Agi 109
    Int 317
    vit 5

I like this build and have modify it.

Str 109
    Agi 109
    Int 307
    Con 14

Magic damage 260 i think its enough, you have a little better physik defense and a litte better magic defense and a little bit more hp ^^

click here for info
  • erobos
    erobos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i am new on pw can u tell me where i should put my stats every lvl if i whana use heavy and what skill to use atm i used 1 str 1 dex 3int until lvl 5 b:sad
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    lol 10 con at lvl 105 won't do anything, its just a waste.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    According to http://www.ecatomb.net/character.php it has higher magic and physical defense
  • lel0uch
    lel0uch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    How many total STR do I need to meet the full mage equips requirement? And does dex help my cast time? Thank you.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    No, never seenanything indicating that dex reduces cast time, all dex achieves is allowing you to wear light armour, a higher evasion and an increase in the chance to score a critical hit (with spells also).

You need to add approximately 1 Strenght every two levels for magic robes and weapon and 1 strength and one dexterity every level if you go for light armour. But you can just check the equipment for it's requirements at their crafters.
  • rojoe
    rojoe Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Question: I'm currently trying fox form/heavy armor build. I was just wondering how essential is CON to this build? I was originally planning on focusing on str and dex with minimal con and just enough magic to equip whatever magic sword im using at the time. Would CON be necessary even with such a high def build using fox form?
  • berks
    berks Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Anyone going heavy build will have to sacrifice either damage or hp.

Low hp & high matk - at best you can get around 4 - 5k hp with just your armors. I've already heard of a heavy veno getting killed with 1 normal (crit) atk by an archer. An archer's normal atk is physical damage. If a physical damage dealer can do that what will you think a mage class will do to you. In the end glass cannon builds are about who gets to deal damage 1st.

Mid hp & matk - not so bad. This is actually pretty good. But the thing with being in the middle is that you may be able to survive most hits, but you won't be getting a lot of kills either.

High hp & low matk - This is my build. I have 5 int and 200+ con (7k hp). It takes a lot to kill me but there is really very little chance of me killing anybody (unless I use my pet). I've decided to build around the debuff curse so having 9k buffed hp really helps since 10m range of the skill requires me to be close to the action (the damage from AoE's)

If you want to be a mage (high matk) heavy is not the way to go since you lose around 80% damage in equipment value do the to high str reqs of heavy armor.

Fox builds on the other hand may benefit more from going heavy but they still need the hp to survive close quarter combat (fox skills = melee). No amount of reduction will save you if your max hp can't handle 1 hit.
  • rojoe
    rojoe Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    berks wrote: »

Low hp & high matk - at best you can get around 4 - 5k hp with just your armors. I've already heard of a heavy veno getting killed with 1 normal (crit) atk by an archer. An archer's normal atk is physical damage. If a physical damage dealer can do that what will you think a mage class will do to you. In the end glass cannon builds are about who gets to deal damage 1st.

Mid hp & matk - not so bad. This is actually pretty good. But the thing with being in the middle is that you may be able to survive most hits, but you won't be getting a lot of kills either.

High hp & low matk - This is my build. I have 5 int and 200+ con (7k hp). It takes a lot to kill me but there is really very little chance of me killing anybody (unless I use my pet). I've decided to build around the debuff curse so having 9k buffed hp really helps since 10m range of the skill requires me to be close to the action (the damage from AoE's)

If you want to be a mage (high matk) heavy is not the way to go since you lose around 80% damage in equipment value do the to high str reqs of heavy armor.

Fox builds on the other hand may benefit more from going heavy but they still need the hp to survive close quarter combat (fox skills = melee). No amount of reduction will save you if your max hp can't handle 1 hit.

Ah well thank you very much for the input. I will go ahead and try the fox/heavy armor and I'll see where it takes me, since I can always re-stat if it doesn't work out. Good to see all the variations and how they develop though. I thought the fox form would be enough for defense but I guess not. If I wanted to do little damage and be a massive con tank I would have gone Barbarian anyway.
  • garedo
    garedo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Does having a wepon equipped make you stronger in fox form?
  • rking
    rking Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    berks wrote: »

The only way for an archer to shoot a heavy fox in 1 shot is if she's human form. And it's done by a hell dex archer with a really good bow + Spark + Deadly Shot + Crit. This combo tops out at around 25K physical damage (and quite consistently with crit gear.) A well equip heavy fox can easily attain 20K physical defense with cleric buff and is in fox form. And glass canon mages and cleric will own you in heavy armor regardless of how much HP you have, because your physical damage is so poor that a naked WB can still laugh at you.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    garedo wrote: »
    Does having a wepon equipped make you stronger in fox form?

yes, u should get the best mage wep that u can quip, higher lvl --> higher phy attack
    and don't even think about using axes or sth else, won;t work
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • garedo
    garedo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thanks. Now I'm doing a heavy armor fox build, and I was thinking of filling the int, str and dex requirements for wepons, and putting the rest in vit. Is that a flawed strategy? I don't plan on using any human form skills. Input?
  • suckme
    suckme Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    umm if making a fox form class why use a magic weapon at all
  • rking
    rking Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Magical weapon has physical attack stats. Veno has melee mastery gives 220% weapon stats (300% if you go heaven at 89.)

