Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pandora I just wanted to say that your guide has been extremely helpful for me and I've been taking your advice ALOT when it comes to my Wizard. I love this guide and I would be totally lost w/o it. However, I was wondering something, should I level up my vitality at all?I mean I've listened to your advise and allocate 3 points to my INT and keep my STR and DEX at least 4 points higher than my level, yet I'm just wanting to make sure I don't have to allocate points to my vitality (or will that bite me in the butt later?)
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pandora I just wanted to say that your guide has been extremely helpful for me and I've been taking your advice ALOT when it comes to my Wizard. I love this guide and I would be totally lost w/o it. However, I was wondering something, should I level up my vitality at all?I mean I've listened to your advise and allocate 3 points to my INT and keep my STR and DEX at least 4 points higher than my level, yet I'm just wanting to make sure I don't have to allocate points to my vitality (or will that bite me in the butt later?)

As a light mage you need 3 int 1 dex 1 str per level to keep up with your gear. With stat mods on gear you can do a little variation but int is better than vit imo.

On crit chances; my crit is very reliable. I play in a style where I'm setting myself up for the crit when it happens.
    That doesn't answer his question, you're just feeding your own ego. o.O

I don't know why the **** you're randomly attacking me. Are you ****? My gear ****ing sucks, most people my level have +6 HH90, not +4. If I wanted to feed my ego, I'd keep my **** gear a secret as long as possible, rofl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OK thanks a bunch ^_^. If you don't mind me asking... (i hope i'm not breaking some unspoken rule of PW's when I ask this), but how many points do you currently have allocated for your characters VIT?
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have 3 vit, lmao
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OK thanks a bunch ^_^. If you don't mind me asking... (i hope i'm not breaking some unspoken rule of PW's when I ask this), but how many points do you currently have allocated for your characters VIT?

I have never used a restat scroll, I have 5 base vit. With a restat scroll you can take it down to 3 base and put the two remaining points in whatever you want (coughMAGcough)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karadara - Lost City
    Karadara - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Because you are trading 2% crit - that's a 1/50 chance to oneshot someone - for -6% channeling. -6% channeling sounds great until you realize that these are the spells you use at 90:

Pyrogram
    Gush
    Stone Rain
    Undine Strike
    Distance Shrink

... Where's your channeling kicking in?

And worse yet, let us not forget that channeling is only half of our cast. The other half is "cast" time which isn't even reduced by channeling.

So, let's say you got -12% channeling from both your rings, instead of 4% crit.

You're trading casting unnoticably faster for a 1/25 chance to oneshot someone.

i understand.

is there any use for the channeling ? maybe outside of pvp? i am not sure which spells would be best for maximum dps... maybe its different then?
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok even if it is 13% (feel free to confirm Pandora) what do the numbers really mean as per my above post. How significant is a 13% critical rate. Another question I am now also inclined to ask of any pure mage is what is their critical % like and is it significantly lower in actual gameplay.

Also based on most mmo atks spd/ crit theory the chances of getting a critical increase (not the actual chances but the number of times you can get a critical) as the attack speed does so for example barring misses a BM or Archer should be able to achieve far more criticals than a Wizard even having the the same critical % simply because their atk speed or rate of speed of skill use is much higher. Consider channeling and cast times just how reliable is crit % to a wizard. Note I don't ask how effective it is because its quite obvious that doing a crit will increase your damage output. My question is specifically geared at how reliable is the crit stat where a wizard is concerned. In a sense I'm asking the same question again of just how often do you crit even with a 13% rate.

A general question I would also ask is do all %s work the same way skill wise in Perfect World. For example Hailstorm has a 33% chance to freeze and enemy. I find from personal use/testing the 33% chance to be a bit too low to be reliable (and obviously the damage far too low to be useful). Now considering Hailstorm has a 33% chance to land vs the 13% crit rate calculated by Tryangle, do these %s operate on the same formula? It is another way of asking another question I posited before in terms of does 13% really equate to 13 criticals in 100 tries or does it equate to more than that ingame?

It's not really about being "reliable", per se. It's more about the crit itself.

I mean, the thing about -channeling is, it doesn't REALLY increase your DPS that much, when you think about it. In PvE it might be significant, because it might mean the difference between getting hit and being able to kill all/most mobs effortlessly and doing overall the same amount/better DPS on boss monsters and the like.

