Venomancer Bilds

Options

Comments

• Alacri - Sanctuary
    Alacri - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I shouldnt even be arguing this i have no idea about heavy armor venos. LOL. b:chuckle
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Are Rhinodrakes good tankers too?
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I shouldnt even be arguing this i have no idea about heavy armor venos. LOL. b:chuckle

no, sorry, u might be right, i saw some venos using dual axes
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • claw66
    claw66 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    so would having 1 vit, 4 mag on even lvls and 1 str, 4 mag on odds work well or would you have to little hp to survive?
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    claw66 wrote: »
    so would having 1 vit, 4 mag on even lvls and 1 str, 4 mag on odds work well or would you have to little hp to survive?

your phy defence will be your main problem in surviving, as far for your HP, will be between low - decent

• markize
    markize Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Uhm.. I started off with a pure veno mage, got a lvl 17 crystal pet, got to lvl 19... And all the time I disliked the poor defence I had. Sure my pet was taking damage, but if it died or I got too many monsters at me, I would die. And the fox form felt almost useless. I killed slower and I was still not having that good defence.. It gave me no advantage in being malee damage dealer. And well, for being long-range magical attacker the defence was lacking too much for me.. So I started a new char on a new server and went for the Light armor built. I felt I wanted to use a hybrid, where I could have more advantage of my fox form and still be mage..

And there, in a squad, I told that I changed from mage to light and one of the players (who played an alt but had a lvl 68 char) was telling me that mage veno is more common, that he knew lots of lvl 60ish mage venos that were doing fine, so I needed to learn to play it. Uhm, not saying that mage venos are bad.. But it didnt really suit me.. Maybe I am doing it wrong, idk.. but what is so wrong with the light armor built... :S
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    any build can do fine, just light armor is more balanced overall (a bit lower mag attack than a pure int but more phy deff) u should choose the one which fits u better

• Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    markize wrote: »
    And there, in a squad, I told that I changed from mage to light and one of the players (who played an alt but had a lvl 68 char) was telling me that mage veno is more common, that he knew lots of lvl 60ish mage venos that were doing fine, so I needed to learn to play it. Uhm, not saying that mage venos are bad.. But it didnt really suit me.. Maybe I am doing it wrong, idk.. but what is so wrong with the light armor built... :S

Just ignore them, and if they get insulting about it just block them since they are the people that want to pigeon-hole each class to being one thing, and one thing only.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Macabredoll - Lost City
    Macabredoll - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay so, after reading this thread..... I still have the same question.

I think I want to go pure fox form. So, then what are my benefits? What build do I need to use? Every level how many points go into what?
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay so, after reading this thread..... I still have the same question.

I think I want to go pure fox form. So, then what are my benefits? What build do I need to use? Every level how many points go into what?

There is no one single correct way to be a pure fox form veno.

Decide on what weap you wanna use. Then build accordingly. Most pure fox venos either use the FB19 gold magic sword, the FB29 gold magic sword, or the <level 20 quest reward wand, which doesn't need any magic to use.

Personally, I reckon the FB19 gold is the best overall.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I been playing around with being a Heavy Veno myself. What I'm trying to figure out now, is this....

Would I be better off wearing the best armor I can at my level and use the lower level weapon?

or

Get my stats set so I can use the best weapon for my level, and then wear the lesser level heavy armor?

Unless I goofed someplace, it seems obvious I can't have both. Or can I?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Katselya - Heavens Tear
    Katselya - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This guide is horrible O.o
    Is it based off .MY or something?
    Int? Agi? =/
    Someone needs to re-do this

Basically there are many Venos, but the 2 main ones I like and most people use are:

PVE Pure (Every 10 Points)
    8 Mag
    1 Str

PVP Light Armour (Every 10 Points)
    Now first off, nobody should go light armour until level 60-70+
    Because it seems to be just pointless, but its your choice.
    6 Mag
    2 Dex
    2 Str

Most Venos can put up there Vit a bit, but when your a higher level having Citrine Shards in your gear does way more for you than wasting your points.

I know alot of people use Melee veno, but, I really have no idea about it so I'm not going to state anything xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Get my stats set so I can use the best weapon for my level, and then wear the lesser level heavy armor?

For lvling, obviously go for the best weapon and worse armour. And yes, without +stat gear, it's not possible to use both the pimpingest weapon and armour of your level.

But rest assured... at level 90 it's possible to use full TT90 armour as well as level 89 gold weap. Just need to get yourself a good gear set, then restat yourself to match your gear.

Oh, and you're wrong, Katselya..
    T
    8 Mag
    2 Str

6 Mag
    2 Dex
    2 Str

For the top one, you only want 1 strength instead of 2 for every 10 points.

