Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Options

Comments

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just confimed on the Wizard forum that the experiment would not work because we need skills to use magic weapons (not only stats as with bow).

So, go ahead a reset. LOL
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just confimed on the Wizard forum that the experiment would not work because we need skills to use magic weapons (not only stats as with bow).

So, go ahead a reset. LOL

No amount of palms in the world could satisfy the epic facepalm needed for your "experiment"
    Back.
  • Luisch - Sanctuary
    Luisch - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the info Granrey... I'll try to get the reset scroll. Hmmm nothing yet from Lyndura?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the info Granrey... I'll try to get the reset scroll. Hmmm nothing yet from Lyndura?

I did reset my character yesterday.

I left vit and Maq on 3 each. Dex is about 98 and STR about 128 (I don't recall exactly).

I might be low on Vit but I have to test and see since I have heard other BM posters here leaving their vit on 3 too. If it does not work I will add more vit in the upcoming levels. Otherwise, I will add 10 more on Dex and after add 3 STR and 2 Dex in every level.

I use dual blades/swords.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No amount of palms in the world could satisfy the epic facepalm needed for your "experiment"

LOL, Honestly the fact that our friend is a BM with unregular high amount of points in Mag (I was not asking him to add more in MAG than he already has).

It was an opportunity that I did not want to miss, since I ignore when I would find somebody else with same stats (very unlikely).

Fortunately, we do not need to try it out, since we know the outcome already.

For me to reset it costed me 5 golds. For his case he might need 8 golds at least.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want to thank Lyndura for the great guidance. Now I can build my Polearm BM better. I've made mistake at first built. Now I need to restat my BM. But the problem is the money issue.
    Therefore, what do you think of my BM stats now :

Lvl. 57
    STR = 155
    VIT = 40
    DEX = 64
    MAG = 41
    HP = 2280
    MP = 1377

I have addon attributes from my armors and weapon.
    2* Brow Scythe (1 socket) : Accry +98, Mag +5
    2* Heavy Helm of Xanadu : HP +60, Vit +2
    3* Stoneblood Coat of Plates : Eva +46, pRes +94, Vit +3
    1* Cuisses of the Soul Hunters (1 socket) : Vit +3
    2* Greaves of Lion's Rage (2 sockets) : Str +3, pRes +45
    2* Bracelets of Aries (1 socket) +3 : Mag +3
    1* Hermit's Cape (1 socket) : HP Recvry +5, Vit +4
    1* Poltergeist Ring : Str +2, Vit +2, pAttck +3
    1* Green Silk Necklace : Mag +3, Dex +2, WaterRes +77
    Valentine's Pendent Sweet : Str +1, Dex +1, Vit +1, Mag +1, Exp +2, Exp +2

I want to make my BM a PVP-able, good in grinding. Or maybe later join a TW faction. Usually when grinding, I have problems with the Mag attack, so I must get close to the mobs. So, can't use Farstrike. I use Draw Blood and normal attack.
    What should i do to make it better? Thanks in advance.

At level 57 your stats should look the next way:

STR - 145
    DEX - 61 (at least)
    VIT - 33 (at least)
    MAG - 5

This leaves you with 56 free stat points to place as you want.

Now, if we compare it to your current stats:

STR- You have 10 more than necessary.
    VIT - It is good. 6 more than the minimum.
    DEX - It is good. 3 more than the mininum.
    MAG - Very bad. 36 more than the minimum.

What you need to do is to buy a restat scroll (50 points) and you will get your MAG to 3, then your stats will look the next way:

STR - 155
    VIT - 40
    DEX - 64
    MAG - 3

Free stat points: 36

You already have 10 points more than necessary in STR, so you are ok up to level 61, don't add any single point until you're level 62, then you will continue with the normal build: 3 STR on even levels, 2 STR on odd levels.

So you have 56 points to use as you please until you reach level 62. Now you can have more DEX or more VIT, depending on what you're looking for.

@Ganrey: Don't give suggestions if you don't know what you are talking about. You will only confuse and give wrong information to new players.

Also, don't double post. You can just edit your last one.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options

@Ganrey: Don't give suggestions if you don't know what you are talking about. You will only confuse and give wrong information to new players.

I don't see anything wrong with suggestions depending on what is the suggestion about, but since you are the third who actually saw it wrong. It for sure means that I did not explain my intention the best way.

However, I'm quite confident he understood my intentions.

I do admit that I know nothing compared to all of you since I'm new on this game and any other MMORG*. I try to be carefull in what I suggest in case I do.

