Ursa, stop lying.

Plume shell > Blade tempest
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yeah, riiight. U plume shell, I blink. You might have some range, but not enough to get to me in this case.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ursa, now im not bashing u but plume shell is a defensive move of clerics to reduce physical damage. If cleric puts up plume shell b4 ur blade tempest hits then damage will be gimped.

Plume Shell Level 1
    Mana: 10
    Cast: 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown: 30.0 seconds
    Weapon: Unarmed, Magic Instruments
    Requisite Cultivation: Spiritual Adept

Convert your energy to instantly form a magical shield which absorbs 53% of incoming damage. Everypoint of damage taken consumes 2.0 Mana. Lasts 20 seconds.

Requires 30 Chi.

Ok now lvl 10

Plume Shell Level 10
    Mana: 100

Convert your energy to instantly form a magical shield which absorbs 80% of incoming damage. Everypoint of damage taken consumes 1.1 Mana. Lasts 20 seconds.

Requires 30 Chi.

If cleric doesnt put it up then u have decent chance of doing good amount of damage. Unsparked i dont think u will one shot a cleric with full life unless ur higher lvl. No point in augueing theories though since people will always say i can counter using this and that. I am not argueing for or against either class just stating some things.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    u have a good point and I never attk a cleric with plume shell. I use blink to go out of range when I see that thing. I might have to tank a shot, but that will take a 30%-40% of HP in worst case. There are 1 milion options here, but when I see a cleric with plume shell I just blink out of his range and stay there for 20 sec. It's not something to brag about, but there's no other option.
    But, PS will last 20 sec, cooldown is 30sec, so I have a window there. 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi.... :) kinda' lame but works. Build up chi in that time and prepare to strike as soon as PS is off, I have no other means of fighting that at my lvl.

never easy to play wizz :), but hell it's fun

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    u have a good point and I never attk a cleric with plume shell. I use blink to go out of range when I see that thing. I might have to tank a shot, but that will take a 30%-40% of HP in worst case. There are 1 milion options here, but when I see a cleric with plume shell I just blink out of his range and stay there for 20 sec. It's not something to brag about, but there's no other option.
    But, PS will last 20 sec, cooldown is 30sec, so I have a window there. 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi.... :) kinda' lame but works. Build up chi in that time and prepare to strike as soon as PS is off, I have no other means of fighting that at my lvl.

never easy to play wizz :), but hell it's fun

Agreed, wiz is fun.
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ursa, now im not bashing u but plume shell is a defensive move of clerics to reduce physical damage. If cleric puts up plume shell b4 ur blade tempest hits then damage will be gimped.

Plume Shell Level 1
    Mana: 10

Convert your energy to instantly form a magical shield which absorbs 53% of incoming damage. Everypoint of damage taken consumes 2.0 Mana. Lasts 20 seconds.

Requires 30 Chi.

Ok now lvl 10

Plume Shell Level 10
    Mana: 100

Convert your energy to instantly form a magical shield which absorbs 80% of incoming damage. Everypoint of damage taken consumes 1.1 Mana. Lasts 20 seconds.

Requires 30 Chi.

If cleric doesnt put it up then u have decent chance of doing good amount of damage. Unsparked i dont think u will one shot a cleric with full life unless ur higher lvl. No point in augueing theories though since people will always say i can counter using this and that. I am not argueing for or against either class just stating some things.

i would just cancel my channeling and use sandstorm or another magic attack till i could use BT
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If you log out you logged out, the char doesn't stay on, when you're in combat or whatever you can't log out with normal quit, no matter how much you push it it just won't do anything, if you do forced quit then you're out of the game, totally. The char stays on only if you get disconnected.

You have tested force quit from combat?
  • Shadowdragon - Harshlands
    Shadowdragon - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

I have a question on that. Let's say you see channeling of BT and then click on the button to cast Plume shell. The delay from clicking on plume shell and the actual channel cast time, would BT till be nerfed then?

A lot of times I tried casting plume shell or some kind of phys def up (with other classes) right before a hit lands, and it still does the same damage and it's not till the next hit that it actually gets reduced.

Any insight on this??
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You have tested force quit from combat?
    I have tested it. Char stayed online for ~15 sec after force quit, being attacked by a mob. I really doubt that it will be somewhat different in pvp battle.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ursa, stop lying.

Plume shell > Blade tempest
    Mystic, it's all about timing and luck. For example, fake BT (interrupted) > plume shell > survive 20sec somehow and FoW> spark > real BT 1 hit KO. Or, FoW > BT > cleric at 1% hp sleeps wiz, IH himself and what?.. cleric is 100% again and bt is 20 secs away, so wiz can be **** here and there >_>
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have a question on that. Let's say you see channeling of BT and then click on the button to cast Plume shell. The delay from clicking on plume shell and the actual channel cast time, would BT till be nerfed then?

