Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Lyn, can you make a video showcasing your Pole BM? Some PvP/PvE would be nice, havent seen a good pole video yet :)

Um, I don't know how to make a video xD

If someone teaches me I will try to make one.
  • g972
    g972 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To create a video, there's a few things you need. First, a program to record, Fraps is the most common program for recording PC game videos. You'd have to torrent it to make anything decent, or pay for it if you really don't like pirated software. The more important thing is a decent computer. Running fraps with a game if you have a bad/mediocre computer will not give you a watchable FPS. If you have a good video card and 1.5-2+ GB RAM then you should be ok.

After you get Fraps or a similar program, you just record a video. The video you make will be uncompressed and will take MASSIVE space on your HDD. For this, you need a program such as VirtualDub to compress your video into a reasonable size, 100-200+ MB depending on the length, and then you can upload it somewhere. If you really feel like doing all this, I can go into more detail about it if you want.
  • xingl
    xingl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm now level 50, and using the quest twin swords at the moment.
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hi Lyn, could u mind telling at which amt u cap ur VIT?
    i m a 71bm, with 55VIT atm.
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • g972
    g972 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Your vit should depend on how rich you are and what your gear is at. Are you looking for PvP or PvE? For PvP, 55 vit is an ok cap depending on your gears. If you are very rich then later on you can even restat and make it lower because HH90 armors give huge amount of vit and you can have high + armor and high grade shards. If you are very poor, you might add some more. If for PvE, you can keep adding small amount of vit every few levels.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    g972 wrote: »
    To create a video, there's a few things you need. First, a program to record, Fraps is the most common program for recording PC game videos. You'd have to torrent it to make anything decent, or pay for it if you really don't like pirated software. The more important thing is a decent computer. Running fraps with a game if you have a bad/mediocre computer will not give you a watchable FPS. If you have a good video card and 1.5-2+ GB RAM then you should be ok.

After you get Fraps or a similar program, you just record a video. The video you make will be uncompressed and will take MASSIVE space on your HDD. For this, you need a program such as VirtualDub to compress your video into a reasonable size, 100-200+ MB depending on the length, and then you can upload it somewhere. If you really feel like doing all this, I can go into more detail about it if you want.

Omg, that is a lot to do.

So:

1.- Good computer.
    2.- Get "Fraps".
    3.- Record the video.
    4.- Massive space on HDD.
    5.- Uploading it.

@.@...I'm back to college so I don't have as much time as before, so once I'm free I'll give it a try.

mecurial wrote: »
    Hi Lyn, could u mind telling at which amt u cap ur VIT?
    i m a 71bm, with 55VIT atm.

Well, your base VIT depends on your equipment.

For your level, 4~4.5k is a decent amount of HP to have. At level 79~80 around 5~6k HP is good, etc.
    xingl wrote: »
    I'm now level 50, and using the quest twin swords at the moment.

For Swords Evolved Vipons are good.
  • mettiidore
    mettiidore Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well im only lv 20 bm, right now im using a falchion (i think it looks cool, but i still think they're good). But i don't see anyone using one handed weapons, only hammers, axes and dual swords. Is going one handed a good idea? I don't like dual swords... they look ugly. I also think one handed swords might do about the same damage as dual hammers (another weapon im thinking about using)over time, because it is 0.3 seconds(respectively) faster than hammers per second, or would the greater damage that dual hammers deal each hit, 'cancel' out the extra hits that one handed swords would do. What weapon should I choose? sword or hammer?
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hmm...u don't tell me ur vit ?b:sad
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    mettiidore wrote: »
    Well im only lv 20 bm, right now im using a falchion (i think it looks cool, but i still think they're good). But i don't see anyone using one handed weapons, only hammers, axes and dual swords. Is going one handed a good idea? I don't like dual swords... they look ugly. I also think one handed swords might do about the same damage as dual hammers (another weapon im thinking about using)over time, because it is 0.3 seconds(respectively) faster than hammers per second, or would the greater damage that dual hammers deal each hit, 'cancel' out the extra hits that one handed swords would do. What weapon should I choose? sword or hammer?

Well, first you have to choose a weapon path, there're four: Axe/Hammer, Polearm, Sword/Blade and Fist.

Each one of this paths have different options of weapon to use. Usually for low levels you use the one you like more or the one that suits your playing style the most.

For example, if you like you grind with just normal attacks and maybe and skill here and there, then a weapon with high attack speed might suit you better.

While if you focus into using skills like PvP/AoE trainning, then the weapon with the most damage will be better, and those are more likely going to have the lowest speed.
    mecurial wrote: »
    hmm...u don't tell me ur vit ?b:sad

Nope :P
  • advancezero
    advancezero Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    For the holding spot. What I would like to see is some equipment/items to equip/use with different builds. And why.

This guide is great by the way and thanks.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Can't seem to edit my post. Oh well...Anyways I was wondering if by chance you; or someone else could post what each BM builds role is in a party. Or just in general. I know BM is not main tank. That falls onto the Barbs... Just trying to get a good feel of the game.

Thanks.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meonlyme - Sanctuary
    Meonlyme - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    cool quide, it helped me a lot, thx!!!!!
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    For the holding spot. What I would like to see is some equipment/items to equip/use with different builds. And why.

This guide is great by the way and thanks.

What do you mean?
    Can't seem to edit my post. Oh well...Anyways I was wondering if by chance you; or someone else could post what each BM builds role is in a party. Or just in general. I know BM is not main tank. That falls onto the Barbs... Just trying to get a good feel of the game.

Thanks.

You can be a second tank, maybe the main tank if there is no Barb. You're a physical damage dealer, stunner...

You are mainly a damage dealer/stunner.
  • tactk
    tactk Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ahh btw when do you reckon we should learn our mastery skill? as soon as we get them? or not till later levels?
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    tactk wrote: »
    Ahh btw when do you reckon we should learn our mastery skill? as soon as we get them? or not till later levels?

as soon as possible.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • galakrond
    galakrond Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there any way to un-learn a skill? By mistake I learned Mage Bane and I'm a n Axe Blademaster.
    Sometimes the morning seems dark as the unknown.
    Night seems without ending as a road.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    galakrond wrote: »
    Is there any way to un-learn a skill? By mistake I learned Mage Bane and I'm a n Axe Blademaster.

No.

Just don't level it again.
  • shakaboom
    shakaboom Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    im at 63 right now,and sword user

i cannt Aoe Training with sword, most of priest like to do that with axe BM
    i need suggest , should i use axe and learn some skill n some axe mastery maybe at least level 3 to do AoE training as my secondary or keep my sword path.. i like sword for that attack speed n cool

if i can do that , what skill n how many level i can take for eficiency
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    shakaboom wrote: »
    im at 63 right now,and sword user

i cannt Aoe Training with sword, most of priest like to do that with axe BM
    i need suggest , should i use axe and learn some skill n some axe mastery maybe at least level 3 to do AoE training as my secondary or keep my sword path.. i like sword for that attack speed n cool

if i can do that , what skill n how many level i can take for eficiency

This is my personal opinion. If you are using single blade and in a pve server, I think it's ok for you to lvl some axe skills. The reason being single blades don't need much skillls, you can kill with just normal attack and spark. Second you don't need to defend youself in pve server, so high skill damage isn't really that important. I can't answer your second question because I have no experience in aoe training.
  • shakaboom
    edited January 2009
    what the mean of pve server? is it only pve?

im in common server, pve n pvp, all i think about i should use axe as my secondary is more for aoe training for faster leveling only in case i need to do AoE..thats all. i like my sword path anyway

so is it a good idea to take some skill of axe for that reason and yes for consequence i must spend more money for skill or not worthed?
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    "PvE server" refers to Heaven's Tear or Sanctuary. PvE servers have optional PK mode. The PvP server, Lost City, has mandatory PK mode after level 30.
  • shakaboom
    edited January 2009
    hmm.. so i play in pvp server that has pk mode at level 30
  • Stavesacre - Lost City
    Stavesacre - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im a lvl 22 cleric, but they are boring.
    So im thinking of making myself a "tanked" blademaster, and this is helpful.
    thanks for this.
  • Hellroy - Sanctuary
    Hellroy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I was thinking about a massive damage support BM, so dependant on a tanker. No stats on VIT, all on STR/DEX. Every lvl 4 Str and 1 DEX. If I miss a lot pump some more in dex.. I'll see how it plays.
  • Pkgiri - Lost City
    Pkgiri - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hi, i have got 11 points on magic, and as i read in this topic it not that clever to speds your points at magic if u r blademaster. What should or can i do?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Hi, i have got 11 points on magic, and as i read in this topic it not that clever to speds your points at magic if u r blademaster. What should or can i do?

Stop adding, keep leveling and when you get to a decent level with good amount of money, buy a restat and get your MAG down to 3.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pkgiri - If I was you I would just start over. Level 17 is easy to get up too.

Thanks Lyn for letting me know what my role is in a party.

And what I meant about equipment was...what type of gems to put in my armor and weapons. HP +, atk+, def+, etc.....at what levels....for each type of build....

Hope that clarifies what I was trying to say earlier.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Pkgiri - If I was you I would just start over. Level 17 is easy to get up too.

Thanks Lyn for letting me know what my role is in a party.

And what I meant about equipment was...what type of gems to put in my armor and weapons. HP +, atk+, def+, etc.....at what levels....for each type of build....

Hope that clarifies what I was trying to say earlier.

Well, it comes down to your weapon and build/playing style. But overall I suggest:

Armor - HP Shards.
    Weapon - Accuracy or Accuracy+Physical Attack for Axes, Physical Attack for all the others.
    Helmet - HP Shards.
    Robe - HP Shards, Evasion if your build focus on evasion.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Alternatively you can use Garnet or Saphire shards at level 80+ when refining becomes more rewarding.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Alternatively you can use Garnet or Saphire shards at level 80+ when refining becomes more rewarding.

Only with HH80 Gold set, HH90 Green set or HH99 Gold Set.

But using them comes down more to the playing style of the player and build/money, and by those levels I think they can already choose by their own :P