There are many variance of heavy fox build, including 66 mag (lvl 22 magic sword) or 90 (lvl 30 magic sword) or 153 mag (lvl 52 banner staff ) that allow user to wear robes as well as heavy.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    suckme wrote: »
    umm if making a fox form class why use a magic weapon at all

Because none of a Veno's skills will work with anything other than magic weapons or bare hands.
  • graider
    graider Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Honestly, I think the light armor build is the over-all best. it provides you the ability to wear some of the lower tier, higher phys def heavy armors. and the light armors, which allows you the versatility of some of the werebeast build and the mage build. I have a 'test' veno on Heaven's tear. I'm wearing the blessed chain chest and legs, and the deerskin everything else, focusing on phys def and phys attack 'accessories' (rings, belt, neck, cloak, etc...) and using a mage weapon. my damage is around 40-77 (in melee), and around 200 damage with the basic spell at level 2. I'm going to start increasing strength in a little bit, but this is at level 12.

My phys def is over 318 in fox-form, and my average fox-whallop dammage is 142. Combined with the pet, which holds 90% of the agro of monsters, you can do kill quests and collection quests twice as fast before the monsters are strong enough to start 3-4 shotting your pet.

There is another fox/caster build you can try, every 2 levels you can do this:
    Vit+1
    Mag +4
    Str +3
    Dex +2

Keep in mind, you will be loosing out a little on this build. You can only wear the best light armors, but you can wear some of the heavier armors. Your weapon will be 1-2 levels weaker than your level (if you are level 19, you can only use level 15 or 17 magic weapons at best). This build is designed for using both spells and fox form. When choosing skills with this build, get everything at level 1, and advance your prefered path of skills, you need to specialize with this in order not to be seen as 'too weak'. I havn't tested this build yet, so if someone wants to, tell us how it works, otherwise, I will have a post in 2-3 days in a new thread.
    If the best defense is a good offense, why did I even show up?

If a train is going east at 50 mph and another train is going west at 90 mph, where do they...Never gonna give you up~ Never gonna let you down~Never gonna run around~and hurt you~

If you've got this far, you've been rick-rolled.
  • XangChi - Heavens Tear
    XangChi - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ok, I'm new to Venomancers and like many of you here, I have the same question. "What are the stat placements for a Heavy Armor Fox build?"

Well, let's break it down for a sec.

Every level...