In PvP and TW, however, a crit means a kill and you are never going to get to the point where you can double or even increase the amount of your castes by 50%.
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Because you are trading 2% crit - that's a 1/50 chance to oneshot someone - for -6% channeling. -6% channeling sounds great until you realize that these are the spells you use at 90:

Pyrogram
    Gush
    Stone Rain
    Undine Strike
    Distance Shrink

... Where's your channeling kicking in?

Pyrogram: 1.5/0.8 channel/cast
    Gush: 1.0/1.0
    Stone Rain: 2.0/1.4
    Undine Strike: 1.0/0.5
    Distance Shrink: instant

Original times: 1.5+1+2+1 = 5.5 seconds
    When you wear -0.06% casting time gear: 1.41+1+1.88+0.94 = 5.23 seconds

So you really only received maybe a 5% advantage. And did you need that third of a second?
    And worse yet, let us not forget that channeling is only half of our cast. The other half is "cast" time which isn't even reduced by channeling.

So, let's say you got -12% channeling from both your rings, instead of 4% crit.

Then your combo would take 4.96 seconds
    You're trading casting unnoticably faster for a 1/25 chance to oneshot someone.

I do not understand how this fits in here.

If you can one-shot with a critical pyrogram you could two shot with pyrogram and gush? Or maybe we should have used stone rain?
  • Tryangle - Lost City
    Tryangle - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't know if you have a higher character, but he is assuming the other person will have a heiro. If you hit them with a pyro...IF it does enough damage to take out half their health, their heiro will tick and they'll have full health. Then you cast your gush and they're down to around half again. But honestly unless you're higher level than them neither of those will take off half of someone's life. He's most likely talking about a sandstorm crit, so that makes the difference between one spell or two even longer.

Also, - channeling gear in most games would have more uses than in this game. First off...with the cooldown times, it almost hurts you to have -channeling gear, because you will have to wait in between casts, or use something of the not-optimal element. Mages are already horrible on mana, using -channeling gear will only worsen that. During sutra, -channeling gear is completely worthless. I think the only situation where I think -channeling gear is good is while you are sparking, you might be able to get 1 extra cast if you have enough of it. -Channeling isn't bad...it's just that in most cases your choice is either -channeling or crit, and crit is better. If it was a choice of mp or -channeling, by all means, take the -channeling.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    On crit chances; my crit is very reliable. I play in a style where I'm setting myself up for the crit when it happens.

My archer has like 16% crit and I never know when my crit is coming. Oh teach me wise one, how you set up your crits! xD
  • frenzi
    frenzi Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sandstorm is a thing of the past when you get hell/heaven stone rain. Damage difference is minimal, and cast time difference is pretty big. Especially for heaven.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My archer has like 16% crit and I never know when my crit is coming. Oh teach me wise one, how you set up your crits! xD

For mages, you choose which skills you're using based on how much HP they have. Are they near-full? Fine, stone rain. Are they 20% down? Gush them and hope that it won't tick their heiro.

If that gush takes them down to 55% like you hope it does, you have set yourself up for a heiro-free finisher. All that needs to happen now is the ****-rock that follows must crit.

It fails? Oh well, do it again.

The best way to kill a player in this game is to skip their heiro. Trying to battle out a heiro is a pain in the **** because once their heiro ticks, they go defensive and will try to stun you/seal you/sleep you/run away/whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    at my lvl i find it fun to play with thier charm though, lol, until i'm not 10+ lvls under my targets, i might as well burn thier charm lol. *spell spell tick, spell spell spell tick rinse repeat* then again im using an outdated weapon, no gems, no decent perks =P

Im more of a pain in the **** then a killer ^^
  • Tiuqu - Lost City
    Tiuqu - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, again rings sub-topic:
    **Ring Of Flaming Sky +2 (Crit 2%, Magic +2, Dexterity +4)
    ***Ring of Open Sky +3 (Crit 2%, Magic +3, Magic +4)

1. is it rly that much worth to + rings? or maby its just a mirage waste? /and bonus to <anyones> own ego/
    2. ok crit +x%, but u have choosen to have +magic and dex instead of +magic attack? whats more important to the damage? b:puzzled

have u ever considered switching to -xx% channeling for grinding? or maby crit is also more important on grind than channeling?
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

1. is it rly that much worth to + rings? or maby its just a mirage waste? /and bonus to <anyones> own ego/
    2. ok crit +x%, but u have choosen to have +magic and dex instead of +magic attack? whats more important to the damage? b:puzzled

have u ever considered switching to -xx% channeling for grinding? or maby crit is also more important on grind than channeling?

