Sword Bms Are The Best

Zerogodruler - Sanctuary
Zerogodruler - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Blademaster
b:laughthe sword bms have the best skills 1vs1 and will pwn any other blademaster
Post edited by Zerogodruler - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Suazku - Heavens Tear
    Suazku - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i beg to differ , i mean if ur fighting a axe bm and he/she has great stun locking/timeing, i think u can and will be taken out >.> but i cant rly say that after all i am only lvl 32b:avoid
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i beg to differ , i mean if ur fighting a axe bm and he/she has great stun locking/timeing, i think u can and will be taken out >.> but i cant rly say that after all i am only lvl 32b:avoid

Nope, all Axe BM's get **** and pillaged. I know from experience. b:bye
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited May 2009

yes... a lvl 66...on Harshlands...
    Go talk to lvl 90+ BMs on Lost City.
    Back.
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Lets go play? I wanna see if your money where your mouth is :)
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Lets go play? I wanna see if your money where your mouth is :)

Helll yeah i'll be back home from work at 11:30 tonight EST. b:victory

I doubt the level difference would make that much of a diff, same if you have hella good gear just more of a challenge ;)
    I'll PM you asap
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Your not online Aedus =.=
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    what the heck!? i USE axes and have killed people around 5 to 6 levels above me, except barbs of course xD
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its not only the weapon path you choose, the skill of the player is waht matters most. If you work out a different strategy for each class you fight, you will see you will perform much better, ragardless of what weapon you chose.
  • Yoyomeng - Lost City
    Yoyomeng - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Lol, just because they're sword doesn't mean they can't stun. So really, both sides can stun lock. Not only axe bms can stun, wtf...
    unoxx wrote: »
    Its not only the weapon path you choose, the skill of the player is waht matters most. If you work out a different strategy for each class you fight, you will see you will perform much better, ragardless of what weapon you chose.

Agreed. Probably the only person who makes sense out of all these "OMFG sword bms suck" threads. Grow up people, it's how you use them. Jeez. b:surrender
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This thread was obviously made for trolling. If the OP wanted an actual discussion he would have posted in one of the many discussion threads about weapons pro's and con's.

let the thread die its a waste of space on the front page. OP can take up his point in this thread. The debate going on there is quite good.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=276412
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your not online Aedus =.=

Wasn't on much, feel ill so.

PM me when you're back, see if I'm about. b:surrender
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    unoxx wrote: »

I tell people I know the same thing, developing your own player skill and understanding how to play your character is what matters the most. That is the reason I can't stand cookie-cutter builds. ^^
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Wasn't on much, feel ill so.

PM me when you're back, see if I'm about. b:surrender

Hope you feel better. : (

I'll be off work and home again, around 11:30pm est. Eventually, we will be able to fight to the death. b:thanks
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol, just because they're sword doesn't mean they can't stun. So really, both sides can stun lock. Not only axe bms can stun, wtf...

Agreed. Probably the only person who makes sense out of all these "OMFG sword bms suck" threads. Grow up people, it's how you use them. Jeez. b:surrender

No, what he means is stun lock effectively, A sword user has Lions Roar, 6 sec aoe, and then Aeloian blade which is 50% chance for 3 seconds, total = 9.

An axe users stun lock is 2-3 times longer.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah i am hybrid axe/swords and well the genies now helps in pvp i think cause the genie have a skill that allow a chance to break stun so yeah axe stunlocking might now work now... well just a guess?
  • Altayr - Dreamweaver
    Altayr - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You guys need to stop arguing. How about I put it this way: " Blademasters FTW."
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    You guys need to stop arguing. How about I put it this way: " Blade&Swordmasters FTW."

b:victory that's right!!
  • Shadowdragon - Harshlands
    Shadowdragon - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Already said before, it's not the weapon, its the player.

On a side note, anyone ever seen a BM that switches weapons in the middle of combat? They're pretty sick. o.O
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sword = Suck Axe = Hax
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • $tarFire - Heavens Tear
    $tarFire - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Not only the skill and weapon but you need to make sure you armor is up to snuff. Your armor can make or break you. Trust me I'm living proof of what bad armour can do. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feinrel - Heavens Tear
    Feinrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I will talk for my experience. My build is sword, my TT wep is for sword. When im grinding i switch to fist to stop spell cast fron mob, them quick switch back to blade to suk dmg, when he is about to cast spell again i quick switch to axe and use stun skill (dont remember the names :P) them quickly switch back to blade and finish his as s

when i get ambushed i switch to axes and aoe them, quickly switch to fist to use one las aoe and switch back and most of the skills are reloaded.

If im fighting a ph mob them i use ocean edge to slow him them push him back with sword skill, them atack him fron far with spirit chase and drakes ray, and when he get back to me i finish him with aoelian blade (if he s not finish, he has % of be stuned :P)

So, the botton line its, we should stop qq about weapons, listen to the high lvl people who tell you to learn all skills and use all weps, beleive me, its way more fun and u have a skill for every situation. For my part, my dmdging wep its my sword and also for push back and atack fron far, Axes for aoe and one more stun skill, fist to stop spell and one more aoe, later, i willmake a tt spear too b:victory

peaceb:thanks
  • Lextrux - Dreamweaver
    Lextrux - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Already said before, it's not the weapon, its the player.

