Options

Comments

• Vi_zexion - Sanctuary
    Vi_zexion - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Biased much? b:chuckle

I could just as easily say:

Is Legendary so worried they will need to use other factions to triple attack Nefarious? b:cute
    b:chuckle and I could just as easily say Nefarious so worried they will need to use Eminance to fend off the rest of the factions. b:cute

Exactly,Thank You. But i accomplished my goal which was getting Falls attention >D now back to neutral writing.
    Originally posted by HolyInferno

where does your "rumors" come from?

You! the players
    In the end all that remains are the good memories you had with them.
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Rumour
    - Gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed*around by word*of*mouth

Opinion - A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty

Just making sure we all know the difference.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Let the fun begin! (or continue with the tea parties!)
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Rumour
    - Gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed*around by word*of*mouth

Opinion - A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty

Just making sure we all know the difference.

~Morgul

What, no quotes from Dictionary.com? Bummer....

I think we all know what Rumor and Opinion means. I too, have heard rumors about the same thing from multiple people. Therefore using your own words:

"Gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed*around by word*of*mouth"

I think such would be classified as Rumor. Unlike Herpes, which is passed around by mouth, that is sadly a Truth and Reality. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ugh, since maybe some of us post without reading carefully, let me recap, and reitirate for clarity:

Vi_zexion says while reffering to Nefarious and potential ally:
    ...is Nefarious as worried as they will need to use Eminence to double attack Legendary?

In that same post, Vi_zexion says this while reffering to Legendary and potential allies:
    Legendary[/color] might attack one of Nefarious territory while other factions will attack as well...

The rhetoric employed when refferring to Legendary is far more favorable than that used when speaking of Nefarious. It is inconsistent, which causes me to point out the author's obvious bias.

(Being subjective is of course very difficult to avoid, but, as reader's it is important to understand the author's frame of reference, in order to truly understand the point he is trying to communicate. I won't go so far as to call it propaganda, but as objective "News" [As in his post's title] it certainly does not qualify.)

I wish to make that point concisely so I say:
    Biased much? b:chuckle

And then I provide an example as to how his "News" could be more consistent/objective:
    I could just as easily say:

Is Legendary so worried they will need to use other factions to triple attack Nefarious? b:cute

Then RisenPhoenix says:
    b:chuckle And I could just as easily say Nefarious so worried they will need to use Eminance to fend off the rest of the factions. b:cute

Except the problem here is that this is not a counterpoint to my point up top. In fact this statement is quite similar to the one Vi_zexion originally made, which causes me to question whether I communicated myself well originally. The way I would prefer the statements written would be consistent, use the same language for both factions, or admit your bias upfront, or accept the complaint that there is a subjective slant. Maybe I misunderstand you, but is this supposed to run contrary to my point? You realize that I was pointing out an example of a way to write objectively?

If it was trying to, in no way does this logically refute my point, you've just repeated his biased statement, to which I would respond as I did in Post #114.
    Exactly, Thank You. But i accomplished my goal which was getting Fall's attention >:D now back to neutral writing.

Exactly what?

You realize that his statement is inane, because had you written "Exactly" that sentence from the get-go, my complaint (Post #114) that it is inconsistent treatment of two different factions remains valid?

As for my attention, congratulations.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    In light of Falls' testimony I hearby strip Zex of his journalistic credentials.

Ohh wait he doesn't actually have any.. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited May 2009
    Options
    .........I didnt know Nefarious was giving out English lessons, taught by one of Nefarious' many Leader(s).....

Anyway....you made your point. Congratulations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Legendary and Nefarious won't attack one another because it wastes to much coin and would go on for hours.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Vi_zexion - Sanctuary
    Vi_zexion - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thank You professor Falls you shall receive a very good grade at ratemyprofessor.com b:thanks
    In the end all that remains are the good memories you had with them.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thank You professor Falls you shall receive a very good grade at ratemyprofessor.com b:thanks

LMFAO b:chuckle

• iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    what? no news on what happened yesterday? who won? tsk tsk. i think nef silenced everybody by their silence in world chat. or was it that they beat all 3 attackers?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    iamcleric wrote: »
    what? no news on what happened yesterday? who won? tsk tsk. i think nef silenced everybody by their silence in world chat. or was it that they beat all 3 attackers?
    Everybody tired cause they sent all+their grandma to fight b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • wingedman
    wingedman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

I think you've been schooled b:shutup
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Why such the negativity? We all fought hard, and it was a good fight.

