the level/STR of the character.

Which, if you look in the formula posted before (for magical damage):

([(1+(MAG/100))*(Level + Equipment Magical Attack)] + (MAG + Weapon Magical Attack)*(Magical Attack % from skill) + (skill add-on damage))*(100%+Mastery%)

this: ([(1+(MAG/100))*(Level + Equipment Magical Attack)]

Is the Magical Attack (equipment includes, weapon, shards, etc). And at the same time is the same formula in the thread you posted:
    ( 1 + ( MAG / 100 ) ) * ( LVL + EQP )

And is equivalent to physical attack in this (taken from the other thread):
    ( ( 1 + ( ( 2 * STR / 3 ) / 100 ) ) + MAS ) * ( LVL + EQA )

Now, you already have a part of the formula to get the physical damage. You're still missing the rest of it.

NOTE: As you can see, all the formulas are made by players. There're no official ones.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Lyndura, the formulas are to calculate the both ends of the physical damage (the max and the min). if the formulas are true or not is not important as you already have the numbers.

aparently you want to add mag attack. Again on both weapons the attack value is 1 (and insiginicant anyways compared to the physical). So, it should not alter the results.

The weapon that does higher attack should do more damage as result.

Therefore, I'm not interested in how real damage is calculated. The damage for sure depends on the attack you do and the defence your opponent has.