In my opinion refining magic rings is a complete waste of stones if you are a robe with all 5 ele's on your gear as +2 or 3 will do nothing for you in the big picture, unless you refine much higher, but not many would do that. But then again, every bit of def helps, if you have extra, why not

If you are LA build however its a good way to help build up that mag def you are missiing from the LA armor and +2/+3 can be achived rather cheaply. When you are a high level you should have some more cash on hand to buy a few mirages or whatnot. The extra mag def + buffs can make at least a meaniful difference

There are plenty of threads on - channeling and having not used any of that gear yet, i don't want to comment
    b:bye
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

-channeling sucks always. Period.

It's worth it to +rings if you're light, because you're missing mdef.

Magic adds magic attack, and dex means I can put less stats into dex and still wear my gear, allowing me to put more into magic (I.E: Every stat on a ring at 90 becomes magic attack if you base your gear stats on your rings.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    -channeling sucks always. Period.

It's worth it to +rings if you're light, because you're missing mdef.

Magic adds magic attack, and dex means I can put less stats into dex and still wear my gear, allowing me to put more into magic (I.E: Every stat on a ring at 90 becomes magic attack if you base your gear stats on your rings.)

I see a pattern in that post. b:chuckle
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I see a pattern in that post. b:chuckle

That's right. Con is worthless, so you put as much into int as you can. Con is almost as worthless as full int robe mages, but not quite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That's right. Con is worthless, so you put as much into int as you can. Con is almost as worthless as full int robe mages, but not quite.

That last part certainly explains a lot. b:pleased
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear
    RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, Hi! I am Daniel, from Venezuela,

This is my first post on this Forum, and i think i choose the rite place :D

i have a couple question hope u guys can answer, if not such a bigie :)

Thanks to Pandora for the Guide, it's an Outstanding job, the best of the guides i've read for any class, everything well explained and, the most important thing.... Sincere.

"Gimp Class" b:surrender

Well, Now, the questions:

1.- Im going to restat to LA soon, beign almost in my 70(by tomorrow's CSb:victory) i will go for full Light TT70 armor, if possible :), and Grief Breath, as you pointed in your Guide.(That wasnt really a question, i just posted so u guys can tell me if im thinking wrong :P)

2.- If a LA Wiz can wear Robes as well(they can rite?), why not to do it? I mean, today im going to grind on water mobs so ill just use some 3* Robe with water Def +1536, then go PvP with my light?. (Hope u can understand something =/)

3.- How good do we fight Clerics, especially Nuke ones b:shocked. (A lvl67 cleric 2 hits me if i dont have my shell(yes i know... FAIL) atm -.-).

4.- Any advice to get more HH runs going? =(. Its really hard to get one, and when i do good mats go for Cleric and Barb =/(and i think they deserve it cuz of charms and repairs).

5.- Last but not Least, Any tips to make money? i really need now that im restating, any advices will be taken gladly :DD!!

Well, thank u all in advance and, happy to be part of this :D!

See ya!

PS: Crappy english Sorry =(
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just to interject something, TT70 Light armor sucks. Don't get it. Get the level 69 pants mold from fb70, and the level 77 shirt mold from fb79. The TT70 wrists suck too, but they're acceptable since you're probably going to want the TT80 green wrists. Don't even bother with the boots. Find yourself something with some nice bonuses.

Rest of the questions I'll leave to an actual mage to answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, Hi! I am Daniel, from Venezuela,

This is my first post on this Forum, and i think i choose the rite place :D

i have a couple question hope u guys can answer, if not such a bigie :)

Thanks to Pandora for the Guide, it's an Outstanding job, the best of the guides i've read for any class, everything well explained and, the most important thing.... Sincere.