I'd have to show you videos from behind the scene for you to even have the smallest understanding of what happened. Each and every front struggled. Even Nef admitted they barely escaped defeat.

I could type it out to you, or you could just see for yourself once I post it. =]
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • iamcleric
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Everybody tired cause they sent all+their grandma to fight b:pleased

Why did legendary send ALL + their grandma to fight? b:shocked adding their grandmas equipped with Ultimate Grandma Cane Wand +12 and Armors of Ironhand +12 (with phys def of 50,000 and mag def of 75,000) are no match for the big tanks, super nukers, sneaky snipers, quick healing medics, magnificent debuffing venos of Nef.

I guess lesson learned: also send grandpas next time XD
  • Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ZEEEXYYYY!!! *glomps*

errm..

Nice post! I have the urge to go back to Sancutary again. Since HL is filled with PK nerds that can't GTFO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamcleric
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Why such the negativity? We all fought hard, and it was a good fight.

I'd have to show you videos from behind the scene for you to even have the smallest understanding of what happened. Even Nef admitted they barely escaped defeat.

I could type it out to you, or you could just see for yourself once I post it. =]

I didn't make any comments on how you fought. I'm sure you fought well and gave it your all.

There have been so much negativity aimed at Nef. And yet after every victory, I rarely see them gloat or trash talk in world chat.

No need to post. My hubby pretty much nuked you the whole time. I was watching him play :)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I didn't make any comments on how you fought. I'm sure you fought well and gave it your all.

There have been so much negativity aimed at Nef. And yet after every victory, I rarely see them gloat or trash talk in world chat.

No need to post. My hubby pretty much nuked you the whole time. I was watching him play :)

Don't know who your hubby is, but I'm pretty sure everyone who is sane should nuke me since I was pulling a cat.

edited May 2009
    Options
    If I remember correctly, there was no trash talk from any of the attacking or defending factions in World Chat this past weekend.

Every offensive and defensive party gave it their all, fought hard and fought with good sportsmanship. It was a struggle for all sides, and a well played out TW....

I dont think we should start unnecessary smack in the forums, to make up for the lack of it in World Chat.

Props to Lionsoul for giving it another go for the second week in a row, Props to Dreaming for taking a shot at Legendary, Mpire for testing their power at Nefarious, Nefarious for defending brilliantly on three fronts at once, and Legendary for the epic fight everyone was waiting for, and Regicide for being such a strong force and really giving it a go. Excellent teamwork on everyone's behalf. b:victory

• Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If I remember correctly, there was no trash talk from any of the attacking or defending factions in World Chat this past weekend.

Every offensive and defensive party gave it their all, fought hard and fought with good sportsmanship. It was a struggle for all sides, and a well played out TW....

I dont think we should start unnecessary smack in the forums, to make up for the lack of it in World Chat.

Props to Lionsoul for giving it another go for the second week in a row, Props to Dreaming for taking a shot at Legendary, Mpire for testing their power at Nefarious, Nefarious for defending brilliantly on three fronts at once, and Legendary for the epic fight everyone was waiting for, and Regicide for being such a strong force and really giving it a go. Excellent teamwork on everyone's behalf. b:victory

+1, but I think thier were only 20 people fending of regicide but w/e b:pleased
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    +1, but I think thier were only 20 people fending of regicide but w/e b:pleased

Lets not bring numbers in here.. shall we?

I often here people say .. "We were only 30.. against their 80.." and I wonder.... Who's problem is that ? Basically, if any guild has less numbers <whether Nef or Leg or w/e> its the guild's problem and it is in no way a reason/justification for the course or outcome of the war.

Now, that out of the way, I commend all the guilds for a fun-filled weekend. It was heartening to see no trash on WC after the war. <although I was told of some during the war, but have no first hand experience>

Well done, Regicide on giving us a few anxious moments at the start, but once Lionsoul was done, there was no looking back. Well fought. ^^

Looking forward to forthcoming weeks.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't know who your hubby is, but I'm pretty sure everyone who is sane should nuke me since I was pulling a cat.

