Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    800 damage in PvE?
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Nalle - Lost City
    Nalle - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    800 damage added on stats. So I'd guess it got added on the magic damage stat :)
    Zelex - Lvl 73 Blademaster
    Nalle - Lvl 73 Wizard
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Seriously did I type like that? You resort to insults now. You want to know why? I hit 90 and restatted the 48 extra vit I had into my int and got 800 damage added on to my stats. 800!! from 48 stats.

You are using if I'm not wrong, potentially 130+ stat points to just WEAR the light armor. A VAST amount of damage is lost. Your pdef is somewhat better, but you still get 1 shot by nixs, mages, and archers. b:thanks Being a Mage isn't about surviving its about dishing out as much damage as possible before you die. Like I've said before if you want to tank, pick a Barb not a wizard. and I have 6K pdef fully buffed in my 90 Robes, which is a LOT. I tank plenty of damage at this level while at the same time not hurting my own.

Yeah, a light armor build is probably far more useful at lesser lvls (ex: me :p) than when you reach heaven/hell status. Mostly because now it's nearly impossible to hit a crit in pvp and wiz' have **** for dmg, so staying alive a few seconds longer can help our **** be a little less soar from the pwnage, but when and if I hit 90 I'm goin full int.

I dunno, tho. I'm not on a full pvp server, but this is what I found to be true from my time dueling.
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sorry, didnt read all posts in between, so referring to Pandora's first-page-post:

I fully agree on "dont do heavy mage". You will be nearly impossible to kill by any physical user, but your damage will suk incredibly since you waste too many stat points on strength and dex.

Here my opinion on the light-vs-int debate.
    It is simply NOT TRUE that a light mage has nearly the same damage outcome as a full int mage.

Yes, you will be hard to kill since your physical defense, together with your earth barrier, will be very very high. On the other hand, you lose about 140 points of your magic to wear your armour (94 points each for strength and dex for lvl90 armour, full int still needs ~50 strenght for gear, so roughly 140).

I tried around with some vitality points to gain more survivability until my gear is good enough to provide enough hp, and I noticed:
    taking off 50 points of my magic for vitality causes me to deal about 2k less damage to mobs at my lvl (on average), and about 500 points less damage on other players (on average). In my opinion, this is a lot, and will increase with better gear.
    As a light mage, you will have about 5% more crit than a full int mage. In my opinion, 5% crit is not enough to justify losing that much damage in either PvE or PvP.
    At "end game", a full int mage still can get about 15% crit (with right gear), which is way enough to deal awesome damage combined with your natural firepower.

Example: Pandoras magic stat at lvl90: 278 MAG
    My magic stat at lvl96: 462.
    (put off 30 points for higher lvl = 432.)
    Enjoy the low damage...

I dare every light mage to try to kill a Barbarian at their lvl 1v1 or in TW. You wont be able to, unless you have some VERY lucky crits, which you cant rely on. Try to break a hiero of a barb with 15k hp with that low damage. Forget it.

If you want to do your job as a mage = damage dealer, full int is the way to go, especially at later lvls.
    (If you think that you die too quick on mobs or in PvP, put some vit, you can easily restat them later)

If you want to survive, but let others do the killing for you (which in my opinion is not your job), go light. Dont die, dont kill. b:bye
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Forgot to add something:

Please be aware that by following Pandora's guide you take advice of a wizard that has never been high lvl on any other server before,
    and has (in spite of delivering an incredible amount of seeming knowledge about it) never had any idea about "end game".

PLEASE do not take Pandora's guide as your guideline without consulting other sources as well, you might regret it.

b:bye
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I never follow his guide. Specially if it seems that never tells the full truth in fair fight about damage. And I am testing things too because I don't believe only if 1 person sais that light is better even at lvl 90+ and 100+
    But I think I will find it out this little detail...
    Bet he does know which spell to lvl and use though...
    But a 2 k damage diference is very much..specially if you hit more than once...avan in PVP.
    But I still doubt that you can kill a Barbarian with 15 k HP even if you are pure...

And what about sage/demon? Thats harder to find out bc u need to build 2 mages to lvl 90 which costs many time...
    I prefered demon but many ppl say sage and dont know what to choose
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Light armor is okay I guess, but I wouldn't use it.

Nice guide btw.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • azntonyboi11111
    azntonyboi11111 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the guide pandora, it helped alot =)
    Hey guys! Check out the forums for our soon-to-be established guild in the Harshlands server (citadel.forummotion.com/forum.htm)!! See you in the game b:laugh

[SIGPIC]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8964/pwisig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I kill 8x and 9x WBs solo a lot. 15k HP not that hard.
  • drag0nball
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Igues sthen your skills are maxed and a good weapon tooo...
    But you are pure and demon Haizz?
  • bananaphone16
    bananaphone16 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    On what level should u start wearing Light armor?
    in ur lowbie level guide in the first post u wrote to begin ur mage with full int and robes but didn't write when using LA.
  • drag0nball
    edited February 2009
    Options
    welI donnu but I am doubting that can kill a barb at 15 k hp
    I mean I am lvl 80 and I am dueling bm llvl 75 and dont have a chnce not even with that Dew of God protcetion apothecary...
    in teh eair with another lower bM kills me too. so i doubt that u can win at all against barbarians if no amatch not even against BM.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Haiz is a pure holy mage, and I don't doubt that he can do it...
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • drag0nball
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if you say so...
    and holy is better afterall then?
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Killing a decent BM is a lot harder than killing a barb. All a barb can do to you is 50% stun. You get a BM low and he can stun you till his hiero ticks. That and a barb will normally have lower mdef due to no magical sutra.