Heavy Armor requires 2.5 STR and 0.5 DEX
    Magic Weapons requires 3 MAG!
    Total status points needed equal 6!

~~~ OR ~~~

Every two levels...

Heavy Armor requires 5 STR and 1 DEX
    Magic Weapons requires 6 MAG!
    Total status points needed equal 12!

Now we have a problem here. We only get 5 status points per level (or 10 per two levels.) What do we do?

Personally, (and remember, I'm new to a Venomancer) it seams that if you are making a Heavy Armor built, you should make your STR your priority and suffer in MAG. If you are going for a Mage build, you should make MAG your priority and suffer in STR/DEX.

I think I am going to try out 2.5 STR / 1 DEX / 1.5 MAG per level or 5 STR / 2 DEX / 3 MAG every two levels.

Notice, I am not adding any VIT. Why? Because it's not needed. There is a skill that the Venomancer can get that switches your Mana Value with your Health Value. By raising my MAG, I am actually raising my Health!!

"Well, ok, but why the extra point into DEX then?" you might ask. Well, a Heavily Armored Venomancer with Bramble Guard or whatever seems to me like it would make a great tank when in Fox form. But when I think "TANK", I think Barbarian. It is well known that Barbs don't have the greatest accuracy because all there status points go to STR and VIT. So to make sure all my Curse's (Skills from Fox Form) hit there target, I figure this would add an extra half a point of DEX per level. (IT'S JUST A HALF A POINT!!!)

So anyways, to recap, I think it might be a good idea to place my stats for a Heavy Armor Venomancer as follows:

Every two levels:
    5 STR / 2 DEX / 3 MAG

Anyone got any input on this stat lineup, I would love to hear it. Please!!
  • graider
    graider Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    On the whole it looks pretty well thought out! I'm just going to point out that fox form gives 2x accuracy, and +60% phys def.

You will be very accurate in melee with fox form even with the dex suggested for the heavy armor. Will you hit 100%? No, but you will hit more than 90%.

You will be using a lower level magic weapon than your level, you'll be using the fb19 ***Trail Pataka (mag 59 reqirement) at about 36th level instead of 21st or so.

However, if you want to stick with your build, I highly suggest being a blacksmith, and a craftsman. If you gather about 5-6 times the materials you need for the weapon you want to make, and pray for a good 2 star weapon!

With craftsman, you can do the same. Rings, necklaces, and belts that are 2 star are absolutely awesome.
    If the best defense is a good offense, why did I even show up?

If a train is going east at 50 mph and another train is going west at 90 mph, where do they...Never gonna give you up~ Never gonna let you down~Never gonna run around~and hurt you~

If you've got this far, you've been rick-rolled.
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    HaTorah - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Actually, I was just looking at that. My accuracy really wont change much because I think Accuracy caps out at 97% or something like that. And even tho a half a point extra MAG isn't much, it still means using weapons at a sooner level then before and 1 level is 1 LEVEL!! Thanks for pointing that out.

I think I am going to change my build to:

5 STR / 1 DEX / 4 MAG every two levels.

P.S. am I wrong or doesn't defense in fox form reach 120% at level 10?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    P.S. am I wrong or doesn't defense in fox form reach 120% at level 10?

u're right: Transform into a werefox. Physical defense increases by 120%, accuracy increases by 200%, and maximum MP falls by 20%. Allows werefox skills to be used.
    as far for the +1 MAG , won't make big difference, u'll always get the HH 60 wep at lvl 60, the 70 one at 70 and so on

• Flamingchill - Heavens Tear
    Flamingchill - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Whoa, Whoa Whoa, I got the Vit-No Build. Worked Perfection for Me!
    How to start
    From lv1-20(optional if your over)+4 mag +1 str
    From lv21-30(optional if over) +4 mag, +1 str, Every other lvl, +4 mag +1 vit
    From lv31-49(Optional if over) +4 mag, +1 vit, every other lvl, +3 mag +1 str and +1 vit
    From lv50+,+4 mag +1 vit, every TWO lvls +4 mag +1 str.

Note-Try wearing +Hp or +vit gear to increase vit.
    This only works if you are a PvE Arcane Robe Build.
    I suggest putting only 1-5 pts into dex, for just that *little* evasion(optional)
    Using this build, your mag should be your lv x 3.5

Pros of Vit-No build-Massive DMG intake, easier for survival, still has good dmg, and enough str for gear. More HP = Less pots, Less Pots = More Money, More Money = Better Gear, Better Gear = Better Chance of Survival

Cons-May not 'nuke' massive dmg, has no, or not much room for dex, so lesss evasion/accuracy.

All in All, Vit-No Build is Perfect for surviving basic everything, doing high, but not highEST dmg, and for saving money
    I curse you and my curse is that you be what you already are..!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't get it! "No-Vit" build? But arn't you are adding vit?

Anyways, why would you add vit anyways? Once you use "Soul Transfusion," your mana becomes your vit. So whats the point of vit then? Is there a secret or something you're not telling us?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't get it! "No-Vit" build? But arn't you are adding vit?

Anyways, why would you add vit anyways? Once you use "Soul Transfusion," your mana becomes your vit. So whats the point of vit then? Is there a secret or something you're not telling us?
    ehm.. wrong
    lets say u're HP is 800/1000 that means 80% and MP 200/1000 thats is 20% MP
    soul transfusion will just reverse the %, so u'll get: 20% HP that means 200/1000 and 80%MP = 800/1000

and Flamingchill thx for the info ;)

• Johnma - Lost City
    Johnma - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i dont understand how many i add to con str dex or mag if u wear heavy armor plz tell me in forms i can understand
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Heavy Armor requires: 2.5 STR and 0.5 DEX (AGI) per level.

Seeing as how you only get 5 stat points per level, you only have two stat points remaining because you are using 3 to equip the Heavy Armor (2.5 +0.5 = 3)

Are you with me this far?

2.5 STR per level
    0.5 DEX (AGI) per level

2.0 stat points remaining per level

From this point forward, I would suggest 2 MAG (INT) every level.

Note that in order to equip a current level MAG weapon, you need 3 MAG (INT) per level. so in other words, your weapon will be a lower level weapon throughout the game because of the lack of stat points available.

Some Heavy Armor Venos like to go 2 VIT (CON) per level instead of 2 MAG (INT). This type Veno, however, fights bare handed. Myself, I can't justify 24 extra HP (1 stat point = 12HP) per level over a lower level weapon. Not to mention that Robes (Magic Armor) requires 1.5 MAG (INT) per level which means what? Not only can we wear any Heavy Armor at any given time, but we can wear any Robe as well.

SO! Just to recap, I would suggest:

2.5 STR per level
    0.5 DEX (AGI) per level
    2.0 MAG (INT) per level

OR

3 STR / 2 MAG (INT) every even level
    2 STR / 1 DEX (AGI) / 2 MAG (INT) every odd level (or vise versa)

OR

5 STR / 1 DEX (AGI) / 4 MAG (INT) every 2 levels

No matter which method you use, you'll end up with the same stats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fliers
    fliers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well, For the heavy armor build If your just going to use foxform then you wont really need int for your wep. plus the str would go towards melee weps.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    fliers wrote: »
    Well, For the heavy armor build If your just going to use foxform then you wont really need int for your wep. plus the str would go towards melee weps.

wrong
    u can't equip melee weapons in fox form

• godithnightwind
    godithnightwind Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    this is confusing and i don't get it. what do i do if i want to be a melee venomancer?
  • Alacri - Sanctuary
    Alacri - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    wrong
    u can't equip melee weapons in fox form
    I mean If your not using your fox form. You would use melee weps cause of your str >>