mihai
mihai Posts: 33 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Venomancer
Venomancer Mage build

Stats
Every alternate levels, add these:
1 vit, 4 int
1 vit, 1 str, 3 int

This should give you enough STR to equip your mage gear, enough con to survive longer than a glass cannon, and enough INT to nuke whichever mob you want to kill.

Equipment
Full mage gear

Stones
Physical defence, magic attack. Or HP stones if you want more survivability

Pet
Golem

Skills
All mage skills, plus all support skills except melee mastery. Do not waste skill points on fox skills like Foxy Drub or HexMist attack. However I would recommend Injure maxed, as well as Banish if you want an edge in PVP

Pros: Fastest solo leveler in the game, until level 70+. After that, second to Archers. Easiest to play. Recommended for level 1-60. Restat after that.
Cons: Very weak against physical attacks, 100% die rate against archer.

Venomancer Light Armor Build

Stats
1 Agi, 1 Str, 3 Int
vit leave at 5

Thus at level 105 you should have
Str 109
Agi 109
Int 317
vit 5

Equipment
Full light armor gear, best mage weapon you can equip.

Stones
HP stones

Pet
Golem or Little Froggy to solo on land. Scorpion (Original lvl2) for PvP. Petite Sawfly in the air.

Skills
ALL OF THEM. It will be impossible of course in the beguining so Mage skills take priority. Around lvl70 you should have all the main Mage skills (except Scorching Swarm and Glacial Swarm, leave at lvl1), Wood Mastery, all Fox skills up to Shadow of the Fox and Injure (not all at the best lvl though), Melee Mastery.

Pros: Good overall defence. Good dodge, helps against melee attacks. Good critical too.
Cons: Really bad or really good for PvP, it depends on how good you are as a player. Every class can own you but you can own every class as well.

Venomancer Heavy Armor Build

WEREFOX STARTING ATTRIBUTE

HP: 60 MP: 60
Melee DMG 4-4 Magic DMG 6-7
Crit% 1% Attack Rate 1.25 Hit Rate 35
Dodge Rate 30 Travel Speed 5.1
Physical DEF 3 Magic DEF 2 to all 5 Elementals ( Metal,Wood,Water,Fire, Earth)

Stat Distribution

1 CON = Max HP +12
6STR = 4 DEF; +5 STR = DEF +1
1 INT = Max MP +12
1 AGI = Accuracy +7, Dodge Rate +6
Level Up Bonus: Max HP +24, Max MP +24

As you can plainly see.
100 Con = +1140 hp ( Dont forget we start with 5 Con , so 100 Con = 95 Con added only )
200 Con = +2340 hp

A level 100 Werefox with 5 Con has around 2436 hp
Formula = 60 + ( 24 x 99 ) = 2436 hp

So a level 100 Werefox with 100 Con has 3576 hp , and a Werefox with 200 con has 4776 hp.

So i taught maybe adding 200 Con is a "super dumb" idea...instead i can skip the extra 100 con....and those Points can be added into Agi and Int.

Also, since upgrading Heavy Armor gains more Hp then upgrading Light or Robe Armors, hence we dont lose out much :)
Why the increase in Dex/Int all the sudden?

Well using deductive reasoning , i came to a conclusion that it might be a wise choice to Sacrifice a little hp and go for more mana, M.Atk , M.Def and Dmg

More int = More mana
More int = More M.Atk , which helps in pet Healing and Spamming of skills
More int = a little extra M.Def
More int = more dmg??? how is this possible...i dont use magic base skills...the answer is simple...more int = able to equip magic swords.