On a side note, anyone ever seen a BM that switches weapons in the middle of combat? They're pretty sick. o.O

That's why I usually (try to) do ^^ it's pretty sick, I only have 1 axe skill atm, but I'm going to develop some more fist and axe skills, though my main build was/is blades you need to learn to take advantage of your possibilities^^
    Being able to switch from dps to stun locks for tanking, to interrupts for casters is great, once you are trained in using those combinations you'll make a better tank than most barbs imo xD

ok, if ur mainly blades you have less hp, so what? you have more chance to hit the enemy, in combination with styles you can take out your groups/bosses faster than a barb who, if the dd's starts attacking before the aggrolock, will lose the aggo pretty fast ^^
    Also the Alter Marrow skills are extremely usefull! though don't go over lvl5 of them, multiclasses are badass, 70% of ur phys def gone is quite a lot xD I should have stayed with 50%, though you're more likely to find mag mobs starting to do phys damage when ur close, so I suggest putting some skill in Sprint, or use some sprint pills, to get to them quickly so that they can't cast xD
    BM's are the best if you know how to use them^^
    If you want an easy character go veno xD if you want a true challenge: bm's the s h i t xD
    BM FTW!!!!

Lex out
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I will talk for my experience. My build is sword, my TT wep is for sword. When im grinding i switch to fist to stop spell cast fron mob, them quick switch back to blade to suk dmg, when he is about to cast spell again i quick switch to axe and use stun skill (dont remember the names :P) them quickly switch back to blade and finish his as s

when i get ambushed i switch to axes and aoe them, quickly switch to fist to use one las aoe and switch back and most of the skills are reloaded.

If im fighting a ph mob them i use ocean edge to slow him them push him back with sword skill, them atack him fron far with spirit chase and drakes ray, and when he get back to me i finish him with aoelian blade (if he s not finish, he has % of be stuned :P)

peaceb:thanks

Suggestions:

Since you have fists and swords. Check which weapon takes you longer to kill the magic mob. In my experience, I noticed that with sword, it was more likely to have to block 3 mag attacks (it was usually two attacks) compared to fists which usually finishes the mob almost prior the second attack or a bit after.

Regarding your slow down strategy with oceans edge, I do it too, but I include vacuous palm too since I have it.

I pull the mob with bow, then drake ray, then draw blood, oceans edge, vacous palm, atmos strike. if everything works fine the mob is away from you bleeding and since is slowed by the the skill it will take a while to return.

In the mean time you hit him with bow or range skills. I got the bow from the supply box. this bow has a chance to reduce 50 of damage done by the mob.

Also if the knockback fails you can leap back and everything works the same.

This works even better if you have the bleed skill from poleblade (which I dont).

I dont use spirit chaser due to the long casting time (twice as drake ray).
  • Feinrel - Heavens Tear
    Feinrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    those are some nice tips granrey, i will put them into practice :P Also, when im using blade i can kill the mob before he cast a 3d skill, and the TT70 Sword i use have high% of quiken, which can help me kill the mob he can cast a 2nd skill. Also, im using a genie skill which reduces the ph def for 20%, another usefull strategy b:victory

Bottom line is, you will never any other class like wizards, archers, venos, barbs or clerics arguing each other about their who is better, we are a class, a very versatile, dificult, and doomed in the point of view of others. But only the ones who plays a BM know how Xtremely fun it is, and we are all BM, let us defend our class, no matter chich path you took. BM FTW b:pleased

PD: i like the way this forum turn the topic fron flaming to tips and strategys b:victory
  • AlucardXIII - Heavens Tear
    AlucardXIII - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Okay, So are polearm Bms any good? J/w I've got the lvl 20 Polearm on now and it seems I'm doing better with this wep type than any other thus far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

_-=Listen Or your tongue will keep you deaf=-_
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Okay, So are polearm Bms any good? J/w I've got the lvl 20 Polearm on now and it seems I'm doing better with this wep type than any other thus far.

Yes, polearm can be pretty good.
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barb R good tuu rite???b:sad Rite??... lol who im kinnding a sword BM will rip me to shreds...me vs. sword BM (or any class with more than 30 dex.) Me: miss miss
    miss miss miss HIT miss miss miss HIT... BM has pwned mehb:surrender
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:laughthe sword bms have the best skills 1vs1 and will pwn any other blademaster

your lucky your on another server cause my bm would come hunt u down.WITH MY POLE HAMMER.

Oh and yeah BM's are fun to play as..the grinding is addictive.I ben grinding out on mutant jacks and seniles tree things by the tons.I think ill start picking on valorians again since i did that quest less than 15 min lol..all physical mobs must be pwnt..hell i still got my lvl 30 3 stars on lol..physical low at my lvl now but the str values it gives me is still top knotch..i got great str and great dex with the values all my items hav on my character.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Yeah, 1v1 skills like Mage Bane right? xD. Have fun fighting a spear BM. You don't have enough DEX to evade like fist BMs and we hit harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk