Venomancer Bilds

Comments

• vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    - -- Bump ---

OK i see how it is.. nobody will help.. it's ok .. -.- just getting to know the comunity .. it's fine.
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Depends how you define screwed up, and what build you were trying to accomplish. Obviously if you were trying to use robe armors, they require no dex whatsoever, so it would be pointless to have dex points. That is unless you are using foxform...

I guess this is why nobody responded to you, theres a lot of factors to think of. Is it so bad that you should restart? Probably not(though if you wanted to, 22 is pretty easy to get to) but those dex points(assuming you are Robe/caster) arent helping you. So I would obviously stop adding to dex, and just work around it. Later on you can buy a re-stat scroll from the Botique or another player, and fix it up.
  • Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary
    Meilidaiyu - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Doesn't dex increase your crit hit rate? Wouldn't it be better to have a high crit hit rate and magic w/ low vit (since you have a pet)?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    No, crit rate isn't something you should sacrifice HP for when you have very low physical resistance (Squishy basically). Crit rate isnt something you should really rely on as a mage to save your butt anyway, since it's based on chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    No, crit rate isn't something you should sacrifice HP for when you have very low physical resistance (Squishy basically). Crit rate isnt something you should really rely on as a mage to save your butt anyway, since it's based on chance.

u might like to sacrifice HP for crt rate if it would be like 15%-20%, but since that's unlikely to happen, nvm DEX
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I'm lucky to get even 6% crit as a heavy build, it's nice but crit rate isn't something I strive to acheive, just came as a small bonus from the dex I need to wear heavy armour :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    also remember the wear the Wolven Fang arrow (or whatever) the once which adds 1% crt
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Meta - Dreamweaver
    Meta - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Great guide ^^,
    So as i assume, the mage build is mainly for pve and heavy armor for full pvp. Though i play in a pve server right now i'll go pvp later in future. So... My question is: Light Armor Build vs Dual ARMOR hybrid build. Light armor build has better crits and dodge % and Dual ARMOR hybrid build better p def and p dmg autput in fox form. Veno is mainly a debufer in both human/fox forms, so spells newer miss (corect my if im wrong). So dex isint realy needed - it's for better gear only. To spend 20 stat points (4 lvl) to get 1% crit is ridiculous, cause it doesent increase debuf landing rate (i assume). If i go Dual ARMOR hybrid buid, i'll use full Rank 9 heavy and full rank 12 Robe (copy-paste ^^), but if i go Light Armor Build i'll wear light armor rank max?
    What is the max rank for light/heavy/arcane armor and requirements in stats to wear them? (searched databases/forums but didn't found ~~, )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtigrerrax
    xtigrerrax Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Whats agi?
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    do -not- necro old threads -.-
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    also remember the wear the Wolven Fang arrow (or whatever) the once which adds 1% crt

The arrows do nothing unless you have a bow equipped; what you see when the arrow is equipped is called a visual glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azuril - Sanctuary
    Azuril - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO DISTRIBUTE MY POINTS FOR THE HEAVY BUILD? i DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY EXPLAIN IT HERE
    THANKS
    Venomancer Heavy Armor Build

WEREFOX STARTING ATTRIBUTE

HP: 60 MP: 60
    Melee DMG 4-4 Magic DMG 6-7
    Crit% 1% Attack Rate 1.25 Hit Rate 35
    Dodge Rate 30 Travel Speed 5.1
    Physical DEF 3 Magic DEF 2 to all 5 Elementals ( Metal,Wood,Water,Fire, Earth)

Stat Distribution

1 CON = Max HP +12
    6STR = 4 DEF; +5 STR = DEF +1
    1 INT = Max MP +12
    1 AGI = Accuracy +7, Dodge Rate +6
    Level Up Bonus: Max HP +24, Max MP +24

As you can plainly see.
    100 Con = +1140 hp ( Dont forget we start with 5 Con , so 100 Con = 95 Con added only )
    200 Con = +2340 hp

A level 100 Werefox with 5 Con has around 2436 hp
    Formula = 60 + ( 24 x 99 ) = 2436 hp
  • Batseba - Heavens Tear
    Batseba - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Great stuff. Exactly what I was looking for.

@Azuriel

His stat distribution is as follows:

every 2 levels he distributes 10 points.

+1 VIT --- this adds to your health
    +6 STR --- this adds to your physical attack and defence and enables you to wear the Heavy Armour
    +1 MAG --- this adds to your MP
    +1 DEX --- this adds to your agility enabling you to dodge better and get more criticals.

For some reason he's leaving one point out?! I'd put that into either MAG or DEX, though a Heavy user would probably advise towards DEX because you're geared towards melee.
  • Ajidah - Lost City
    Ajidah - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    oki now it makes sense thanks!
  • god926
    god926 Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    those stats are every 2 lvls. just do your best and make you have stats for your next lvl armor upgrades. probably 3 str per lvl and one level do 2 of the one next lvl put points into the remander of the stats.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    god926 wrote: »
    those stats are every 2 lvls. just do your best and make you have stats for your next lvl armor upgrades. probably 3 str per lvl and one level do 2 of the one next lvl put points into the remander of the stats.

I hope she was not holding her breath for your reply..... it is a tad late lol
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Nitroximus - Dreamweaver
    Nitroximus - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ive been following the OP's suggestion of alternating between 4 Int 1 Vit on even levels, and 3 Int 1 Str 1 Vit on odd levels, and it's working out very well.
  • Shinedown - Harshlands
    Shinedown - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol @ arcane has 100% fail rate against EA
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol @ arcane has 100% fail rate against EA

No it isn't .
    Nitroximus - Dreamweaver Ive been following the OP's suggestion of alternating between 4 Int 1 Vit on even levels, and 3 Int 1 Str 1 Vit on odd levels, and it's working out very well.
    Thanks for the necro and we use Mag. instead of Int and that has changed see Tearvalerin's guide.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nisus - Dreamweaver
    Nisus - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    At lvl 90 - I have 112 base vit, yet... I still wear arcane robes... You can mix and match points where you want to with arcane, yet you have to be weary of what you can wear and stay arcane. Im barely arcane, yet Im far from LA, or HA. So either way you really have to watch where you leave your Vit, Mag, Dex, or Str. and with 112 base vit that gives you 3480 exact with no equipts. If you build this way, i advise using defence stones since its mostly pvp build for arcane... Most of anything though deals with where you set your points, how you stone your armor, and how you play your charater. I would not be fox with this build though, and im not. For me what I think is, it means I last longer while soloing if the boss has an AOE. b:cute
    (Dynasty Executor)

Asking Questions is fun, its getting the odd answers that is the funny part!
  • silverwolf72
    silverwolf72 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've only got to lvl 38 HA Veno

I use hammers most of the time and quick slot it so I can take it off and cast heal on my pet then switch back to my hammer.

The only skill that works with non magic weapons is Spark Eruption

So far it has been a fairly easy to lvl.
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This guild was defiantely made by someone else of a different PW, because AquaBarrier Dharma is Kowlin on PWI.
  • OBlackMamba - Sanctuary
    OBlackMamba - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am doing my veno a pure mage build, where I do 5 intel on even and 1 str 4 intel on odd lvls. I get constant critical hits with this build, it's mainly a squishy build but your wood magic is pretty heavy just make sure you have a strong armored pet to keep those high physical enemies at bay.
  • XDarkJessX - Lost City
    XDarkJessX - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    mihai wrote: »
    Venomancer Mage build

Stats
    Every alternate levels, add these:
    1 vit, 4 int
    1 vit, 1 str, 3 int

This should give you enough STR to equip your mage gear, enough con to survive longer than a glass cannon, and enough INT to nuke whichever mob you want to kill.

Equipment
    Full mage gear

Stones
    Physical defence, magic attack. Or HP stones if you want more survivability

Pet
    Golem

Skills
    All mage skills, plus all support skills except melee mastery. Do not waste skill points on fox skills like Foxy Drub or HexMist attack. However I would recommend Injure maxed, as well as Banish if you want an edge in PVP

Pros: Fastest solo leveler in the game, until level 70+. After that, second to Archers. Easiest to play. Recommended for level 1-60. Restat after that.
    Cons: Very weak against physical attacks, 100% die rate against archer.

Venomancer Light Armor Build

Stats
    1 Agi, 1 Str, 3 Int
    vit leave at 5

Thus at level 105 you should have
    Str 109
    Agi 109
    Int 317
    vit 5

Equipment
    Full light armor gear, best mage weapon you can equip.

Stones
    HP stones

Pet
    Golem or Little Froggy to solo on land. Scorpion (Original lvl2) for PvP. Petite Sawfly in the air.

Skills
    ALL OF THEM. It will be impossible of course in the beguining so Mage skills take priority. Around lvl70 you should have all the main Mage skills (except Scorching Swarm and Glacial Swarm, leave at lvl1), Wood Mastery, all Fox skills up to Shadow of the Fox and Injure (not all at the best lvl though), Melee Mastery.

Pros: Good overall defence. Good dodge, helps against melee attacks. Good critical too.
    Cons: Really bad or really good for PvP, it depends on how good you are as a player. Every class can own you but you can own every class as well.

Venomancer Heavy Armor Build

WEREFOX STARTING ATTRIBUTE

HP: 60 MP: 60
    Melee DMG 4-4 Magic DMG 6-7
    Crit% 1% Attack Rate 1.25 Hit Rate 35
    Dodge Rate 30 Travel Speed 5.1
    Physical DEF 3 Magic DEF 2 to all 5 Elementals ( Metal,Wood,Water,Fire, Earth)

Stat Distribution

1 CON = Max HP +12
    6STR = 4 DEF; +5 STR = DEF +1
    1 INT = Max MP +12
    1 AGI = Accuracy +7, Dodge Rate +6
    Level Up Bonus: Max HP +24, Max MP +24

As you can plainly see.
    100 Con = +1140 hp ( Dont forget we start with 5 Con , so 100 Con = 95 Con added only )
    200 Con = +2340 hp

A level 100 Werefox with 5 Con has around 2436 hp
    Formula = 60 + ( 24 x 99 ) = 2436 hp

So a level 100 Werefox with 100 Con has 3576 hp , and a Werefox with 200 con has 4776 hp.

So i taught maybe adding 200 Con is a "super dumb" idea...instead i can skip the extra 100 con....and those Points can be added into Agi and Int.

Also, since upgrading Heavy Armor gains more Hp then upgrading Light or Robe Armors, hence we dont lose out much :)
    Why the increase in Dex/Int all the sudden?

Well using deductive reasoning , i came to a conclusion that it might be a wise choice to Sacrifice a little hp and go for more mana, M.Atk , M.Def and Dmg

More int = More mana
    More int = More M.Atk , which helps in pet Healing and Spamming of skills
    More int = a little extra M.Def
    More int = more dmg??? how is this possible...i dont use magic base skills...the answer is simple...more int = able to equip magic swords.

I also increase abit of Dex, ( around 70 or 80 at lvl 100 ) so that i can hit even Archers at around 80% of the time with Fox Form.
    Skills: should have all max without the lvl 19, 29, 59 (human form) skills, i forgot the name and was lazy to check the site..
    Pets

Land : Lv 60 AquaBarrier Dharma ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , Armor Break , Scream Shock )
    Lv 2 Scorpion ( Ripping Bite , 3 extra slots )
    Sky : Lv 8 Petite Sawfly ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , 2 extra slots )
    Water : Lv 80 Celestial Fish ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , 2 extra slots )
    1 Slot free for Pet Mount
    IN PVP / TW / PK you need a pet that will rip your opponent apart, a golem cannot do that, but an AquaBarrier can.

Aqua has a very good attack stat gain , by level 80 it will have more attack than a golem.
    Aqua cannot be out runned by normal player, hence making it easier for the pet to chase people who run.

PVP Build but mainly a mage

Lvl: 62
    Vit: 39
    Str: 86
    Int: 180
    Agi: 20

Weapon: HH60 green mage sword
    Armor: mage armor max level, heavy armor depending on str (chest and trousers only, to save inventory space)
    Pendant: physical def
    Rings: physical attack

Lvl105 stats will be
    Str: 155
    Vit: 39
    Int: 306
    Agi: 40
    NOTE: finding a guild for adding stats/lvl is damn hard, i might have one but still not the best, anyway here is it: add 1 STR 1 AGI 1 VIT 2 INT until lvl 15, after that, add 1 STR 1 VIT 3 INT until lvl 34, after that add 1 STR and 4 INT, around lvl 50 u'll see that u have enough INT and need more STR, just bring SR to 86 than continue with INT till lvl 62, after lvl 62, add 1 STR 1 AGI 3 INT till lvl 72 than add 1 STR 4 INT, around lv 80-85 u'll see that u have enough INT so bring the STR to 155, than add only INT till lvl 105, don't know after lvl 105, tell me when u reach it :))
    Weapon: Ultimate (lvl99 str 44 int 306)
    Armor:
    Set 1 - gold dragonbreath heavy scale (lvl 52 str132 agi30)
    ______gold cuisse of the vicious (lvl 61 str 155 agi35)
    Set 2 - gold nether massacre's cape (lvl96 str 52 int147)
    ______gold evil spirit's britches (lvl96 str52 int147)

-cast time items take priority over anything else

Skills: following pure int build, with exception of foxy drub max, divine malefiction (debuff) max, and hexmist lvl2/3
    Pet: dodo (for stun)
    Skills: bashing (good damage, draw aggro), doodoo(stun), ripping bite, summon storm (cover up for wood weakness)

Strategies:
    All cases: change to fox form, debuff, amplify maim

Against melee: pet spam summon storm, i nuke like hell, use pots and intersoul switch to keep hp up. Exception for EA, first thing to do is run up as close to the EA as possible, while instructing the pet to attack simultaneously. If EA continues to run around, pet continues to attack while I continue to follow. If EA stays and hits me at close range, I nuke like hell and use intersoul to keep hp up. Also can use hexmist to lower the EA's accuracy.

Against mages: pet spam bash, I change to fox, spam foxydrub and physical attack. Mages are paper thin against physical attacks, and they spam spells but at int180, my spell resistance is relatively high.

Pros: able to hit the weaknesses of all other classes, wont be paper thin when own weaknesses are attacked by other classes especially EA, best all rounder PVP build in my opinion.
    Cons: not pro in any particular field, but then again this build is to attack the weaknesses, not head on 1v1 with same skills with same class.
    Major pro: can join some zhen due to being not so paper thin (with mount of course)
    Major con: much reduced strength in PVE, slow soloing. still better than most classes though.

Dual ARMOR hybrid build

This Guide Specifically is not centered around using -%req it works fine without it, -%req in some cases promotes a sloppy build but it would make this build better if your lucky enough to find it. It would be the difference of having 40-50 more Vit vs the 6.

LVL 101 Stats Are 297 Int, 177 Strength, 40 Agi, 6 Vit
    add like this: lvl 1-35, 1 AGI 1 STR 3 INT lvl 35-105 add 2 STR 3 INT but when u hit 177 STR, stop adding it

Stones
    You Equip HP Stones to supplement CON and give you more HP.

How This Build Works
    Depending on the Enemy You wear a full Rank 9 heavy and Transform into fox form.
    OR you Wear a full rank 12 Robe and fight in human For against magic enemy.
    OR you Mix and Match Gear to give you a Balance of Stats Hence Heavy/Robe.

Combinations is What is important Here
    1. Full rank 9 armor costume 3497 PDEF, and 1190 MDEF
    2. Full Rank 12 Mage costume 507 pdef, 4820 mdef
    3. Rank 9 heavy armor shrit and pants, with rank 12 mage wrist bracer and Shoes
    2461 Pdef, 2665 Mdef
    4. Rank 12 mage shirt and Pants, with a rank 9 warrior wrist bracer and shoes
    1573 pdef, 3655 Mdef .

How This Build Differs from the Light Armor Build

Higher Patk
    Higher Pdef when transforming into Fox Form.
    Higer Pdef while wearing Heavy/Robe
    Lower Mdef While Wearing Heavy/Robe
    Same Mdef while wearing Robe

IF you want to go Mage armor u only need 1 str every 2 levels! 1str every level is such a waste dude dont write guides please u fail now for light armor u need 1 str 1dex 3mag every level :) DONT WRITE GUIDE BECAUSE U FAIL SO MUCH!

NOTE: finding a guild for adding stats/lvl is damn hard, i might have one but still not the best, anyway here is it: add 1 STR 1 AGI 1 VIT 2 INT until lvl 15, after that, add 1 STR 1 VIT 3 INT until lvl 34, after that add 1 STR and 4 INT, around lvl 50 u'll see that u have enough INT and need more STR, just bring SR to 86 than continue with INT till lvl 62, after lvl 62, add 1 STR 1 AGI 3 INT till lvl 72 than add 1 STR 4 INT, around lv 80-85 u'll see that u have enough INT so bring the STR to 155, than add only INT till lvl 105, don't know after lvl 105, tell me when u reach it :))
    Weapon: Ultimate (lvl99 str 44 int 306)
    absolute bull **** u have to have 3mag every level to use the best magic weapon to your level stop trying to make a guide since your definetly from a different pwi version
    http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/antisniperwarfreak/Objection.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/BlNqw1RDnxYYzBT0r0tk54RkjWepgAqnoFBsobR7Syey0BKzGCMPs3mxWl8IOWy2RsWXeEG7CYX7kSd6iGxgm*9qhZSI7IeB/Failboat.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/natirips/please-do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/9/16/633886757771900930-ForumRage.jpg
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    that guide is 2 years old. dont bump 2 years old threads you dumb ****
  • Azurane - Dreamweaver
    Azurane - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hey, I just wanted ask if it's okay to add stats like this:
    9 Int; 1 Str (every two levels).
    I'm going for the Mage-Build, and don't get why Dex is important, or why I need Vit, since the Pet should be tankng.
    (Yes, this thread is old, but I did not want to stat a new one. And sorry if I'm a Noob.)
    Naked girls and guns. That's what childhood dreams are made of.
    (---Toni DiNozzo - NCIS)
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Dex is worthless on a veno..I think every 20 points is 1% crit added.

1str 9mag per 2 lvls is the standard pure mage build. Later on though you may have to restat to add a bit of vit(with cap of about 50).
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    MaouHime - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well I think thats a common Build preferably used in PVE servers and quite good for starters.

I think others will tell you more about that b:laugh, as I am not that experienced enough.

(Well I use that pure mag build as well)
  • CuteVenoXD - Archosaur
    CuteVenoXD - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think you don't need to restat later, the little hp gain of vit really aint worth it, i gone 9 mag 1 str evry 2 levels and i guess ill keep doing that

oh and for mage veno's a little advice: if you want to help at squads later at high level, it would be smart to train Purge/Amplify Damage and eventually befuddling mist,
    you can just cast these spells, than change back to normal form again b:victory

and by the way this guide is far too old so i say b:bye
    found betters on this forum b:laugh
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    epic necro
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132