I also increase abit of Dex, ( around 70 or 80 at lvl 100 ) so that i can hit even Archers at around 80% of the time with Fox Form.
Skills: should have all max without the lvl 19, 29, 59 (human form) skills, i forgot the name and was lazy to check the site..
Pets

Land : Lv 60 AquaBarrier Dharma ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , Armor Break , Scream Shock )
Lv 2 Scorpion ( Ripping Bite , 3 extra slots )
Sky : Lv 8 Petite Sawfly ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , 2 extra slots )
Water : Lv 80 Celestial Fish ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , 2 extra slots )
1 Slot free for Pet Mount
IN PVP / TW / PK you need a pet that will rip your opponent apart, a golem cannot do that, but an AquaBarrier can.

Aqua has a very good attack stat gain , by level 80 it will have more attack than a golem.
Aqua cannot be out runned by normal player, hence making it easier for the pet to chase people who run.

PVP Build but mainly a mage

Lvl: 62
Vit: 39
Str: 86
Int: 180
Agi: 20

Weapon: HH60 green mage sword
Armor: mage armor max level, heavy armor depending on str (chest and trousers only, to save inventory space)
Pendant: physical def
Rings: physical attack

Lvl105 stats will be
Str: 155
Vit: 39
Int: 306
Agi: 40
NOTE: finding a guild for adding stats/lvl is damn hard, i might have one but still not the best, anyway here is it: add 1 STR 1 AGI 1 VIT 2 INT until lvl 15, after that, add 1 STR 1 VIT 3 INT until lvl 34, after that add 1 STR and 4 INT, around lvl 50 u'll see that u have enough INT and need more STR, just bring SR to 86 than continue with INT till lvl 62, after lvl 62, add 1 STR 1 AGI 3 INT till lvl 72 than add 1 STR 4 INT, around lv 80-85 u'll see that u have enough INT so bring the STR to 155, than add only INT till lvl 105, don't know after lvl 105, tell me when u reach it :))
Weapon: Ultimate (lvl99 str 44 int 306)
Armor:
Set 1 - gold dragonbreath heavy scale (lvl 52 str132 agi30)
______gold cuisse of the vicious (lvl 61 str 155 agi35)
Set 2 - gold nether massacre's cape (lvl96 str 52 int147)
______gold evil spirit's britches (lvl96 str52 int147)

-cast time items take priority over anything else

Skills: following pure int build, with exception of foxy drub max, divine malefiction (debuff) max, and hexmist lvl2/3
Pet: dodo (for stun)
Skills: bashing (good damage, draw aggro), doodoo(stun), ripping bite, summon storm (cover up for wood weakness)

Strategies:
All cases: change to fox form, debuff, amplify maim

Against melee: pet spam summon storm, i nuke like hell, use pots and intersoul switch to keep hp up. Exception for EA, first thing to do is run up as close to the EA as possible, while instructing the pet to attack simultaneously. If EA continues to run around, pet continues to attack while I continue to follow. If EA stays and hits me at close range, I nuke like hell and use intersoul to keep hp up. Also can use hexmist to lower the EA's accuracy.

Against mages: pet spam bash, I change to fox, spam foxydrub and physical attack. Mages are paper thin against physical attacks, and they spam spells but at int180, my spell resistance is relatively high.

Pros: able to hit the weaknesses of all other classes, wont be paper thin when own weaknesses are attacked by other classes especially EA, best all rounder PVP build in my opinion.
Cons: not pro in any particular field, but then again this build is to attack the weaknesses, not head on 1v1 with same skills with same class.
Major pro: can join some zhen due to being not so paper thin (with mount of course)
Major con: much reduced strength in PVE, slow soloing. still better than most classes though.

Dual ARMOR hybrid build

This Guide Specifically is not centered around using -%req it works fine without it, -%req in some cases promotes a sloppy build but it would make this build better if your lucky enough to find it. It would be the difference of having 40-50 more Vit vs the 6.

LVL 101 Stats Are 297 Int, 177 Strength, 40 Agi, 6 Vit
add like this: lvl 1-35, 1 AGI 1 STR 3 INT lvl 35-105 add 2 STR 3 INT but when u hit 177 STR, stop adding it

Stones
You Equip HP Stones to supplement CON and give you more HP.