A lot of times I tried casting plume shell or some kind of phys def up (with other classes) right before a hit lands, and it still does the same damage and it's not till the next hit that it actually gets reduced.

Any insight on this??

If wizard isnt using essential sutra with a chi pot and is using blade tempest regularly then it has a 4 second channeling time and 1.8 second cast time. That is 5.8 seconds total giving u lets say 5.2 seconds permiting lag to cast plume shell. Plume shell casts in .5 seconds and lasts 20 seconds. I find that the skill is in effect when u see the while puffy stuff flying around and not when its starting so i dont find it useful to try to time plume shell at a point where the the attacker is just about to hit u. If its mistimed all i can say is that is the users fault for using it too late. Play your char and get used to the timeing it doesnt mean your a bad player it just takes time to get used to things. No one is the pro shiznits right out the box and that goes for me as well. Play around, test, test with some variables (chi, other skill combos, if person seals/sleeps you, stuns, apothecary pots, pk mode, etc) and you will have a decent strategy.

Wizard Blade Tempest (skill lvl does not effect casting time)
    Blade Tempest Level 1
    Range: 20.4 meters
    Mana: 354
    Channel: 4.0 seconds
    Cast: 1.8 seconds
    Requisite Cultivation: Transcendant

Focus all of one's vigor to create countless flames that fly towards the enemy, causing the target and all enemies 8.4 meters around the target to suffer both physical and Fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 110% of weapon damage plus 2208.9.

Requires 2 Spark.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    end game is when pvp counts. and at end game, when people are all refined +10, 11, and 12, a cleric has one helluva time killing a wizard. i've personally watched a cleric and wizard, both 105, duel.

both had matching gear:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3d7ab39241dec51d
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6f46dc76fed46eeb

obviously, the type of attack is nonfactor at that level. the winner is who deals the most damage, hits the fastest and has the biggest defense/hp pool. class doesn't mean ****.
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thank you, you have proven my point.

That clerics only chance to kill a wizzy is to find one unbuffed without undine strike?
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    That clerics only chance to kill a wizzy is to find one unbuffed without undine strike?

No you have proven, I have said numerous times, a wizard is not willing to compare to a cleric because they have to take a clerics buffs into effect.

How about comparing a Cleric with a barb buff to a wizard? no?

If you can tell me a wizard is better because a wizard can .... i'll listen

if you tell me a wizard is better because we can.. and have cleric buffs... then sorry, not interested.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    why it always comes down to the "mine is bigger" issue?

Wizz is gimped at the beginning, no question about it. Slowly though it starts to pick up and around 70 gets pretty much on par. No one (unless you're **** or a fanboy - I my book u must have the first quality to obtain the second, kinda' like Apoc pages :) ) can dispute the fact that going into the 80s and 90s the duels between classes are becoming more of a chess game than a "chaaaaarge" we see at lower lvls.
    Reading and watching clips with duels I come to the conclusion that close to endgame ( late 80s, 90s) with decently refined and sharded gear no class has advantage against the other. It's all about players behind the char. Why wizzies are so good at endgame? cause they have the potential to be a powerful char, and the whole idea of wizzard existance is to do the biggest dmg out of all chars. Look at the skills, do some math, se how evertying comes out.
    The players who stayed with a wizz until late 90s are usually experienced ppl, that wizz is not their first char ever in game. Those are feared and respected not because of theri playing skill and not because of char. I'm pretty sure each and every one of them could do very well on any other char.
    Another thing : Channeling reduction is a must. Yes, Clerics and venos can have that too, but the biggest benefit of it is drawn by Wizz. Think about it, what is the biggest benefit? -40% of 3 sec=1.8sec or -40% of 2 sec=1.2 sec? This is just a random example, I didn't take a real numner from a spell, but u can see my point. With no channeling reduction the cleric could have squeezed in a Cyclone channeling, with reduction....meh, not so much.

There is no absolute best char in the game (except that money making machines with legendary pets bugged in PvP and OP in PvE that can farm a fb89 at lvl 75 lol). If the expansion patch will not even odds out, for sure I'm gonna roll a veno to be able to equip my wizz with the best possible gear for his lvl :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No you have proven, I have said numerous times, a wizard is not willing to compare to a cleric because they have to take a clerics buffs into effect.

How about comparing a Cleric with a barb buff to a wizard? no?

if you tell me a wizard is better because we can.. and have cleric buffs... then sorry, not interested.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but to compare the classes, you have to compare them with everything they can get, which includes barb buffs, cleric buffs, etc etc. Since cleric's buffs aren't self cast online (as wizard's stone barrier: +1 for wiz), therefore you can expect wizards to have them.