*I have played other games but I cannot mention since it's againts the rules here.
  • logitechs
    logitechs Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with suggestions depending on what is the suggestion about, but since you are the third who actually saw it wrong. It for sure means that I did not explain my intention the best way.

However, I'm quite confident he understood my intentions.

I do admit that I know nothing compared to all of you since I'm new on this game and any other MMORG*. I try to be carefull in what I suggest in case I do.

*I have played other games but I cannot mention since it's againts the rules here.
    lol go get yourself a Requiem Blade and start nuking barbs.
    Waiting for Harshlands to open.
  • Luisch - Sanctuary
    Luisch - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

STR - 145
    DEX - 61 (at least)
    VIT - 33 (at least)
    MAG - 5

This leaves you with 56 free stat points to place as you want.

Now, if we compare it to your current stats:

STR- You have 10 more than necessary.
    VIT - It is good. 6 more than the minimum.
    DEX - It is good. 3 more than the mininum.
    MAG - Very bad. 36 more than the minimum.

What you need to do is to buy a restat scroll (50 points) and you will get your MAG to 3, then your stats will look the next way:

STR - 155
    VIT - 40
    DEX - 64
    MAG - 3

Free stat points: 36

You already have 10 points more than necessary in STR, so you are ok up to level 61, don't add any single point until you're level 62, then you will continue with the normal build: 3 STR on even levels, 2 STR on odd levels.

So you have 56 points to use as you please until you reach level 62. Now you can have more DEX or more VIT, depending on what you're looking for.

Thanks alot for your suggestions. I'll try to get the restat 50 points scroll. But if i change my Mag to 3, then my mp will drop alot, right? So, i'll run out of MP fast if I want to use skills alot. Or will it drop not too much? I don't quite know whether each lvl we get how many hp and mp up. But I'll try as your suggestions. More Vit and Dex.

Thanks again for your suggestions, Lyn.b:victoryb:thanks
  • Aeoden - Heavens Tear
    Aeoden - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It is possible to use two/three weapons, but I don't suggest it since you won't be able to max all your skills due to the lack of SP, and you will be poor due to the lack of money, making your performance as Blademaster to be lower, so I suggest you to focus into one path first, then at later levels (80+) you can start using another path if you feel like it.

Lvl 78 BM, axes, sword, dual blades, polehammer, spear, fists...

I've seen no lack of SP, I have no lack of money....and my performance is certainly not lower.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lvl 78 BM, axes, sword, dual blades, polehammer, spear, fists...

I've seen no lack of SP, I have no lack of money....and my performance is certainly not lower.

Lack of SP is just for low levels. It stops at around level 6x~7x, and you have plenty of it by low 8x.

Money depends on the person, but if you go with multiple paths you will have less money than most BM's of your level using just one weapon. Unless of course, you're one of those people who spend hundreds-thousands of dollars in the game.

You can't have all your skills maxed at level 78, so your performance is lower.

EDIT:

Actually, I'll reword it:

Your performance is lower at PvP or in a PvP server. When it comes to PvE almost anything works.
  • Aeoden - Heavens Tear
    Aeoden - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Lack of SP is just for low levels. It stops at around level 6x~7x, and you have plenty of it by low 8x.

Money depends on the person, but if you go with multiple paths you will have less money than most BM's of your level using just one weapon. Unless of course, you're one of those people who spend hundreds-thousands of dollars in the game.

You can't have all your skills maxed at level 78, so your performance is lower.

EDIT:

Actually, I'll reword it:

Your performance is lower at PvP or in a PvP server. When it comes to PvE almost anything works.

I take it then theres some sort of hate here towards cash shoppers .... b:surrender

As for pvp, i dont play on a pvp server, but in duels and in PK i found having a range of weapons with their certain skills is extremely useful against different classes and builds. Sticking to one weapon in pvp as a BM, leaves you weak to all sorts of things.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I take it then theres some sort of hate here towards cash shoppers .... b:surrender

As for pvp, i dont play on a pvp server, but in duels and in PK i found having a range of weapons with their certain skills is extremely useful against different classes and builds. Sticking to one weapon in pvp as a BM, leaves you weak to all sorts of things.

Why would I hate cash shoppers?

I know that in order to be sucessful you need the best equipment, your skills maxed and be skilled playing your class.

Which can't be done without spending money in this game (or spending a lot of your time farming stuff in game).

But you're already level 78, almost 80. As I said, it is good to start using different weapons at high 7x or low 8x.

But using different weapons before that doesn't really gives you an advantage against different classes. Axe/Spear/Sword perform at PvP good by themselves at low-mid levels.

Once the skills start to get maxed (around high 7x, low 8x) you slowly start to see a difference when using different weapons. But it is not really noticeable until you get Heaven/Hell skills with different effects (or level 9x).

At 9x you start using 2~5 weapons at PvP, and then is when the true Blademaster class appears.

If you were in the PvP server you would stick to one weapon, more likely Axes because of Berserker.

Duels are easy because you don't have to make an strategy to pass the opponent's charm.
  • viralko
    viralko Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm a level 29 polearm BM, relatively new to the game and I've been following your guide, it has helped me alot.

But question here, I noticed that you don't mention other mastery's beside the Axe and hammer one, you forgot to add them or is it implied that you should max them already?

Also, at my current level I have 47 vit and 33 dex, is this fine or should I add more dex?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    viralko wrote: »
    I'm a level 29 polearm BM, relatively new to the game and I've been following your guide, it has helped me alot.

But question here, I noticed that you don't mention other mastery's beside the Axe and hammer one, you forgot to add them or is it implied that you should max them already?

Also, at my current level I have 47 vit and 33 dex, is this fine or should I add more dex?

Oh, didn't noticed.

I added them the first time, but there is an error on the forums when you edit big posts, that sometimes it deletes almost the whole post, so I had to re-write it and I forgot to add them on the second time. I'll add them in a bit, thanks :)

But yeah, you should max your weapon mastery.

And for your build, it is ok. You have the minum amount of DEX required, so you can choose to stay with it or maybe add a little more.
  • cueman
    cueman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    dude i'm planning to do every two lvls 5 str 3 vit 2 dex, is it ok? or you suggest something else?

and how you fill in your stats?
  • Blazespark - Sanctuary
    Blazespark - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yes...it seem i have made a mistake on my attributes 26 maq :(( could anyone tell me how i can restart my stats? like which scrolls should i buy to decrease my maq?
  • jerry212
    jerry212 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    As far as hand not being that good in PVP I've personnel find them great aginst wiz and clerics if you get close fast the hit rate with high crite rate owns them, they usally get 2 spells off before i kill them if you use your spells aginst they can get you though, realy bad side if do build right you use light armor, not enough str for heavy, for mobs I find them average at best. difently one v one only Thaks for the gide Ill stick with hand i like the hit rate to much.
  • cyclonal
    cyclonal Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Great Guide, I'm currently downloading this game, I haven't played it yet, but have learned quite a bit from this guide.
  • captnlucas
    captnlucas Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ok im gonna follow the axe bm build the one that add vital as the free points for pve. i dont quiet understand the stat distribution.
    lvl2:3str 1dex 1vit
    lvl3:3str 2vit
    lvl4:3str 1dex 1vit
    lvl5:3str 2vit
    is this right???
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    captnlucas wrote: »
    ok im gonna follow the axe bm build the one that add vital as the free points for pve. i dont quiet understand the stat distribution.
    lvl2:3str 1dex 1vit
    lvl3:3str 2vit
    lvl4:3str 1dex 1vit
    lvl5:3str 2vit
    is this right???

Yes, correct.
  • foodlover
    foodlover Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi Lyndura

I am new to PW and i am planning to create a spear WR but i am confuse on the Vit adding part as after reading through the forum it seem many ppl cap Vit at 50 is tat so ? So like after vit hits 50 i jus need to pump Str and Dex ?

But i wana try this build of for every 2 levels i add 5 Str, 2 Dex and 3 Vit all the way to maybe lev 80+ ( if i ever get there hehe ) as i think to me HP is very important, will this be a good way to go? Or should i jus play save and add for every 2 levels 5 Str, 3 Dex and 2 Vit ?

If it's possible i would be greatful and thankful if u can tell me yr stats if not jus yr vit point will do thx cause i jus need to be sure tat i will not regret adding over 50+ Vit =)

Thank You
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Required stats every two levels: 5 STR | 2 DEX
    Free stat points left: 3

Suggested stat to add the left points (PvE): VIT
    Suggested stat to add the left points (PvP): VIT and DEX
    Suggested stat to add the left points (TW): VIT

One question... Why isnt it suggested to put some of these free stats for more strenght?
    *Semi retired*
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    str doesn't add much damage is why, and vit adds same def as str does
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    str doesn't add much damage is why, and vit adds same def as str does

Silly question from me:

If vit add same deff as STR does. Then you should be better adding STR, since STR also adds attack while vit does not. Right?