How This Build Works
Depending on the Enemy You wear a full Rank 9 heavy and Transform into fox form.
OR you Wear a full rank 12 Robe and fight in human For against magic enemy.
OR you Mix and Match Gear to give you a Balance of Stats Hence Heavy/Robe.

Combinations is What is important Here
1. Full rank 9 armor costume 3497 PDEF, and 1190 MDEF
2. Full Rank 12 Mage costume 507 pdef, 4820 mdef
3. Rank 9 heavy armor shrit and pants, with rank 12 mage wrist bracer and Shoes
2461 Pdef, 2665 Mdef
4. Rank 12 mage shirt and Pants, with a rank 9 warrior wrist bracer and shoes
1573 pdef, 3655 Mdef .

How This Build Differs from the Light Armor Build

Higher Patk
Higher Pdef when transforming into Fox Form.
Higer Pdef while wearing Heavy/Robe
Lower Mdef While Wearing Heavy/Robe
Same Mdef while wearing Robe
IGN: JusT_CooL
Server: Lost City <--- PM with that name if u want sth,
Guild: Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
[SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mihai on

Comments

• kisahmi
    kisahmi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok so the ingame description says that dex adds ranged accuracy. does it also affect melee accuracy? its not clear to me which it is.
  • chip
    chip Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Accuracy applies to everything except SPELLS.
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    con = vit?
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mihai
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yep, con = vit, i'll edit it

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

Stat Distribution

1 VIT = Max HP +12
    1 INT = Max MP +12

Equipment
    Heavy Armor and best mage wep that you can

Ok so how many points do we put into each stat per lvl? can you please use the PWI terms I never played PW-MY. ^^ thank you so much!

I wanted to do more of a Mage build with Heavy armor type deal.
    Very nice guide though, ty so much for posting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • keg
    keg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sikozu wrote: »
    Ok so how many points do we put into each stat per lvl?

I have the same question, as this portion isn't written like the other builds. I don't really understand the stat distribution for the "Heavy Armor" and the "PvP" builds. Could you please break it down by "per level" stat distribution for these two builds like you did with the other builds? And this is and awesome guide, thank you.
  • zumi
    zumi Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    :oWow this is really helpful, thank you ^^
    So i guess Light armour is the best build for new clueless player? lol? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]今の愛 ♥
  • akassa
    akassa Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I was thinking and the light armor style seems good but you'll end up with np hp at all so if you have less def and more hp or more def and much less hp it will end up nearly the same? ~~
    Thara - Level 32 - Venomancer - Lost City Server
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Which weapon type is best for the light build? If we use our pets a lot does hp really matter? Or are pets useless in pvp?
  • chambersmoke
    chambersmoke Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    wands prolly best weapon cause during pvp u can kill mages much ezier if u switch fox bashing and u wanna b able to do it w/o a weapon change or unequip. hp isn't important unless u want to pvp really just remember u can pull hate sometimes
  • chambersmoke
    chambersmoke Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    dont forget about them areas to with alot of mob population to longer u last better chance u can send pet to mob if u got a add or link
  • mihai
    edited September 2008
    Options
    keg wrote: »
    I have the same question, as this portion isn't written like the other builds. I don't really understand the stat distribution for the "Heavy Armor" and the "PvP" builds. Could you please break it down by "per level" stat distribution for these two builds like you did with the other builds? And this is and awesome guide, thank you.

i was a bit busy in the last days so i didn't have time for forum, i'll update the post soon is a have time (already made a guide stats/lvl for PVP Build)

• suicune
    suicune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    ''Scorching Swarm and Glacial Swarm, leave at lvl1'' umm e.e did they change the skill name or sumthing? what are these 2 skills call now O.o? im guessing blazing and frost scarab? sooo confuzzle e.e
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    suicune wrote: »
    ''Scorching Swarm and Glacial Swarm, leave at lvl1'' umm e.e did they change the skill name or sumthing? what are these 2 skills call now O.o? im guessing blazing and frost scarab? sooo confuzzle e.e
    yea... they changed the skill names
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

• suicune
    suicune Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    oh okie thax o.o also it is possible to have a fox form mellee build? if so what stats should i add per lvl o.o what armor should i wear and what wep do i use xD sorry for all the questions but ya i've tried the light armor build and didnt really fit me so though i might try sumthing more like tank
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    erm.. dont veno's maq's need Dex? i ask cause it says Dex gives bigger crit magic rate... :confused:
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    suicune wrote: »
    oh okie thax o.o also it is possible to have a fox form mellee build? if so what stats should i add per lvl o.o what armor should i wear and what wep do i use xD sorry for all the questions but ya i've tried the light armor build and didnt really fit me so though i might try sumthing more like tank
    this Heavy build is damn hard, u need to wear Heavy Armor, always fight in Fox form and the hardest part is to get a guide for adding stats/lvl i think this might be good: 2 STR 1 INT 1 CON 1 AGI if u feel that u have less STR, stop adding INT and go for STR,

• dageloth
    dageloth Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So can someone help me with this: At level 15 what should my stats be if I am going the light armor build? I cannot get it to work out correctly, it seems.

And as for pets, before getting the golem at 17, any pet I should aim for definitely? As of right now, I have a whole slew of pets ranging from level 11-14 I can use but none that strikes me as the be-all end-all of pets to use until I can go after the golem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    dageloth wrote: »
    So can someone help me with this: At level 15 what should my stats be if I am going the light armor build? I cannot get it to work out correctly, it seems.

And as for pets, before getting the golem at 17, any pet I should aim for definitely? As of right now, I have a whole slew of pets ranging from level 11-14 I can use but none that strikes me as the be-all end-all of pets to use until I can go after the golem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
    hmm your DEX should be the same as your STR and it should be your LVL + 4
    so if u're lvl 2 u'll have 6 SR 6 DEX, lvl 10, 14 STR and 14 DEX, lvl 14, 18 STR 18 DEX
    the rest pun on INT
    as for the pet, go and tame a lvl 8 Swafly near Plume City, it's a flying mob, try to find one closer to the ground so u can tame it;)

• dageloth
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks, and for the mage build? I actually went back and realized that was what I was aiming for :o
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thanks, and for the mage build? I actually went back and realized that was what I was aiming for :o

read the Veno Mage build ... it says nice an clearly, however 1 vit 4 INT
    1VIT 1 SRT 3 INT

• dageloth
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yes, I know that. I want to make sure I have done this correctly and so want a benchmark to measure against. Hence why I ask at level 15 what should the stats be for mage build
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yes, I know that. I want to make sure I have done this correctly and so want a benchmark to measure against. Hence why I ask at level 15 what should the stats be for mage build

20 VIT
    12 STR
    68 INT
    and next lvl is: 1 VIT 1 STR 3 INT

• dageloth
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wow, thanks for that. I tried writing it out and get at 15:

Str 12
    Vit 19
    Int 54.

I got that starting at level 2 with a 1/4 then 1/1/3 for 3 and alternating it. What am I doing wrong?

I just really do not want to **** it up again and restart. 3 times is 3 times too many for me :(

Sorry for the newbish questions, just want to make the best veno I can
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Wow, thanks for that. I tried writing it out and get at 15:

Str 12
    Vit 19
    Int 54.

I got that starting at level 2 with a 1/4 then 1/1/3 for 3 and alternating it. What am I doing wrong?

I just really do not want to **** it up again and restart. 3 times is 3 times too many for me :(

Sorry for the newbish questions, just want to make the best veno I can
    well, or u're missing some points. or u added them to DEX and that's wrong..

