Expansion Preview - Genie System

Options

Comments

• Wing_Goddess - Lost City
    Wing_Goddess - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    haha Phoenixes will be stopped now with Blood Clot ^^ (maybe)
  • PanaBella - Heavens Tear
    PanaBella - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There are times when I wonder if the GMs even give a **** about the balance in this game.

Well.... Maybe, Maybe someday you will realize that the balance depends not on the GMs will.
    Its the developers, who are responsible for this issue...

*waves a big "It's not the GMs' fault" sign

*eagerly waits fore more infos befor judging*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    when is the new expansion supposed to be launched? and, will this include more of the pets and things that are in the oriental versions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are these genie skills active abilities or passive abilities?
    Do genies start off with a base affinity / skills or do genies all start the same?
    What level is this new content targeted at? (the last expansion added content at 70+)
    Is it possible to maximize all affinities for a genie (such as normal skills) or are affinity points limited by level (such as stats)?
    Is it possible to reset affinity levels?
    What is the maximum number of genies you can have? How easy is it to swap between genies? (I'm assuming this is similar to pets)

You mention "equipment slots". What kind of equipment will go in these slot? What are the effects of the equipment on the genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    Arodnur - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

You're pathetic.

Carebear server and a Venomancer, twice as much reason for me to totally ignore your opinion.
    Rundora
  • Foxdarkveno - Sanctuary
    Foxdarkveno - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    yay, fun for my other chars. i love pets and kept switching to venos to have battle pets

i have a suggestion, the other all class pets should get buffs to give to u. nothing major just mabe like a little more resistance or something.

THX GMS I LOVE U ALLb:kiss
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Carebear server and a Venomancer, twice as much reason for me to totally ignore your opinion.

Going to ignore someone's opinion because you have hate for the class they play? No anger towards GM's here from me, I'm well aware you're not responsible for any of these things, and I'm going to hold my tongue until more details are released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Biased - Lost City
    Biased - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

You're pathetic.

How exactly is he pathetic?
    Going to ignore someone's opinion because you have hate for the class they play?

The class they play is over powered and is given unfair advantages.
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Going to ignore someone's opinion because you have hate for the class they play? No anger towards GM's here from me, I'm well aware you're not responsible for any of these things, and I'm going to hold my tongue until more details are released.

Yes, I'm going to ignore a venomancer when they call it pathetic to want their overpowered class to be balanced. Surprise.
    Well.... Maybe, Maybe someday you will realize that the balance depends not on the GMs will.
    Its the developers, who are responsible for this issue...

*waves a big "It's not the GMs' fault" sign

*eagerly waits fore more infos befor judging*

There was a post (once) in a phoenix-related thread to say some vague thing like "its going to be looked into" and never commented on it again.
    Rundora
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Lo and behold! Proof of what I posted yesterday in another topic. The pvp players start it all with their ****. More proof of their lack of intelligence.b:laugh

Venos overpowered huh? I play every single class and have all of them to a decent level. I see nothing overpowered about anyone.

On topic here, this looks like it may be interesting to play around with once its added here. The rest of my questions have already been asked so I'll sit back and wait for now.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • True - Harshlands
    True - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes, I'm going to ignore a venomancer when they call it pathetic to want their overpowered class to be balanced. Surprise.

lol...typical boohoo. nothing against balance here, but your arrogance is astounding. look at this little attitude you've developed. I have some news for you to take to heart, a person is a person, they will defend a class they care about, just as you will hate anything that kills you too much. As soon as they solve this whole veno bleed thing, you'll be boohooing that archers annihilate you every ten minutes.
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Nevermind. Zoe said it all. It's overall the people on the PvP servers, more specifically Lost City, that keep QQ'ing. Poor thing. Life's unfair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol...typical boohoo. nothing against balance here, but your arrogance is astounding. look at this little attitude you've developed. I have some news for you to take to heart, a person is a person, they will defend a class they care about, just as you will hate anything that kills you too much. As soon as they solve this whole veno bleed thing, you'll be boohooing that archers annihilate you every ten minutes.

I am an archer genius.

If it's arrogant to place less value on the opinion of someone who came from the server with less pvp and the class which dominates PVP anyway and is going to lose that power if this update goes well- you bet im one arrogant sonofa...
    Rundora
  • Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hate everything about the concept of genies.

this is a painfully terrible idea and honestly i'm like, really upset.

like raging mad.
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I hate everything about the concept of genies.

this is a painfully terrible idea and honestly i'm like, really upset.

like raging mad.

INBE4 someone takes her seriously.
    Rundora
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am an archer genius.

If it's arrogant to place less value on the opinion of someone who came from the server with less pvp and the class which dominates PVP anyway and is going to lose that power if this update goes well- you bet im one arrogant sonofa...

That's even better! The REASON you QQ is because suddenly, a class that used to be easy for you to kill ended up being able to kill you back!