Anyways once you hit level 89 and get your triple fury skill your damage potential shoots through the roof and that is what allows you to kill a 9x barb. With my triple fury on I can hit a 9x heavy armor for 4k with gush or pyrogram. Usually that takes too much time in a 1v1 so I prefer to use undine strike into essential sutra and throw a bunch of spells at em quickly.
  • drag0nball
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I see...Well to behonest I dotn have lvl 80 weapns yet and not even the TT 70 armors...just some quest items and crappy 1 star items wearing(the sign how much help me the ppl *ironic*) and the greifs breath... All I can do to try to get more ranks and reputation if nothing helps...

But I have used all my spirits in skills at least...soon i can start lvl-ing the Blade Tempest too

But for me the probem was that I just didn't had time to kill because the channeling and castings are toos low. Even if I have undine strike and would use it he still can come close to me. So I guess need to learn the sleeping spell to start the fight with that?
  • Torigabriel - Lost City
    Torigabriel - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A friend of mine told me you have an great archer guild but i can't seem to find it. could you point me in the right direction please. thanks so much.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/llamapi3/2009-03-1000-20-34.jpg

That is pure int damage. No help from anything else. just a fury burst and a ice dragon. (No crits)

Light mage wouldn't break 8K with the same combo.

Here is a crit w/o any kind of assistance:
    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/llamapi3/h4xdmgftw.jpg
    drag0nball wrote: »
    I see...Well to behonest I dotn have lvl 80 weapns yet and not even the TT 70 armors...just some quest items and crappy 1 star items wearing(the sign how much help me the ppl *ironic*) and the greifs breath... All I can do to try to get more ranks and reputation if nothing helps...

But I have used all my spirits in skills at least...soon i can start lvl-ing the Blade Tempest too

But for me the probem was that I just didn't had time to kill because the channeling and castings are toos low. Even if I have undine strike and would use it he still can come close to me. So I guess need to learn the sleeping spell to start the fight with that?

No. a simple tactic:

Seal
    Distance Shrink
    Undine
    Go to town, and keep your distance.

Sleep is nice but definitely get undine strike first. And don't get HH 70 unless you're planning to go for gold armors @ 80 / 90. Its a waste of time. You can get better 3 star stuff.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diegocazt
    diegocazt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    damn amazing dmg.

Llama can say your attributes to me?
  • Diegocast - Lost City
    Diegocast - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    or just how many con need. lvl 40
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    diegocazt wrote: »
    damn amazing dmg.

Llama can say your attributes to me?

I had 50 vit until 90.

When I got 90 restatted. 50 into stregnth for gear and the rest is 100% Mag.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    or just how many con need. lvl 40

Ya I had 50 VIT as well leveling to 80. I find hybrid is a much better way of leveling than pure int. 3k HP is so much better than 2500HP leveling in tusk, swamps, etc. Wizards die alot, but you wll die less with more HP, in my opinion and experience. (i didn't use HP charms till 70).

I'm light armor now but restatting to pure once i finish my HH =)
  • Diegocast - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ah, thank you very much the answers I see that I go well.
  • Diegocast - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ah, thank you very much the answers I see that I go well.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    what mobs should i grind after 68/69? and what/where are they and whats their element/element they are attacking in
    i prefer air mobs cuz of xp modifier XD

i sharded hp for lv 40 armor, phys for lv 50 and ima try magic shards for my TT70 (if i ever get it)
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    what mobs should i grind after 68/69? and what/where are they and whats their element/element they are attacking in
    i prefer air mobs cuz of xp modifier XD

i sharded hp for lv 40 armor, phys for lv 50 and ima try magic shards for my TT70 (if i ever get it)

ok DO NOT get the HH 70, use HP or Pdef stones, or both. Get 3 star stuff, its better.

Your best bet is to find elements you can kill and guard against, water and fire. Water is easiest, plenty of mobs you can find, do your research.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Honestly by 67 you should be able to kill any melee/magic mob without getting hit. Includes flying. So you don't really need to be able to defend against attacks, excluding agro's.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Starstrukk - Lost City
    Starstrukk - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank you Pandora for a such a complete and comprehensive guide! I have found it super useful for making my light armor mage! b:pleased
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thank you Pandora for a such a complete and comprehensive guide! I have found it super useful for making my light armor mage! b:pleased

I'm so sorry.

-Sincerely pure int Mage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ok DO NOT get the HH 70, use HP or Pdef stones, or both. Get 3 star stuff, its better.

Your best bet is to find elements you can kill and guard against, water and fire. Water is easiest, plenty of mobs you can find, do your research.

but i want TT80/90 lol
This discussion has been closed.