• dageloth
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Except that I did not add anything into dex, and as for points, unless you get a bonus 14 points, then I cannot see how it works out as 68 into INT. Unless you add in items that boost INT.
    From what I have written down it starts at 5 to start, then 9,12,16,19,23,26,30,33,37,40,44,47,51,54. That is from level 2 to 15 respectively.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Except that I did not add anything into dex, and as for points, unless you get a bonus 14 points, then I cannot see how it works out as 68 into INT. Unless you add in items that boost INT.
    From what I have written down it starts at 5 to start, then 9,12,16,19,23,26,30,33,37,40,44,47,51,54. That is from level 2 to 15 respectively.

sorry , i think i was tired that day.. :o
    for lvl 20:
    75 INT
    24 VIT
    14 STR and next lvl is 1-4
    anyway, an error of 1-2 points won't mean a lot :P
    just be careful to get enough STR so u can wear your items

• phybee
    phybee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    mihai wrote: »

WEREFOX STARTING ATTRIBUTE

HP: 60 MP: 60
    Melee DMG 4-4 Magic DMG 6-7
    Crit% 1% Attack Rate 1.25 Hit Rate 35
    Dodge Rate 30 Travel Speed 5.1
    Physical DEF 3 Magic DEF 2 to all 5 Elementals ( Metal,Wood,Water,Fire, Earth)

Stat Distribution

1 CON = Max HP +12
    1 INT = Max MP +12

As you can plainly see.
    100 Con = +1140 hp ( Dont forget we start with 5 Con , so 100 Con = 95 Con added only )
    200 Con = +2340 hp

A level 100 Werefox with 5 Con has around 2436 hp
    Formula = 60 + ( 24 x 99 ) = 2436 hp

So a level 100 Werefox with 100 Con has 3576 hp , and a Werefox with 200 con has 4776 hp.

So i taught maybe adding 200 Con is a "super dumb" idea...instead i can skip the extra 100 con....and those Points can be added into Agi and Int.

Also, since upgrading Heavy Armor gains more Hp then upgrading Light or Robe Armors, hence we dont lose out much :)
    Why the increase in Dex/Int all the sudden?

Well using deductive reasoning , i came to a conclusion that it might be a wise choice to Sacrifice a little hp and go for more mana, M.Atk , M.Def and Dmg

More int = More mana
    More int = More M.Atk , which helps in pet Healing and Spamming of skills
    More int = a little extra M.Def
    More int = more dmg??? how is this possible...i dont use magic base skills...the answer is simple...more int = able to equip magic swords.

I also increase abit of Dex, ( around 70 or 80 at lvl 100 ) so that i can hit even Archers at around 80% of the time with Fox Form.
    Skills: should have all max without the lvl 19, 29, 59 (human form) skills, i forgot the name and was lazy to check the site..
    Pets

Land : Lv 60 AquaBarrier Dharma ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , Armor Break , Scream Shock )
    Lv 2 Scorpion ( Ripping Bite , 3 extra slots )
    Sky : Lv 8 Petite Sawfly ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , 2 extra slots )
    Water : Lv 80 Celestial Fish ( Ripping Bite , Decelerate , 2 extra slots )
    1 Slot free for Pet Mount
    IN PVP / TW / PK you need a pet that will rip your opponent apart, a golem cannot do that, but an AquaBarrier can.

Aqua has a very good attack stat gain , by level 80 it will have more attack than a golem.
    Aqua cannot be out runned by normal player, hence making it easier for the pet to chase people who run.

im going for heavy armor build but i didnt really understand a thing you said there b:sad
    its not that your guide is not good. lol its just that im slow hehe
    so anyway, can you tell me where should i add my stat points everytime i level?
  • goodolbob
    goodolbob Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've been adding nothing but int and enough str to use items. A.K.A a pure int build, I only have PvE in mind, im aiming for easier gameplay for my first character and the ability to get gold easily, is pure int good for that or should i readjust my stats(by putting a lot of vit/con in the next couple of lvls) my veno is 17 atm(but im lvling it).
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i don't know any1 who used this build and lvl up too much, but there's a lvl 80 veno in MY-EN with this build.... i might ask her one day
    EDIT: talking about heavy :P