Think venomancers are overpowered? Please read.

Comments

• Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I believe the archers and robes in here have spoken differently.
    I believe 9x on LC have spoken differently as well, so?
    I posted proof that the nix doesnt 1 shot want to ignore it go ahead thats your fail.
    1 player not getting 1 shot is not proof of anything,

Funny your doing a good enough job showing how fail you are yourself. Keep it up its funny.
    You're doing an amazing job at showing how little knowledge you have, or you just fail too much.
    Maybe because I dont live on the forums to QQ like you guys seem to do. and your questions were already answered and buried.
    Just like all your claims have been destroyed :)
    Sophia posted damage calculated btw, that alone destroys any claim you have rofl

Even the GMs want this fixed btw, some1 posted their ticket answer in the suggestions topic where the guy posted # of dmg dealt showing the overpowered buged skill.
    GMs, you fail !!

I think miat has thrown zoe off the #1 HT failure throne.

Next?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think mia and lessie should go to harshlands to solve it "the old way"

only 1 rule: don't touch each other's hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Sophia - Harshlands
    Sophia - Harshlands Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Miat, do you suck too much?

Cant you imagine a fair pvp fight?

One in which we all have the dmg reduced like all skills have in pvp?

Do you just suck far too much so you need pve unreduced damage to win in pvp?
    Pendulum's definition of fair fight:
    Copy and paste: img12.imageshack.us/img12/4148/lolzpendulum.jpg
    "That was a pretty fair fight and liek OMG they got ****ed up." - Wreck talking about the fight in the screenshot.
    "You're the worst mage ever" - Iffy 5 mins before I roll her 1 on 1

We should keep that in mind next time you're crying in sz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Confessions by a SZ hero
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009

You just nailed it.

Come on mia, keep overthrowing zoe from the fail throne b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    True, but the mods know that if they lock this thread an equally stupid thread will pop up to replace it.

To everyone else, just wait for the genies to be released, and stop complaining about this since rivers of tears isn't getting you anywhere.

Acually the only reason why those thread will never die is because of arrogant venos calling people that complain about a bug that makes venos oviously overpowered noobs and idiots that don't know how to play their class.

EDIT:
    Cant you imagine a fair pvp fight?

One in which we all have the dmg reduced like all skills have in pvp?

The only thing she can't imagine is that venos get 'nerved' in any ways, since she doesn't pvp.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Acually the only reason why those thread will never die is because of arrogant venos calling people that complain about a bug that makes venos oviously overpowered noobs and idiots that don't know how to play their class.

Those are quite common nowadays, sadly.
    Those venos should learn to play the veno class without dealing pve damage in pvp b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Those are quite common nowadays, sadly.
    Those venos should learn to play the veno class without dealing pve damage in pvp b:laugh

I want this to be fixed so that maybe I'll actually be able to pvp without all the hate targeting because of the bird. Its really annoying to have everyone in a pvp fight turn and look at you because all of a sudden you're the one there with a nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited March 2009

If this thread gets locked, will another thread on a subject involving venos, the phoenix and/or being OP be created?

If such a thread is created will it be because of "arrogant venos" or because someone is complaining about venos, the phoenix or them being OP?

If such a thread is created then wouldn't the better course of action have been to simply let the other thread continue to collect the myriad complaints and flame wars over something no one has any control over since the devs are in China?
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Everyone is just mad at the arrogant venos, ppl that go all "learn your class" whenever anyone mentions the bug and completely ignore that they have the only unreduced dmg @ pvp in all the game.

If blade tempest had no reduction dmg, I guess it'd be ok for mages to tell everyone else "learn your class" following failures/zoe/mia logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Seal the bird. OMG no bleed. Sleep the bird. OMG no bleed.

Of course the veno will be attacking you at the same time but nothing is new there you always fight 2 people at once when you fight a veno.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Seal the bird. OMG no bleed. Sleep the bird. OMG no bleed.

Of course the veno will be attacking you at the same time but nothing is new there you always fight 2 people at once when you fight a veno.

Through another strange phoenix bug I have been told that sleep does not always work on the nix.

Also it can be easily cleared by unsummoning/resummoning quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Everyone is just mad at the arrogant venos, ppl that go all "learn your class" whenever anyone mentions the bug and completely ignore that they have the only unreduced dmg @ pvp in all the game.

If blade tempest had no reduction dmg, I guess it'd be ok for mages to tell everyone else "learn your class" following failures/zoe/mia logic.

There are no "arrogant venos", just people who are really tired of the constant complaining. When did this argument about "learn your class" start surfacing? Immediately or after a month of this constant bickering?
    Through another strange phoenix bug I have been told that sleep does not always work on the nix.

Also it can be easily cleared by unsummoning/resummoning quickly.

Unsummoning/resummoning requires the veno to stop moving which can give the other player time to get in range. How much time depends on the players latency.

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Although when you are resummoning you are unable to do anything, giving someone else ample time to kill you.

I believe my stats were asked for?
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/foxdraco/stats.jpg

They aren't even made for pvp and my gear is **** as you can so easily tell.
    Main characters
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    There are no "arrogant venos", just people who are really tired of the constant complaining. When did this argument about "learn your class" start surfacing? Immediately or after a month of this constant bickering?

I think you miss all the arrogant venos that random pk now just by sending their bird at people because they can't do that on HT.
    I do it while I'm on wq because I think its funny to autofly and kill someone.

Although when you are resummoning you are unable to do anything, giving someone else ample time to kill you.

I believe my stats were asked for?
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/foxdraco/stats.jpg

They aren't even made for pvp and my gear is **** as you can so easily tell.

Yes this is true, you can't do anything. Plenty of ways to get around that though. Kite away, kite up and drop/catch yourself before they know whats going on, bramble hood/summon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    just b/c its counter-able doesn't mean a bugged skill shouldnt get fixed. any dota players out there? templar assassin's 1 hit KO from repeatedly using RoB and melding...remember that? you could 1 hit rosh, 1 hit anyone that walk past. of course..."ward rosh and dont approach where she melded, or just ward/kill her where she stands" were obvious counters, but it gets fixed anyway, b/c its a bloody bug. i dont know why thats so hard to understand.
    there was no L2P discussion, no "but TA is underpowered already" discussion (which the hero wasn't at the time anyway), no "its easily countered" discussion.

if you have no idea what dota is, my message is simple: bugs should be fixed, i dont know why theres any more discussion about this
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I think you miss all the arrogant venos that random pk now just by sending their bird at people because they can't do that on HT.
    I do it while I'm on wq because I think its funny to autofly and kill someone.

That is hardly grounds to call someone arrogant.
    Yes this is true, you can't do anything. Plenty of ways to get around that though. Kite away, kite up and drop/catch yourself before they know whats going on, bramble hood/summon.

If they don't know what's going on then they were caught unawares.

• Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    what version of dota is that ?

There isnt much of a counter for mages, archers, clerics.
    Chase veno if you somehow manage to kite a 10 m/s bird and 1 shot the veno before it catches up to you, ofc the veno can kite forever, so good luck.
    Or you run away.
    That is hardly grounds to call someone arrogant.
    You dont know how bad this is because you can go blue named and have tea-parties, no position to argue on the effect this has on pvp servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• ghosttiger
    ghosttiger Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I wanna see you run 20/20/20 or the high TT dungs without a veno.

Only way you could is if you're a lot higher than the mobs, like a lvl 90 running fb39 will 3 shot the mobs so no need for veno there.

arrogant much? please, I've run 20x3 for both 69 and 79 without a veno. 2 tanks a BM one cleric and 2 archers, ran smoother and went quicker than luring one mob at a time. that's just the one squad I remember. but we've done it several times because the arrogant veno's r to busy begging for people to come open squad mode TT with their hercs, that they can't be bothered to come and help anyone else but themselves. and got news for u, I'm not a lvl 90. try a lvl 83 barb. either way, I will repeat what I said:

veno's r a definite asset in a dungeon, but not a requirement. not if u know how to build a squad or even know how to play a game or u'r character. think outside the box.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    ghosttiger wrote: »
    arrogant much? please, I've run 20x3 for both 69 and 79 without a veno. 2 tanks a BM one cleric and 2 archers, ran smoother and went quicker than luring one mob at a time.

I doubt any of that is true, lie much?

Even if it was, 95% of players I've ever met in HL and LC will not run it without veno, sooo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I've been in a 20x3 in fb 69 where there were 2 venos and neither one of us did any luring. 2 barbs instead liked to run in to agro most of the room and just aoe them all. Got that run done really fast.
    Main characters
  • ghosttiger
    edited March 2009
    I doubt any of that is true, lie much?

Even if it was, 95% of players I've ever met in HL and LC will not run it without veno, sooo...

so arrogant.....and Godly to say I lie. considering u've never squaded with me. those 95% r pansies then and have no desire to try anything different. or even risk their precious exp. I promise, veno's have not been in 100% of the Millions of squads that have come together for their quests.

sorry to hurt u'r ego, since u'r only come back is "Liar", it's a dead give away.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    I've been in a 20x3 in fb 69 where there were 2 venos and neither one of us did any luring. 2 barbs instead liked to run in to agro most of the room and just aoe them all. Got that run done really fast.

It all depends what kind of party you go with.

When I did mine everyone was about level 70, and instead of tanking we used archers/warriors to stunlock the mobs for the most part, but we pulled one at a time because otherwise we would have gotten wrecked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Venos that play their class by sending their pet in and kite, and then ask other people to learn their class are arrogant...
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    so arrogant.....and Godly to say I lie. considering u've never squaded with me. those 95% r pansies then and have no desire to try anything different. or even risk their precious exp. I promise, veno's have not been in 100% of the Millions of squads that have come together for their quests.

sorry to hurt u'r ego, since u'r only come back is "Liar", it's a dead give away.
    Oh noes, my cyber-ego was hit b:shocked

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Well those 95% make up the majority of HL population lol, so been asked to go to fbs is still an advantage for venos, with very few exceptions.
    Try harder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• ghosttiger
    edited March 2009
    Oh noes, my cyber-ego was hit b:shocked

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Well those 95% make up the majority of HL population lol, so been asked to go to fbs is still an advantage for venos, with very few exceptions.
    Try harder

again....didn't I say that venos were an great asset to squads? I just said u'r not a requirement. and evidently, the other 5% in HL seem to agree, u'r not a requirement. so I guess, TT FB and 20x3 isn't impossible without a veno. as u asserted in u'r original post.

thanks for helping to prove my point.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    again....didn't I say that venos were an great asset to squads? I just said u'r not a requirement. and evidently, the other 5% in HL seem to agree, u'r not a requirement. so I guess, TT FB and 20x3 isn't impossible without a veno. as u asserted in u'r original post.

A requirement for the majority of the server population, seems pretty good to me.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Yourmom - Lost City
    edited March 2009

Have you ever done HH90 without a veno? I don't even like going as the only one because it still takes forever. Not to mention killing the bosses that buff themselves is really hard without a veno or two to debuff them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghosttiger
    edited March 2009
    Have you ever done HH90 without a veno? I don't even like going as the only one because it still takes forever. Not to mention killing the bosses that buff themselves is really hard without a veno or two to debuff them.

again, I'm not lvl90, I'm a lvl 82 barb. so I can honestly no, I have NEVER been in HH 90, with or without a veno. then again, I hate TT. TT through the 70's just burned me out and pissed me off at TT. so I've kinda swore off TT from here on out.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    taking a veno to TT3 is like begging to get hit 50k.

the job 1 barb+cleric+veno do at FB can be done, mostly, by 2 venos alone. rushing 20/20/20 with barbs/bms IS risky because there's always some mob hiding/moving which will certainly pick the cleric. but... nothing is impossible. I can also solo FB59 with a barb without charm.

concerning the sleep failure, i've never heard of it. cleric/wiz spells are not supposed to miss. the unsummon/summon clears it and should be treated as a bug.

just 1 last thing to add concerning the phoenix skill: the bleed skill is nothing new. bm's have draw blood, which does 5.2k over 15 seconds (sage) and 4.6k over 12 seconds (demon) and have 8 seconds for cooldown. my opinion is that herc and nix to venos is like having a bm as bodyguard. these pets are expensive but the real problem is that no other class has such a thing at disposal. not that they should be be taken out or have their skills/stats changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Venos that play their class by sending their pet in and kite, and then ask other people to learn their class are arrogant...

Once again I ask: when did this comment start appearing on the forums? As soon as the complaints started coming, or after they got tired of hearing the complaints?

This discussion has been closed.