Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xarfox, dont forget my questions D:
    Back.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Are they available in FBs/TTs/TWs?

Yes they should be available in all of the above situations.

Regarding the other questions asked, answers are coming. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    One more, how rare are they? Like do you have to be in the top of the line guild to get one? Or is it random? Or, do you gotta do some crazy **** quest?

Damn you GMs and your secrecy!
    Back.
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    sooooooooo that means my ★Bacon★(all class whingwalking piggie) b:quiet can atk with me soon?b:cool

(pfft keep ur knife or swrd aways from my bacon b:beg)
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    sooooooooo that means my ★Bacon★(all class whingwalking piggie) b:quiet can atk with me soon?b:cool

(pfft keep ur knife or swrd aways from my bacon b:beg)

no, it means that we get genies, they are separate from all class pets
    lol, nice name.
    Back.
  • demonskys
    demonskys Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Love the idea its perfect thanks GMs
  • bulgaria123
    bulgaria123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How typical only venomencer complai about this expasion. More no fair be only on PVP server but good luck on ppl who play on him
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I really don't know if I like this new game feature or not.

Will have to wait and see it's impact in game before making any comment I guess....

I only hope higher level chars won't have to raise them from level 1....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • bulgaria123
    bulgaria123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    blanche i know you like this game so you gonna be like him and afther expasion to,and dont forgot evrything what get here have on my-en to(except the lagg) b:chuckle
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lo and behold! Proof of what I posted yesterday in another topic. The pvp players start it all with their ****. More proof of their lack of intelligence.b:laugh

Venos overpowered huh? I play every single class and have all of them to a decent level. I see nothing overpowered about anyone.

On topic here, this looks like it may be interesting to play around with once its added here. The rest of my questions have already been asked so I'll sit back and wait for now.

The sooner your realize everyone on these forums thinks you're a complete idiot, the sooner you get to stop making a fool of yourself with your "I know everything" posts.

PS - You do not have decent level everything. 60+ is "decent". And even then you don't have the full range of abilities on all the classes. GG.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    The sooner your realize everyone on these forums thinks you're a complete idiot, the sooner you get to stop making a fool of yourself with your "I know everything" posts.

PS - You do not have decent level everything. 60+ is "decent". And even then you don't have the full range of abilities on all the classes. GG.

You just proved I know more than YOU.b:laugh

Explain if you can, all the forum pms I get asking for help then?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Eagle - Harshlands
    Eagle - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Genies do not directly participate in combat, and hence, do not take damage.

WAIT A MINUTE If they don't participate in combat, why do they have attack skills?

This may have been answered, but Im too lazy/don't have time to scour 8 PAGES of posts.b:surrender
    You can never escape me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    no, it means that we get genies, they are separate from all class pets
    lol, nice name.

so it means we have to tame it or wat ever to get it n lvl them like veno pets?
    btw thx b:chuckle
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    so it means we have to tame it or wat ever to get it n lvl them like veno pets?
    btw thx b:chuckle

im guessing, but no official word yet.
    Back.
  • dragnbabe
    dragnbabe Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I know this question's been asked about 6 times, but I still haven't gotten an answer:
    Will this be available to venomancers / will dual summon be available?
    thanks in advance if there's an answer...b:victory
    edited March 2009
    dragnbabe wrote: »
    I know this question's been asked about 6 times, but I still haven't gotten an answer:

if they can dual summon then we need a skillz to summon Gm to fight with us on pk or duel b:shocked
  • xarfox
    edited March 2009
    dragnbabe wrote: »

Yes Genies should be available to Venomancers even when their pets are summoned. (Will confirm this statement within 24 hours.)

On a side note, please calm down with the flames folks. Take your personal gripes to PMs. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Damn, venos with 2 pets xD
    Now who wouldn't mind having a spare DD in a TT/FB?
    Back.
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes Genies should be available to Venomancers even when their pets are summoned. (Will confirm this statement within 24 hours.)