"Gimp Class" b:surrender

Well, Now, the questions:

1.- Im going to restat to LA soon, beign almost in my 70(by tomorrow's CSb:victory) i will go for full Light TT70 armor, if possible :), and Grief Breath, as you pointed in your Guide.(That wasnt really a question, i just posted so u guys can tell me if im thinking wrong :P)

2.- If a LA Wiz can wear Robes as well(they can rite?), why not to do it? I mean, today im going to grind on water mobs so ill just use some 3* Robe with water Def +1536, then go PvP with my light?. (Hope u can understand something =/)

3.- How good do we fight Clerics, especially Nuke ones b:shocked. (A lvl67 cleric 2 hits me if i dont have my shell(yes i know... FAIL) atm -.-).

4.- Any advice to get more HH runs going? =(. Its really hard to get one, and when i do good mats go for Cleric and Barb =/(and i think they deserve it cuz of charms and repairs).

5.- Last but not Least, Any tips to make money? i really need now that im restating, any advices will be taken gladly :DD!!

Well, thank u all in advance and, happy to be part of this :D!

See ya!

PS: Crappy english Sorry =(

Senovit is right, the HH70 armor set sucks. You can get shinguards of hedes and the 77 molder chest for really cheap and they both have big amounts of the best mod for light mages - HP.

Yes, you can wear robes, which is what I do for grinding. Don't forget to change for PVP though! It's easy to forget if you're in fashion.

How to fight a cleric? Well, you have 2 options. 1) Run for your life... Or 2) Hit them to 75% hp or less and blade tempest, and hope that they don't sleep you/plume barrier. Clerics are in robes for the most part and so you will do no damage to them except blade temepest.

Easiest way to get HH runs going is to get a guild and do it with them.

Easiest way to make money is make a venomancer alt. Venos are money machines.

I've seen much, much worse english (coughravencough)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    For mages, you choose which skills you're using based on how much HP they have. Are they near-full? Fine, stone rain. Are they 20% down? Gush them and hope that it won't tick their heiro.

If that gush takes them down to 55% like you hope it does, you have set yourself up for a heiro-free finisher. All that needs to happen now is the ****-rock that follows must crit.

It fails? Oh well, do it again.

The best way to kill a player in this game is to skip their heiro. Trying to battle out a heiro is a pain in the **** because once their heiro ticks, they go defensive and will try to stun you/seal you/sleep you/run away/whatever.

Good technique/thinking there. But that is a set up for a crit and not a reliable crit itself. Thought you had some way of making crits reliable. b:laugh

But then again, my question was worded in a **** way since I asked how to set up a crit and not how to make your crits reliable.
  • Xerela - Heavens Tear
    Xerela - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So far no one has been able to accurately describe the effectiveness of the critical component of the light mage. I accept that if there is a 13% chance that in some instances the chance may be more or less than 13/100 on any given number of tries.

My questions however are very specific and are based more on player experience than theoretical outcomes. For example. How often do you critical per PvP battle. Lets say on average you use 20 skills in a 1v1, how may times on average does any of those skills crit.

As for setting up for a crit I am assuming that no skill has a higher critical rate than the other. The idea of setting up for a critical is a misleading way of saying to tick a hiero and hope that the next skill does a critical. So question: how often do you score a critical after setting up for one e.g. more or less than 50% of the time?

It would seem to me that until Pandora or anyone with sufficient experience can quantify or at least be a bit more descriptive (and specific) about their PvP battles, that the "critical" component of the LA mage is not sufficient to compare to the damage output of a pure mage.

For instnace if a LA is doing 1k damage and a pure is doing 2k and the LA has a 13% chance to critical but both builds can kill a barb using 10k damage, the pure build is going to be able to kill quicker. However the LA has a better chance to survive if the barb attacks it.
    Considering that the argument I am pursuing is only concerning the damage element I really have serious doubts that LAs are in anyway as capable damage dealers as pure mages. This whole composition is hypothertical but as I said at the start none of the LA protagonist have proven otherwise as yet!

Saying I do more damage when I crit or that I have a better chance of killing because I ca crit all becomes very irrelevant information when you cannot adequately describe your chance to crit!

So the question still stands: how reliable is that critical%

Please don't try to explain survivability to me. I understand that component. What I am seeking to have clarified is the damage component!