And there's absolutely no point in going pure int and then restatting to light armour at 60 or 70... unless money means nothing to you. The difference it makes to leveling will be so small as to be almost irrelevant. And a light or heavy armour veno can still level, grind and solo TT as well as a pure int.

Basically, as long as a veno gets at least 6 int and 1 str every two levels, it's fine for lvling. (Unless you're making a battlefox.. but let's not confuse people here)
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary_1254490888
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This guide is horrible O.o
    Is it based off .MY or something?
    Int? Agi? =/
    Someone needs to re-do this

Basically there are many Venos, but the 2 main ones I like and most people use are:

8 Mag
    2 Str

6 Mag
    2 Dex
    2 Str

Most Venos can put up there Vit a bit, but when your a higher level having Citrine Shards in your gear does way more for you than wasting your points.

I know alot of people use Melee veno, but, I really have no idea about it so I'm not going to state anything xD

small change: PVE build, 1str 9int every 2 lvls as you only need that much str for your weapon and armor

as for melee veno, they will use the fox transformation skill, which ups your accuracy by a lot. so even if you don't have any dex, you still won't miss all that much.

damage in melee veno is based my the physical attack on the magic weapons. yes even if you are a melee veno, you will still be using magic weapons, since you'll need them to use your skills
  • Katselya - Heavens Tear
    Katselya - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    fuzzles wrote: »
    And there's absolutely no point in going pure int and then restatting to light armour at 60 or 70... unless money means nothing to you. The difference it makes to leveling will be so small as to be almost irrelevant. And a light or heavy armour veno can still level, grind and solo TT as well as a pure int.

Basically, as long as a veno gets at least 6 int and 1 str every two levels, it's fine for lvling. (Unless you're making a battlefox.. but let's not confuse people here)

Yeah I messed up, 1 Str, so used to 1 Str per level :3

And as for Money meaning nothing, uhmm O.o venos can Solo TT and Farm FB's easy as pie at higher levels, at level 30 I was farming fb19 and got quite a few molds. Buying a 500k stat reset wouldnt be much. Most Venos I know have told me to go Light armour 60-70+ Since Light armour is for PKing, and nobody really needs to be PKing under level 60 since they will just keep getting killed. Also being a lower level and not Pking, you pet will do most of the tanking, so there wouldnt be a need for it, and having more Magic at a lower level would help you kill mobs faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For lvling, obviously go for the best weapon and worse armour. And yes, without +stat gear, it's not possible to use both the pimpingest weapon and armour of your level.

But rest assured... at level 90 it's possible to use full TT90 armour as well as level 89 gold weap. Just need to get yourself a good gear set, then restat yourself to match your gear.

Oh, and you're wrong, Katselya..

For the top one, you only want 1 strength instead of 2 for every 10 points.

Well rather than wait till level 90 and do a restat and re-equip myself, I decided to just make the change now. I have a Nix to help me level, so doing so with a heavy build really isn't much of an issue. I restatted myself to be able to use the best armor I could for level 40 (my current level) and found I couldn't use much of a weapon. Not really too worried about it tho because of the pet I have. Taking Fuzzles advice, and as I continue to level will eventually be able to squeeze into both the best armor AND weapon for level 90.

As far as rings belts cloaks, and belts go, is the Mag the best to go with as a heavy like I think I seen someone say on another thread? Or should I go Pdef and Pdmg on these itmes for best results?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Since this is PWI -

Pure Mag Venos = PvE..

Light Armour Venos = PvP..

Heavy Armour Venos = Purge bait in TW..

Pure mag venos allow you to kill stuff way quick, you don't need light armor to tank a mob..You got a pet!

Light armour is deff good for Pking/TW..Since you'll have to face a AOE oriented area.

Heavy armour is good for TW..Run in and purge and you'll last long..Otherwise unno tbh..you lose to much on damage n your using weps ect that are way below your level so its a failure tbh.

Pure mag = best PVE Though especially with a herc.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Decide on what weap you wanna use. Then build accordingly. Most pure fox venos either use the FB19 gold magic sword, the FB29 gold magic sword, or the <level 20 quest reward wand, which doesn't need any magic to use.

Personally, I reckon the FB19 gold is the best overall.

Is the FB29 gold magic sword actually in the game? I've never seen it nor its mold in the auction house, nor in a cat shop.

And why is the FB19 gold magic sword better?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Since this is PWI -

Pure Mag Venos = PvE..

Light Armour Venos = PvP..

Heavy Armour Venos = Purge bait in TW..

Pure mag venos allow you to kill stuff way quick, you don't need light armor to tank a mob..You got a pet!

Light armour is deff good for Pking/TW..Since you'll have to face a AOE oriented area.

Heavy armour is good for TW..Run in and purge and you'll last long..Otherwise unno tbh..you lose to much on damage n your using weps ect that are way below your level so its a failure tbh.

Pure mag = best PVE Though especially with a herc.

Thats all fine and dandy. I am gearing for PVP and eventually TW so thats why Im going Heavy. And I don't own a Herc, I got a Phoenix.
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    Options

You're getting heavy armour veno confused with battlefox. Many people seem to.

Heavy armour veno is a veno that aims to eventually use both the best magic weapon for its level, as well as the best heavy armour for its level.

Battlefox is a melee veno, designed to spend all its time in fox form.
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is the FB29 gold magic sword actually in the game? I've never seen it nor its mold in the auction house, nor in a cat shop.

The FB29 sword is in the game, yes. But it does seem to be rather rare and difficult to get a hold of. Specially with the recent management ****-up, in which a bunch of lucky cheating individuals amassed a huge amount of money, leading to molders and gold weapons selling by the truck load.

It's personal preference really as to which is better. I prefer the FB19 one because it's a lot cheaper and easier to get, and because the +physical damage on it just seems to lend itself nicely to battlefoxes. Although your weapon choice is by no means limited to one of those two/three. Just that those are the best for battlefoxes.

If you go any higher than that, you kinda stop being a battlefox and start being a heavy armour veno.
  • mentallaxative
    mentallaxative Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Fuzzles, is your fb19-29 preference only for characters in that level range? It doesn't seem to make sense to me to use a weapon of that level when you get higher.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Every heavy geared veno I've seen..Has the most failure of weps..And they never go in fox form..theres 2 full out heavy melee venos..but they still fail in TW/PvP and PvE..
    edited February 2009
    Options

For some reason my pwdatabase links are giving the MY names of the above two even though I copied the URL from the PWI versions.

The PWI names are FB29 = Order of the Stars, and FB19 = Mirage Sword.

Editing the links to go to the correct item...
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Fuzzles, is your fb19-29 preference only for characters in that level range? It doesn't seem to make sense to me to use a weapon of that level when you get higher.

The FB19-29 preference is only for pure melee venos.

For any caster or hybrid veno, there's absolutely no reason to stay on anything less than a level 70 weap.
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A lIttle unclear on the heavy armor build...what weapons do we use?

and could anyone put "in English" how do i distribute points plz thx...
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Fox form requires that you use magic weapons or barehanded, before deciding on which weapon you want, decide whether you're a heavy armour/robe veno who uses both mage and fox skills, or pure melee/fox form. (this could effect what kind of bonuses certain weapons add that are of better benefit to your build)

There's no put xx into xx every level either, you never have extra points to pump in for extra HP, accuracy or attack so you need to keep yourself updated on which armour/weapons you need/want and how many points of what is required by you to wear them.

I dont have any good idea of lower level weapons, but I can recommend the Sakyamuni's light mold sword (210 magic to use) for level 70 which adds +Pdef +Evasion +magic attack. 2mil average, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A lIttle unclear on the heavy armor build...what weapons do we use?

and could anyone put "in English" how do i distribute points plz thx...
    This is what I was afraid of. All this talk about "heavy armor is best" is going to confuse newbies into thinking it's a good way to level.

There is no way to create a heavy armor build for leveling as Fuzzle describes. Unless you're extraordinarily lucky, you will not have enough stat points to raise str, int, and dex to the required levels to wear/wield both the best armor and weapon for your current level.

The build Fuzzle describes is an end-game build, using TT90 armor and weapon which have reduced stat requirements for their level. I think it's also possible to pull it off using TT70 items.

Venos aiming for this build typically level up as a pure-magic caster, then buy restat scrolls to switch at the appropriate level. Some of them do level up as a heavy build, but they either use a lower level weapon or lower level armor. You have to increase your stats according to the armor and weapons you obtain, so there's really no textbook formula you can follow.
  • Gunblaster - Sanctuary
    Gunblaster - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    zombi wrote: »
    Which weapon type is best for the light build? If we use our pets a lot does hp really matter? Or are pets useless in pvp?

watever u can wear i guess, or wateva give u the most mdmg

pets does matter no matter wat...pve or pvp
    get the right pet!! (more like the pet best for the situation)
    for ex. dont get magmite for duels and pvp
    get a sawfly or something with high attack
    and pets are NOT useless in pvp, my sawfly can kill a cleric by itself all i have to do is purge and maybe amp dmg
    GET FLESH REALM!!

also hybird build ownz!!!
    i use heavy plate and light everything else and it works(for pvp)
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    - OK so im a veno lvl 22 right now.. From what Im reading I screwed up???

I got : AT level 22

VIT:15 // STR: 14 // MAQ:71 // DEX:27

Am I totally screwed because i added points to DEX?? tell me im too screwed so i can start a new char .. -.- before i continue b:cry
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)