I think vit helps in other defence properties which I ignore.

This is a tread about formulas:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214921
  • Nautie - Sanctuary
    Nautie - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello Lyandur.. first of all very nice guide. done reading most of it and its great. very nice.

Only got one question which bother me atm. i started out using alot of spirit on the first spell u get from start. and also the first spell which u use with CHI i have maxed. i can now see at lvl 24 i am in the need of spirit alot... will this be a problem for me all the way too lvl 80 because i bought all the spells from start?? (didnt see, it cost spirit from start) :(

thanks
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    foodlover wrote: »
    Hi Lyndura

I am new to PW and i am planning to create a spear WR but i am confuse on the Vit adding part as after reading through the forum it seem many ppl cap Vit at 50 is tat so ? So like after vit hits 50 i jus need to pump Str and Dex ?

But i wana try this build of for every 2 levels i add 5 Str, 2 Dex and 3 Vit all the way to maybe lev 80+ ( if i ever get there hehe ) as i think to me HP is very important, will this be a good way to go? Or should i jus play save and add for every 2 levels 5 Str, 3 Dex and 2 Vit ?

If it's possible i would be greatful and thankful if u can tell me yr stats if not jus yr vit point will do thx cause i jus need to be sure tat i will not regret adding over 50+ Vit =)

Thank You

50 base VIT is a nice amount to have because it is not too much and it is not too little.

The reason of this is because the higher level you get, the more you start using shards and refining your equipment, which gives you a very nice boost in your HP, making the points you have in VIT seem like a waste.

You start seeing this around level 5x-6x, that is why 50 VIT is good, because at those levels you can choose if you want to keep that amount or keep adding VIT, depending on what you're looking for.

At level 90 the amount of 50 VIT is good enough to have because of the HH90 Armor, if you refine it to a decent level of course. At level 99 with HH99 Gold armor, it is even possible to get your VIT to 3 and have no problems at all.

You will find your answer the higher level you get.
    One question... Why isnt it suggested to put some of these free stats for more strenght?

STR is only good when you add A LOT of it. Since requirement STR is already good enough for your level, it is better adding them into VIT or DEX.

For example, an Axe user needs 272 STR to use the weapon at level 90, that leaves only 178 points to be used, 43 are used into DEX for requirement. That leaves 135 free stat points.

Unless you add 100+ STR, you're not really going to see any considerable change into your damage. And that would leave very little points to use into VIT/DEX.

Reasons for this is because STR adds a very little amount of physical attack, and we rely more on weapon effects (like Berserker) and Criticals to kill our opponents (and refining weapon of course).

DEX and VIT gives much better benefits than adding just some more points into STR (less than 50).

Of course, there is a build that uses almost full STR with very little/base VIT (with a lot of refining) and minimal DEX (which + Accuracy equipment/shards). But it is only used at very high levels and it is rare because usually Berserker and criticals make it up for the damage.
    Silly question from me:

If vit add same deff as STR does. Then you should be better adding STR, since STR also adds attack while vit does not. Right?

I think vit helps in other defence properties which I ignore.

This is a tread about formulas:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214921

VIT adds HP while STR doesn't.
    Hello Lyandur.. first of all very nice guide. done reading most of it and its great. very nice.

Only got one question which bother me atm. i started out using alot of spirit on the first spell u get from start. and also the first spell which u use with CHI i have maxed. i can now see at lvl 24 i am in the need of spirit alot... will this be a problem for me all the way too lvl 80 because i bought all the spells from start?? (didnt see, it cost spirit from start) :(

thanks

Well, you're going to feel this lack of SP for a while (it is normal at the low levels), but the higher level you get the less you will have to worry about it.

Also, the first skills use very little SP, which in the future won't really affect you.

So for now just levels the skills that you consider are a MUST, and level the others when you get enough SP for them.
  • Jasili - Heavens Tear
    Jasili - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks Lyndura for nice guid.

I wanna just ask, the best wep for BM is then Axe, this is the best for pve and pvp...?

I like swords, so now I need take Axes not Swords...

Axes is many different then Swords?

Thanks.
    b:shocked
  • Moodyflame - Harshlands
    Moodyflame - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Great Guide, really helpedb:pleased

Btw, i'm new to Blademasters and i was wondering, should i choose PoleArm or Axe? But i love Polearms, although i heard Axe's are better
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    polearms are fine :P

axes are better for aoe grinding, but I still like my polearm better