On a side note, please calm down with the flames folks. Take your personal gripes to PMs. :)

I hope they look more like the fairies you get at lvl 89+. The idea of something similar to that Baby Fire Fairy Pet thinger hanging about me seems... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
    edited March 2009

u know we cant pm to the ppl that r not in the same sever b:cold
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It sounds to me like genies are just a way for players to access a new set of skills that are available across classes. This makes sense since ESO has something similar. Having some shared skills really means less work for the developers since you dont have to tailor-make new skills for every class.

Does element affinity have any effect on genie skills outside of meeting the skill requirements?
    Are any of these skills coming from that skill wishlist thread we had in suggestions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Bleed is op because its a damage over time and, because of pet range, can be casted on someone without coming into range of attacks. Why should one class be able to deal massive damage from getting only one hit on an opponent and running away? We would all prefer a flesh ream fix but if we cant have that an all class purify is the next best thing. This skill would be great and would separate the pro wf from the nubs who kite around till bleed kills people. Remember u still get the first bleed tick and phoenix attack power so now it will be more about skill than sending pet to bleed and running in circles till they die.

I would suggest to the gms that u implement this genie system for a trial period of a few weeks to a month so we can get used to it see the problems and how it effects normal pvp. Then remove it and make necessary changes.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hmm.. wouldnt this sorta unbalance the classes? I dont think it is a good idea..I think now ppl or going to complain that this game is only going to be about ppl who has the most powerful genies or somethign.. but who knows i may be wrong. i guess only time will tell.
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ...Awesome, let's let melee classes have magic atks. If these things do more dmg than our own skills AND let melee classes do just as much magic dmg as anyone else....that's dumb. Giving archers buffs and more metal atks, AND metal atk based off atk rate...REALLY!? I hope the buffs suck or archers will end up **** even more, especially with bleed ticking only once due to blood clot (even if it stays broken, that's still about as much as getting bashed and normal atked after).

If flesh ream doesn't get fixed b4 this happens, I will chuck a plate.
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    Arodnur - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ...Awesome, let's let melee classes have magic atks. If these things do more dmg than our own skills AND let melee classes do just as much magic dmg as anyone else....that's dumb. Giving archers buffs and more metal atks, AND metal atk based off atk rate...REALLY!? I hope the buffs suck or archers will end up **** even more, especially with bleed ticking only once due to blood clot (even if it stays broken, that's still about as much as getting bashed and normal atked after).

If flesh ream doesn't get fixed b4 this happens, I will chuck a plate.

Someone call this guy's mom and tell her to hide the good china. I smell a tantrum coming.
    Rundora
  • xarfox
    edited March 2009
    Having some shared skills really means less work for the developers since you dont have to tailor-make new skills for every class.

Actually there are some Genie skills that are specific to one or two classes.
    I would suggest to the gms that u implement this genie system for a trial period of a few weeks to a month so we can get used to it see the problems and how it effects normal pvp. Then remove it and make necessary changes.

This system is currently undergoing testing in China and a large number of balancing changes have already been made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathnote - Harshlands
    Deathnote - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Actually there are some Genie skills that are specific to one or two classes.

This system is currently undergoing testing in China and a large number of balancing changes have already been made.

Would this mean.. people who dont use the genie will be useless in pvp?
    Bringing fear and widespread random deaths into the Harshlands, that is my goal..

IGN: Shinigamii, WR

Death Note Rule #18
    A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
  • Biased - Lost City
    Biased - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol. the genius re-run? please child, go boohoo some more. I have news for you, bleed or no bleed, venomancers are still going to get you. and so is every other class from time to time...except maybe barbarians. and when your precious cries about bleed are no longer valid and you still keep dying because maybe you just aren't that good to begin with...then what will you do? become even more hostile and even more arrogant, and demand that everyone lay down their lives so you can feel better about yourself? oh god the gigglefits.

No venos on lost city know how to play there class. They send phoenix and run while the bleed kills there opponent. Taking this away will require some skill to play there class.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah buffing archers for extra attack is pretty op and this is coming from an archer.

If you do implement this give it a long cooldown and short effect. Also give blood clot a short cooldown so you can use it every time a pet bleeds you rather than the person kiting around then bleeding u again.

Side-note what will genies look like? And can you make it so that you 89 fairy combines with genie be nice if my fairy did something other than look cool and dont really want summin else following me around
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
This discussion has been closed.