The reason why its important to me is because if we are dealing with mass PvP or group PvP as opposed to 1v1 then the dynamics of using a mage change. As a for GW (and other mmos) player I know all about group/mass PvP and it would appear that due to pure fear no guild has yet tapped into the potential of using pure mages in the way they should.

I can see just how much havoc a guild with the right distribution o classes could reap. Every post thus far just focuses on 1v1 but it would seem that was never intended to be the strongpoint of mages unless acting as snipers.
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So far no one has been able to accurately describe the effectiveness of the critical component of the light mage. I accept that if there is a 13% chance that in some instances the chance may be more or less than 13/100 on any given number of tries.

My questions however are very specific and are based more on player experience than theoretical outcomes. For example. How often do you critical per PvP battle. Lets say on average you use 20 skills in a 1v1, how may times on average does any of those skills crit.

As for setting up for a crit I am assuming that no skill has a higher critical rate than the other. The idea of setting up for a critical is a misleading way of saying to tick a hiero and hope that the next skill does a critical. So question: how often do you score a critical after setting up for one e.g. more or less than 50% of the time?

It would seem to me that until Pandora or anyone with sufficient experience can quantify or at least be a bit more descriptive (and specific) about their PvP battles, that the "critical" component of the LA mage is not sufficient to compare to the damage output of a pure mage.

For instnace if a LA is doing 1k damage and a pure is doing 2k and the LA has a 13% chance to critical but both builds can kill a barb using 10k damage, the pure build is going to be able to kill quicker. However the LA has a better chance to survive if the barb attacks it.
    Considering that the argument I am pursuing is only concerning the damage element I really have serious doubts that LAs are in anyway as capable damage dealers as pure mages. This whole composition is hypothertical but as I said at the start none of the LA protagonist have proven otherwise as yet!

Saying I do more damage when I crit or that I have a better chance of killing because I ca crit all becomes very irrelevant information when you cannot adequately describe your chance to crit!

So the question still stands: how reliable is that critical%

Please don't try to explain survivability to me. I understand that component. What I am seeking to have clarified is the damage component!

The reason why its important to me is because if we are dealing with mass PvP or group PvP as opposed to 1v1 then the dynamics of using a mage change. As a for GW (and other mmos) player I know all about group/mass PvP and it would appear that due to pure fear no guild has yet tapped into the potential of using pure mages in the way they should.

I can see just how much havoc a guild with the right distribution o classes could reap. Every post thus far just focuses on 1v1 but it would seem that was never intended to be the strongpoint of mages unless acting as snipers.

I think I'm in love. b:dirty This is why all Conqueror mages are pure, and that is the havoc we reap. ^^
  • RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear
    RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks to senovit and Pandora, that will help, one question, 78 mold is Armor of grieving Sorrow or something like that rite? =)

Ty again :P
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

For one thing, light armor is **** for 1 on 1. So stop assuming the things I say are for 1v1, they're for mass PVP.

Now, onto your question. Let's be more realistic. A light armor is doing 2k damage, a robe is doing 2.2k damage. No, the robe does NOT have a better chance to kill the barb, and he's why.

At 2.2k damage each, the barb has 10k hp. That means 2-3 spells is 5k damage - heiro ticked. And then another 4-5 spells for 10k damage to actually kill the barb. So, once the barb's heiro ticks, you have to get off 5-6 spells.

Do you really think the barb is going to let you get off 4-5 spells.

2 or 3 in they're going to stun you or kitty form or pink pot or walk away from you until their heiro ticks.

Enter light mage.

3 spells at 2k each, their heiro is ticked. Now, normally it would take you another 5-6 spells for the 10k, the issue is, your damage is not "easily assumed" like the robe mage. You could get your first two/three spells off and crit your third - bye bye. It's not even unlikely to crit twice in a row, happens all the time. Your target is unable to estimate your damage because of your random spikes and will be running from you constantly or simply dying instead of ruining your chances of killing him every time his heiro ticks.

The issues with full int are as follows:

1) Your survivability is a joke, obviously.
    2) Your damage is sustained instead of spike - and sustained damage sucks ****.
    3) Your damage is basically the same as light to begin with.

I don't understand why you want me to put the crit chance in a different method of speaking. It's 13%. How often do I crit in PVP? About 13% of the time (although it feels more like 20%). I don't know what you want me to tell you.