I nuked you a few times Dan. And that was an awesome battle by both sides. Kudo's.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Well said.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lets not bring numbers in here.. shall we?

I often here people say .. "We were only 30.. against their 80.." and I wonder.... Who's problem is that ? Basically, if any guild has less numbers <whether Nef or Leg or w/e> its the guild's problem and it is in no way a reason/justification for the course or outcome of the war.

Now, that out of the way, I commend all the guilds for a fun-filled weekend. It was heartening to see no trash on WC after the war. <although I was told of some during the war, but have no first hand experience>

Well done, Regicide on giving us a few anxious moments at the start, but once Lionsoul was done, there was no looking back. Well fought. ^^

Looking forward to forthcoming weeks.

~Morgul

Heh we didn't expect to win lol. We were completely shocked that you didn't put out at least 60 members on us in the start.

I admit I was worried about our numbers as well. Had maybe 70-80 able people participate last night, when about a month ago we fought with only 50. We haven't had over 100 online since the new servers came out >< the last fight defending against Outlaw.

This is just what I heard, but we were told you were able to maneuver people back and forth whenever Legendary or Regicide TWs needed reinforcements. Gotta give you some credit on that, well done. Even though you might not have been able to field 80 on both fronts, you sure made it seem like it. It was well coordinated, my compliments to Nef.

• Sager - Sanctuary
    Sager - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Heh we didn't expect to win lol. We were completely shocked that you didn't put out at least 60 members on us in the start.

I admit I was worried about our numbers as well. Had maybe 70-80 able people participate last night, when about a month ago we fought with only 50.
    Splitting resource to 3 territories at the same time is not easy thing to do.
    I admitted that we kind of under-estimated you at first. We didn't expect
    so much of Regicide have showed up which force us to send some squads
    in Legendary war to backup Regicide until we ended Lionsoul and pushed to
    end Regicide quick. The battle was fun and kept Nefarious factionchat and
    teamspeak busy ^_^

We all have fought very well this weekend, including Regicide and Legendary.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Splitting resource to 3 territories at the same time is not easy thing to do.
    I admitted that we kind of under-estimated you at first. We didn't expect
    so much of Regicide have showed up which force us to send some squads
    in Legendary war to backup Regicide until we ended Lionsoul and pushed to
    end Regicide quick. The battle was fun and kept Nefarious factionchat and
    teamspeak busy ^_^

We all have fought very well this weekend, including Regicide and Legendary.

Yeah we did have the element of surprise on our advantage. We just looked weak from losing many TWs, but we rebuild and grow quietly. It proved to be effective last night. But now that you guys know.. you probably won't underestimate us again lol. b:cute

• slymeria
    slymeria Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    dont you wish you had rebirth instead of lionsoul? three attacks of that size would've been a quick battle for one of you. and dan, why are you obsessed with talking about your guild? its so annoying
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    slymeria wrote: »
    dont you wish you had rebirth instead of lionsoul? three attacks of that size would've been a quick battle for one of you. and dan, why are you obsessed with talking about your guild? its so annoying

Um, the topic of the discussion is basically what happened in Territory Wars. And so I stayed on topic, "Territory news at Sanctuary." Sorry to have annoyed you, but all I did was talk about what happened in the War from our side of the story.. b:shocked

• slymeria
    slymeria Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i meant in general lol. not bashing on you, just that you talk about your guild alot lol
  • KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    slymeria wrote: »
    i meant in general lol. not bashing on you, just that you talk about your guild alot lol

What exactly are you referring to? World chat recruits? 'Cause Dan doesn't do much recruiting in World Chat...

Perhaps you have some... you know... examples?

He is the faction leader and assumes his role very modestly. Honestly, Regicide is a fairly quite faction on Sanctuary Server. We are all pretty chill and laid-back.

If anything I would say Dan doesn't talk about his faction enough.
    Sorry, but I don't really know where you are coming from with that post...

Back on topic, the TW's this week was excellent! I can't wait for next week. Hopefully more factions will join the battle.

I also wonder: We know Nef has the power to neutralize Legendary, but do they have the power to over-take them? I can't wait for the 2nd week of battle in this war... should be fun ^_^
This discussion has been closed.