- Amy
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ................................................Not gonna bother with that Amy_Nailo............
    It doesn't matter tho some people understand some don't, you don't =)
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ................................................Not gonna bother with that Amy_Nailo............

If you're stubborn and unwilling to listen to her arguments, then you'll never learn.

WIZARDS CAN GET BUFFS TOO LOL.
    FAIL HARDER PLX
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    go fall in a pit mystic. u have no clue how either class works. u fail as a priest. go try to prove that we out damage mg again, the unreasionable amount of stupidity u put into that argument was hilarious.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Amy, big props for failing to understand Mysticlifex. That means you're sane AND intelligent.

Mysticlifex, you are a scrub. I'm going to do you a huge favor, though. Go read this, starting at the beginning: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/prologue.html

You should really read the whole thing, but I'm guessing you won't have the patience for that. If so, here's the section that applies most directly to basically everything you post: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Amy, big props for failing to understand Mysticlifex. That means you're sane AND intelligent.

Mysticlifex, you are a scrub. I'm going to do you a huge favor, though. Go read this, starting at the beginning: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/prologue.html

You should really read the whole thing, but I'm guessing you won't have the patience for that. If so, here's the section that applies most directly to basically everything you post: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

LOL so true :D
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Hidden - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options

When u have your first mass pk war, then i'll listen also. Does heavens tear even have more then 10 people red named?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but to compare the classes, you have to compare them with everything they can get, which includes barb buffs, cleric buffs, etc etc. Since cleric's buffs aren't self cast online (as wizard's stone barrier: +1 for wiz), therefore you can expect wizards to have them.

- Amy

QFT.
    missqq wrote: »
    If you're stubborn and unwilling to listen to her arguments, then you'll never learn.

WIZARDS CAN GET BUFFS TOO LOL.
    FAIL HARDER PLX

QFT.
    go fall in a pit mystic. u have no clue how either class works. u fail as a priest. go try to prove that we out damage mg again, the unreasionable amount of stupidity u put into that argument was hilarious.

QFT.

I think mystic is a troll, and doesn't even know it b:pleased
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Carvela - Heavens Tear
    Carvela - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Let's all look in awe at the -99% channeling wizard on the Chinese servers.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/8989889/20081119_336a6f7c1d59aeeca764YfM9HC.gif
  • Hidden - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Let's all look in awe at the -99% channeling wizard on the Chinese servers.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/8989889/20081119_336a6f7c1d59aeeca764YfM9HC.gif

thats the rumoured 95-99% channeling bug that bypasses casting animations, allowing u roll your face on keyboard launching off every single spell possible in 1 sec.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ^it doesn't actually do that, that's not a real picture lol. u still have cast times, u just have no channeling. it's like having sutra ALL the time and still having enough chi to launch 2 double spark ultimates at the same time. the only problem with building like that is u have absolutely no physical defense, only what your armour brings u.

it sounds nice, but you're going to die in 1 hit. and gl getting the -chan stones he has on his weapon.
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think Genies are gonna make this vs. more interesting. An LA wizard with the one genie skill that absorbs magic attacks will probably fare better than a full mag in terms of surviving if they have that genie skill. But in any case whoever is the one that snipes will most likely win. In duels the cleric will win most of the time, but duels are defenitely not close to PvP. I really like that wiz specific skill though xD if timed right tempest is no longer a factor =D. And I have no idea if you can use genie skills while under the sleep condition but there are skills to get out of that as well now...
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    How can you actually get this kind of channeling? I've never heard of gems that reduce channneling. You would need a whole gear with -chan no? doesn't that make your def not even close to the TT and legendary armors? or do all lgendary/tt weapons/armors whatever have -6 or above chann at 90+ ?

Just curious..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the stones aren't in this server yet. and, for the love of god, i hope they aren't implemented. that weapon he has is -6% channeling, stacked with -12% from 2 stones of the virgin angel.

friend has sleeves with -6, -6, -3; necklace with -6, -6; belt with -6, -3; ring with -6, -6, other ring with -6, -3, -3. stacked with a hh100 red wep(+4% crit, -6% chan).

-66%.

-94%, however, would take:

sleeves with -6, -6, -6; 2 rings with -6, -6, -6; belt and necklace with -6, -6, -6. and, ontop of that, a rank 8 magic sword(-10% chan) with 2 stones of the virgin angel.

-99% isn't possible with the weapon he uses. u would have to make it yourself and hope u get lucky with the -chan blues

edit:
    i forgot to add: rank 5 top has -3% channeling. so -97% is possible.
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think mystic is a troll, and doesn't even know it b:pleased

How can you even call this guy Mystic?!
    He's just a failed troll who can't get over jizzing at his cleric.