You know, I don't agree with Flesh Ream. Phoenixes don't come with Flesh Ream and the people who teach their Phoenix it obviously KNOW about the bug. Why don't you hate them instead of the entire class?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Silwyth - Sanctuary
    Silwyth - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i dono why your all complaining about veno's being overpowered. its not hard to stop and think of a strategy to fight them. ill admit that the hercule is a beast, and i cant even beat it me vs herc. so since charging in head on doesnt work, why dont you people stop complaining and make a strategy. not everything is easy.

for any spellcasters or archers this one has worked for me so far. FLY! herc cant get you know can it? switch to a flying pet? hope you killed the veno by now lol (and the phoenix bleed is very stoppable for archers, use your wings of grace when it comes to attack you, you resist the attack, no problem.) stop complaining!

also this genie system sounds interesting =D would be nice to have access to more buffs
  • True - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am an archer genius.

lol. the genius re-run? please child, go boohoo some more. I have news for you, bleed or no bleed, venomancers are still going to get you. and so is every other class from time to time...except maybe barbarians. and when your precious cries about bleed are no longer valid and you still keep dying because maybe you just aren't that good to begin with...then what will you do? become even more hostile and even more arrogant, and demand that everyone lay down their lives so you can feel better about yourself? oh god the gigglefits.
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    That's even better! The REASON you QQ is because suddenly, a class that used to be easy for you to kill ended up being able to kill you back!

You know, I don't agree with Flesh Ream. Phoenixes don't come with Flesh Ream and the people who teach their Phoenix it obviously KNOW about the bug. Why don't you hate them instead of the entire class?

"THATS EVEN BETTER! Now I have an even more overused comeback!"

Oh, how I love you people. I don't even have to work to get laughs on this forum.

lol. the genius re-run? please child, go boohoo some more. I have news for you, bleed or no bleed, venomancers are still going to get you. and so is every other class from time to time...except maybe barbarians. and when your precious cries about bleed are no longer valid and you still keep dying because maybe you just aren't that good to begin with...then what will you do? become even more hostile and even more arrogant, and demand that everyone lay down their lives so you can feel better about yourself? oh god the gigglefits.

This argument is at least 50% slippery slope. Pro.
    Rundora
  • Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I would've rather just had the bleed fixed if it was between that or implementing stupid pets which can make a player immune to bleed entirely

THAT'S unfair. and THAT will upset the balance with venomancers vs other classes in pvp

unless the buff lasts like 10 seconds and the cooldown is like 3 minutes
    edited March 2009
    Options

b:chuckle It also seems that most people forget this is not real life. =O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LoveRed - Lost City
    LoveRed - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yes, I play a Cleric and this would benefit me, but I would still like to say good job on demolishing the demand on a $200 pet.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Why does every thread end up being about venos are op?b:shutup

I mean seriously,the gms could make an announcement that gold charm packs are back and there'd be someone who'd link it to venos being op within minutes.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Terrorplex - Heavens Tear
    Terrorplex - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Forget ur questions >.> weres the Fluffy Panda GM D:
    b:shockedWARNING YOU MUST READ THIS!b:shocked
    The more you hate me the more I love you, the more you fight me the more frisky i get, you can not destroy someone u dont know cause that will make em nothing but if i know u and you know me then you know wat i know, that i would know and that you should know. So in the end u know nothing of wat u just read cause it doesnt matter right? or does it?
  • True - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle It also seems that most people forget this is not real life. =O

not sure if that was an insult towards me or not lol, but I can assure you the laying down of lives wasn't referring to any actual lives. lol.
    edited March 2009
    Options

I mean seriously,the gms could make an announcement that gold charm packs are back and there'd be someone who'd link it to venos being op within minutes.

What can I say? Venomancers are terrorists. Beware, they're coming for you next. b:chuckle b:kiss
    not sure if that was an insult towards me or not lol, but I can assure you the laying down of lives wasn't referring to any actual lives. lol.

Nah, it wasn't, lol. I was just referring to the people who love to complain. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Arodnur - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options

Holy **** that reminds me, how did we go this far without saying:

CHARM PACKS PLZ
    Rundora
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Holy **** that reminds me, how did we go this far without saying:

CHARM PACKS PLZ

Yeah i skillfully sneaked that in there heh

On topic,the items genies can equip,are these items already currently ingame?Or going to be a brand new item set :O
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    YAY I GET A PET :D
    Are they available in FBs/TTs/TWs?
    How many can you "own"?
    sorry if these were asked already :3
    Back.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are these genie skills active abilities or passive abilities?

Primarily active abilities, but that does not rule out the possibility passive abilities.
    Do genies start off with a base affinity / skills or do genies all start the same?

Currently as it stands, all Genies start with the same base affinities. This could change however as the system gets closer to launch.
    What level is this new content targeted at? (the last expansion added content at 70+)

As you can see from the example skills, the Genies will be available to characters of all levels, low and high alike.
    Is it possible to maximize all affinities for a genie (such as normal skills) or are affinity points limited by level (such as stats)?

Affinity points are limited according to your Genie's level. More information regarding the Affinity System will be released soon.
    Is it possible to reset affinity levels?

This will be possible, more details regarding the process for resetting affinities will be released at a later date.
    What is the maximum number of genies you can have? How easy is it to swap between genies? (I'm assuming this is similar to pets)

More information regarding the logistics and management of Genies will be revealed in the near future.
    You mention "equipment slots". What kind of equipment will go in these slot? What are the effects of the equipment on the genie.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but more information will be released soon. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.