And don't throw around **** about "the potential of full int mages" and them not being realized by guilds, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The highest level, best equipped mage of my guild is full int, lol. He does alright in TW if nobody notices him, but his abilities in world pvp are nothing compared to mine, and as soon as an archer notices him in TW, he's dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok, now your just ****ing with my head... I understand your whole sustained dmg thing, but you also said you would reroll at lv 90, and you were going hell, your still la, and your heaven, your as unpredictable as your damage...

But I'm going to take a guess... and my guess is at lv 100, your going to drop la, and go pure....

If you think la is better then pure, prove it... I wanna see you vs a pure mage, 10 hits each, same spell, same merchant weapon, armorless or merchant gear of the same lvl for both sets, no 3rd party buffs, no undine, and crit can be taken in to account, then both builds taking a wb or ea or wr hit and get an average of that, and see which build has the:

Better damage average on the wb/wr/ea (and/or)
    Less damage taken from the wb/wr/ea (and/or)
    Better damage average on the other build
    Less damage taken from the other build

If light armor does significantly better on most or all of those test, then I will accept light armor as the superior build, as I'm sure MANY others would as well, but you will never preform said test, with the screenshots to back it up, so everything you say is based on words with no proof, yea, you have screenshots of damage, but you don't give full detail of the scenario, its just "heres what I did to soandso" not "Heres what I did to soandso while they were unbuffed, and I used fury and undine on them"

You nor Haiz can say your build is superior to the other without performing said test, and again, it will never happen, so the debate as to which build is better then the other will always be questioned.
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How often do I crit in PVP? About 13% of the time (although it feels more like 20%).

Your chance of getting a critical in one hit might be 13%, but your chance of getting a critical in three hits should be:

one critical: 30% (slightly under 30%)
    two criticals: 4% (slightly over 4%)

And your chance of getting a critical in six hits should be:

one critical: 39% (slightly under 39%)
    two criticals: 15% (slightly under 15%)
    three criticals: 3% (slightly under 3%)
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    streaker wrote: »
    Ok, now your just ****ing with my head... I understand your whole sustained dmg thing, but you also said you would reroll at lv 90, and you were going hell, your still la, and your heaven, your as unpredictable as your damage...

But I'm going to take a guess... and my guess is at lv 100, your going to drop la, and go pure....

If you think la is better then pure, prove it... I wanna see you vs a pure mage, 10 hits each, same spell, same merchant weapon, armorless or merchant gear of the same lvl for both sets, no 3rd party buffs, no undine, and crit can be taken in to account, then both builds taking a wb or ea or wr hit and get an average of that, and see which build has the:

Better damage average on the wb/wr/ea (and/or)
    Less damage taken from the wb/wr/ea (and/or)
    Better damage average on the other build
    Less damage taken from the other build

If light armor does significantly better on most or all of those test, then I will accept light armor as the superior build, as I'm sure MANY others would as well, but you will never preform said test, with the screenshots to back it up, so everything you say is based on words with no proof, yea, you have screenshots of damage, but you don't give full detail of the scenario, its just "heres what I did to soandso" not "Heres what I did to soandso while they were unbuffed, and I used fury and undine on them"

You nor Haiz can say your build is superior to the other without performing said test, and again, it will never happen, so the debate as to which build is better then the other will always be questioned.

First of all sorry if my english it's not perfect.
    I think streaker has a point on what he said. In fact I guess he is fully right! Because it gives me a feeling that Pandora hates haiz and vice versa. So the fact that Haiz is pure magic than then Pandora sais that is wrong. And so is that Pandora usse light armor so haiz sais that is wrong too. And it gets very annoying after a time because you ( or we "noobs" at pathetically low lvl at lvl 80 +) will NEVER know that LA or Robe is better. Or what is better in what situation. It seems to be a fight in this and everyone jst said ..."no I have right" and "no you dont, cause I have right!"
    And it's too bad that no one makes this to be a fact and to be more explained. It is more personal as I can see and that makes confusing all ppl who choosed to becom a a wizard.
    How streaker said to make a test is a good idea but you two are such a big enemies in every terms that I think this will never happen.b:sad
    Just a fight between...
This discussion has been closed.